Unknown Darkness | Natza

By ikuyatsu

Natsu x Erza __ In a world where fear controls peoples' thoughts and emotions, Natsu Dragneel, adopted-son o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Dragon Prince
Chapter 2: The New Member
Chapter 3: Seven Years Later
Chapter 4: Welcome to Fairy Tail
Chapter 5: The New Team
Chapter 6 (part one): Eisenwald
Chapter 6 (part two): Eisenwald
Chapter 7: Wind Master
Chapter 8: Lullaby
Chapter 9: Natsu vs Erza
Chapter 10: Era
Chapter 11: Strongest Wizard
Chapter 12: S-class Mission
Chapter 13: Get them back here!
Chapter 14: Galuna Island
Chapter 15: Deliora
Chapter 16: Gray's Past
Chapter 18: The Dragon has a Heart
Chapter 19: Feelings
Chapter 20 (part one): The Final Battle on Galuna island
Chapter 20 (part two): The Final Battle On Galuna Island
Chapter 21: Phantom Lord
A/N: help me!
Chapter 22: This is War!

Chapter 17: Lyon vs Gray

3.2K 61 4
By ikuyatsu

The man with the white coat was walking with the three other people that the Fairy tail wizards saw when in the cave.

The four of them were walking toward the group of hooded people. They walked in eerie silence till the blue haired man spoke,

"What a waste. I lost so much precious sleep for nothing," he complained, eyes closed.

The man with cat ears, walking next to him, pretended to be asleep, a snot bubble coming from his nose.

"We searched all day for the intruders, but never found a trace of them," Yuka stated, eyes now opened and looking to the side.

"Maybe there wasn't any!" Toby, the cat eared man shouted, eyebrows furrowed in irritation.

"I'm afraid I have some sad news, cold emperor," the pink haired woman known as Sherry said.

The man with the helmet looked at the woman. "We thought we had intruders during the day, but it seems they got away," she stated sadly.

"I cannot speak of love in this situation," she laced her hands together in front of her and sighed.

"Intruders you say?" The cold emperor questioned.

"So, that guy is their leader?" Gray asked, voice low. "He's trying to act all high and mighty, with that stupid-looking mask," Lucy frowned.

"Has Deliora been revived yet?" The cold emperor asked, not looking at his lackeys. Sherry puckered her lips and replied,

"It shouldn't be that long form now, maybe later tonight or tomorrow, Sir."

"Which one, woman?!" Toby shouted causing the latter to look his way in concern.

"The time has almost come," The cold emperor states eerily. Gray stared at the cold emperor in shock. "If you see those intruders again, kill them," The cold emperor commanded. "I don't want anyone getting in my way."

"They must have been villagers. They're the only ones on the island," Sherry stated, her voice still calm.

"Then destroy the village," The cold emperor commanded, lifting his hand up at his side.

"Yes sir."

"Understood."

Erza's eyes widened. They were going to destroy the village?

"But the village didn't have anything to do with this," Lucy commented in frustration.

"It's a shame there has be blood shed," The cold emperor said, his voice not holding any sympathy.

Gray stared at the man in the white cloak in shock (again). "That voice... No, it can't be."

Just then everyone heard a voice they didn't expect to hear on the island.

"HEEEYY! NATSHUUU! LUUUUCCYY!"

Lucy and Natsu sweat-dropped. Are you kidding me?

Erza looked up at the sky to see a blue figure coming their way. "Is that Happy?" Erza asked, irritation lacing her tone.

Lucy sighed. "Sadly, Yes."

"He ruined our spot!" Gray's face scrunched up in anger. The blue cat came flying above them.

"Natsu, you promised me you would bring me on the next mission you go on, and what do you do? You don't take me with you on this mission!" Happy complained, which caused the others (besides Natsu) to sweat-drop.

"This is important Happy!" Lucy shouted, irritated that their hiding spot was probably given away by the loud, blue cat.

"Who's there?!" Yuka shouted, eyes narrowed toward the cat's direction. "Oops," was all Happy had to say. "Good job Happy," Lucy sighed.

Everyone stood up from behind the rocks and looked at the other four people. There was really no point in hiding, anymore.

The three lackeys gasped at the sight of the people. "They don't look like the people in the village," Sherry commented.

"Geez, I guess there is no turning back now. Thanks Happy," Lucy replied sarcastically.

Sherry looked at the mark on Lucy's hand from her holding it up to her mouth. "I know that mark, they're from the guild Fairy tail."

"Interesting. Those villagers must've contacted the guilds for help," Yuka commented, voice calm. The cold emperor turned to them slightly.

"Don't worry about them. Go irradiate the village," The cold emperor demanded. The three lackeys looked at the cold emperor.

"What? Why?" Lucy questioned under her breath.

"Anyone who stands in my way, whether deliberately or not, is my enemy," the cold emperor clenched his fist at his side.

"What?!" Erza shouted, anger lacing her tone. Gray growled and jumped over the rock toward the cold emperor.

"Why, you!" Gray shouted. "Stop this crazy ceremony right now!" Gray lit his hands with his ice magic and jumped in the air to land a few feet closer and created rows of ice heading straight towards the cold emperor.

The three lackeys jumped in the air to avoid being hit by the ice, while the cold emperor jumped up and lit one hand with his magic and hit the floor to launch the same attack of ice directed toward Gray.

The ice collided together and shattered from the impact of the crash.

Happy's eyes widened. "Who is that guy?! I can't believe he's an ice wizard too!" Happy shouted in surprise.

Gray's face was twisted in a deep scowl. Gray stood up slightly and glared at the man in front of him.
"Lyon."

Lucy, Erza, and Happy's eyes widened. "Lyon?" Lucy muttered under her breath.

"How could you? Do you know have any idea what you're doing?" Gray asked, anger toward the man now known as Lyon.

"Oh, Gray. It's been quite a while hasn't it?" Lyon stated, voice as calm as ever.

Lucy and Happy gasped. Natsu and Erza stared at the man. Erza was ready to equip a sword but when she heard Gray start talking, she stopped herself.

"Why would you revive Deliora?" Gray asked.

"To think that you were one of the wizards that were sent to help the poor villagers. Did you come knowing I would be here? Of was this all mere coincidence? Not that it makes any difference to me," Lyon replied, not answering Gray's question.

"An acquaintance of your's cold emperor?" Yuka asked, hands behind his back. Toby barked in agreement.

"Do as you were ordered. I can handle these nuisances on my own."

"Yes sir!" they all replied in unison and in a flash they were gone. Erza growled. How dare he?

"Let's start with all of your little friends," Lyon announced, lighting his hands with his ice magic. This caused Gray's eyes to widen.

"Happy, Get Lucy out of here. Natsu! Erza! You guys need to get away from here!" Gray commanded.

"What's going on Gray? Why?" Erza asked, equipping a sword. "Just go! Do you wanna be turned to ice?!" Gray asked, sending a bunch of ice toward Lyon.

Lyon blocked the ice with a shield. "Do you not need any help?!" Erza asked, slowly walking toward the two.

"No! I can handle him myself!" Gray declared, causing Erza to sigh. Happy had already grabbed Lucy and flew toward the village.

"Let's go," Erza demanded, which caused the latter to glare at her. Natsu sighed and teleported them to the village, where they saw Happy coming with lucy in the distance. The two got to the ground and Happy flew straight toward Natsu.

"You promised not to leave me!" Happy shouted, hugging his best friend.

Natsu sighed and let a small, unnoticeable smile appear on his face and let Happy hug him.
_________________________

"You distracted me long enough for your friends to get away. Chivalrous, but ultimately pointless. There is no way they can defeat my lackeys," Lyon stated, glaring at his old friend from behind the mask.

"I wouldn't underestimate a fairy tail wizard, Lyon."
Gray closed his eyes and looked down.

His eyes snapped open. "I don't understand why you're trying to pull this superior act with me, Lyon. You're not! We're not Ur's students anymore!" Gray declared, taking a step forward.

"I'm well aware of that, painfully aware," Lyon removed his helmet and stared at Gray. "Our beloved teacher is not longer of this world."

"Her final act was sealing away that monster. Are you really that callous that you would try to destroy our master's legacy?" Gray declared.

"Don't delude yourself, Gray. We both know that you're the one who killed Ur." Lyon states, eyes narrowed, yet voice still calm.

Gray's eyes widened in terror and shock, teeth clenched, and sweat dripping down his face.

"And yet, you don't seem to feel any remorse. How cruel," Lyon tilted his head forward.

"Enough with the games. You're the one who murdered Ur, so just admit it. I'm surprised you have the guts even utter her name!" Lyon's eyes narrowed, shooting a column of ice toward Gray, hitting him to the ground.

"Lyon," Gray grunted, standing up, head held low.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me the guilt is finally getting to you," Lyon spat. "I'm warning you, don't try to interfere. Whether you like it or not, I'm reviving Deliora."

Gray growled. "I won't let you!" Gray declared. Lyon dropped his helmet to the ground and rose his hand to have ice magic swirl around it.

"It's like old times, but I've grown stronger since then. Ice make: Eagle!" Lyon announced sending eagles made of ice toward the other ice wizard.

Gray got into his Ice make stance and pounded his fist into his palm.

"Ice makes Shield!" Gray threw his arms at his sides creating a star shaped shield in front of him. Sadly, the shield didn't help because the eagles flew around the shield, hitting Gray.

Gray grunted in pain as the eagles attack him and shattered from impact.

"While your specialty is crafting inanimate objects, static Ice make magic. Mine is creating living creatures, active Ice make Magic. Did you forget my ice could move?" Lyon declared.

Gray jumped out of the ice surrounding him and pounded his fist back into his palm at his side.

"Ice make: hammer!" Gray shouted. A huge ice hammer appearing in his hands and sent it toward Lyon.

Lyon put his hand up at his side and shouted, "Ice make: Ape!"

A giant ape appeared in front of Lyon and jumped up to cause itself to be hit by the hammer instead.

"How pathetic. You still use two hands when casting your ice spells?" Lyon asked, mock evident in his tone.

"Yeah, 'cause that's what Ur taught us. She said, Single-handed spell casting is unbalanced and incomplete-" Gray argued but was cut off.

"Well, I'm the exception to that rule," Lyon declared. "I surpassed Ur's skill level a long time ago."

"Shut you mouth!" Gray demanded, face masked in a scowl.

"Regardless, ever since we were children you've never been able to land a single hit on me," Lyon reminded.

Gray grunted and light his hands at his side in his Ice make stance. "I'm a lot stronger now than I used to be. Ice make: Geyser!" Gray shouted, hands pressed against the floor. A geyser of ice flew toward Lyon.

Ice was falling everywhere. The hooded people were running around in terror trying to get off the top of the temple.

The ice geyser shattered and Lyon stood there unharmed. "Nothing has changed," Lyon spoke in a calm voice. "I was always the superior student, and I'm still stronger than you. I was able to master single-handed ice make magic, while you still have to rely on both your hands. It's just like the old days. We may have chosen different paths, but we're frozen in time. Our rankings never change," Lyon announced, hand in the sky after his speech.

Gray grunted in surprise, an ice dragon appeared below his feet, launching him into the air. Gray screamed in pain while flying to the ground.

"That's why I'm resurrecting Deliora, to prove that I'm more than Ur's star pupil," Lyon announced, looking at the sky.

Gray flew to the ground behind some old ruins.

"As a child, I only ever dreamed of one thing. The day I would surpass Ur as a wizard. But you ruined that for me, Gray. After she died, I thought my lifelong dream of surpassing her was impossible... Until I realized, there was one way, if I defeated Deliora, a demon so strong that not even Ur could vanquish it, then I will have surpassed her power. My dream will finally become a reality," Lyon pronounced, a creepy grin plastered on his face.

"Listen to me, that thing destroyed everything we cared about! And you want to bring it back to life just to prove how strong you are? That's insane!" Gray reasoned, irritation still evident in his tone. Lyon's eyes widened in shock and anger.

"Please! You can't do this!" Gray commanded, face morphed in a deep frown.

Lyon clenched his mouth, ice steam flowing around him. He sent ice toward Gray from below, sending Gray into the air, once again.

"Ahh!" Gray screamed in pain as he flew in the air.

"Please, you can't do this"? Really?!" Lyon sent ice make eagles toward Gray once again, causing the latter to grunt in pain. Gray landed on the floor with a thud.

"Funny you say that. Those were the exact words we told you on that fateful day," Lyon stated at Gray's defeated form. "Surely you remember! It's because of you that Ur died, if you hadn't challenged Deliora, Ur wouldn't have lost her life!" Lyon sent a ice fist from under Gray, sending him into the air with a grunt.

"I can't stand you even speaking her name in my presence! Be gone!" Lyon sent another ice dragon toward Gray. Gray screamed in pain as he landed on the ground exhausted.

"This is the end, Gray!" Lyon announced, hitting Gray one last time with the ice dragon, sending him to the ground, defeated.

xXx

A/N: Sorry this chapter took to long to get posted. I've been really busy with testing at my school and procrastinating with editing it. Also sorry it's so long XP

Next chapter out soon!

To be continued...

~Rin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 568 14
🎇 ━━ ❪ 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❫ ❛ 𝗂𝖿 𝗂 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 ...
151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
37.5K 994 18
[Sequel to 'Dragon Slayer Protector'] Seven years later.. Seven years of hell, agony, isolation, depression, and endless nights of tears; (Y/n) Dragn...
8.9K 261 21
Lucy has been with the Fairytail Mafia for a long time now. She has been made to be part of the family. She is married to Natsu Dragneel. the biggest...