Queen; Shawn Mendes

Door ILLUMlNATE

"Does it really bother you so much that someone for once, doesn't bow down to you?" ... Meer

Character Visuals + Summary
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six

thirty-nine

3.1K 148 53
Door ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 39:
Birthday Bash

Ophelia

"Can you help me?" I asked Cate as she slipped on her heels.

My best friend nodded, "You know you could have chosen a more extra dress. It is your birthday."

"Yes, but simplicity is the best way to go when the party is already extra." I joked.

I had chosen a baby blue satin off the shoulder dress. It honestly looked like I was going to senior prom. Which unfortunately I didn't attend, so in a way I guess this makes up for it. It was so long because it had a small train attached to it.

To me this was pretty extra but apparently to Cate this was average. Clearly our ideas are completely different.

    "Okay are you almost done? Cause we need to make a grand entrance in about twenty minutes." Cate asked as she walked towards my bed and grabbed her clutch.

    I put the last pin in my hair before nodding. I spent the last three hours getting ready. Well with the help of Cate and her wanting me to look perfect. Seeing how perfect she wanted things for me made me realize I was going to go above and beyond for her.

    "I am ready." I told her with a smile.

    The venue Cate picked was a ten minute drive from my house. And it was extremely beautiful and extravagant. It was like we were at some crazy fashion event all celebrities attend.

   "Cate, this place. It's beautiful, you out did yourself." I told my best friend in complete aw as we got out of the car.

    She met me on the sidewalk and linked her arm with mine. We started walking up the steps towards the venue doors.

    "This was nothing." She said as if it was the easiest thing she's ever done.

    Lights and music seeped out of the glass doors. The security opened the doors for us allowing the music to come blaring out. I took a deep breath as we walked into the building. If I thought the outside looked crazy, the inside was even more.

    Giant balloons, Crystal chandeliers, about a hundred tables filled with people. Each table held a crystal vase full of pink roses. I couldn't tell if the place was a quince or a wedding, maybe a mixture of both and I was just turning 22.

"Ladies and Gentlemen the guest of honor, birthday girl Ophelia Andréa Ramirez!" The dj announced through the speakers as a spotlight shined on Cate and I.

    A huge amount of cheers and applause erupted. I smiled wide and laughed as I waved at everyone. Honestly I wasn't the best with being the center of attention. I watched as my parents sat at this long table, which I assumed is where I would be sitting as well. I swear it's like this is a wedding.

    We walked further in and towards the dance floor. As we passed by many tables I said hi to as many people as I could. Majority of the people here were friends from college and workers. We walked towards the table where my parents sat.

    "mi hija mira que hermosa te ves." My mother said as she hugged me.

    "Me? Look at you!" I said as I pulled away and looked at the stunning gold and black dress she wore.

    "Hi princess." My dad greeted me as he gave me a hug.

    "You two look amazing, I've never seen you two so dressed up!" I said quite loudly due to the music.

    My dad rolled his eyes but smiled, "Well we owe it to you."

    Hearing those words made me feel incredibly proud. I was finally able to give my parents anything they wanted. My life goal was to become someone, to be independent, to make my parents proud, and to give them back everything they couldn't have. But it hurt, hurt to know they couldn't have something as simple as a nice suit and dress until me.

    I shook the unhappy thought away and focused on the positive one. I nodded and smiled at them both, seeing them extremely happy. Part of me knew they wished they had been able to throw me a party as spectacular as this one. I could see it as they looked around the place. If I allowed myself to fall down this hole I'd end up crying.

    "I should make rounds saying hi to everyone." I told my parents before doing just that.

As I walked through the tables greeting guests I felt a stare. One all top familiar. One that made chills run up my spine, in a good way. My heart began to race and an even bigger smile started to creep on my face.

I looked up and seen him. He was slowly walking towards me, through the tables. He wore a light gray suit that looked extremely good on him. Much like most of his clothes do.

I placed my hands behind me as I walked towards him. He had this smile, his Prince Charming one. That's literally what he looked like, a prince.

"I heard you're the birthday girl." Was the first thing he said as we finally got to each other.

"What gave me away? Was it the dj or my dress?" I asked sarcastically.

He shrugged his shoulders, "You just remind me of this girl I met in Hawaii. We were celebrating her birthday early, coincidentally it was actually today too."

"Ah what a lucky girl, was she cute?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He placed his hands on his waist, "The cutest."

"I'd love to meet her." I said with a laugh.

"I think I can make that happen." Shawn told me as he leaned down to kiss me.

I met him halfway, impatient with how long it took him to kiss me. I didn't see shawn all day, he said he had things to take care of at work. Then something about wanting to be surprised to see what I was going to look like.

I pulled away remembering something, "I know we talked about needing time before meeting each other's parents. But it's kind of inevitable for you to not meet my parents today. Especially when they're here and there's a huge chance they will see us kissing."

"We could just not kiss if you don't want me to meet them yet." He offered.

I shook my head, "I don't have that much restraint."

Shawn laughed, "Me neither, especially not when you look as stunning as you do."

I rolled my eyes playfully but felt my face heat up. I took his hand in mine before guiding us towards the dance floor. I could feel my heart pounding as I led us to the table where my parents were.

"Ma, Pa this is my boyfriend Shawn. Shawn this is my mom and dad." I said all too quickly feeling extremely nervous.

My mother smiled big extremely excited to finally meet him. She's only been asking when she was for the past few Sunday's. My dad on the other hand looked serious as he is meeting his only daughter's first serious boyfriend.

    "Well it's about time!" My mother said a little too excited.

    Shawn laughed as he shook her hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you both. Ophelia talks about you both all the time. And now I could see where she gets her beauty from." Smooth talker.

    "Oh stop! Querida, you never said he was this handsome." My mom told me as she looked over at me.

    I felt my face flush from embarrassment, "Mom!"

    "Mr. Ramirez, it's a pleasure to meet you." Shawn said turning serious as he shook my fathers hand.

    "Likewise, so tell me Shawn what do you do?" My father asked already trying to interrogate him.

    I rolled my eyes, "Dad, it's my party. Can we save this for another time?" I asked really not wanting to sit here the whole time.

    "Well what are you doing for Thanksgiving shawn?" My mom asked him.

    Shawn looked from me and then to her, "So far no plans."

    "Great! We will hopefully be settled in our new house in Colorado by then. Why don't you and Lia go up for the week?" She asked hopeful that he will say yes.

    "I would love to spend thanksgiving with you all." He said cheerfully.

    "Okay I hate to break up this family moment. But you need to get on that dance floor and shake your ass!" Cate said as she came over towards us.

    I wanted to object against it but before I could she took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. I danced with Cate, a couple workers, and even my parents. After a couple songs I needed to stop to have a drink of water.

I then heard a familiar tune of one of my favorite songs. It was Mi Persona Favorita. I set down my glass of water on the table and turned to see Shawn walking over.

"Care to dance?" He asked.

Despite my feet killing me I nodded, "Of course."

I placed my hand in his and allowed him to lead me to the dance floor. He spun me around before placing a hand on my waist and the other holding my hand.

"Did you know this is one of my favorite songs?" I asked shawn.

He shook his head, "No, but Cate did find me and told me to ask you to dance before it began. I figured she'd put on some slow song."

I shook my head and smiled, seemed like something she'd do. I really didn't deserve my best friend.

"What would I do without her?" I asked with a laugh.

Shawn shrugged, "What would either of us do without her?"

I looked around as we danced to the song. My eyes landed on my parents who were dancing as well. My heart was filled with bliss. I then found Cate and Jess dancing, she noticed me staring and winked at me. I shook my head, she was truly something else.

As we continued to turn I noticed Max. He was at the bar drinking a beer. He wasn't looking at us, but at her. I could feel my heart hurt a little, he really liked my best friend. And she had no idea.

"There's probably only one thing I understand from this whole song." Shawn said causing me to turn my attention back to him.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"They're saying my favorite person right?" Shawn asked as he moved a loose curl that framed my face behind my ear.

I nodded, "Yeah, it's kind of the title of the song."

"Oh well, just wanted to tell you. You're one of my favorite people." He told me softly.

I looked into his eyes and could feel butterflies throughout my stomach. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him. I pulled away just a little, I could feel his breath on my lips. I looked into his eyes.

    "Tu eres una de mis personas favoritas en todo el mundo y no tienes idea de cuánto quiero decirte estas tres palabras pero tengo miedo que te asustaré, entonces no te voy a decir." I said knowing he wouldn't know anything I said besides the three words he just told me.

    The corners of his lips turned upwards, "First of all, when you talk in Spanish it's incredibly sexy. Second what did you just say?"

    I just shook my head, "Nothing important, just kiss me."

    He nodded, "Yes Ma'am."

    Shawn then leaned down and captured my lips once again. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

    This was truly the best birthday.

Authors Note//
This was cute hehe
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

142K 5.3K 34
"And if I have to I'll wait forever, say the word and I'll change my plans..." ••• Third Book to I Don't Even...
61.3K 1.3K 13
| COMPLETED | Skye McMahon's dad just lost his job and his girlfriend. She knows that her job at Boots wont pay their bills. All hope is lost for h...
192K 8.2K 35
"If you're by my side and we stumble in the dark I know we'd be alright..." ••• Two people completely differen...
106K 3.4K 34
It's so crazy how you could have everything you've ever dreamed of and then have it snatched from you in a matter of two minutes.. Yaminah Idigni kno...