The Vampire King βœ”

By theGhoulBoys_

"You belong to me now, I suggest you behave" the King said, his cold hands gripping my jaw. My eyes were for... More

β–  PROLOGUE β– 
β–  Cast List β– 
β–  COVER β– 
β–  ONE β– 
β–  TWO β– 
β–  THREE β– 
β–  FOUR β– 
β–  FIVE β– 
β–  SIX β– 
β–  SEVEN β– 
β–  EIGHT β– 
β–  NINE β– 
β–  TEN β– 
β–  ELEVEN β– 
β–  TWELVE β– 
β–  THIRTEEN β– 
β–  FOURTEEN β– 
β–  FIFTEEN β– 
β–  SIXTEEN β– 
β–  SEVENTEEN β– 
β–  EIGHTEEN β– 
β–  NINETEEN β– 
β–  TWENTY β– 
β–  TWENTY-ONE β– 
β–  TWENTY-TWO β– 
β–  TWENTY- THREE β– 
β–  TWENTY-FOUR β– 
β–  TWENTY-FIVE β– 
β–  TWENTY-SIX β– 
β–  TWENTY-SEVEN β– 
β–  TWENTY-EIGHT β– 
β–  TWENTY-NINE β– 
β–  THIRTY β– 
β–  THIRTY- ONE β– 
β–  THIRTY- TWO β– 
β–  THIRTY- THREE β– 
β–  THIRTY-FOUR β– 
β–  THIRTY- FIVE β– 
β–  THIRTY- SIX β– 
β–  THIRTY- EIGHT β– 
β–  THIRTY- NINE β– 
β–  FOURTY β– 
β–  FOURTY- ONE β– 
β–  FOURTY- TWO β– 
β–  FOURTY- THREE β– 
β–  EPILOGUE β– 
β–  EPILOGUE β– 
β–  FINAL A/N β– 
TURNING PAGES

β–  THIRTY- SEVEN β– 

26.9K 1K 64
By theGhoulBoys_

■ THIRTY-SEVEN ■

As I was about to reply, a growl ripped through the air. Richard pushed me back as a wolf sailed between the three of us. I fell to the ground before rolling back and settling into a superhero stance.

"I'm so fucking done with wolves!" Richard yelled before kicking his leg out and kicking the wolf like a football as it lunged at us again.

I watched with wide eyes, as the wolf sailed through the air before landing with a massive yelp and scampering off.

"Come at me, you bloody beasts! I love a good game of footy!" Richard yelled before glaring around.

Mekhi was looking at his Vampire son like he was crazy bending turning to look at me and giving me a hand up. "Are you okay?" He asked, cupping my cheek.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Richard pretend puke before turning away. "I'm okay," I replied.

I turned to Richard. "Thanks" I said, giving him a smile.

"Anything for you," he replied before tipping his imaginary hat.

I rolled my eyes before Mekhi brought the conversation back on course. "How far is it to your safe house?" Mekhi asked, as I sighed.

I was sorta glad that we'd skipped over the whole marriage thing, I wanted to say yes but my heart and mind were just conflicted. I wanted time to think about it.

"Not far, but it will be a dangerous road, it's near the east valley," Richard said shrugging.

"Are you insane? I'm not taking my newly turned girlfriend through east valley!" Mekhi half snarled.

"Oh toughen up, princess" Richard said, giving his father a look.

"What's east valley?" I asked, confused.

"It's a club, dedicated to those addicted to vampire venom, it's like a vanpire donation center but instead of being paid with money, you get paid by getting that high feeling when a vamp bite ya," Richard said, looking bored 

"Why's the bad for me?" I asked, looking between the two men.

"Addicts can smell a new vampire from a mile away, the addicts are usually the ones that receive bites more than five times a day and fledgling vampires have a powerful bite," Mekhi spoke up.

"Oh" I said.

"I mean, I have to learn how to control myself as some point," I added, looking at Mekhi.

He sighed. "Even the most ancient of vampires have a hard time saying no to addicts, they get blood for free," He said, opening his eyes and watching me carefully.

"Have you.. ever, you know, been with an addict?" I asked, uncomfortable with asking but wanting to know.

Richard sniggered before walking away.

Mekhi sighed again. "I have, I did it once while I was with Zurie in Paris, it's a.. it's a time I'd rather forget" he said simply.

"I can handle myself and besides, I'll have you and Richard to pull me back if things go wrong," I said gently, taking his hand.

"Okay," he said before frowning.

"I love you," he added quickly.

"I love you too, my Lord" I teased.

"That's a conversation for another time and yes, I am still waiting for your answer, Miss Wright" he said, before giving me a pointed look.

I blushed before he squeezed my hand and turned to his son. "Lead the way," Mekhi said calmly.

Richard nodded and began walking away. Mekhi  and I followed him. My new senses picked up on things a human body could not fathom. I heard a phone conversation quite clearly as if he were speaking to me rather into the mobile device, sixty yards away.

I could hear traffic and conversations about art in a museum that was on the other side of Italy, I could see small raindrops fall from the sky and crash onto the ground like a HD TV.

Smells of fresh bread and pasta filled my nose as I took it in, as I breathed in Italy. Every human that walked past me, I could feel their heart beat and could see the sweat from the humidity on their foreheads.

Than a coppery smell filled my nose and made me stop cold. A sudden hunger took over me and Mekhi glanced at him. "Hold your breath if you have to," he said, understanding what I was smelling.

Vampires didn't need to breathe, but holding your breath blocked your airways, that way I wouldn't smell or taste the coppery scent I was beginning to understand.

Blood.

"We're on east valley road now," Richard warned, having fallen back in case he need to hold me back.

I held my breath as Mekhi tightened his grip on me. A group of young women looked up as we neared. "Richard! You look like you haven't aged a day!" One of the girls said before giggling.

"Would that be because I haven't?" Richard joked back.

Mekhi and I glanced at each other. "Care to stick around?" Another girl asked before tugging on her neckline.

"You know my rules, Bella, unless you're agreeing to marry me, no bites" Richard said before winking at her.

She blushed and the girls giggled as we walked past. "Bye Richard!" They chorused as we made it past the East Valley.

"You made friends with addicts?" Mekhi asked, disapproval in his tone.

"I've never bitten them nor do I intend on biting them, they just make good company," Richard replied.

Mekhi was about to reply but I gripped his hand and shook my head. Shutting his mouth, the Vampire King turned his head to look away.

I heard dogs go off in the distance and Richard stopped. "There's a wolf ahead, he's caught our scent," Mekhi said, crouching low.

Our hands fell apart and I closed my eyes. "Richard, I never asked you something," I said, breathing in the air.

"What's that?" He asked.

"If Mekhi's gifts are mind reading, what are yours?" I asked, opening my eyes.

I saw him glance at his father. "Am I allowed to use them? To show her?" Richard asked.

Mekhi looked at me before nodding and standing up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back, just as golden eyes appeared in the shadows.

"I seriously fucking hate wolves," Richard said, sounding fed up.

He reached his palm outwards and turned it down, so his palm was facing the cobblestone. Richard twisted his wrist a little and my eyes widened as a golden whip curled down his hand and he gripped it lightly.

"What the hell is that?" I gasped out.

"Richard has the ability to fold light into weapons, made him incredible on the battlefield," Mekhi said, sounding almost proud.

He flicked his whip out and lashed at the wolf that sulked in the shadows, the wolf didn't budge, just growled.

"A brave wolf I see, maybe you can dodge my favourite weapon instead," Richard growled.

The wolf launched at him just ad Rochard reached back to draw something and suddenly a bow and arrow were in his hands and it went sailing towards the leaping wolf.

The wolf yelped and hit the floor with a thud. "Why the hell were you using a shotgun last time!" I yelled.

Richard smirked. "You were human, can't use my gifts with a human a few feet from me, to my vampire form, humans are the enemies" he said simply with a shrug.

The bow and arrow disappeared. "So what are my abilites?" I asked as Richard turned right and opened a wooden door.

"You'll have to discover them on your own," Mekhi said, touching my cheek before following his son into the safe house.

A/N

Another chapter! Yay!
I also know that some of you were asking to see what Richard looked like..

But now if you check the cast list again at the beginning of the book. You'll see!

I hope you like my pick!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640K 27.5K 58
COMPLETED. A tear slides down my cheek and my assaulter stands upright again, sending me a smirk as he wipes the tear away. His canines are splatter...
207K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
199K 4.5K 42
"You will tell me everything I want to know beautiful," He whispered and bit the soft flesh near my neck. "Go fuck yourself," I said in a breathy vo...
435K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...