You Are Not Safe

By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

--UNDER EDITING-- Diego Winchester is a four year old little girl that has been separated from her two older... More

1. Diego.
2. Dont eat fish.
3. Jimbo.
4. Mashed Potatoes
6. Eggys and Milk
7. Walking boots and rocks
8. Walker Bait
9. Not Dead
10. Leave Me Be
11. Lifeline
12. Mommys and Daddys
13. Remember me
14. Blood soaked hands
15. Finger on the trigger
16. Two daddys and a Momma
17. On Point
18. Its the family Business.
19. Good night love
20. Hurt
21. Whats left of it.
22. At all times.
23. If he loved me.
24. Lost in the tombs.
25. I wont let them.
26. Badass.
27. Hey Jude.
28. Hey Assbutt.
29. I found you.
30. A single tear.
31. Ankle-biter.
32. Pig 'n a Poke.
33. Worry.
34. Americas most wanted.
35. Whiskey coloured eyes.
AAAAA

5. Boom

13.7K 315 143
By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

I woke up and Daryl was snoring quietly. I tried to get back to sleep but it was impossible, so I decided on waking up Daryl. I poked his cheek a couple of times and quietly chanted his name. I gave up being nice and I stepped on the bedside table and then lunged onto Daryl's chest. He woke up almost instantly with a groan while I giggled.

"Ya better run Sunshine"

"O-oh"

Daryl jumped up and pinned me to the bed. He started to tickle me and I squealed and tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"Stop. Stop it. Daryl stop. Somebody help me! Somebody help! Stop!" I yelled in between breaths.

Suddenly the door burst open causing Daryl to freeze and Rick appeared at the door. He saw that I didn't actually need serious help and saw the situation I was in and he burst out laughing.

"Come on you two breakfast is ready"

I got changed into Carl's clothes with the help of Daryl and he started to pack our bags.

"What is you doin?"

"I gotta feelin something's gonna go downhill."

I hummed and grasped his hand and we walked to the big room we were at last night. Daryl sat me down next to Lori again and TDog gave me a plate of eggs.

"Yum yum yum eggy, eggy, eggys" I sang. Everyone laughed and began eating. Glenn looked slightly green and began to groan and held his head.

"Eggs powdered but I do em good. Protein helps the hangover."

"Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again." Glenn groaned.

Shane walked in and sat down at the end of the table. He had three big scratches on his neck. What happened?

"Hey" Shane said to Rick.

"Feel as bad as I do?"

"Worse." Shane chuckled and took a sip of his drink that dale made him.

"The hell happened to you? Your neck." T asked Shane. He touched the lines on his neck and winced.

"Must have done it in my sleep." Shane brushed off.

"Never seen you do that before." Rick said and started to eat his eggs again.

"Me either not like me at all."

Shane looked over to Lori and she bowed her head. I got up and walked over to Shane and kissed his neck better. It always made Sammy and Dean smile.

"Better?"

"Better. Thanks Diego." he said with a smile. He kissed my cheek and I went back to my seat to eat more of my eggys. Mister Jenner walked in and Dale started to speak.

"I'm sorry to slam you with questions first thing in the morning."

"But you will anyway." Jenner clarified.

"We didn't come here for the eggs." Andrea said.

"I did." I said while chewing said eggs.

Daryl was the only one who heard me and he snorted and patted me on the head. I shovelled the last of the eggys in my mouth and ran after Daryl and Shane into the big room.

"VI give us a playback of TS-19." Jenner said. Vi repeated him and put something on the big screen.

"Few people ever got a chance to see this. Very few."

"Is that a brain?" Carl asked

"Yes. And a very extraordinary one. Not that it matters at the end."

On the big screen was a big blue brain and it had loads of lines and lights running through it.

"What are those lights?" Shane asked

"Its a persons life. Experiences. Memories. It's everything. Somewhere in all that organic wiring in all those ripples of light. Is you. The thing that makes you unique. Human."

Some people aren't human.

"You don't make sense. Ever." Daryl said while standing slightly in-front of me.

"Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. They determine everything a person says does and thinks from the moment of birth. To the moment of death."

"Death? That's what this is a vigil?"

"Rather a playback of a vigil."

He started talking again and told VI to scan to the first event. I didn't understand any of what he was telling us. There were too many big words being said. He showed us what happened to the brain and it reminded me of Jim.

"Is that what happened to Jimbo?" I asked quietly. The adults nodded to my question.

Andrea started to cry and Lori told Doctor Jenner about Amy. He told her that he knows how she feels. That he lost somebody too. He told VI to scan forward again.

"It restarts the brain?" Lori asked.

"No just the stem. Bacically it gets them up and moving."

"But they're not alive?" Rick questioned.

"You tell me." Jenner replied with.

We all watched the big screen and a long line went through the brain. He said he shot the person in the head because they turned into a monster. I had to shoot monsters before.

"So there's nothing left." Rick stated.

"Dr Jenner I know this has been taxing for you but let me just ask one more question, but, that clock, it's counting down. What happens at zero?"

"The basement generators, they run out of fuel."

"And then?" He stayed silent and faced away from us. He looked.. guilty?

"VI, what happens when the power runs out?" Rick asked

"When the power runs out facility wide decontamination will occur." To this everyone froze and I didn't understand why.

"Decontamination. What does that mean?" Glenn asked.

Daryl grabbed by arm and took me to our room and handed me my bag. He handed me my dungarees that had been washed and I packed them in my bag.

"Come on." I followed Daryl back into the big room where everybody was arguing.

"Mister Jenner what's going on?" I asked in a small voice while tugging on his white dress coat. It looked like Cassys, but I like Cassys better.

"Energy use is being prioritised." he responded with. Of course again I didn't know what this meant so I just went back over to Daryl.

"Air isn't a priority? And lights?" Dale asked.

"It's not up to me, zone five is shutting itself down."

I didn't listen to anything else but my ears perked up when Rick and Shane ran back over and said we were going. However a really loud alarm started to go off and I covered my ears.

"What is that?" I asked Daryl. He just shook his head.

"30 minutes to decontamination." VI said. Rick told everyone to move and Shane grabbed my hand and we ran to the door. But it shut tightly right in-front of us.

"Did he just lock us in? He just locked us in!" Glenn yelled.

I whimpered and tugged on my fingers and it was getting difficult to breathe.

"Shane?" I whined pathetically.

The adults started to yell and I ran over to Carl as Shane grabbed Daryl who was trying to hit Jenner. Carl and Lori hugged me while everyone else was arguing.

"It sets the air on fire. No pain."

This made me panic even more. I couldn't die yet. I still had to tell Sammy and Dean about my new friends and how Daryl and Shane are my new best friends. I have to still show them the hat that Shane gave me. My mind kept whirling and I started to get dizzy.

Daryl yelled and him and Shane started to hit the door with an axe. Where did that come from?

"Can't make a dent." Daryl said while puffing our air.

"Those doors are designed to withstand a rocket launcher."

"Well your head ain't!" Daryl ran towards the doctor but Shane and Rick stopped him from hitting him. My vision started to get blurry and my fingers hurt from all the tugging.

"Shane? Daryl?" Lori yelled.

It sounded like I was underwater and I couldn't focus on anything properly. The next few minutes were a haze. Daryl appeared in-front of me but I couldn't hear him. I had tears streaming down my face and Daryl suddenly picked me up and ran through the doors.

They were open!

Daryl held me close to his chest and I tried to focus on his heartbeat and breathing like I do with my Sammy and Dean. It was working. Daryl was calming me down and making me go back to normal. I heard a explosion and we all jumped out of the window.

Everyone ran to their cars and me and Daryl went to his truck. It was becoming easier to breathe now. Daryl hovered over me and put his hands over my ears. I was confused but then there was a huge boom and heat hit my face.

Once I calmed down I looked out the window to see the building went boom. Daryl put on my seatbelt and I tried taking off my shoes as they hurt my feet but Daryl told me to keep them on. I cuddled Toby and we set off to some place else.

That was fun.

...
Hi guys please give me some feedback and comment.
Who do you prefer?

Daryl and Diego

Shane and Diego

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 4.6K 71
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...
1.4K 36 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3
188K 5.4K 49
Carol glanced back and her heart stopped when she saw the scars crisscrossing her back and her unevenly healed ribs making her torso lumped in a few...
48.8K 910 95
Y/n Dixon, she was the youngest Dixon child, nothing like Merle. She was sweet, kind, caring. Like her mother. She always had Daryl to protect her. B...