Epilogue

"Are you going to make me howl, little Wolf?" Breqlynn turned the vibrator on, threw back her head and let out a series of high-pitched "arfs."

"Who in their right mind would think to get your sister that as a gift?" Amanda asked in a low tone over the continued yipping. Ife Jelani joined in, and soon there was quite a ruckus.

Keilynn lifted a shoulder. "I'd heard it was an appropriate present for a bachelorette party. Besides, it wasn't me who made mimosas for this brunch. It's never a good idea to mix alcohol with Breqlynn." They'd eaten first, then opened presents while imbibing the champagne-laced fruit drink. Her twin had only had half a glass.

"Lesson learned," Amanda replied as they watched Breq chase Kaylee, who was still stuck in her beast's form, around her living room with "little Wolf." Ife, clutching her belly as she laughed, encouraged this behavior unbefitting of the shifter queen.

It was a week after the harrowing events with the demon-possessed shaman. Breqlynn's hair was now shoulder-length, thanks to her sister's potion. By next week, the day of her wedding, it would be back to its original length.

The only one missing from her party was Micah. Breq's assistant had a "family emergency" yesterday and was out of state for the foreseeable future. Although she hoped it was nothing too dire for her human's sake, Breqlynn was happy not to have to wear the wig anymore. It was hot and itchy but closely matched her old hair.

Keilynn stepped in and took the vibrator from Breqlynn. Over her protests, her twin turned it off and said, "You'll thank me for this in a few hours."

Are you drunk? Jaeger's words seemed off, slightly sluggish and slurred.

We, Breq corrected happily. We are drunk! A vocalized giggle tickled up her throat.

I haven't been this hammered since before my first change.

Whoopsies!

At least my meeting is concluded. I didn't know a witch's bond could affect another in such a way.

Breq shrugged her shoulders, which, of course, Jaeger couldn't see. This was all new territory for her as well. Aeddon wasn't bonded and didn't know much about it as it differed between couples. Plus, being a man, the topic didn't hold much interest.

Amanda and Keilynn were cleaning up while Ingeborg Koster attempted to be a buffer between Kaylee and Ife. The werelioness had taken an immediate dislike to the she-wolf. According to the African First's mate, she'd never met Brice's cousin before today. To Breq's mind, that proved Ife had good instincts.

Still, Breqlynn loathed to admit, Kaylee was better in wolf form. The female shifter even let her put on the collar she'd bought for Wolfrick and hung out with Breq at the office. Kaylee seemed happy to be the pet she never had. Although, she was still a poor replacement for Kala.

How did the council meeting go? It was one of the reasons why Breqlynn's impromptu hen party, as Amanda called it, was at her house and not Wolfrick's.

I'll tell you when I get there.

You're coming over? The alcohol was leaving Breq's system at a fast rate, likely due to her link with her shifter. It worked both ways. She was currently only slightly buzzed.

I'm here. The sliding glass door in Breqlynn's living room opened, and Wolfrick stepped through. Everyone except for Breq stilled. She skipped toward him, then launched herself into his arms. They wrapped around her as his head dipped and captured her lips in a scorching kiss.