Boulevard Dreamer (Ryden)

By MrBrightsidesWitch

Just outside of Phoenix, Arizona, Brendon Urie's mild-mannered alter ego is simply himself. A 25-year-old hai... More

-one-
-two-
-three-
-four-
-five-
-six-
-seven-
-eight-
-nine-
-ten-
-eleven-
-twelve-
-thirteen-
-fourteen-
-fifteen-
-sixteen-
-seventeen-
-eighteen-
-nineteen-
-twenty-
-twenty~one-
-twenty~two-
-twenty~three-
-twenty~four-
-twenty~five-
-twenty~six-
-twenty~seven-
-twenty~eight-
-twenty~nine~
-thirty-
-thirty~one-
-thirty~two-
-thirty~three-
-thirty~four-
-thirty~five-
-thirty~six-
-thirty~seven-
-thirty~eight-
-thirty~nine-
-forty-
-forty~one-
-forty~two-
-forty~three-
-forty~four-
-forty~five-
-forty~six-
-forty~seven-
-forty~eight-
-forty~nine-
-fifty-
-fifty~one-
-fifty~two-
-fifty~three-
-fifty~four-
-fifty~five-
-fifty~six-
-fifty~seven-
-fifty~eight~
-fifty~nine-
-sixty-
-sixty~one-
-sixty~two-
-sixty~three-
-sixty~four-
-sixty~five-
-sixty~six-
-sixty~seven-
-sixty~eight-
-sixty~nine-
-seventy-
-seventy and a half-
-seventy~one-
-seventy~two-
-seventy~three-
-seventy~four-
-seventy~five-
-seventy~six-
-seventy~seven-
-seventy~eight-
-seventy~nine-
/eighty/
-eighty-
-eighty~one-
-eighty~two-
-eighty~three-
-eighty~four-
-eighty~five-
-eighty~six-
-eighty~seven-
-eighty-eight-
-eighty~nine-
-ninety-
-ninety~one-
-ninety~two-
-ninety~three-
-ninety~four-
-ninety~five-
-ninety~six-
-ninety~seven-
~ninety-eight~
-ninety~nine-
-one hundred and a half-

-one hundred-

154 11 23
By MrBrightsidesWitch

"How do you feel?"

"I feel okay."

What a weird question. 'How do you feel?' Am I supposed to feel a certain way? I feel fine. Is there.. some other answer I'm supposed to have? Some other answer he was expecting?

"Do you feel like a different person than you were before?"

"I still love you, if that's what you mean."

I try to laugh it off, but he's smart, so of course he knows something's up.

He cups my face in his hand, smiling softly, and I lean into it, "I know we're the strangest pair of people, but we've gotta communicate like all the normals or we'll never get anywhere."

"I know, I just don't know if the way I'm feeling has.. a word." I'm happy, I'm beyond happy.

So many things just happened in the last couple hours and all of it has been unbelievable.

So it's extra hard to find words to describe how I feel.

"Well, let's recount the events that've taken place today. Tyler finally asked out that guy, Josh. Though, I guess we all kind of saw that one coming," A smile starts creeping onto his face and I can't help smiling back, "Elizabeth and her little coven masquerading as a book club invited us to a tea party on Saturday that will consist entirely of Long Island iced tea. A good time if I've ever heard of one." He's not wrong. Although, we'll probably have to invest in some What To Do at a Witch Tea Party books because I have no idea what the etiquette is, "And, hm..." As if he has to think about the two most important things that have happened today, "What else?" Gee, I wonder. "Oh! That's right. Pete bought your salon back in exchange for you signing on to his label so you can be the next Hannah Montana and get the best of both worlds. Does that sound amazing to you or am I alone on this one, dear?"

"Yeah, yeah." I chuckle and tackle Ryan onto the bed while we burst into giggles, "You suck."

"And yet, for whatever reason, you love me."

Again, he's not wrong.

"That's very true," I give him a quick peck on the lips before I roll off of him and stars up at the ceiling, grinning from ear to ear. "It's just... insane, y'know? My life turned around so quickly," He sneaks his fingers in between mine, "All because of you."

"Well, not all because of me," Ryan glances over at the nightstand where my phone is constantly blinking while it's charging, "I'm most certainly not the sole reason why your phone is blowing up."

I sigh contently as I sit up and he rolls over to unplug the phone and hand it to me, "Let's see.. Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr," For whatever reason, I never deleted it after 2007, but it has come in handy since then so... I stand by my decision to keep it, "I haven't even told people yet! Oh, wait, Pete tweeted about it. That makes sense."

"Speaking of Pete, should we go help Elizabeth with the muffins she's making for the thank you basket?" She's making a muffin basket? That's- That's pretty on par for her, honestly. She could probably open up a pastry shop if she wanted to. And it's Phoenix so people would totally love it!

"We should, yeah, but we've got one more thing to do, don't you think?" I'm trying to hide my smile as Ryan sit up and cocks an eyebrow at me, "Oh, come on," I playfully nudge his shoulder, "You know."

"Honey, trust me, I'm clueless and you know how rare that is for me," I cannot tell if he's being sarcastic or not. I love my curly-haired crooner more than anyone else in the entire world, but if anyone is all-knowing in this house, it is the kitchen witch and no one else, "Let me into that beautiful mind of yours?"

"Well.. It's totally up to you, but do you think we should tell people?" Everyone already loves him and I think he feels comfortable being with me and having a little spotlight of his own, but I completely understand because I know how private he can be and I would hate for him to feel overwhelmed and-

"Let's do it."

Really?

"Really? You're cool with it?" I take his hand in mine and squeeze, "Babe, we don't have to."

"Honey, I have a fan club. People already think we're married with three dogs and plus," He kisses the top of my hand, "I'd love to able to support the most gorgeous man in the world publicly and in any way I can. Might as well settle some rumors along the way, don't you think?"

"Only if you're ready," I smile at him like he's the only face I want to see for the rest of my life. And, y'know what? That's true.

Oh. My phone's ringing.

Wow. I sound like a Wonder Pet.

"Might want to get that, love," Ryan chuckles as he holds my phone in front of my face and shakes it, "It's your fairy godfather, Cinderella."

I wonder what Pete wants...?

"Hello?" I ask curiously, but it honestly came out with a bit of fear. I am a little scared, I guess. Depends on what news he has.

"Hey, Brendon!" He sounds excited, so.. Good news? "Is Ryan around?"

"Yeah.." Ryan picks up on my semi-suspicious tone and rests his head on my shoulder, probably to listen it, "You have his number, don't you?" His head pops up when he realises we're talking about him and he wears a curious look that makes mine.

"He's right next to you, isn't he?" He's chuckling like he has some sort of evil plot in mind. The fear has returned, "Don't put me on speaker just yet, okay?"

"Okay... Pete, what's happening and should I go get the responsible adult in the house?" Z. Obviously Z. I really shouldn't interrupt her baking, but I'm scared and she could slay a dragon with one cross look.

"Nah," He snickers, "I'm sure you guys will tell her as soon as you find out."

Oh my god, what? What are supposed to know? "What are we finding out?" There is absolutely no way in the world Ryan could be any closer to me than he is right now.

"Okay, give the phone to Ryan really quick?" What? I don't even get to hear it? Unfair.

"It's for you, Freddie," I smirk as I hand him the phone and he tentatively takes it with eyes the size of the moon.

"Thanks, Jim." He shoots me a suspicious glare as he puts the phone to his ear and greets Pete on the other line.

I watch him get up and start pacing around the room and I can almost feel the anxiety radiating off of him as he passes by me every couple seconds. I'm watching his face for any kind of clues, but he's stoic as stone as Pete's talking to him. All I'm getting from the situation is that Ryan would be excellent at poker. I have no idea how to play. Maybe he does. Maybe he'll teach me. Wow, we'll be a Lady Gaga song.

Wow, I am spiraling so hard.

Pete, for the sake of my sanity, can you explain any faster?

"Pete, I can't."

Wait, what?

"Pete, no, wait, please listen," Ryan sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, "I can't outshine him, okay? I can't do it. It's not my time and maybe it never will be and that's okay. I don't mind. But it is his time. It's his time to have all his dreams come true because he's earned it," He pauses for a sec, "No, I really haven't. I haven't done anything to do deserve recognition. I haven't held out hope my entire life for the chance to do what I love, I haven't been unbelievably kind to every single person who's come into my life, I haven't been the best person I've ever met in my life. Pete, I love him. So much. You know I do. I can't shut up about him every time I'm in the studio with you. I want to give him the world, but I can't. You can. I want you to do everything you can for him. Please. And I'm really sorry for turning you down again. Elizabeth's making your favourite muffins, so I'll tell her they're gratitude and apology muffins. Alright, bye."

Ryan...

"Call him back."

"Brendon, just let me-"

"No, Ryan," I practically leap up from the bed to face him, "If Pete offered you what I think he offered you, you have to take it."

"Honey..." He sighs and looks down at the floor, "I-I don't even want to sign with him. I'm okay."

"Ry, I was two feet away from you. I heard everything," I run my hand along his cheek and smile, albeit a bit sadly, "You are my dream. You are my lifelong dream. All I've ever really wanted in my life is someone who loves me. You are it. You are all I've ever wanted and you're all I'll ever need. And we're in this together, whether you like it, because you're not losing me and you never will. And we're partners. Which means I've gotta support your dreams, too, and darling, I know how much you wanna make music for people. Don't be afraid of what people will say. I know what they'll say. They'll say they love you, but guess what? I'll always love you more," He smiles and softly kisses me, bringing my face closer with his hand tucked under my chin, "Now call him back before I beat you to it."

"Yeah, that just seems to be inappropriate at this point."

Again I say, wait, what?

"Um," Looks like Ryan's in the same boat as I am, "Pete?" He taps the button on my screen that puts Pete on speaker and from what I'm hearing, Pete's on the verge of cackling.

"Present. I've been present the whole time. Currently looking up some cages for you two lovebirds."

Well. Today has officially gone from amazing to embarrassing. Still very amazing. But incredibly embarrassing.

"I suppose you want a straight answer now?" Ryan's trying so hard not to blush, it's kind of adorable. Okay, very adorable. I, on the other hand, am failing miserable.

"Straight as you can, please."

Ryan looks at me.

I look back and nod slowly.

He takes a deep breath.

He nods to himself.

He smirks slightly before answering, "Anyone have a pen?"

~

I DID IT.

IT'S DONE!

funnily enough, my dreams are coming true tomorrow lol (i officially start being a drum major and i'm in the varsity show choir!)

this is what dreeeeeeams are made of!

anywho! this was so fun!!

and a Q&A is coming soon!!

start stockpiling questions now for all the characters!

Brendon:

Ryan:

Dallon:

Z:

Tyler:

Hayley:

Pete:

Ryden stannies:

and as always, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH ME ON THIS ONE!!

I'M SO SORRY THE ENDING TOOK SO LONG!

SEE Y'ALL IN THE Q&A!

~RJ💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 184 30
Ryan Ross is a famous singer and Brendon Urie is his biggest fan. Fortunately for Brendon, they live in the same city, but LA is big. What happens...
34.1K 1.5K 51
Ever believe that superpowers are just for comic books and movies? So did he. Meet Brendon Urie; a 16 year old telekinetic freak. After moving to Ch...
71.4K 4.6K 31
Dallon Weekes hates flowers. He also coincidentally owns a flower shop, which will look great on his college application letters (which he's sent in...
1.7K 125 11
Ryan Ross is a world-famous film director. When he needs to hire a photographer to take pictures for his new movie, young wannabe photographer Brendo...