Strong(One Piece x Reader)[ED...

By Animefreak1145

The Pirates Era has ships sailing all over the world to chase and find the One Piece, as well as to become Pi... More

Prologue
The Straw Hat Crew
The Fistbump Duo
Smoke, Fire, and Sand
Naive?
The Straw Hats See You Later!
Master and Savior
Something is Coming
Dark Justice Returned
Bite
Of Ropes and Ships
Farewell Party
One Last Time
It's Been Awhile
Two Birds One You
Your Crew
Not a Captain
Common Grounds
Affection
It's Coming...
The Ruthless Admiral
Protect
Your Father
Found
Questions
Celestial Dragon
The Boy Named Kuro
Bites From Cats Hurt
Auctioning Yourself
Rayleigh and Your Father
It Has Come
What?!
The Value of Nakama
Silver Blood Captured
I'm sorry
It's Time
The Past: Dispatched
The Past: CP9
White and Silver
Arrival
This is Nothing
Meeting an Okama
Lovers...?!
Pain
This...is...NOTHING!
The Return
A Hopeful and Crazy Idiot
Hate and Disapproval
Roomate
Your Treasure
The Empress
Your Sentence
He's my friend...!
The Future Pirate King
Trust-The Best Thing in the World
Extra: Your Old Clothes and Your New Ones
The Ultimate Team
Secret
Blackbeard
The Comedic Duo
A Gentlemen?!
Comforting
An Idiotic but Likeable Clown
Success?
Naive...?
Halloween Event: Part 1
Halloween Event: Part 2
Hope
The Lizard
Blushing Like a Farm Girl
Let's Ride This Wave
Concern
Kiss
Battle of Marineford
First Battle
Crocodile VS Flamingo
Second Battle
Questions Unanswered
Dark
Memories
Warlord's Eyes
The Harsh Truth
It hurts
Never Smile At a Crocodile
With New Determination
Garp, The Man Who Cared
Sweet Victory
The Fistbump Duo Reunited
Keep Moving!
Protect
...no
Humiliating Defeat
Mask, Gone
The Bond of Silver and White
The End is Nearing
Slowly Fading
Buggy to the Rescue...?!
Naive
Nightmare
Scratches and Bites
Suspected Worries
The Mission
Your Savior
Forgiveness...?
The Man Like the Sun
A Dream
The Song of Hopes and Dreams
Silver Blood's Morals
Always
Back With a Bang!
The Call
Chaos
Scarred Promises
•Intermission•
New Nakama and New Adventures
Lost and Confused
A Mother's Love
The Possibility of Something

Find Yourself Before You Search

2K 45 54
By Animefreak1145

"I will take two blue shirts! The art of the panda is different than the others. So nice!"

"Alright. Here ya go and here's your change. Please come back soon."

"I will take the apron and oh! There's toys! I'm taking a Doskoi Panda stuffed toy too for my nieces and nephews. Wahhh! So soft!"

"They really are high quality around here! So fluffy! No wonder they're so expensive."

"Okay, got it. Here's your change and please come back soon." You say for probably the hundredth time, Doskoi Panda work apron on you as you work behind the counter of the Doskoi Panda brand store. 

"Hai, Hai, we will!"

You put a hand up in a lazy wave as the customers left only to get more immediately. Talking about this or that products, shoes, toys, shirts, pants, cooking supplies—it didn't matter cause Doskoi Panda sold it all in their home base of Mirrorball Island. The island infamous for its wild parties and extravagant night life, the perfect combination to make pirates and marines to come and enjoy the festive island.

Although on the outside, you're politely helping out with customers and guiding them to the best of your ability(you're not an expert in fashion by any means. You point out the comfier looking clothes to customers out of anything else), inside you're shouting and cursing and kicking imaginary objects.

This wasn't supposed to happen! You internally bemoaned, a frustrated growl within your mind. I should be in the Grand Line by now at least!

But it was your fault.

It didn't take long soon after you set sail from where the Red-Haired pirates were situated as well as the World's Greatest Swordsman to realize you have no idea where you're going. More specifically, you were in such an adrenaline high as you were using your feet to kick the water to make your boat go faster until you reached an island for supplies you forgot to get with everyone there, that it hit you.

You don't have the island's name.

You weren't paying much attention to the islands around where the Sea King threw you.

The Worlds Greatest Swordsman saw it while it was happening.

Lost as you were in your own mistakes as you walked through the town of Mirroball, annoyance and humiliation a mix within you as you once again moved ahead without pausing to think and plan, fresh the incident of you leaving Enies Lobby with barely any money, you reached a head and couldn't help kicking a stray rock in the street. Full force. Towards an unsuspecting store that got an equal unsuspecting makeover, except the makeover was more like "destroy over" with how the rock bounced from chipping and making a hole in the wall, traveling inside the store and making dents throughout the walls inside, going through the window up in the storefront, to moving to one beam that held the store together only for it to crack and break to the floor, back to another piece of a wall making another a full hole go through it and the rock racing within the store to finally escape through a window.

You stared along with the townspeople at the damage, the dancing and singing coming to a standstill as a stray piece of debris fell to the floor.

They all stared at you.

And as the owner came out yelling, eyes out of their head but surprisingly unscathed, pointing at you and shouting, you could only stare resigned with drooped shoulders and a harsh face palm. You couldn't help the equally resigned laugh coming out either, which only made the owner angrier.

You couldn't control it.

Just my luck, you thought, before offering the man the money you made from selling some of Karé's spices. The man's eyes widening at the amount before adding with a frown that you shouldn't get off this easy and told you you'll help fix the store up as well as become an employee till he deems it so. You accepted it. You really destroyed the main store of Doskoi Panda. You're surprised you managed to scrounge up enough money to help fix the store. And besides, you asked the man if you can get paid as you work, at least a little. As he counted the belí you gave him, he begrudgingly accepted. Muttering to himself how he hit the jackpot and you gave him more than needed outside of your earshot.

And now here I am. You think dully, leaning against the countertop with a hand holding your head. The consequences of my actions.

You've stayed here a total of five days. And the store owner has learned that although you have money, you need clear guidance on how to help fix the store. He gave up making you fix it when messily rubbed plaster fell on his head. Instead just using the money to get construction workers to help while you focused on customer service.

You've managed to get some supplies with the money he's given you. A good amount too. You gather it's because of how infamous Doskoi Panda is, so the employees must be paid well. And you're getting a lesser amount too! But it's still enough to gather supplies such as food and water, as well as rope and just general hygiene supplies you need. Cause whether you like it or not, your body decides to bleed every now and then.

The embarrassment knowing that Zoan's know when you get it too, is something you can never truly get over.

You slightly flush at the memory when you first got it.

Late bloomer as you were and your infinite luck at getting it while out in a mission at seventeen years old. Just finished with it and at their campsite within the rainforest jungle, their fire being the only source of light due to how dense the trees were and it being night. Confusion at the stomachache you had with Lucci looking at you strangely as his eyes moved and assessed every part of your body. As if trying to find something. Back when he was still distant, eyes still dead as a fish and the ultimate form of bastard. And before you called him by any of his nickname's you chose. Asking with disbelief and that mocking tone if you were injured and if that is why you were holding your stomach. Only for you to say it's just a stomachache before you felt something trickle down between your legs, you hoping you didn't somehow just pee yourself. You've never had a stomachache like that before. Lucci sniffing the air, before recognition went through his eyes, and a grimace in his face before he turned away and ordered you to handle yourself. Your confusion only grew at the Zoan's rare show of emotion, and him pointedly looking away from you but instead of doing it just because he's an asshole he looked...awkward? Even Hattori was looking away too, a wing covering his beak. When you didn't move, he glanced at your bewildered expression, his brow raising.

"Well? Go." At your blank look, Lucci's lips thinned. "You have...supplies...don't you? Didn't you expect...this?"

Your response came unbidden and with no bite. Confused as you were yet interested at how Lucci is showing emotion. And him being uncomfortable of all things. It's a rare sight despite him being the same age as you are.

"I don't know what you mean. I haven't had a stomachache in a while. I don't get sick easily... Wait!" Your cheeks flushed, a connection made in your head. "You're...can Zoan's... did you smell that I peed...?!"

Silence reigned.

A beat passed.

Hattori decided to fly away than be a part of this conversation.

And Lucci?

Lucci looked as if he was constipated with how his brows were tense, eyes an iota wide, and his lips looking it wanted to disappear into his mouth. And if you didn't know any better...is his ears...slightly red?

It was gone like it was never there when he fixed his expression, as best as he could anyways. It seems whatever this was, it was as embarrassing to Lucci as it is to you.

"Are you joking or daft? Did no one teach you of when you become a woman?"

It only took you a few seconds before your bewilderment turned into recognition, then embarrassment, then shame.

Hina's words when you were thirteen within your mind when she took you away to the side in her room to have a conversation. Of being a girl and what it means and when you turn to a woman in biology standards. And how men can recognize the change too. The conversation at the time, frightened you even though you tried not to show it, prideful and arrogant as you were. But Hina, kind and funny teasing Hina who laughed at your pranks to fellow marines and who would jump in to tease Smoker along with you, calmed you with a dangerous smile as she stated these next words:

"You're a woman when you bleed between your legs and again between bedsheets. But remember you can still snap a man's livelihood like a pencil if needed."

You got the last statement when she winked suggestively and motioned with a finger between her legs. You guffawing in surprise to rival the Old Man but confusion at the first part. Asking her what she means by bleeding again in bed. Hina waving off your concern and stating it can be a conversation for another time. If she can manage to steal you away from the overprotective buffoons that is to explain.

You and Lucci were in awkward silence, stifling and heavy as the two of you equally couldn't even glance at each other. Lucci not saying anything when you left and came back with a ripped piece of your white dress shirt under your black jacket. It was only until they sailed away from the eyes of the island in the full cover of clouds and the night, when their ship picked them up with Kalifa being there did you finally find true reprieve. Your embarrassment growing on how Kalifa, younger than you, was more of an expert at this and what to do. Only for her to shrug, fixing her glasses as they briefly gleamed.

"Everyone gets it at a different time. That's just how it is. Now here. Cipher Pol doesn't like loose ends and you now being fertile, and possibly compromised due to it, they have medicine that can help."

And indeed they did. Didn't do much with some symptoms and you still had spotted bleeding when you got it, but their medication did work. Not like you used it for the other reason like other's did, but at least you don't have diarrhea and that's a win. The medication only needing to be taken once per month and working for the next three months.

Sadly, you forgot to pack those with you when you left too. So in another two months or so, you'll get everything full force again. Best to have supplies ready when it happens. Even though others outside of Cipher Pol don't have that medication, there are other substitutes that can help with symptoms. You remember Kalifa mentioning them. The bleeding though?

Not so much.

You're going to have to deal with that when the time comes.

And perhaps you're childish and unreasonably fearful, but you rather not stick something up there and you feel it possibly expand as it does it's job and having to take it out afterwords appealing.

Yet, the other option can be messy.

Thankfully, you're used to blood.

Yet, as you think of the embarrassing memories—memories you have tried to suppress and ignore cause damn it, you're going to look forward and not back—you couldn't help the smile that crossed your lips at how you witnessed Lucci in his own compromising moments. The two of you teenagers despite it all. Despite how deadly the two of you were. And with the others too, not too older or younger than you. That they were all people despite the red covering their hands all the way to their arms.

The remembrance to keep those memories away and ignore this weird feeling that is like nostalgia(but it can't be. Because that means you want to go back.) came back with a force. You focused back into the present and working.

The hours passed by as you helped customers until it was time for you to go, closing up shop with the store owner as music was blasting throughout the entire town. The sun low, yet still illuminating with it's pinks and purples in the sky. The street lamps of this island being more like strobe lights on how they turned off and on in beat with the music. The main party right now being where all the pools are by the resorts and hotels of this island.

You don't quite get how this is a party town for both marines and pirates, but you suppose if the pirates are cleverly disguised and don't cause trouble, they can get away with partying with marines. Who knows? They might get a kick out of it. Giggling to themselves that they're dancing next to someone who could arrest them yet they're none the wiser due to alcohol and the wish to party like the pirates do.

We're all just people in the end, you concluded as you walked to the inn where you're staying, Shanks own words to you of what is good and what is bad, really? What's a marine? What's a pirate? Don't we all wish to be free? Just people trying their best. And doing what they want. If they can.

But you can now.

You can do whatever now. Say whatever. Talk however.

"You're here aren't you? You're free to do what you want! That's a perfect reason to celebrate! Right, men?"

You're free.

"You can be selfish. Ask. You're a pirate, aren't you?"

"I...I don't know yet, really."

"Well, whatever you are," Shanks joked, hand atop your shoulder. "Ask. You're free to do so. Take it if you wish."

You don't ask permission. You don't have to anymore. Take it and hold onto it tight, and good luck to those who refuse you.

You won't stay quiet. If you want it, you'll get it. Like with Dracule "Hawkeyes" Mihawk training you.

You stare up for a moment at the sky as you walked, eyes shadowed under your cap that was only ever growing as the sun was slowly starting to go down. And say goodbye to the day and for night to come, only for somewhere else to experience the dawn. Music far away in your ears and feeling the pull to grab the bathing suit the actually not grubby geezer of a store owner gave you to party since you've been working hard and just jump in the pool and relax.

I can do anything. It hits you once more. This freedom, this thing you have in your hands and with the sail of your boat that you can move whichever way because you get to decide. Travel aimlessly. Stay for how many days you what in an island. To train and to fight with anyone of the open sea. Challenge openly or party and relax as you wish. Pick what is home and what is not. To shout, to yell, to spatting with all your might and not hold back. Because your life is your own. And the sea is open to you. The choices endless just like it's horizon. Is this what you meant, Shanks? Why pirates have this desire for the sea?

If the freedom before you, if the ocean is a representation of what being free means, with its sea breeze and harsh winds and it's waves that can turn to dangerous tides with a flip of a coin, with its mystery yet calling to solve it, then maybe...maybe...

Maybe you have a title you can accept as your own now.

You smiled in a mix of eagerness and nervous excitement as you moved a little quicker to your inn along the main road of the island, wanting to jump in the pool just because you can!

"You have a lot of nerve looking like that." A charming smooth yet light voice stated behind you, you freezing at the sound. Because it's supposed to be smooth and light, not pained and harsh. "Do you know what you've done? Do you truly? Or do you not care, you traitor." The voice spat.

You turned your head, slowly. Disbelievingly. Because no.

You're not ready for this yet.

You can't handle this kind of confrontation yet.

And yet, your wants betrayed what it actually is. Your wide and shocked (e/c) eyes meeting the form of one of your closest friends in the marines. Hina.

Hina, who's expression was severe and gloved hands tight, billowing marine jacket behind her with no cigarette in sight. You distantly notice one on the ground, snapped in half and you wonder if she bit it and that's why she has stray ash around her mouth.

She didn't seem to care though as she glared at you, brown eyes hurt and hostile as you could only stare. Your head refusing to believe this was happening.

"Well?" Hina huffed at your silence, not seeming to take in your disbelief as to what it was. A simple refusal that this was happening, but something else. She scoffed. "Did you think Hina or anyone else will not find you and detain you? You're lucky it's Hina here and not anyone else. I barely managed to be one of the those who were accepted to take you in. Despite our past and whatever bias I may or may not have due to it being you. What were you thinking? What are you thinking, (Y/N)?! Proving to everyone you've ever fought and argued with that you, in the end, are just meant to follow the blood in your veins?!"

You flinch, a jerk of your body as if you were hit. You took a step back even.

"I—"

But Hina.

Hina who smiled and teased along with you to Smoker and sometimes to you too despite her normal stoic and calm exterior. Hina who tried to give you a heads up of what being a girl means and advise and lessons no one seemed to be willing to teach or tell you. Hina who showed you that you're pretty with a makeover once yet adding that they didn't have to do it again because you felt weird but here for you if you wish to do it again. Hina who was actually soft despite how she always seemed to appear stern, similar to how Smoker is. Hina who always had an answer and a cool quip, who you always saw as rational.

Hina—who cut you off and had tears in her eyes and voice cracking at some words as she continued her tongue lashing at you.

"What?! What, (Y/N)?! Or is it just Silver Blood now? No. Ex-Marine Silver Blood. That's it, isn't it? Why do you look hurt? You didn't think what would happen to us? The rest of us who grew up with you? Those of us who were in the same class when we were younger? You didn't think how we would feel? No." Hina laughed, short and harsh. Your ears grating at the sound as you bit your inner lip. "You never think. You just look ahead and damned the consequences. I found it funny once. Admiring even. Just how carefree you can be. But not anymore. Not with this. Not with this...! Do you...have any idea...what Garp is going through right now? Gone and no word from you for years only to finally get something when you came to Marineford only for you to backstab all of us! Do you know what he's been through while you were gone?! With Smoker?! Me?! Everyone?!"

You thought of your fight with that salty pirate back in Karé, mocking at how Garp seemed to be easy to hit the last few years. Out of touch. But you knew.

You knew.

Garp was in pain.

And you tripled it now.

And Smoker...

You can't imagine he's faring much better. Despite you giving him a heads up.

A heads up doesn't hide the sting. The burn. The cut you gave to all of them when the newspaper was printed.

When you spoke, it was more a breath. The wind having to carry your words as you swallowed thickly, heart pounding yet a rock in your gut at the same time.

"I—Hina, I—you don't know what it was like in Cipher Pol. The things I did and seen, I-I didn't want to do it anymore. I couldn't. The things the World Government does...I...I can't. Justice means nothing if it's only about killing...! Please understand!"

Hina's eyes narrowed at your plea, your begging tone and your hand to your chest while the other was open to her, displaying your openness and wish to not harm.

But Hina is in pain. And like all in pain, we do not see what is in front and just lash out. Gone was the pink haired woman's cool stoicism. She was bare before you, chest cavity open to show the damage you've made to her heart, and the sight made your agonizing remorse increase as your throat tightened.

"This is about disliking Cipher Pol? You could've asked to be transferred back! You shouldn't have even accepted it in the first place like Vice Admiral Garp said!" You stagger back, regret and shame clear. Hina took a step forward like a wolf catching the scent of blood. "You never listen! You just charge ahead and hope everything works out. What about now, (Y/N)?! What about now?!"

There was no time to answer, because multiple metal rods came out from the ground under you. You jumped, high and startled at the move, wind blowing your hair and clothes.

"You weren't here when Hina got this. The Ori Ori No Mi fruit, Hina is now a binding lady. Hina went up quite aways in rank. Even have my own specialized Corps. You've been gone for so long you...you..." Her pained expression hardened as she threw an arm out, a rod heading towards you that turned to an open cage wishing to devour. "You should've stayed!"

You dodged the cage with the use of Geppo, still in the air. Your heart pounding but not from this. No.

You can't stand the betrayal and hurt in her eyes. You can't.

She didn't even call herself by the third person.

"What do you want me to say, Hina?! Lack of information went both ways! I couldn't call. And just like you guys were cut off, I didn't know anything about you guys either! You think I didn't want to hear or read anything about you guys?!" Your eyes flashed, glassy as they were with tears at your next confession, dodging another metal rod that wished to ensnare you like a snake. "I would've willingly killed so many to get even a scrap! I would've done anything just for a picture!"

You missed so much. Spandine, the director of four years while you were there before his snot of a son took over, was not as extreme as Spandam with his methods to isolate or belittle or push you to do back to back missions. Spandine allowed you to read newspapers, but none had anything to do with those you truly cared for in the marines. You could only gather from some news stories that they were alright if they were mentioned in an incident or other, but even that was scarce. You wouldn't have heard of any promotions or life changing positions of events. Especially after Spandam took over the last two years after his little incident in Water 7 with one of Tom's students.

You didn't know two years could be so horrible.

Hina paused from an attack, staring at your teary expression. How wretched you look.

Her brows furrowed.

"They...did they really treat you like...like—"

"Like I was trash?" You spat, landing on the ground gracefully at seeing Hina stop. "Like I was lower than that? A shit stain to step on? To push around? You...have no idea what kind of man...no. Thing Cipher Pol has for a director."

Hina frowned, before shaking her head as if to shake the thought away. As if it wounded her too, what happened to you. Hina can't imagine it. Her and the others did their best to make sure you were treated fairly. Not as a pirate child. And yet you were alone. Alone with a man like that director. A superior you couldn't talk back to without punishment.

She can't imagine.

But.

You still left.

Your eyes widened as you rolled out the way from five flexible metal rods, quickly standing up to dodge once more as a cage was formed where you were. Only for more to come out the cage, as if it was never ending and the metal was more like tentacles with how many rods could come out the cage. All connecting. And heading straight for you. You dashing and dodging, yet despite how quick you moved, Hina seems to have good control of her new devil fruit. Only causing mild distraction to the buildings around them, nothing grand when you used your agility.

Karasu at your hip seemed to burn but you ignored it. Kuroi ten'nosabaki was dim on your back. Bleak.

"You should've came back! You completed the mission! You were supposed to come back to us so why?!"

You hesitated, thoughts coming to a halt.

What?

The hesitation was all Hina needed as a rod caught your ankle. But it's like she paid no mind to it. Only on their words.

"After your success, you should've came back like planned. What did you do, (Y/N)?! Why did you become what you swore you never would?! What happened to your dream?!"

You cursed, taking out Karasu to quickly slice the metal. Succeeding but you couldn't take out the cuff now formed around your ankle but at least you disconnected from Hina's endless rods.

Your eyes darted towards Hina, stance on the offensive but it didn't stop voicing your complete bewilderment.

"What are you talking about?! I never completed the mission!" Hina's brows arched high near her hairline, eyes wide as you continued. "I got left! Who told you that?!"

"I..." Hina's thoughts were overlapping with one another, before she took a breath and recalled what Vice Admiral Garp stated. Of your CP9 partner confirming that you completed the necessary mission for you to come back as planned, based on what the Fleet Admiral stated. But now you're stating it never happened. This mission that she doesn't know the details of no matter how she tried to pry from the Hero or the Fleet Admiral. Even as inebriated as the Hero was at the time, the normally sticker for rules Fleet Admiral being tight lipped and focusing on his friend instead of whatever questions she had. "...this doesn't make sense."

"In the end, nothing really ever does." Hina turned her gaze up at your words, your fatalistic tone. Bitter. And she truly took a look at you. Truly. And she gasped, breath hitching at what she saw. Your brows furrowed, frown deepening as you lightly held your sword you must've gotten while you were in Cipher Pol because she's never seen it before. In addition to that harsh scar on your left cheek. "What?"

"What happened to you?"

You wince, before straightening. Yet your eyes didn't change as yours met hers. The world coming to a standstill as the sunset's rays behind you illuminated your back, yet caused shadows over your expression. It only highlighted what Hina saw more.

"I...don't wish to say. I feel like you know."

Hina's mouth tightened as she stared and observed. Your bright and shining and gleaming eyes nowhere to be found. Only darkened. A light dimmed. A candle snuffed.

Something died in you.

"Are you really a pirate now? Or something else?"

A choice. She's giving it to you.

What are you now?

A mere traitor? Bounty hunter? A wandering traveler? Or, what you swore you'd never be and proved to others time and time again that you are not, a pirate?

What am I? What am I really?

You swallowed, opening and closing your mouth before your eyes fluttered shut before opening, a familiar glint in them that Hina remembers. It calmed her despite your next words that she already knew.

"I'm free. So, yes. I'm a pirate."

"...you can't keep being on the defensive like you are with me. You'll have to fight us. Do you understand?" At your silence and your uncomfortable aggrieved expression, Hina said it again more sternly. "Do you understand?"

Do you understand what this means? Hina is saying between words, within the silence and her resigned grief stricken expression that twisted the knife in your heart. You'll have to fight all of us. Everyone you loved and saw as family or friends. Whether distant or close. Take out your sword against us in a serious fight. We aren't on the same side anymore.

And yet, you couldn't help but think of Shanks' words. Shanks—kind and genial and warm-hearted and open and always joking to make others laugh, man of the sun—Shanks. Of how he saw you as a woman and not your title. A person.

You...don't think you can do this.

"I won't cut off my bonds with you," You say, managing to not crack or waver. Because you won't. Not in this. Never in this. You can't leave them fully behind. You don't think you could ever. "With any of you. I...you're..." You breathe deep, almost choking as sudden tears flooded your eyes and they fell amongst the ground as you gave Hina a watery smile. "All of you are my Nakama...!"

All of you are my family!

Your eyes seemed to scream as well, the unsaid word but the one both of you knew as true.

Hina's eyes turned shaky, trembling. The words in your gaze caught. And you thought you saw a tear go down only for her to quickly turn her body away. Hand swiping at her face as the other took out a den den mushi.

"You..." A shaky breath in. You can spot a shadow of a relieved smile from what you could see of Hina's face as you stood behind her. "Never really listened. You didn't change there. Hina...is glad."

A breath stopped at your throat, wide eyes pausing from creating more waterworks as the leftover tears on your face went down your cheeks.

Hina...

You didn't even notice you taking a step forward to reach out, Karasu calmed in your other hand. To pull her into a hug. Cause when was the last time that has happened? When you left all those years ago? Whenever it was, you just wanted to hug your friend. The older sister figure that you had. Not only to comfort her, but because you want to hug her again too.

She's Nakama, dammit!

And yet—

"Hina to Black Cage Corps. Come at once. Hina has caught sight of Ex-Marine Silver Blood and needs assistance." Hina reported, all commanding and her troubled expression gone. You stilled, face twisting into hurt once more. She put away the den den, but kept her face hidden from yours. The sun now gone and the sky now in its dark blue's and black. "This is how it will be now. You've made your bed, despite your words of not cutting us off." Hina took out a cigarette from her pocket, lighting it up and inhaling before she released the smoke. It curling up above her as she moved her head up to observe it as you instinctively did the same. The smoke seeming to hit you without touching, the juxtaposition of it and who it reminds you of clear. The same could be said of Hina due to her following words. "Smoker's devastated. Garp the same. It wasn't supposed to be like this. You had a future. Tell me...do you regret?"

The quiet between them was thick and heavy, like a blanket draped over a dying fire. It was a tense and melancholic silence, the kind that comes when silence speaks alone.

A breeze blew pink strands, and into Hina's face, blocking any tears that are at the edge of her lashes. She blinked them back, keeping her shoulders straight and turned to look. She could hear her corps coming from all sides onto the main road to corner you.

Except you were gone. Just like the breeze.

Here one moment, gone the other.

Like all those years ago, back when you were safe and had that prideful exuberance you were known for. Gone with a World Government ship and the base quieter due to it.

Hina's smile was paper thin, eyes holding a deep sadness.

"Ah," she says to herself, not paying mind to her subordinates as they realized to themselves you must've escaped and dodged everything Hina thrown at you for they could see the many cages and rods around the main road. "So that's your answer."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

In A Marine Ship In the Sea—East Blue

"Peroperopero. Peroperopero. Peroperopero—Kachack." The den den snail's expression formed into the one on the other end, eyes squinting showcasing stress and with four cigars hanging out its mouth to display that even more. Along with the curt "What?" from the line instead of the standard hello.

A gloved hand squeezed the speaker before speaking between a cigarette.

"Hina saw her."

A short and straight to the point reason. Hina was always like that and she knows not everyone appreciates it. But her and the one on the other line have always been similar in that way.

And, this must be said.

The snail did an intake of breath, cigars falling down from its mouth as it cursed at the loss but the tired expression on the snail was now alert.

"What happened?"

Hina thought for a moment, lips in a firm line before recounting the events. How you looked, what you said, what you didn't say. And Smoker was silent through it all, expression tight based on what she can see from the transponder snail. It seems that he knew you weren't here with her before she even spoke. Then again, Smoker was observant too. He knows how she also likes to speak between the silence.

"Vice Admiral Kuzan was right," she commented, putting her cigarette out in her ash tray on her desk that held a mountain of them. "But Hina...was not prepared for it. She's the same but...different. It's been so long so of course there would be change, for such is life. However...However, (Y/N)..." Hina's lips pursed, throat tight. "...is not coming back."

The snail got hard to read, as it's eyes closed. Almost as if he stepped away from the transponder. But she knows he was there. Because the closed eyes turned tight, and the lips were in a heavy frown.

"..."

"Smoker?"

"...did she really call herself a pirate?"

Hina swallowed the lump in her throat, knuckles white under her gloves.

"Yes." The snail's expression, if possible, turned more tense. Tense eyes, tense mouth, lines everywhere and Hina could picture just how tight Smoker's jaw was without the snail needing too. At the sight, at the thought of what she saw from your own anguished expression, Hina threw rational thought to the wind and let a flicker of hope take the reigns. "It may be a ploy however. There's sects in Cipher Pol that can act similar to the SWORD unit. This may have to do with her last mission she stated was never completed but we received word it was. The counteracting words from both sides may be to cause confusion to help (Y/N) in her mission! You know how stubborn and commited she could be. She...probably thinks she doesn't need help. She's alone...!"

"They were alone, Hina!" You shouted, years ago when you were only twelve and eyes aflame back from an island who had groups of children suffering. Orphans. Slaves. Parents away in other parts of the island, either not caring enough or just gone. Your hands shook from anger, your whole body seeming to wish to fight something. Anything. Despite how you and Vice Admiral Garp already took care of the perpetrators. Your buster sword towering over you behind your small back, needing to be slanted in order for you to walk. Yet, it did not take away how large you appeared with it. "No one should be alone! Never like that! They needed help...and no one was there...!"

The snail's eyes looked deep in thought, far and away as it's lips remained downturned. Flickering in emotion at her last two sentences. Hina gathered from her time with them and what little Smoker said that you were alone before he came along.

You need them.

Needed them.

And yet, they weren't there.

Due to a choice made and having to deal with the consequences of hopeful sky reaching dreams.

And now, cut off due to another choice. A line made and sides decided.

Although, Hina thought internally with a crumpled smile, You seem determined to not cut off our bond.

"...I have to go. I'll call you later."

The call ended with a Clack.

And Hina was left, sighing. Her eyes shined as she kept her grip on the speaker, smile paper thin.

"Liar." She bowed her head, letting tears flow down from her face as she covered her face, trying to muffle her sobs which only made her throat tighter. Her friends in pain and she is too and there's nothing to be done. "I didn't think so either."

There's nothing to be done when choices are made.

I hope you can find happiness in yours, (Y/N). Hina thought in between tears, falling down to the floor of her cabin if her gloved hand couldn't catch them. Letting the tears come now to be released so she can call the Hero next. He deserves to be told just as much, despite how it would pain him. For your sake.

"They were alone, Hina! No one should be alone! Never like that! They needed help...and no one was there...!"

"You think I didn't want to hear or read anything about you guys?!" Your eyes flashed, glassy as they were with tears at your next confession, dodging another metal rod that wished to ensnare you like a snake. "I would've willingly killed so many to get even a scrap! I would've done anything just for a picture!"

Please, Hina thinks desperately, don't be alone now. We can't be there, but find someone who can, (Y/N)!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The nightmares are back.

It's constant now. The reprieve you had for the past few weeks were long gone, as if they never existed. That dreamless state you achieved ever since you defected a month ago(it's been that long already?) is but a flicker in your life now. A speck.

You were in your boat, laying down and lost in your thoughts cause that's all you had. Yourself and your thoughts. You couldn't keep yourself distracted long enough, even with you practicing katas or trying to meditate. The forefront of your mind was always Hina's face, her words, and the words and faces of others in your torturous dreams that make you wake up always in a cold sweat, chest heaving, heart a bird in your chest, and looking wildly around as you half gasped and half shouted. Only to meet the ocean, your boat, and your swords leaning against your sole mast. Your muscles aching although you haven't trained much at all. Always tensed up, never relaxing even while you sleep(it always started as resting your dry tired eyes but the nightmares ensnare you even with such simple intentions, your body exhausted) and you know you look like a mess. Days and nights passing by, sun and moon up and down along with the stars and you not pushing yourself enough to do basic hygiene.

Hair everywhere and tangled, skin looking (pale/ashen) with bags for eyes, clothes rumpled, hands trembling and you know you must smell too because you haven't taken your little bird baths that you do under the compartment door of your boat.

You constantly felt sick. You had no appetite. You barely managed to keep some water down, your stomach just wishing to purge everything which was dangerous out in sea. You might get scurvy.

But you didn't care.

You only saw faces. You only heard words. You only felt deteriorating shame and overwhelming guilt in your chest.

""You never listen!" Hina's voice echoed in your nightmares. Her face full of anguish in front of you, but also anger twisting her features. A sneer of disgust even. The shadows and haze that comes with your nightmares making her expression that much darker. "You just charge ahead and hope everything works out. What about now, (Y/N)?! What about now?!"

You couldn't talk. You opened your mouth and nothing could come out.

"After your success, you should've came back like planned. Or not at all." You don't remember Hina saying that. That's what the nightmares did. Twist memories. Twist into something of what you think others are truly thinking. Feeling. Your deepest fears out in the open. Your mind mocking you with it. Hina here, laughed bitterly, hoarsely, like something caught in her throat. "What did you do, (Y/N)?! Why did you become what you swore you never would?! What happened to your dream?! Is that all you are? A pathetic girl who can't amount to a simple dream like that?"

Her contempt expression smoothed out, until you saw her tears fall from her face. From always stoic and cool Hina—tears. You were faced with uncomfortable vision and assumption that this is what she looked like soon after you had to leave her.(Again.) Red faced, and red eyes, all tense yet defeated and that agony, agony of what you did. (Treacherous, a voice in your head you couldn't see whispered within the standstill of your nightmares. Sometimes it was Smoker. Other times the Old Man. Even your mom. And other times, it was an amalgamation of everyone you let down or hurt. Assassinated. Killed. Even that captain Mokoko killed to save you in Karé.)

"You hurt me. Smoker's devastated. Garp the same. It wasn't supposed to be like this. You had a future. And you threw it away. You threw us away. Tell me...do you regret?"

I didn't, you wanted to say. Wanted to shout. A desperation to prove you wouldn't do that to them. Never treat them like trash. You wouldn't! I would never!

But you can't speak. Your voice captured when you were here. Sometimes you could speak but it was always when you were begging and pleading, just a spare few words before you could say anything again.

Hina's face switched, like a mask being taken off, the body deforming along with it, muscles enlarging and bones popping(the change was always so macabre, so dark. Was it a call back to bones you broke?) until you were met with Smoker. Except it wasn't as the last time you saw him with his buzz cut.

No. It was worse.

The small in stature kid in front of you, with eyes bigger due to youth and white with a hint of smoky teal hair up and rumpled, a bat with nails leaning against a slim shoulder. A rustle was made and you looked down just in time to see an equally messy dog, looking up at you with a whine and pawing the ground. Rocky, you recall. The name of Smoker's dog back when they were younger. A part of your adventures, making the duo a trio instead when he was still alive.

You were met with the end of a baseball bat, the young Smoker's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Who are you?"

"I—" you were caught by surprise that you could speak but continued. "It's me, Smoker. It's (Y/N)."

If possible, his eyes narrowed even further. He tightened the grip around the bat and jabbed it closer to you until it was under your chin. Rocky started growling by his side, hackles up.

"Don't lie. I hate bullshit. The idiot I know may have a pirate father, but she'd never become like him!" He neared you, getting in your face and it was with bitter nostalgia seeing this Smoker again like this. More reckless emotion and cursing. And protective. Even though he's not aware that who he was speaking of was you. Once. The bat with nails are touching your neck now. And all you could do was let him as you looked down at him, eyes tight. Rocky barked at your feet, dangerously close with his teeth to your ankle. "Who the fuck are you?! Wearing my friends face?! So, who are you?! Did you kill her?!" He grabbed at your clothes, fisting them and forcing you down. You following the motion as you couldn't even look straight at him. Did I? Where did that person go? But Smoker had grit and he got in your face, brown eyes looking as if it was coal with how black they looked in his rage. "She wouldn't prove those bastards right like you!" An echo of a memory when you were fist met Smoker bounced along the nightmare, of not caring who you were, only the desire to be a marine and prove others wrong. "She'd never leave! She's an idiot but loyal! She wouldn't leave!"

Before you could even come up with an answer, an excuse, something—the body morphed again. Now it was an older Smoker, cigar in his mouth and hair cut to a buzz and a cruel gleam in his eyes. He still was fisting your clothes, except he now towered over you and blew smoke in your face making you cough. Your body shuddering at the remembrance of this imitation of Smoker. The one that would always torment you during your time in Cipher Pol within your nightmares.

"Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in," Smoker mocked. But this wasn't Smoker. It wasn't. "The no good monster with blood on her hands. You think I wouldn't call you a friend before? I won't ever now, traitor. Who would be friends with someone so disloyal? Turning your back on us?" He whistled, shaking his head at you as he still gripped the collar of your shirt. "You completely and wholeheartedly gave up. A quitter. Against the very group that brought you in. A monster. A traitor. A shirker. You have no sense of Justice it seems."

Something snapped in you, your eyes zeroing in and narrowing.

"What I was doing wasn't Justice! You don't understand—"

"No!" Smoker brought you closer by your collar, your feet off the floor and his hateful gaze was full front before you now as your noses touched. Him continuing to snarl out, "You just couldn't handle it! You saw corruptness and decided to run away!"

He threw you down, you skittering across the dreamscape floor and grimacing due to it. Once you came to a stop and looked up at him, you stilled. Smoker's eyes peering down at you with disappointment.

"You're a coward. What would Garp say?"

Smoker turned your back on him, and between one blink and the next, Old Man Garp's broad back faced you instead. Your eyes widened at the image.

More gray hair, and normally straight back shoulders slumped although his arms were in his standard position of being crossed. And yet, just from what you saw, you feel as if a breeze can take him down. Which it shouldn't. Nothing could bring the Old Man down.

Nothing.

There was a distance echo of words in your mind scape—a memory that always came and went within the recesses of your mind ever since you first heard them.

"I...heard of a y-young marine once—that t-travelled with Garp the Hero's ship and helped b-bring in all...types of criminals...years ago. A pupil. T-thought you died...being so absent for so long...and that so-called H-Hero looking p-pitiful. T-taking more hits...than usual." The salty pirate captain stated, implication clear. "You were j-just hiding than...? Oh how the mighty have fallen. What will...that Hero think of his pupil now?"

I did that, your lips wobbled, despite your gaze still in disbelief at the Garp before you, defeated and worn. Your hands clenched on the ground. I hurt him. I'm at fault.

"Oyaji..." Your lips immediately formed, because that's what you've always called him.

The Old Man.

Ever since he met you, all scratched and bruised and loud to hide how scared and tiny you were. But he bypassed all of that and brought you in despite your insults. The test you tended to do to see if people would leave when you were young. Sometimes even now. And yet, all he did was a Fist of Love, act angry from your words with a quick insult back, before going back to normal like nothing happened and continue to have you by him. Training you. Watching over you. Getting you out of trouble or becoming a part of it in their travels in his ship or in base. Your gaze always glancing towards him, always looking up at him to see how he would react. Your heart soaring and attempting to hide a pleased grin when you caught a prideful look or he would guffaw, large hand messily ruffling your hair. Or your relief after him yelling and a quick Fist of Love if you did something unwise, but only releasing a sigh and picking you up so you don't see his worried gaze. But you would catch it and you were just happy that he cared that much.

Because despite you meeting Smoker first, you were with the Old Man more due to how you travelled with him in his ship.

Because despite you meeting Raoul first, you were under Old Man Garp's wings more.

Because despite you being a pirate offspring, and him a famous marine, he believed in you anyway.

And yet, as this image of a defeated Garp before you turned his head slightly backwards to gaze down at you, all you saw was heavy disappointment.

"I never should have raised you."

Breath escaped you, a sucker punch to your chest as you could only watch wide eyed as he faded into dust before you.

Such simple words. And ones you never wanted to hear. With a look that you never wished to see.

Your eyes misted within the nightmare, screaming yourself hoarse and calling him to come back and to wait, hands desperately out. Because you can take his anger. You can take all of it. But never, never that.

A look within his brown eyes that displayed you were a failure and never should have believed you, never took you in, never raise you, never show you the wonders of adventures and saving and helping and camaraderie of marines.

You woke up with a half shout, tears falling from the corner of your eyes to your hairline due to your sleeping position. Only you to sit up, knees to your chest and crying to a fist as you could only think of that look, that stare, those sunk shoulders. You would cry some more as you thought of the others, of betrayal and hate and anger and failing to recognize who you are.

And this was the loop you fell into, whether the sun was burning your skin as you laid on your boat, eyes lost as you stared up or the moon and stars trying to comfort you with their beauty above the ocean view, or turbulent waves attempting to distract you and keep you attentive lest you fall from your boat.

(You did once. You didn't realize it until it was hard to breath, and you took a breath only for water to go in. Your body in automatic instinct as you swam up, coughing and hacking when you came up to the surface, grabbing and flopping over to the surface of your boat appearing like a wet dog attempting to be a starfish with the way you landed and shook your head to help with getting the salt water off of you.

You wondered briefly afterwords if you wanted to fade away like that. In the water, lost in your thoughts like you're lost in sea and adrift in what to do now after being met with the past.)

I don't want to die, you think with a frown, eyes pensive. I just want the nightmares to stop. I just want to focus on what I'm doing now.

And yet, your mind was a scrambled mess on what to focus on. Of choices you've made. Of people you've saved. Of people you've killed. Of the way you left Garp and the others. Of the way you left Cipher Pol. Of the way you were saved. Of the way you betrayed. Of the way you can move forward. Of the chance to achieve your dream with a proper teacher.

Of what your mother said, the words and her sneering face as she said it in your nightmares, and how it might be true.

"You managed to break hearts faster than I thought, starting with mine. (Y/N). You're going to hurt everyone. And you'll feel it too."

Of what others have said about you, towards you. All judgement and cruelty towards a child who didn't even reach their knees.

"What a savage child!"

"Completely feral, a demon!"

"Pirate spawn really are devils, look at that face!"

Of who you are.

"Who the fuck are you?!" The kid Smoker yelled in your face. It's eerie how accurate your mind recalls how he looked back then. And how hurt too. "Wearing my friends face?! So, who are you?! Did you kill her?!"

Of what you've done.

"What did you do, (Y/N)?!" Dream Hina mixed with Real Hina collided. "Why did you become what you swore you never would?! What happened to your dream?! Is that all you are? A pathetic girl who can't amount to a simple dream like that?"

Of how to cope.

"I never should have raised you."

Of how to move forward, when all you can think of is how you don't want to see Smoker's and the Old Man's face twisted like how Hina's was. You don't want to see the consequences of your actions.

Because Hina was right.

You're reckless. Once you feel something, you go ahead and do it without properly sitting down to think.

You didn't plan to collect beli from your room in Enies Lobby. You didn't plan how to get out of Water 7 due to that. You didn't pause to think of what your actions would do to the people of Gaising, abused by marines. Your need to help when someone asked it in Karé, you didn't properly take into account you would need help and you would've died if it wasn't for Mokoko. You threw caution away even when you were defensive in front of Shanks against Mihawk, knowing you would die if he struck but you did it anyways. Not even long ago when you punched that store owner for making your mother's eyes have tears, you did not think how it would affect her afterwards.

You follow your instincts without thinking of the consequences.

It's how you've always been.

But it's not like I didn't think of their feelings after I left Cipher Pol, you justified to yourself, biting your lip as you sat against the bow of your boat, unfocused eyes ahead on your swords against the main mast. I just...pushed them back. They have to understand that the World Government is crooked. The Old Man...he tried to warn me about it...! But I didn't listen. You covered your eyes with a palm, slamming the other with a fist harshly against the edge of the bow. I didn't think.

You stood quickly, boat slightly shifting with the sudden movement. You walked up to your swords, hand fluttering around the handles of each one.

Are you making excuses? Are you a coward? Are you actually that much different from how you were before like Hina implied?

Can I go back and be that person again?

No, you startled at the raspy yet cool voice, before recalling it as the one you heard before, when you killed that bandit and traitorous cowardly old man in the new island for the villagers Shanks and the others found. Just accept you're a monster. Others opinions don't matter. Do what must be done, coward. Fight.

"Hah...so even voices in my head think I'm one." You couldn't help but smile pathetically, as your fingers released their hold around the glinting Karasu. Kuroi ten'nosabaki looking steely and flashing it's metal reflection towards the katana. "This is so a new low."

Yet, you frowned in resolve.

I can't keep going like this. Your gaze focused ahead on the horizon, the sun starting to get closer and closer with the sky matching the slow change from bright blue to pink and orange with the ocean reflecting the colors back. Back and forth in my progress on who I am, what I must do, how I must act. You lift an outstretch clenched fist before you, covering the sun. I can't keep falling down each time I thought I took a good step. Why can't I stick with what I'm going to do?

Your hand falls back to your side, relaxing as the sun's rays met your boat and therefore your body. Only to clench both your hands at your side once more, jaw setting despite your (e/c) eyes filled with a mix saudade and a look one might find in a lost hurt animal yet with this gaze that maybe this person won't hurt them like the others.

You have to move forward. You have to achieve your dream.

And that involves taking the next step, and find the World's Greatest Swordsman's island.

If you can't be the person in your past again, so be it.

Despite repeating that to yourself, it didn't stop the insomnia and nightmares. Still, you carried on. You must. Catching something on the log pose that Kokoro gave you to use and following it where it leads. Soon after spotting the island with dense and large fauna along with multiple volcanoes, as well as what it seems to be two uniquely shaped...mountains?

Weird though, you think absentmindedly as you sail. The voice talks like Lucci.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Amongst The Halls of the Tower of Justice, Whispers Abound—Enies Lobby

"Psst, hey. Did you hear? They haven't found that traitor yet."

"Yeah, they have no idea where she went. No one talked in Water 7 about a boat going missing. Or who assisted her. The bitch leaving her money on purpose to not have additional items to track her scent must've paid off."

"She's sure calculative. And managed to get the best of Lucci-San too!"

"Hush! Not so loud! Do you want to die?"

"A-ah, sorry!"

"Besides, based on the Director's words, she seemed to see herself as a seductress."

"Her? I didn't think Lucci-San could want to...be with someone like that. Besides, it seems he and some other agents might be moving on to an important mission. The most CP9 agents on a mission ever."

The agent sniffed, shrugging.

"A hole is a hole." The other agent's brows furrowing at the words but not denying it as he sighed. The vulgar agent moving on, not sensing someone around the corner within the shadows as they continued to stroll the halls. "Still, a man like Rob Lucci being so close to a traitorous foul blooded bitch like her...it's suspicious how easily she managed to leave..."

The furrowed brow lifted up in the other agent.

"Hey...you're not suggesting...what I think you are? Didn't you hear about what happened to Jabra-san? What he said to the others? Lucci-san never gives mercy to anyone...!"

The vulgar agent sneered.

"Except a hole apparently. He's like any man in the end." The other agent was silent, countenance in concentrated contemplation. "I'm not the only one suspicious you know," the vulgar agent added, "The way she left...the Director being punched without Rob Lucci blocking it...their relationship from before, despite the insults...it could all be a cover..."

"A cover for what?"

The vulgar agent opened his mouth to state the theory, only to be interrupted by heels. The sound of it making the agents jerk their heads to where it was coming from. Their eyes widening, before giving a quick bow of their heads.

"Miss K-Kalifa!" The more timid agent stated. "We didn't see you!"

"Is there something you need of us?" The other agent asked after giving his small nod in respect. Eyes sneakily raking over her body before meeting her eyes behind her glinting glasses. She didn't hear that, did she? Impossible. He gave a polite thin smile, which she returned easily, her eyes still hidden behind her flashing glasses as she motioned an arm before her, stepping to the side.

"Come with me, agents. There's an impromptu report that must be filled by you two specifically."

With that, she started walking ahead of them. The two agents starting out of their shock and walking behind her. Not minding the way she swayed her hips naturally as she walked, their eyes following it.

Odd, the vulgar agent thought, what report exactly? We haven't left for a mission in some time. Is it another updated report if any of us saw that pirate bitch leave or saw any hints prior to that happening?

As if she can hear his thoughts, Kalifa spoke as she continued facing forward as they started to go up the stairs. Them walking underneath her and her wearing a skirt, well, it made their cheeks flush at the show.

"I'm sure you both are curious why I'm bringing you up to the roof of the Tower. But well..." She drifted off, pausing to turn her head to look at them a few steps, a sly look in her eyes and an alluring smile playing on her lips, playing with the collar of her shirt below her suit jacket. "Well, I feel as if a reward is in order. I've been watching both of you for quite some time. And I felt—"Kalifa's hand moved from her collar, down to her chest, to her abdomen, and to her hips as she tilted her head to expose a side of her neck. The two agents following the movement as if in a trance. "That you two deserve a reward~." She purred before continuing to move forward, her glasses back in it's glinting state as she raked a hand through her short platinum blond hair, her face shadowed.

"What a score," the vulgar agent whispered to the other, making sure they're enough steps back so she wouldn't overhear. "Guess all that talk of 'sexual harassment' goes out the window with this. In the end, all women are the same and they just want it."

"B-But...isn't this...weird?" The other agent quietly spoke back.

"Hm?"

"Miss Kalifa's...just seems to be out of our league."

"Ha! Maybe out of yours." The vulgar agent put an arm around the other's shoulder playfully. "Don't worry. You can just watch if you want. Three is a bit crowded for this kind of party."

The agent's cheeks flushed.

"I—I...!"

The vulgar agent regarded the other for a moment before pushing him in joking manner away.

"Heh, so you are a man. Want to taste her too, do you? Now, she is a woman. A bit on the younger side, but a woman nonetheless."

"Nineteen isn't that young." The agent frowned. "The World's Government age of consent is younger than that."

The vulgar agent's brows rose in surprise, elbowing the man on the side.

"I changed my mind about you. Just make sure you don't get in my way."

The finally reached the door to the rooftop, Kalifa opening it and keeping it open for them as the two agents passed by her, each giving this own salacious smile or quiet undressing gaze. They walked ahead to spot some cushions and blankets at the edge of the roof, a view of Enies Lobby and the ocean's waves falling into the abyss that's below the always sunny island. Them taking in the view and noting how close the blankets were in concern before shrugging it off. An extra edge of excitement that they may fall if they're not careful just adds to their adrenaline. Kalifa quietly closing the door behind her, leaning against it for a moment as her eyes flitted towards the back of the roof that had a small clay made sheds as well as umbrellas, for the roof of the Tower was quite large and popular for sunbathing and relaxing.

She focused back on the duo.

The vulgar agent taking a look at her as he stood atop the blankets with his suit jacket gone and shirt already loosened, the other more to the side with just his jacket unbuttoned. She walked up to the blankets, and the crude agent reached first, but she stopped his hand by catching his wrist, lips in a line.

"That's sexual harassment."

The vulgar agent rolled his eyes. The other watching in attention.

"That again? You say that for anything." He leaned forward until his breath was on her ear. "When you want it anyways. You don't have to play hard to get with me. I can handle..." his mouth hit closer, a hair breath's away from touching her skin. "...your true self."

"Oh?" Kalifa said lightly, before cracking the wrist she held. He yowled only for a split millisecond before she used her heeled foot to kick him off the roof and for him to fall into the abyss below, too winded for him to even scream as he fell to his death. "Men never know when to stop. My words calling them out..." she gracefully lowered her lifted pale leg back down, uncaring eyes looking over the edge. "...has always been for good reason."

"W-Wha—?!" Before the other agent could finish, he suddenly felt tightness all around him, constricted where he could barely breathe.

Kalifa glanced at Kumadori who appeared next to her, passively watching his pink hair like a lion's mane wrapped around the man's body.

"This is getting out of hand. They are the seventh and eighth one who spoke of such talk." Kalifa fixed her glasses professionally, raking a hand through her short blond hair as well. "Keeping such rumors from going wayward and to the higher ups appears like wishful thinking."

"Yoyoi! Not to fear, Kalifa." Kumadori did a twirl with his khakkhara staff, right eye lightly closed as he did his standard pose with his other hand guarded hand in front of him. "We can handle it all! Good that Jabra was the first to catch it. Dependable yes, astute eyes and nosy nose, what a wolf who hunts...!"

A round body rolled into the scene, stopping next to Kalifa's empty right side. A zipper unzipped.

"Chapapapa! No time for haiku's, Kumadori!" Fukuro squeaked in his high voice, arms crossing his large spherical body. "Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything after Jabra got choked out by Lucci, and he told me his thoughts of what actually happened with (Y/N), Lucci, and Spandam."

"You think?" Kalifa deadpanned as she needlessly fixed her glasses, making them glint.

"Cha...papa..." Fukuro sweatdropped, scratching his cheek.

"Yoyoi, it can't be helped," Kumadori intervened from the tongue lashing Fukuro has already gotten numerous times from all of them outside the uninformed distant Lucci. "We should start to plan how to tell Lucci of everything that is going around."

"Chapapa, no need! Jabra says Lucci should already know."

"What?" Kalifa exclaimed, brows up before settling as she put a gloved hand to her chin. "So he's keeping his distance for more reasons than we thought. Besides the way he sends agents who even look at him the wrong way to critical care. They might get amnesia thankfully with that. What I imagine to be his goal. Either way, good thing for us he's stopped sunbathing up on the roof so he doesn't hear these trash speak."

The reason why was unspoken between them.

"H-hey!" The other agent, that was still constricted with Kumadori's use of his hair, managed to squeeze out with the little breath he has. The three blankly turned towards him. "Wha—what you're doing—tre-treason...! You're kill...hckk...ing fellow agents...! For...rumors...?! That he started...!" The agent glared at Fukuro, who's eyes narrowed, cheeks flushing in anger.

"Papapa! I never twisted it like you grunts!" Fukuro shouted, visage twisted in such a way the agent has never seen from the stupid looking yet always seemingly happy Cipher Pol member. "I'd never spread anything that can truly hurt them! Or us. I say secrets, not gossip."

Them? The agent wondered briefly, eyes widening. Lucci-san and that foul blood?

"Yoyoi." Kumadori squeezed, looking oddly serious as he squeezed him tighter, the agent starting to see stars in his vision. "You should quiet now. You'll meet my mother soon. Don't set your eyes on her. This haiku," Kumadori's dramatically painted eyes both squinted into slits, as he shook his khakkhara staff to make the jingle, similar to the bell in Marineford to say farewell to those who passed on. "You shall remember."

"And none of you are us," Kalifa added, making a show of looking at her nails. "None of you are from Guanhao. The true training from Guanhao to be like us. You aren't part of us. We protect our own."

What?! She's not making any sense!

"B-but...hckk...! Is this about...our comments...?! I didn't say...what he said...! I'll...hfghh...keep...qui...et. From...all this..."

Kalifa's expression changed, jaw setting as her glasses glinted.

"You're innocent because you didn't verbally agree to that man? You said nothing. Not a pipe. Silence from men like you..." Kalifa curled her lip. "Might as well mean agreement." What?! She's fucking crazy! "And don't think I didn't hear your whispers behind me. We'll make sure to protect young girls from you."

His vision moved from stars to seeing spots, but no, he can't. Not like this.

They're not making any sense!

"T...hat...whore," he managed to spat, the three CP9 agents staring hard down at the man but he continued. "Isn't...even...from Guan...hao... so why...?"

"We protect our own."

She's not even from there! Why do they care?! She was just a job! Didn't they all...hate each other...?!

The three agents regarded the choking agent for a moment, his eyes starting to turn bloodshot. But they didn't see that.

Kumadori, the one who taught you techniques and the other Rokushiki you didn't know for the first four months when you transferred over. Personally seeing how headstrong, unrestrained, and carefree you were before your demeanor started to change due to the profession and the treatment from everyone else. Of your words of amazement at his moving hair by using Seimei Kikan. "Whoa! That's so awesome! How do you do that?! Teach me that too!" The exuberant verbiage went down after time passed, but Kumadori would still feel embarrassingly prideful when he would catch your awed eyes looking when he used the technique. As well as when you would quietly admit when he did an impressive haiku, giving a quick short claps, with reserved humor in your eyes. "Best one you've had in awhile. You might get into that famous theater after all." "Yoyoi! Your words are too kind for such talk!" "...your hair is dancing all happily around you and you've said before you want to be a main act there." "What an embarrassment, Yoyoi. Seppuku!" "That's unnecessary...!"

Kalifa, who did her best to teach you about how to truly dress up as a woman despite your complaints. As well as how to live like one. Kalifa felt as if she was the older one instead of you throughout all of this. Especially since their talk about why she acts the way she acts as a woman and for men to know their place. How you gave her an appraising look, a newfound respect in your eyes that you tried to hide. Your next words making her surprisingly flush at how your words could've been taken differently, yet you said it so sincerely and casually. It proved how dangerous you could be as a charming woman. More so after Kalifa dressed you up in a tight black slitted dress for a mission when you were nineteen to her sixteen, your cheeks appearing heated and you looking embarrassed when you saw yourself in the mirror with your hair and light makeup done, touching the strapless dress with a gloved hand, the black gloves coming up to your biceps. "I look..." "Stunning?" Kalifa proudly fixed her glasses. "Thank you. I don't do mediocre work." "I don't think you're the one that's supposed to say thanks," you deadpanned before your uncomfortable flustered look came again when you glanced at the mirror once more. "I look weird. This is more something you can pull off." "Tsk, flattery will get you nowhere. And you're speaking nonsense. Learn to be bold. You are when you speak your mind. Towards Lucci specifically." "That's different. I look different. How am I supposed to fight in this anyways?" "I am perfectly capable. Which means you are." An interesting look passed in your round eyes, before they lowered and looked to the side, cheeks heated. "...thanks." "For whatever for?" "Don't know. Just felt like saying it."

Fukuro, who couldn't keep quiet about anything. A lover of speaking and over sharing other's lives, an eager part of the audience that wished to be a participant. Vicariously living through others by spreading their thoughts and actions that were meant to be kept hidden. Having to share and can't keep quiet. Fukuro knew you were like that too, when you first arrived. They were similar in that. Before you started biting your tongue that Fukuro is sure is scarred over and clenched your fists tight when Spandam became the new Director two years ago. Although, before with Spandine you tended to keep quiet, but not as greatly as after that. Fukuro knows you have trouble keeping quiet, and yet you don't share as much as you need to. Or should. Watching you is so exciting after all! Even though Jabra is more fun to watch too. The faces you two make when caught is hilarious. Was. Was hilarious. Like when he caught you in the library reading something intently after three years with them, and muttering. It looked like it was a standard book about policies of a New World kingdom Fukuro recalls, Redrosa or Ressroda or Dress something along those lines. Which made it suspicious as he stood behind bookcases, trying to peek and see what you were actually reading, sneaking to the bookcase several feet behind you, you so concentrated on your reading, your senses being dulled. So when Fukuro caught the childish drawings and simple explanations on each page of how to treat a certain type of animal and what to expect, Fukuro couldn't help his sputter to a laugh. Your head whipped back, face caught and red as you snapped the book shut. "Wha—Fukuro?! What are you—I mean. Uh. Can't you see I'm studying for a potential mission?!" "Chapapapa! Yes, and I don't have zipper for a mouth! Chapapapa!" Your face made an interesting color, desperation being added. "You didn't see anything...! And if you did, you actually didn't." "Chapapapa! So there's no book hidden that you were actually reading? I believe the title was Feline Understanding: How to Raise and What to Expect. I think the page you were looking at had a childish drawing of a kitten hissing and puffing their tail." "Look—" You took a breath, looking lost for a moment on how to keep him quiet. Whether it was for your sake that Lucci doesn't find out due to you trying to understand him or due to it being practically a children's book on cats, Fukuro wasn't sure. But it's funny! And a perfect secret! It's been boring and not much to talk about lately, stagnant like how he remembered his island being before the World Government took him to Guanhao. A realization flashed in your eyes before you looked to the side, disappointed. "Man. After all that work! Jabra is gonna be pissed." Fukuro's ears twitched. ""Chapa? Jabra?" You nodded solemnly, lifting the hidden book between you two. "Jabra was the one that gave me this in the first place a few months ago. He had another idea for a prank against Lucci and wanted me to be involved. It required a knowledgeable touch however, and two people. So he gave me the book to help find ideas to prank Lucci due to his Zoan fruit." Fukuro looked eager. "Chapapa! So what was the prank?" "I'm not telling you!" You were back to appearing upset. "You can't tell anyone what Jabra was planning! It involved Lucci's favorite fish, a mouse, a feather toy, a box, a pack of wolves and everything!" "...chapapapa. Right." Fukuro made a motion of zipping his mouth instead of actually doing it. "Consider it a secret." "A secret of Jabra's master plan. Hopefully he doesn't pin its failure on me..." "Chapapapa! So it was all his idea? Got it! See you later, (Y/N)!" A little after that, it was chaos with Jabra screaming, rumors and whispers abound, and Lucci looking more irritated than usual. But one grab of his arm from you, to tug him away to spar instead of being pissy at Jabra and in turn sparing Jabra,  everything calmed down. Fukuro never spoke about his theory of whether you were embarrassed about being caught with the book at all or due to you actually wanting to understand Lucci. ...at least not until a few days passed. But it got covered up due to Jabra's clear failure of his plan that he kept denying.

You were distant due to their own distance. And right when there may have been a shift, Spandam became Director.

You got quiet and could be snappish. Standoffish.  At times a melancholic look if left to your own thoughts for too long.

But the times you did a short laugh, a chuckle, a smile no matter how small—the moments in between when your guard was low along with their's—there was a change.

The choking agent must've spotted their gazes, glinting. The silence as the answer to his question. The dying agent's vision only black and his hand loosening from Kumadori's strands till it fell. His last thought being:

They're all liars.

Kumadori threw the dead body over, it falling to the abyss down below the island, following the others back to the door to head back down to meet Blueno on his end to change reports based on your location to send agents towards you.

After all, their leader in everything but name is determined to catch you himself. Nothing wrong with a hand.

They watch their own after all.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You munch on a particularly comically humongous piece of (meat/vegetable) that you (killed/foraged) to get, juice falling down your chin as you hummed casually, the towering tree you chose as your spot with its stretching branches that appear to touch the clouds shaking with the threat of it falling, the earth shaking.

Leaves rained down on you, you paying no mind as clanks and cracks reverberated throughout the whole island as you watched.

"Can't wait to go back to Elbaf after this! Right, Dorry?!"

Clash!

"Aye, Brogy! The food and our fellows await me, since I shall defeat you today, Brogy!"

Clash!

The forms of the giants as large as mountains, causing a tremor for each step and each attack, each swing of their weapons that caused a whiplash. The powerful gale making you have to hold onto your hat as you continued munching on the other.

Little Garden, the tropical and astoundingly humid island that made your clothes stick to your skin due to it, was quite a place to land. Exotic birds with feathers in every shade of the rainbow flit through the sky. Insects of all kinds, some you haven't seen before, the bright colors disguising how deadly they truly were and you being vigilant to avoid them.

Amongst the verdant greenery, other creatures of the island make their homes. Exquisite reptiles at times as large as the two giants battling before you, slither through the undergrowth, their scales glinting in the dappled sunlight. In the crystal-clear streams that wind through the island, schools of colorful fish dart about, creating a shimmering tapestry of aquatic life in the deep and dense rivers and lakes.

But what truly captures your attention are the two awe-inspiring giants that inhabit the island since you first landed here in your dichotomy of depression and repression of said depression. Their presence is as immense as the ancient mountains that dot the horizon, as well as the two downed skeletons of dinosaurs that each giant chose as their campsite based on the skeletons location. Towering over everything, they seem to be living embodiments of the island itself. Their muscular frames are weathered and rough, not much different to the dinosaurs here.

Brogy, with a wide grin under his blond beard shaped like an axe's blade, clothes that are typical of Elbaf's warrior vikings which consists of red overalls with fur lining and yellow pants along with a red helmet with two horns. And Dorry who is bare chested that was partially covered due to his long beard that went all the way down to his armored sternum, dark green pants with fur lining and a helmet that partially covered his eyes.

When you first arrived, you were on Brogy's side of the island in a river channel. One moment you were sailing and trying to find good spot to dock, the next—a reptilian head the size of a boulder popped out from the water, hissing and shrieking as it's only warning and wishing to snap you and your boat, it's back that had a spiky sail for a spine being the only other feature you observed before slicing its head away from its body with a quick vicious flash of Karasu. The head still being airborne only for a hand the size of a caravel ship to catch it.

You blinked up at it. Moving your head ridiculously backwards to see.

Only to meet the giant the hand is connected to, with a large grin.

"Oh, thank you for this," he said, moving to pick up the disconnected body before it floated away due to the river's currents. The fifty foot large dinosaur looking small in the giants hand. You blinked again. "Spinosaurus' have a fishy yet meaty taste. It's quite delicious! Gababababa! Would you like to join me since you caught it? The name is Brogy!"

You stared, head staying all the way back. You sheathe Karasu doing so before crossing your arms, expression serious.

"You're welcome. And okay. Please don't sneeze on me."

"Eh?"

You point up towards his nose, the nostrils the size of an entrance to a cave.

"Please don't inhale too near me either. I don't feel like becoming a snot in my life."

He blinked at you. Slowly. Before laughing his thunderous laugh, easygoing despite the strange words. Taking your acquiesce as it was, him turning and you following him, an easy leap up to his shoulder with Karasu and Kuroi ten'nosabaki loyally in tow.

He asked directly if you were around giants before, you answering as a yes. The marines had a Giant Corps after all. And you did have one sneeze on you. You actually shrieked. To be fair, the others did too. Only for some of the snot to drip down onto said open mouths from said shrieking. It can be a messy affair(and vomit inducing). As for the inhaling...his nostrils just brought you some concern. You pointed it out to him nonchalantly and it only made him laugh harder, his shoulders shaking that it made your feet unsteady but you held onto his ear to stay stable.

When they reached his campsite, the skeleton of a monstrous dinosaur that must've been what you mistakenly thought as mountains beside them, he began to cook. You making observations of everything. From his large weapons to the grand campfire and used bones of his past meals, to even skeletons that were human.

You paused to stare, one eye slightly shadowed under your cap as it met an empty skull's eye sockets.

While you were analyzing and assessing, Brogy did his own side glances at you as he finished up the food that you graciously gave him as well as fruit you spotted as a side that he deemed safe.

A hardened marine, Brogy observed the moment he saw you, tired eyes and sullen face yet a body that is ready to attack in a moment's notice. Although you're trying to hide it. You have no indication you were with others due to your boat, yet experienced with giants and large animals that others have died from. (To be fair, him and Dorry get into it when they battle so they don't always sees what's on the ground until it's too late. Thankfully hasn't happened often, untrained humans are just fragile towards everything.) A deserter then. You seem alright. Maybe you just need some company to help with that look?

You glanced up at Brogy when he passed you a piece of (meat/fruit) that he prepared, saying a thank you with a smile before eating. You've determined he's a good guy. Not the type to kill out of cruelty or lack of reason. He was friendly the moment he saw you. And quite funny.

Because there's no way you're in the Grand Line again. That's impossible.

At your dismissive flap of your hand and disbelieving smile, Brogy blinked at you, smile frozen on his face as he sweatdropped.

"It's true. You're in Little Garden. A prehistoric island within the Grand Line."

"Pfft! Yeah, right. That's impossible. I was just in the East Blue and I didn't travel through the Calm Belt this time."

This time? Brogy thought, before lowering his food.

"Hmm...if you were in the East Blue but didn't go through the Calm Belt...you could've been sucked into a whirlpool or a traveling waterspout. Gababababa! But you would've recognized it since you're an experienced marine!"

"I think I would've known that too and I'm actually—" You stopped mid sentence, eyes wide. You fell at one point off your boat without realizing it. Was it actually a whirlpool that took you and your boat under and spat you back out in the Grand Line? The East Blue may be the most serene, but an ocean is an ocean. You're back in the Grand Line...! "I'M BACK IN THE GRAND LINE?!"

You still had food in your mouth, the sudden shout making a piece go to your throat and make you choke. Hands to your throat in surprise as you hacked only for the piece to fly out your mouth due to a flick of Brogy's finger to your back. You also flew forward and smacked your face against the ground due to the force.

"You okay?"

You lifted your head, face dirty and crumbs around your mouth, teeth sharp.

"TOO AGGRESSIVE!" You fixed yourself, rubbing your heated cheek with the back of your hand, embarrassed. "Thank you though."

Brogy stared at your pouting abashed expression, charmed. And impressed. He did his best to be gentle, but you took it easily. You're quite polite for a marine.

It was then a volcano erupted. Brogy grinned, getting up as he said it's finally time again. At your question of where he's going since he didn't finish his food, Brogy's eyes flashed.

"What a warrior does. Fight!"

"Uhhh. Fight who?"

"Dorry. He's a warrior from Elbaf too," Brogy answered easily, picking up his axe and casually checking its sharpness with a look. "Perhaps this will be the day that I win...!"

"Oh!" You exclaimed. "So you guys are sparring! Is that why you're so far away from Elbaf?"

"Gababababa!" His laughter made the ground tremble. Your brows furrowed in bewilderment. "Sparring? Warriors don't spar!" Brogy's eyes glinted, his grin sharp and serious. "We fight to the death!"

Your eyes widened.

"W-What?! How long have you guys been fighting like this?! Why?"

Brogy shrugged easily.

"I don't even remember why we started fighting. But it's been a hundred years now." Your jaw dropped to the floor as you made a loud exclamation. Brogy carrying on like you said nothing. "It was an argument but...Gababababa! Who cares about silly things like that! I just want this 60, 756th fight as my win!"

Your jaw dropped before your eyes fell to the ground in thought as Brogy passed you.

"...hey."

Brogy paused, glancing down at your tiny form, spotting your tense shoulders.

"All this...the way you're acting like whatever happens happens yet you give it your all, despite how you seem to keep losing...is it really only pride that is pushing you both?"

A beat passed.

You heard Brogy shift behind you, you turned your head to see he had his free arm up and to his side, as if to guide you. His gaze welcoming yet resolved.

"Watch and learn, polite marine."

And this is how you're here.

Making sure you move at times with the use of Geppo or the more efficient Kamisori or else you'll get sliced by the whiplash of an axe or sword. They were giving it their all, eyes only on each other and the swing of their weapons. There was no holding back, each swing and movement was meant to be fatal. And yet they were joking, grinning the whole time, eyes sharp yes but the camaraderie was palpable along with the natural tension that comes with a fight.

You couldn't keep your eyes off them, Awe clear yet lost in your own thoughts.

I've never had a fight like that before. You frowned to yourself, hands clenching around a tree branch. Friends, but fighting to the death. They don't hate each other at all. It's more than pride, an axe and a sword clashed, the ground reverberating from movement and booming laughter, it's fun...!

You have no problem with fighting. You never have. It's all you've known and will continue to know due to your dream. You loved a good fight. It was just most of your opponents were jerks or bastards so it took some of the enjoyment off. You enjoy the challenge. Like how Dracule Mihawk displayed the difference between you two.

And, it's something you and Lucci clicked on.

You put a hand to your scarred cheek.

Will we...fight like this one day?

Your brows furrowed at your words of farewell to Lucci.

"This is a promise. Only you can capture me from CP9. If I lose to you someday, then so be it. You'll give me to Enies Lobby. But, only until you beat me and successfully capture me. Those are the rules. "

"And what if I can just kill you?"

"Then so be it. You're my comrade, so do what you best see fit."

You frowned, dropping your hand away from your face. There's no point in thinking about such things now.

You need to stop looking back. Like how these giants are.

Your eyes widened, gasping as something clicked in your mind.

Like the giants...!

So that's it. Your lips quirked, anxious yet eager.

You have to be like these giants then. Keep moving forward, go with the flow happy attitude like how you were before and like them, and everything will be okay.

You can do this. You can be like who you were before. Stop focusing on the past, and what if's, and how the people you've left will react.

You may not be fully how you were before, but so what? Everything will come together, everything will be okay. You just have to act like these giants here.

Have a face that everything will be alright and eventually it will be.

Also, of course, to never let go of your pride and have fun in everything. But you don't think you've changed there.

Your smirk widened.

"I see. So I just have to be like that. I can do that."

You might be a monster, but you'll be you too. You'll make sure of it.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"So?" Brogy stated after you both went back to his camp. Although you were able to greet Dorry, who Brogy gave some of the meat you killed too. He seemed quite thankful based on how thundering his voice was at the type of meat it was. Spinosaurus is quite popular with them. Dorry gave you the same questions of you being a marine but at this point, you just didn't correct. They seemed to be aware you weren't a run of the mill marine anyways. They departed after Dorry also gave Brogy a large trout he caught for a trade, Brogy practically sparkling at it. Which he is eating right now after cooking it. "What did you think?"

You looked up at him from your seat on the log, casually leaning your arms on your knees and gave a humored grin.

"Definitely more than pride. I can relate to you guys I think. I love fighting myself." You palmed Karasu on your hip in thought, eyes shifting down. "I wish I had something close to what you guys have." You met Brogy's eyes. "You guys are really good friends."

Brogy grinned around his fish.

"Gabababababa!" Your eyes popped out, getting up to dodge a stray crumb that almost got you from his mouth. You really didn't want that to land on you. You cringe at the saliva falling from the crumb. Brogy not paying any mind even at your noise of disgust and false annoyance. You can't be truly mad at a person who laughs so freely like this. "A marine that has warrior tendencies! What a rare find!" Brogy stopped and gave you a curious look. "Say, what are you going to do to get out of here? Do you have a log pose? It'll take a year for it fix itself."

You flapped an uncaring hand, the other to your hip.

"Nah. I've just been going where the sea takes me."

"Gababababa! Letting fate give you its course?"

You shrugged a shoulder, smile light. Kuroi ten'nosabaki gleaming and Karasu glinting in the sunlight.

"Maybe." You don't really believe in it. Maybe lucky coincidences. Although sometimes it's funny to think about. Your expression turned thoughtful. "Is there any surprises I might find to get out of here?"

Brogy nodded, leaning his head towards you.

"It's difficult due to the Sea Kings that are waiting outside the current to take you back to sea. There's a particular large goldfish looking one that's always eager for some little humans."

"Sea Kings, huh..." Your boat is too tiny to take on many Sea Kings. You got lucky that the Sea King you rode practically launched you from one sea to another. Your eyes brightened. You pointed at Brogy, grin sharp. "Hey! I have an idea!"

Brogy's brow arched, only for them to rise as he heard said plan before he fell back in laughter, holding his stomach and causing an earthquake from his fall.

"Gabababababa! What a crazy human you are!"

Your sharp grin widened, practically a smirk that could cut, pride palpable.

"For what I must do for my dream, I think I have to be."

"Oh?" Brogy sat in attention, leaning his head down more towards your straight form. "And what's that?"

You tipped your cap, an eye shadowed.

"Only the world's strongest woman. And everyone will always know."

Brogy matched your sharp grin.

"A gutsy warrior if so. You might have to compete with my fellow beautiful giants for that."

Your eyes did not falter as they met Brogy's.

"I'll fight anyone and win for it."

"...heh." Brogy's head tilted at you in a semblance of a nod, appraising. "What a day that would be. A human beating a giant in strength."

"One everyone will remember."

"I see." Brogy stood up, grin ever present and approving. "Let's go with this plan of yours than. And may God Elbaf watch over you, gutsy marine. I pray that you make through this and achieve the impossible."

You stood, putting a hand to your neck and cracking in preparation.

"No such thing. I'll make it possible. But thanks, big guy."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The plan was simple.

Your boat and yourself on the dull side of Brogy's axe, the sail in your hands to act like a parachute for your plan.

Brogy swung. And you flew above. The weight of Kuroi ten'nosabaki helping you stay somewhat down to make sure you're able to create the parachute when you need it.

You spotted the Sea Kings below, bypassing them due to the force of Brogy swing. Your hair whipping in your face, the wind cutting your cheeks, and hysterical laughter escaping.

This is way too fun! You turned your head, throwing a thankful smile over your shoulder and hoping Brogy could see it as he waved at you, his form now growing tiny. Thank you for everything. I needed to see you both. I hope you guys can find a solution despite it all.

You focused back on ahead, preparing for the sail to be a parachute to the island that you can spot in the distance.

The next adventure. Until I find your island, Dracule Mihawk...!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

In an island where the stench of blood is still stuck, war still fresh and baboons with mimicked bloodlust because that is all they saw, a torn castle stood. Some parts needing to be cleared from fallen debris, a mess in certain rooms with broken glass and fallen beams, already having dust in others along with cobwebs. The epitome of cold and stark and dark, everything that signals a silent cry of want of what it once was.

And within it, in a darkened room with a red velvet chair that surprisingly withstood the past attacks, a black cloak over the back of the chair by a window overlooking the foggy island, red wine swirled in glass. A newspaper to the side atop a side table holding the headline: "Silver Blood Escaped Black Cage Corps! The Slippery Ex-Marine!"

The stray is lost. Golden eyes peered out the window, frown heavy as he let out a sigh. She is lucky I follow my whims as they come. Any longer, lost dog...

Dracule "Hawkeyes" Mihawk recalled resolute (e/c) eyes, no hint of fear in a meeting of Warlord's and staring straight on. The raised chin of defiance at his words back in the island. Your skin holding beads of sweat, graceless upon the ground and eyes wide at the fact you would've perished if he truly wished it. Only for a shaky grin to rise, your eyes seeming to glitter. What made his curiosity flicker.

Dracule "Hawkeyes" Mihawk, the World's Greatest Swordsman who is stoic and golden eyes ever seeing and always critical, smirked, eyes alight.

Dog who shall never be chained again. Not cowed or shall bend. Mihawk smirk widened a smidge before it fell like it didn't exist and took a sip of his red wine. Show me what you've shown Akagami, loyal stray.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Along the East Blue Sea— A Small Boat Afloat

"Do you know where we're going, fanboy?"

"My name is Jet! And I don't see you helping!"

"I have never travelled outside my island. I trusted your expertise but," A sigh. "It seems you are lacking."

"H-Hey! I might not be a good navigator but we can't just keep going to every island and asking around where (Y/N) went! It's a total fail! It's like she completely disappeared!"

"The fanboy stalker can't find his victim."

"YOURE AS GUILTY AS ME! AND IM NOT A STALKER!"

A twitch of the lips.

"...so a fanboy?"

"...I hate you."

"Ugh, save me from my misery, Koki." A rough voice spoke in Zuko's mind space. "Our descendant needs lessons on being an adventurer."

Zuko pretended to not be offended by that outwardly, but it didn't stop from Jet looking at him bizarrely at his red eyes looked tight.

"You know I didn't actually mean the other thing, right?"

"I like you," Zuko replied blandly.

Jet's eyes widened before they narrowed, teeth sharp.

"STOP DOING THAT AND SAY WHAT YOU MEAN! WERE YOU REALLY OFFENDED?!"

"Stop it, Rai." The quieter yet firm voice of Kokiri answered. Zuko felt a gentle prodding from the rose colored hair ancestor. "Sometimes, it is best to use what is around you when you lack knowledge."

Zuko's brows came together before Jet called out there's a merchant ship a few miles away. Zuko leaned over and squinted his eyes to read the name of the vessel, before spotting something interesting under it.

"Destination to the Grand Line..." Zuko muttered.

Jet and Zuko glanced at each other, expressions set.

Jet did a slanted grin, hands atop his hilts of his two swords.

"Guess we're finally on the same wavelength."

"Hmph." Zuko answered, but his lips were slightly up in victory as well.

"Well, somewhat." Jet added with a roll of his eyes.

Merchant ships have seasons under them as well. Only makes sense you might already be in a different sea. You're of a different caliber after all.

In that, they both agree.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You landed on the odd island during nightfall. The island looking like a round brown ball from above as you going down towards it in your boat parachute. It looked suspicious. But you needed to rest and it had a small stream going through it.  You didn't get a chance to do a full wash back in Little Garden besides the important areas, so you really need to now.

Afterwards, you rested on the island underneath the sole tree that was there and woke up with a startled curse due to a dream. You shook your head, rubbing your face and moving on to your boat to get to the next island as quickly as possible.

Your mind on autopilot, resolute to find Dracule Mihawk's island already. Nothing has looked familiar thus far so you'll keep moving through islands until it looks like where you were when the Sea King launched you. You spotted two or three islands as you were in the air despite your hysterical laughter and screaming. You have confidence you can recognize them.

Now to get there. That's the problem...

Moving on from that, it only took you a few hours to reach the next island at a port, now early morning based on the sun's position. You placed your boat off to the side in the smallest deck you can find, already starting to feel your skin heated from the sun bearing down. 

You released a huff of air, wiping a bead of sweat going down your temple as you finished tying it up. You took a look around.

The porttown was already bustling. Many ships in every deck, you were lucky to find your tiny little one off to the side. Supplies moving to and fro from ships as well as from shops onto caravans with camels. The smell of different types of perfume wafting your nose as you walked through the small little shops, people brushing your body due to how large the crowd was.

Is it normally like this?

You glanced around, interest at the clothes everyone had as well as they seemed to have no trouble from the sun and how the sand only added to the dry heat. It was long sleeved coats it seemed, as well as a turban covering their head, rope woven in to encircle around. While others were more...scantily clad when it came to the women. Bras for tops and beads and see through fabric over their knotted skirts at the hip with bright colors, some even had see through fabric like a mask over their nose and mouth, only alluring eyes being shown. Them seeming to be dancers.

You met one's eyes, her spotting your marine hat before winking at you salaciously.

Your eyes widened as you flushed slightly at the look, quickly turning away and walking faster to a supply shop.

There must be a red light district area around here too. So not just dancers then. People always seem to have a thing for marines like Hina said before.

Before you could even think back at last seeing your friend, you heard a giggle behind you. You ignored it. You don't go that way anyways but the attention is always embarrassing!

You need to find a place to get a change of clothes so you can wash the ones you have properly. You were only able to put some water on it in the stream of the past island. And despite you using the oils you were given by the people of Karé, they can only do so much for your clothes. You need some grub as well. Perhaps they have some better maps around the Grand Line too. There seriously needs to be someone that can draw more maps. Cause this is so annoying!

After a quick stop at a bar for a snack and drink, you moved towards the stalls where there seemed to be supplies. Looking around to see what you need and find some clothes. You'll properly eat a meal later.

"Come on, gentlemen! This is an extraordinary find! You can only find this here!"

"I...I don't know. This doesn't seem real. A golden apple?"

You passed the customer and the stall owner of said golden apples, focusing on the long sleeved garb that you've now found out is called a thawb. But maybe you should change your pants...the black pants is stifling in this heat. And their harem pants look light and airy enough. Ah, but what about your boots?

"My, my, sir! How about this, I'll give it to you half off of the original price. How does five million beli sound?"

Your eyes darted at the price.

Five million?! For what?!

The humble clothed customer, who had the appearance of a goat with his long face and some of his gray hair covering his bespectacled eyes along with two parts of it appeared like horns, just looked a mix of uneasy and doubtful more than shock at the price. Hand to his curled and long goatee bearded chin in thought.

"Ah...but does this really give immortality?" Your eyes narrowed behind your cap at that. "And I have to get one for my fiancé too...so the price doesn't really matter if it'll end up the same as the original price. I won't save. And ahhh," The goat appearing customer put his hands to his goat horned hair, heavy concern palpable. "What about if we have kids? I don't want to outlive our children...!"

The stall owner grinned greedily, pulling out an extra three "golden" apples from under his table.

"Why~, you can just pay for them ahead of time~. How many children you think you'll have?"

The customer blushes under his straight gray bangs.

"I-I-well, I—I don't—we haven't really talked about how many. I mean—" He waved his hands in front of him frantically, anxiety rising. "W-we've talked about children but the number—I—I need to talk to my fiancé really about all of this—"

"You don't have to," the owner said slyly, leaning against the table casually. "You have to take the lead if you're going to be her husband. Besides...you don't want her to die, do you?"

The customer's head darted up, his bangs moving and you spotted his wide gray eyes.

"I...I—"

You slammed a hand to the stall, leaning over the owner with eyes shadowed.

"That's enough," you commanded, the owner's breath hitching but frozen in his leaned over position due to your cold anger. You turned your head at the customer, his eyes widening in recognition at your hat.

"A marine...?"

The owner sputtered, paling as he shrunk back.

"A marine?!"

You sent the customer a comforting quirk of the lips before you straightened, jutting a thumb at the owner.

"He's lying to ya, mister. Don't listen to him. There's no such thing as immortal apples."

"What...? But he said...!"

You shook your head, glancing at the owner with disgust.

"He tricked you. And tried to use your loved ones to get what he wanted too." You leaned your upper half over the table separating you and the backpedaling owner who fell back, his back to the wall of his stall. Your buster sword glinting in the sun behind you in clear threat. The owner swallowed dryly. "Pretty messed up thing to do. Using your clear concern and love for your fiancée, even your future kids...just to make an extra buck."

"H-Hey! It's not just an extra buck!" The owner defended loudly. "I would've made a lot of money! Wouldn't you do anything for that amount?!"

You frowned heavily, eyes flashing coldly and sharp. The owner choked and practically hid his head in his shirt.

"I've never cared about money." You stated harshly, your stifling presence suffocating the owner and making him lie down against the floor, as if showing his stomach in submission would make you stop. "Money has no importance to me. It does nothing except fill an empty room."

The customer blinked behind you at your knowing tone.

She sounds like that is something she has seen, The older man stopped his fidgeting and straightened in attention before putting a hand to your shoulder. A shakily smiling and eyes meant to say it's alright if his bangs weren't in the way when you turned your head towards him.

"It's okay, Miss..."

"You can just call me (Y/N)."

"Miss (Y/N)."

"Just (Y/N)," you repeated.

The kind goat looking man smiled wryly.

"Right. It's okay. Just report to others his trickery and I'm sure everything will be handled. Nothing
else more extreme is necessary."

Your brows rose.

"You sure?" You motioned your head at the cowering owner on the floor. "I can punch his lights out for ya, mister. Used to squashing bugs."

The owner squeaked.

The customer shook his head, his smile looking anxious but he kept his hand on your shoulder.

"Call me Gota. I'm not too old, you know! I'm 36!"

"Oh. Okay...?" You won't point out his gray hair. You glance down at the owner, who was quickly putting his apples and other supplies in a knapsack only to drop it at your critical (e/c) gaze underneath your MARINE cap. "Scram." The owner bounced up and disappeared towards the back as if he was never there. You turned, eyes and demeanor casual as if nothing occurred, a hand to a hip and the other motioned ahead. "Come on, Gota. I think we should find your fiancée if you're falling for this type of bull." You snorted, laughing. "You're a little air headed, huh?"

Gota sweatdropped at the switch, as well as flushed in embarrassment.

How deadly! Gota walked beside you despite that, you seeming to prattle on with hands behind your head about it's busy over here and he should really not fall for stuff like that. He relaxed as you went on, looking interested at some stalls they passed and asking him some questions about them with him explaining. Giving his own advise that you should buy your own desert ready clothes and the best would be in Nanohana outside of the capital Alburna. You just shrugging it off and replying you'll get it once you know he's not gonna fall for something like that again. You laughed at his flushed expression and he couldn't find himself to be too angry. You're kind too. I should make a donation to the marines. I wonder what unit you're in...

After a few moments, he stopped in the middle of a less crowded area. You taking note of it after a few steps, throwing a befuddled look his way. He wrung his pale hands in front of him.

"I...can I confess something to you, Miss—I mean (Y/N)?" At your silent nod, he released a breath of relief. And everything just came out. "I...I don't think I deserve my future wife. Anastasia...She's just...she's just so beautiful and when she laughs, it is as if she is the sun, the moon and the stars itself. Bright and gleaming but not too harsh—although she can be if needed. But also...soft... She's beautiful and cute even without laughing and when she pouts and I—just—" He doesn't why he's even telling you this. He laughs pathetically, hand covering his face. "I'm just...scared if I deserve her...I-I don't know if it's cold feet...or, or just nerves because it's so close but...!" He felt his throat tighten, his eyes watery and hot. "I just...want her to be happy...! And I know she loves it when I make my goat face but...!"

"Wait." He looked up, tears frozen at his face as he looked at your neutral expression, your hand up. "Your what face?"

He blinked in confusion.

"My goat face. I-I make an expression that looks like a goat and sound like one to make her laugh."

You stare blankly. At the long faced man with parted gray hair with the appearance of two horns on each side, his bearded chin that all goats seem to have. The epitome of a goatee.

"Isn't that your normal face?"

A beat.

Gota laughed out of surprise, clearing his tears.

"I—what? You're pretty blunt!"

You appeared triumphant before walking and putting a hand to his shoulder, giving a comforting squeeze.

"With how you sound, I think Anastasia is actually pretty lucky. Whoever she is." Gota's lips parted, meeting your honest expression. You released him as you sighed loudly, putting your hands behind your head, eyes to the sky. "Man. You blabbering all those compliments would make anyone jealous they don't have that. And you're already thinking about future kids?" You threw him a mixed look of encouragement and envy. "You're gonna be amazing, Gota."

His gray eyes widened, touched.

"I...thank you...I—" He stood straighter, expression set. "I feel braver. I needed that."

Gota checked his watch and his eyes popped out.

"A-Ah! I have to go! I'm going to be late to the play in Kataorea!" He started running clumsily, saying sorry to the person he bumped shoulders with and gave you a wave. "T-Thank you, (Y/N)!"

You laughed, cupping your mouth.

"You're welcome, ya dork!" You turned to go find a proper supply store or stall.

Gota, as he was running, thought back to what he was going to do in thanks for you.

Ah! I'll just ask at a nearby base later about her! I'll make sure they get a large donation from me! I should really change to my formal clothes too! I'm so late!

And so, Gota the visiting noble from the Roshwan Kingdom, continued his run to meet up with his fiancée.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You continued walking around, checking every possible store with a glance before you commit to one based on prices and the quality. Although you're bad about that, you have a good enough eye you think if something is cheap. Maybe you should try to find that greedy store owner...but meh. Hopefully he'll stop from your threat alone. You really should move along to try to find a map and get back out to find the World's Greatest Swordsman island.

"Hah...I really need to wash my clothes too... but priorities!"

An alarm rung. The sound hurting your ears before an announcement was made in a small speakerphone, sounding far away despite you being able to spot it, the sand clogging it.

"EMERGENCY!! HOSTAGE SITUATION IN KATOREA!" Gasps were heard in the crowd, startled shouts rising. Your eyes widened. What? "EMERGENCY!! AMPHITHEATER HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY..." The announcer took a deep breath, clear panic in his voice, cracking. "PIRATES!!!!"

Pirates? Your mind rang a mile a minute, the image of Gato's relieved smile flashing in your eyes before running to catch a play. Katorea? They mentioned an amphitheater. Don't tell me...!

You grabbed a random citizen by the shoulder, stopping them from packing their stall.

"Hey, how far away is Katorea from here?"

"Wh—oh! You're a marine!" They relaxed before pointing at a direction. "It's about twenty miles over there! Can you call backup to help protect pirates from coming over here? We're pretty close to it after all." So that's why they're packing, you gathered.

"Don't worry. I'll handle it," you say, moving to run, Kuroi ten'nosabaki glinting at your back along with Karasu at your hip.

"Wait!" You stop, turning around only for another citizen to be giving you a long lashed saddled camel who looked he was in the middle of eating an apple. "Here! You'll reach there faster with him. He'll be perfect for you since he prefers women riding him for some reason—I-I-I mean—" the citizen flushed but you only rose a brow at the camel who was looking at you intently. Why only girls? "I didn't mean anything by it! Just here!"

"Er. Okay. Thanks."

After the citizen explained that the camel knows where to go and you don't have to know how to steer him, off you went in a gallop.

Sun bearing down on you with sand dust being kicked in the air and sweat gathering. Thankfully your hat is helping with protecting your scalp but gah!

"Hahh...should I take my long sleeve off...?"

The camel's head turned 180 degrees, still galloping along, eyes wide in interest.

"Blehhh~!"

"...why do you look like that when I said that?"

The camel only stared. Intently. As it kept galloping forward.

Your eyes narrowed in suspicion. With one hand letting go of the reins, you moved to unbutton your top, starting with the first.

The camel pointedly did not blink. Only seemed to lean further.

Smack!

"WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT, PERVY CAMEL?!" You shouted, teeth sharp.

"Beh!" The camel cried out, a lump on his head as he focused back up front in misery.

You sigh heavily, before continuing to unbutton your top to get some air in although your black tank top below your long sleeve is stopping from any sort of stray cool wind to go to your heated skin. You'll just leave the long sleeve on for now. You'll take it off later when you're out of the desert and have helped Gota.

You soon spotted Katorea, the sun baked clay buildings with murals of desert flowers and scenery as well as tapestries seen even in the distance. You can even smell the perfume from where you were, different scents from floral to aromatic to smoky to sweet to cool. As you got closer it made you sneeze. You also noticed that the streets were scarce as you galloped, until you went more towards the center of town, passing by citizens who looked frightened and whispering to themselves. Their eyes widening when they spotted you and your hat, hope gathering in their eyes as you passed them, your back to them as you rushed with a concentrated look on your face.

"A marine...! We're definitely going to be saved now!"

You couldn't hear anymore when you passed, but you're just glad news somehow didn't reach here yet. At least to some. You spotted others gazes that looked at you in suspicion and thought when they glanced at your buster sword on your back. But as long as they think you're still a marine, it can work in your favor. You spotted the amphitheater, perhaps the largest building in Katorea. Made from sun baked clay as well along with stone, with earthy tones to compliment the desert around you. You noticed there were what seemed to be guards that looked both Alabastan but also a mix of another noble's.

Perhaps a visiting noble from another island is here?

You stopped the camel, getting off of it due to the crowd of people ahead seeming anxious and afraid. You sneakily grabbed a stray apple from a merchant stand and gave it to the camel. The camel being surprised by the reward and glancing at you.

You rose a brow at him.

"What? Pervy animals need to eat too."

The camel's eyes widened before looking watery before munching on the apple happily, bumping his head against the side of yours after he was done. You pet his head with a roll of your eyes before separating. Trying to spot said pirates but you guess all of them must be in the amphitheater. It is hard to see now that you're not on top of the camel. The crowds of people with anxious curiosity aren't helping either. Not listening to the guards that they should go to their homes to be safe until it's dealt with. One particular one was pleading with a guard before glancing helplessly through the crowd and spotting you as you observed the scene, gray eyes widening.

Citizens never listen to sound advise, you scratch the back of your head, eyes skimming the crowd as well as the building to see if there's any other entrance besides the main one and just scaling the building and entering through the top. Hostage situations are always tricky. I shouldn't have left that man's side.

"Miss—I-I mean— (Y/N)-san! You're here!" Gota, the man you were here to rescue came running up to you with foreign guards behind him, looking relieved despite his red eyes. "I-I knew you would come! You can't help but help people, (Y/N)-san. And I...I'm sorry to say...I—I—" Gota's eyes shined, looking pitiful. "I—really need your help once more, (Y/N)-san."

You blink. Before poking his forehead, hard. So hard, it made him almost tip over. The guards bristled and go towards you but you didn't pay any mind as you stared from your finger to Gota.

"Huh. So you're not the one needing saving. I was sure it would be."

Gota, who stopped the guards and was rubbing his red forehead, stopped. With the way he was looking so downhearted at your words, you would think you killed his puppy.

"Y-You thought it was m-me? (Y/N)-san—"

"Just (Y/N)."

"—really must think low of me," Gota laughed half heartedly.

You give him a quick smile with a hand on your hip.

"Nah. Just someone who suffers from others cruelty due to how nice you are, dork."

The guards almost had a heart attack.

"Dork?!"

"Lord Gota, we must teach this lowly marine a lesson!" The guards lifted their spears once more towards you, you not reacting at all.

"Calm yourselves," Gota commanded, which you took note of. You didn't think he had it in him. Wait. They called him Lord? Gota turned towards you beseechingly. "Don't mind them, (Y/N)-san. But no, it's not me. I-It's..." Gota stopped, biting his lip before hiding his reddened gray eyes with a bowed head and a hand to his face. "It's...my fiancé...Anastasia. Who I was supposed to meet. I...I—we should've came together...King Beer...how will I face him now? I...I w-was supposed to p-protect her..."

Your brows met your hairline.

King Beer?! So Gota's really a noble. You stared as Gota put himself down, blaming himself when he had no way of knowing pirates would come.  Either way, doesn't matter.

Gota felt a hand on his shoulder, making him look up from his hand and onto your confident yet sympathetic expression. Even with your touch on his shoulder, he feels all he needs to do is rely on you.

"Don't worry, Gota. You had no way of knowing what will happen. How will you live life if you worry constantly about what may happen when you're apart from someone you care about? Besides," you gave his shoulder a squeeze, your smile turning to a haughty grin as you jutted your thumb to your chest. "I'm here now. She needs to see your goat face, right?"

Gota's lips parted, eyes widening, touched.

What, Gota thought. Your expression not changing even if he let out a choked sob, hiding his bearded face with his arm, a kind marine.

The guards looked at each other before one relented as you poked Gota's forehead again and told him to relax, while also calling him a dork and you'll go now to see what the pirates are asking for to return Anastasia.

"It is not only Lady Anastasia." The guard continued once he had your attention, you stepping away from Gota. "Other nobles and guests that were in the amphitheater are being kept there as well. They are all along the shaded creviced rooms high above the steps of the amphitheater, able to look over the whole stage and down below."

"Hmmm," you had a hand to your chin in thought. "So like in opera theaters? Or opera houses?"

"Yes, a theater box." The guard answered as Gota tried to collect himself, the other guard handing him a handkerchief dutifully that Gota took with a grateful smile that didn't reach his eyes. "They were put in due to how many nobles and foreigners come to see the plays, since we are not used to the heat and the sun even with the proper garb on. King Cobra makes sure he maintains foreign relations even with simple things like that."

Bleh. Politics. You're done dealing trying to discern whether a noble does something kindly with no political advantage or it was to be seen as just or fair but truly it is only a mask. Still. It is a nice and simple thing to do.

"Is it only hostages within the theater boxes than?" You questioned, needing information to form a makeshift plan. The guard nodding but adding that Lady Anastasia and the pirate captain are the only outliers for they are by the main stage in the center. "Is there other entrances to it besides simply going up the amphitheater stairs where someone can be clearly seen? Like perhaps two different side entrances after you enter the main entrance and stairs underneath to go within the theater boxes?"

"A hidden entrance mainly for the theater boxes?" You nodded at his summarization but the guard shook his head, frustrated. "Sadly no. That would make things easier. Although even if it did, there will be pirates guarding it as well. But I feel we should wait for the original party that came to assist."

"Original party?" You flapped a hand uncaringly, turning back towards the direction of the amphitheater. "There's no need to trouble anyone, I can handle—Oof!"

Right when you turned, your face met a body, your hat twisting up from your head at the immovable force of...a leg?

You put a hand to your face, rubbing it before tipping your head back and on the verge of an apology before you stopped.

Silver almost reptilian calculative narrowed eyes met wide (e/c) eyes.

You and Sir Crocodile stared.

Ah. Right, you shockingly deadpan internally. Alabasta.

.

.

.

**Kamisori: literally meaning "Razor": A combination of Geppo and Soryu, where one uses Soryu in a zigzag motion in midair, allowing extremely fast movements in three dimensions. Other CP9 agents have also shown to use this technique or a similar one allowing them to move through the air at great speed. Can be used for Kamisori to cut through enemies while utilizing its high-speed movements.

**Tekkai: Iron Body. Defense technique taught by the marines where your body turns hard like iron.

**Soryu: Shave. Where you can move in an instant flash in a burst of high speed. Taught and learned normally by marines.

**Geppo: Moon Walk. A move where it appears you're jumping in midair, when it's just the strength of your legs moving quickly and touching the ground that keeps you upright. You often used this when you're on your small boat so you can go faster on sea. Taught and learned normally by marines.

**Doskoi Panda: The Doskoi Panda franchise deals in extremely high-end products, charging over  Beli.png 10,000 for a single T-shirt.[1] Though its primary focus appears to be fashion, its label has appeared on everything from tableware to toys.[2] It is especially prevalent throughout the East Blue, with its flagship sited on Mirrorball Island.[1] However, its products and reputation have spread as far into the Grand Line as Fish-Man Island.[3] Inevitably, this has resulted in many knockoff brands such as Dosko1 Panda and Cyberpanda (the latter, curiously, selling for even higher prices than genuine Doskoi Panda products).[4]

**Raiona: Māori meaning—Lion

**Kokiri: Māori meaning—Boar

** Roshwan Kingdom: is a nation in the South Blue,[2] ruled by King Beer VI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...ahahaha... I have nothing to say except I'm always tired from my new nursing job and it sucks. 😭

Moving on!

Don't be too mad at Hina guys. Remember, everyone's point of view is different and no one really knows what happened to Silver Blood due to the secrecy of both Spandine and his son Spandam as well as Cipher Pol in general. They only know what they hear and read. Which is all happening right now. And think about it. Won't you feel betrayed if one of your best friends was on the "bad guys" side? Especially since they always said they would never be one.

But Silver Blood is having a tough time. And the way the voice in her head talks does sound bloodthirsty like, Lucci, huh? 🧐

I love CP9 and you can pry their banter and close relationship even though they deny everything that they may be friends, even family, from my cold dead hands.

Also, rumors are a hard thing to control. No matter how hard Lucci seemed to be cruel, anyone could see Silver Blood and Lucci spent a lot of time together. Needlessly outside his mission to observe and watch her too. I felt like I had to touch on that and the repercussions of it towards him and CP9.

And I figured Zoan's, even if they're not in their form, are naturally more sensitive to certain things like an animal is compared to a normal human. So sucks for anyone who just had a recent lay or on their period 💀 They always know.

And I figured since it's the 1500s in the One Piece universe, and I noticed how men react to the young woman of One Piece due to that time period( Vivi is 16 Pre-Timeskip, Princess Shirahoshi is 16, Rebecca 16), and just how young people were married in that time period, as well as taking into account the age of consent in certain places—AND just how lenient and disgusting the World Government can be—the age of consent of One Piece is either 14 or 15. Nasty I know. But I'm trying to be historically accurate and just making inferences based on how messed up the One Piece world truly is. So yeah. That other agent was disgusting.

I wanted Silver Blood to meet more canon characters, and someone to help her get out of the rut she's in. So Brogy it was! But woah, Silver Blood did quite a reach there with Brogy's words huh? Don't know how what he said means fake it till you make it, but Silver Blood's mind is an odd one. You gotta be careful with what you say to her. She may take it differently. Depressed/PTSD SB is not a fun SB 😔. But hey! She has layers! Like an onion!

I like Jet and Zuko together. They're hilarious.

Also Mihawk gets bored easily. But good for SB that he does since that's why he accepted. Along other reasons.

Yes, the island she landed on was Nanimonoi Island. The island that Robin tried to give the Eternal Pose to the Straw Hats originally that can than have them go straight for Alabasta. The island was created due to the large goldfish seen in the exit of Little Garden that the Straw Hats had to take. So...it's poop. SB landed on an island of feces. No. She doesn't know. She wouldn't have taken a bird bath I think if she did.

Silver Blood is forgetful. And she can't help but to stop and help others who are being wronged. Also, she's forgetful. Or just too tunnel visioned(is that a word?) when she's focused on something.(landing to get supplies and move on to Mihawk's island, helping Gota, going towards Katorea thinking she needs to save Gota, to figuring out a plan to save his fiancé). Really should've remembered that the only desert island in the Grand Line called Alabasta is the base of Crocodile.

But hey! Second meetings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTES~

Main Pairings
Shanks: 198
Mihawk: 180
Crocodile:74
Doflamingo: 74
Smoker: 86
Lucci: 73

Side Pairings
Kaku: 18
Paulie: 8
Buggy: 14

Oh my~ A tie between the Croc and the Mingo? With the Leopard being quite close too~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FANART CORNER

Honestly, I don't remember anymore which ones I've posted and I haven't 🥲Something happened to my phone and the markings I have on the arts I've already posted, well on some of them are gone. So now I'm confused.

Sorry if there's any repeats. But I think we're almost done with all the fanart.

Woah. It only took a few years.

By: @the Nephalam artist on Discord

By: @Jo_h3e on Discord

(It's crazy witnessing your art skill journey throughout the years. Thank you for all the art and memes you've done for they always made me laugh and touch my heart.)

By: @angrykorean93 on Discord

💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 17K 48
I TAKE IT BACK!! PLEASE! I just wanted a nice and exciting afterlife and I 'almost' got what I wanted. Except the part the fucked everything up. God...
7.8K 232 13
(Maybe a little bit of Crocodile x Reader) (Also A little DoffyXReader) "Oneesan.. A lot of people talk bad about dad.." Ace said to you (Older Siste...
5.2K 121 18
Pairing : One piece men various (Uke) Male reader (Seme) ★。/|\。★ Amidst the scorching hot fire spreading and stretching on the island eating everyt...
107K 3.5K 80
[ Reincarnated ff] " One Piece ? Seems like i have heard that words before ?" Cha y/n who had an accident is now reincarnated to a world of an anime...