You Are Not Safe

By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

--UNDER EDITING-- Diego Winchester is a four year old little girl that has been separated from her two older... More

1. Diego.
2. Dont eat fish.
3. Jimbo.
4. Mashed Potatoes
5. Boom
6. Eggys and Milk
7. Walking boots and rocks
8. Walker Bait
9. Not Dead
11. Lifeline
12. Mommys and Daddys
13. Remember me
14. Blood soaked hands
15. Finger on the trigger
16. Two daddys and a Momma
17. On Point
18. Its the family Business.
19. Good night love
20. Hurt
21. Whats left of it.
22. At all times.
23. If he loved me.
24. Lost in the tombs.
25. I wont let them.
26. Badass.
27. Hey Jude.
28. Hey Assbutt.
29. I found you.
30. A single tear.
31. Ankle-biter.
32. Pig 'n a Poke.
33. Worry.
34. Americas most wanted.
35. Whiskey coloured eyes.
AAAAA

10. Leave Me Be

12K 289 158
By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

Everyone was sat around the small fire all eating our eggys. Andrea was fixing her gun and I noticed that my Shane had a new hat but I couldn't understand the word it said. I sat on daddy's lap while he sat on a blue camping chair and miss carol came and put more eggys on my plate. Everything was okay.

"I'm guys. So... the barn is full of walkers"

Glennys statement set everyone off. Rick stared over at the barn for a good minute before everyone did the same thing at once. Daddy picked me up and put me on his hip and we all made our way to the barn.

"You can not tell me your alright with this"

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"God this our lives man!"

"Lower your voice"

Shane was starting to scare me a little and I whimpered into daddy's shoulder. He bounced me up and down and gave me a kiss on my temple.

"It ain't right. Not remotely."

"We've ether gotta go in there, make things right. Or we've just gotta go. Now we've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time"

"We can't go!"

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughters still out there"

Daddy put me down on the floor and held my hand whilst looking quite angry at Shane.

"Okay. Okay, I think it's time we all start to just consider the other possibilities"

"Shane! We're not leaving Sophia behind"

Daddy let go of my hand and walked up towards Shane.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago"

"You found her doll Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

Daddy swung his hand out and walked closer out towards Shane. I started to tug on my fingers a little and went to stand near Carl.

"You don't know what the hell your talkin about!"

"I'm just sayin what needs to be said! You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours!"

"Shane stop"

"Let me tell you somethin else man. If she was alive and saw you comin, all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!"

Daddy and Shane started to really yell at each other and push each other about. Rick got in the middle and Shane was tryna provoke daddy but he stayed calm and simply walked away while Momma Lori tried to get Shane to back off. I tugged on my fingers a little harder and Carl stepped slightly infront of me.

"Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out"

"What are ya gonna figure out!"

Shane roared. Lori put her hand on his chest and yelled at him to back off.

"If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land"

"Hershel sees those things in there as people, sick people. His wife. His step son"

"You knew?"

"Yesterday, I talked to Hershel"

"And you waited the night!"

"I thought we could survive one more night" Dale defended "We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something but Glenn wanted to be the one"

Everyone stared at each other before daddy scoffed and grabbed my elbow roughly and pulled me away. Why is he mad at me? What did I do?

He walked us over to the stables and let go of my arm. I rubbed it where it was red with a huge hand mark.

"Daddy?"

"Daddy?" Why was he ignoring me?

As he set down a saddle miss carol cane rushing in.

"You can't."

"I'm fine" daddy snarled and bumped into me so I fell on my butt.

"Oof"

He didn't even look at me and I don't know what I did wrong to make him upset.

"Hershel said you need to heal"

"Yeah, I don care"

"Well I do" she replied while helping me up and dusting off my dungarees. Daddy opened the horse pen while miss carol kept on talking.

"Ricks going out later to follow the trail"

"Yeah, well, I ain't gonna sit around and do nothin"

"No your gonna go out there and get yourself hurt even worse"

He kept messin with the horse and I tried to tap him to get his attention but he just slapped away my hand and left it stinging.

"We don't know if we're gonna find her Daryl."

That made him stop. He stopped dead.

"We don't. I don't"

He just looked at her and his eyes briefly flickered to me. I started to tug on my fingers as the nerves were eating away at me. Why was he being like this? He slowly walked over to Carol and she pushed me behind her slightly.

"What?"

"I can't loose you to" she said quietly then looked to me and whispered out "Diego can't loose you ether"

He pulled a face at her and roughly dropped the rope thingys that go on the horses head. Then he walked over to the saddle and glanced back at carol. Was I invisible? Why did he drag me here if he's not even talking to me? Before we knew it he hurled the saddle across the stable and instantly clutched his side where he got hurt. Carol ran forward but I just stayed frozen. Daddy never acted like this before so why now?

"Just leave me be.... stupid bitch"

He walked outta the barn and miss carol started to cry. I went to comfort her however she just stormed out. Just like daddy. They both left me all alone and there was a horse pen still opened and I struggled to close it so that it didn't get out. I eventually decided to go see Momma Lori and ask her to brush my hair. I found her cutting up carrots on a tree stump.

"Momma Lori!" I squealed

"Huh? Oh hi honey what's up?"

"Could you brush my hair please?"

"Yeah sure come here"

I smiled at her and sat in front of her legs. Soon after Shane came over sayin how he thought Rick was dead and how he thought he was better than Rick.

"He thought it was best to go on a suicide mission to Safe a drug dealer. And so we lost Amy and we lost Jim. We lost..." I got sad at the thought of Jimbo and I felt like I was invisible again. Then they started to talk about that something was shanes! What were they even on about?

Adults make no sense

Shane then abruptly stood up and I managed to make myself properly known as I called out to him.

"Shane"

His eyes snapped to meet mine and he did a double take signifying he didnt know I was there.

"Yeah little lady?"

"Can we play?"

"In a bit okay? I just gotta do a job and then I'll play with ya yeah"

I smiled and nodded and he gave me a high five then left.

Lori finished doing my hair and I said thank you and put my hat on my head and went out to search for daddy to say sorry for why he was mad. I also wanted to ask if I could help him look for Sammy and Dean today like he promised. I couldn't find him or miss carol so I decided to wait on the farmhouse steps for him to show up. In the distance I could see Glenny and Maggie arguing one minute and then the next they were kissing!

"Eewww" I grumbled and hid my face in my hands.

Soon enough Maggie and Glenn came and sat with me and then Andrea and T. Then finally daddy and carol shown up. I ran over to daddy and he picked me up and I cuddled him. I guess he's not mad no more.

"Damn it isn't anybody takin this seriously. We got us a damn trail. Ah. Here we go"

Shane came over with the guns and started to hand them out sayin we all had to grow up. He tried to give one to Carl but Momma Lori yelled at him.

"Oh shit" T said

"Shit. Shit shit shi-"

"Don even finish that sentence" daddy growled and held his rifle Shane gave him tighter.

Everybody ran over to rick and daddy put me down on the ground and told me to go to miss carol or Momma Lori. I decided to go to Momma Lori and she held me and Carl close while Shane yelled

"These things ain't sick. That ain't people. They're dead! Ain't gotta feel nothin for em cause all they do, that kill! These things right here. They killed Amy. They killed Otis! They're gonna kill all of us!"

"Shane shut up!"

"Hey Hershel let me ask you something" he said while getting his gun out. "Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" He shot the walker three times and I whimpered at the loud noises

"Momma Lori" I whined

"It's okay honey. I got you"

"That's three rounds in the chest! Could someone who's alive could they just take that? Why is it still comin?" He shot it again twice. "That's it's heart. It's lungs. Why is it still comin!" He shot it another three times.

"Shane enough!" Rick ordered

"Yeah your right man. That is enough"

He then shot the walker in the head and Hershel fell to his knees.

"Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone! Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us! Enough! Rick it ain't like it was before! Now if yall wanna live, if yall wanna survive, you gotta fight for it! I'm talkin bout fighting! Right here. Right now!"

Shane then ran over to the barn and rattled the doors before pulling them open with a pick axe and aiming his gun.

"Get behind me" Momma Lori ordered us

I hid behind her legs but I was so small so that I could still see and watch everything. Soon enough everybody including daddy was forming a line to take down the monsters. Hershels family was crying and Rick just stood there. Me and Carl ran forward and Momma Lori chased us. Rick yelled at us to stay back and he held my hand as daddy couldn't. It got really loud and Rick covered my ear while I pressed the other against his leg.

Many gunshots and monsters later they were all gone and dead. Well. Double dead. Everyone stood there for a minute until a light growling caught our attention. Another walker came out of the barn. But it was a little girl. She looked awfully familiar.

It was Sophia

Ricks grasp tightened around my hand as I whimpered into his leg. I turned round to see miss carol running towards her

"Sophia? Sophia!"

Daddy caught her and brought her to the ground while she sobbed for her daughter. We all just stared before Ricks hand slackened around mine and he made his way toward Sophia. He aimed his gun and paused for a long moment

"Don't watch" I heard daddy say to miss carol

Rick cocked his gun and then finally pulled the trigger. Sophia was double dead and crashed to the floor. Not long after another growl sounded. But this one was louder and stronger than Sophia's. I looked up and out came the barn another walker.

It had short and scraggy bleach blonde hair and a muscular build but it's once sparkly apple green eyes were grey, dull and lifeless. Blood was splattered across its face and clothes. It's arms outstretched trying to feast on its new meal. But I didn't see that. I saw my brother. His apple green eyes starring right at me as me, sammy and dean sang songs together and laughed about his obsession of pie. I saw my brother who taught me how to hunt and catch fish. I saw my brother who could be mean but he always just wanted to protect me in the end. I loved him and he loved me.

Before anybody could react, I started to run as fast as I could toward my brother

"DEAN!" I squealed with happiness

"I FOUND YOU!"

I got closer and closer to his arms waiting to give me the worlds biggest snuggle.

"Rick get her!" Daddy shouted

But that moment was snatched away from me. Just as I got close Ricks arms flung out to catch me. Much like daddy did with miss carol. He froze me in place while another shot echoed off the fields of the farm and my Dean came crashing down right infront of me along with my world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 4.6K 71
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...
150K 3.7K 64
This story is about Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead,but add in two daughters how will Daryl's story change? I don't own any of the Walking Dead cha...
258K 6.8K 56
Aurora Marie Grimes is Rick Grimes' older daughter at 15 years old. Her world started falling apart when she received the news her father had been sh...
103K 2K 13
Hayden Taylor, Thirteen years old, before the outbreak, before the dead started rising again, before everything, Hayden's life was not picture perfec...