Black Rose.

By paddycarr

Black Rose is a dark romance about love, loss and being different. It follows the life of the raconteur Jes... More

ANOTHER GRIND |TUESDAY | PART 1 (1477 words)
THE TENSION | TUESDAY | PART 2 (942 words)
MASTERBATE | TUESDAY | PART 3 (1315 words)
CAFE BLEND | TUESDAY | PART 4 (1325 words)
ME MERE |TUESDAY | PART 5 (763 words)
JUDGEMENT | TUESDAY | PART 6 (1568 words)
FIRST DATE ARRANGED | TUESDAY | PART 7 (1177 words)
MEETING THE MONSTER | TUESDAY | PART 8 (1156 words)
JACOSTA COMPLEX | WEDNESDAY | PART 1 (927 words)
99 PROBLEMS | WEDNESDAY | PART 2 (1516 words)
TRAGIC BEATING | WEDNESDAY | PART 4 (1717 words)
WAITING GAME |WEDNESDAY | PART 5 (1174 WORDS)
AWAKENING | THURSDAY | PART 1 (927 WORDS)
PARK | THURSDAY | PART 2 (1343 words)
RECOLECTION | THURSDAY | PART 3 (1189 WORDS)
DEALING | THURSDAY | PART 4 (2087 WORDS)
HEADSHOP | THURSDAY | PART 5 (2131 words)

A PLAN | WEDNESDAY | PART 3 (1429 words)

12 2 0
By paddycarr

At the Y-Zone there are the usual suspects. A lock a freakers and the odd sound sham and buck too. Curious enough there is nay McGuigan and nay Bollcoks but they have a business to run, alright it is an underground drug business but they do just fine. Although auld Harold is about and buzzing, as ever. He is bragging about taking the salvia he had purchased not so long ago at the local headshop. He is teasing himself with it. He wanted an audience to see him trip. I told him to keep it until Saturday night, but, Harold being Harold informed me he would have it whenever he liked, he insisted. 

Joints of legal smoke were being shared just like the jokes. This is also a place for debate as well. Hot topics and the like. Sex, drugs and rock and roll and the like.

"Say Harold, mind if I have a word?" I asked me, good droog for an ear.

"Sure mon," Harold says. "I'll do it." That was Harold through and through. He will be with you for the good - the bad - and the ugliest of times. A right real crony. His sort are in short supply that is for sure.

"Don't you want to hear what the favor is first?"

Harold shrugs his shoulders and shot me a curious gaze before he mounted a reply. "Yea mon I suppose I better."

"You remember Angie here?" Angie offered Harold a winsome smile as she took a joint from one of the skaters. They made their way to the newly erected leisure center, about a mile from here. Perfect hang out for them.

"More precious than a gyemant" Harold the auld romantic said.

"What is a gyemant," Angie asks.

"A diamond," I enlighten her. Her cheeks redden.

"If only you were not so madly in love with Kash here I would certainly try me luck." He smiles at her then looks at me a bit more serious like.

"What are you on?" Angie asks him. It is only at that point I thought the same thing. He is moving his jaw like the clappers. It is as if he were chewing gum, but he isn't. His eyes are also dilated. He also had a creepy smile.

"Shhhh," Harold says putting his index finger against his trap. "Don't tell the others but eh...I got some Diablos." He whispered the last part of the sentence.

"Diablos," I lowered me voice.

"What is it?" Angie asks.

"Pills," Harold says. "The first time I have ever tried them and ....man woooo I feel unbelievable." Angie and I looked at one another and shared a coy smile. "What is the favor?"

"Oh right yeah, like well..." I look at Angie. "Can I tell him?" I needed her permission, twas only right. She stalls but nods her head.

"Angie got a savage beaten last night," I said.

I still to this day know not why Harold immediately took it the wrong way, I'll just put it down to the drugs he was on. Whatever the case Harold grabbed me collar roughly. "What did you fucking do?" He blurted out. Everyone immediately observed the altercation and came over and stopped Harold who thought it was I who had given Angie the savage beaten.

"For fuck sake Harold!" I and everyone said. "It wasn't me! Jeez" I say again. "It wasn't me," I protest me innocence.

"It's not Kash!" Angie intervenes.

"Sorry man, sorry," he lets loose me collar and pats me chest. "I don't know what overcame me. It's just, well, erm, I just thought and she is just a.... Just-"

"A black rose," I say remembering her favorite flower.

"Yea,"Harold answers, "sorry," he says again, he can not say that enough. Harold holds his hands up and informs everyone, "it's alright." Twas at that point Colette comes over and talks with Angie, consoling her as it were.

"Are you Cool?" I ask Harold.

 he nods his head.

 "Sorry," Harold says again.

"Its cool," I said patting him on the back. Needless to say, I was silently pissed off that me best crony of four years would think it was I, your humble raconteur , who had given Angie the savage beaten. "You know better than that," I told him off like a disobedient dog. "I have too much respect for the ladies ya see."

"Right," He says. "I knew that. I just, eh... I just erm, ah, nevermind man."

"Great album by Nirvana," I retort, making light of the dure situation.

"Ah multiple meanings," Harold says closing his eyes so he can just about see me.

"And interpretations," I add with a nod of me head.

"So who is the scum that gave your lady a beaten then?"

"Her father did it," I say icily. "Only had a glimpse of the Moster the other night when I picked her up at her domy."

"Where does the cunt live?"

"22 the Grange," I say. "Can your brothers help?" Harold has more yarbles than sense. But I knew he could not take on the Monster alone, Angie's pa is a big fucker.

"Sure," he assures me.

Harold's twin brothers were right bad bastards. I heard a rumor that they single handily took on and defeated a group of Shams when they were younger when all they cared about was drugs, sex, and rock and roll. They were legends within the circle. We would see them from time to time but they operated a shady business.

Harold was licking his lips and chewing his face. He pointed in no specific direction. "We need to formulate a plan," Harold said. "Some scheme of revenge."

"Ange," I say, calling her over with a wave of me hand.

"What up Bae?" She sniffles a bit. She assures Colette and a few others that she is fine, just fine. her pate is low as she walks over to Harold and I. 

"Come hither a sec," I pass two joints to the vultures who converse amongst themselves regarding the Monster. She comes over and feigns a smile. " Harold here has agreed to help in any way he can. We need to know when to strike. How to strike. Maybe at some point when your mother or Ash is not in might be appropriate? Hmm?"

"We need to hatchet a plan," Harold says. "If there is one thing I hate is a woman beater." I nodded me head to agree. "Your mother, does he beat her too?" Angie gave a perfunctory nod.

that was low. beating women who are vulnerable 

"And Ash?" I ask.

"No, not that I know of," Angie answers.

"So when will we do this then?" Harold asks. Now sitting on some wooden furniture intensely rubbing his hands up and down his thighs rubbing them as if his palms were cold or something.

"Well...Mom works late nights at the hospital. So maybe tomorrow evening?"

"Will he be in?" Harold asks.

"Yeah, he only gets up of the chair for a few things. One of which is to give me a beaten when he says I step out of line. The other is to get a beer when nobody is in."

"Fucking drink," I say. "Makes monsters of us all."

I don't want to be a contradictory hypocrite, but if you can get a kick out of life, that is all you truly need. Fuck the vices.

"Well, will I get my brothers to strike sometime in the evening?"

"Yeah," Ange says. "can you do that?"

"Twould be a pleasure," Harold answers and Angie immediately goes over to him, wraps her arms around him and embraces him like a long lost relative. I see Harold smile his face is deep in her jugs.

"Alright, just some fine details needed," Harold said. She releases him and hugs me. "Will my bros hurt him or give him some kind of threat or what?"

"Ideally," she says. "I want him to board a plane back to England."

"Its done," Harold says. When Harold says its done its done.

The time had pushed on and I had to go back and check on me Michelle. I had to have a word with her. Angie's problems sure proved a worthy distraction from me own. I am secretly elated she didn't tell anyone of me problems. That is true love for you, gothic love.

"Ange you coming?" I asked her.

"Yeah, Im with you, Bae," she says.

"G'lak," was the chant as we climbed over the metalic fence.

"G'lak" was the reply. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.5K 2.1K 40
A young boy found a Rose that he could not love openly, so he kept it in a glass, sealed away. Now an adult, the Rose wants to be set free. Have all...
1.2K 70 33
Two lost souls. Finding each other. Finding themselves. Luna is a sophomore in college with a group of friends that have become family to her, and to...
385 0 16
Young and naive; Journey is willing to do whatever she feels she needs to to keep a guy, not realizing the ignorance in her actions. Her nose is wide...
Black Rose By Ellie

Teen Fiction

738 17 10
After her secret gets out, Isabella gets bullied. Her best friend betrayed her and now she has no one. Then, she meets someone special, who might tur...