Severely

By tiamarulens

Unfortunately, Hope’s parents died when she was young. She was left to take care of her sister, and gradually... More

Chapter 1 - The Darkness that Looms
Chapter 2 - No Luck in the World
Chapter 3 - You'd Better Run
Chapter 4 - New Beginnings
Chapter 5 - Advice from an Alpha
Chapter 6 *Needs to be re-written*
Chapter 7 - Hell Hath no Fury
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 (Revised 23/1/12)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (I'm Sorry!)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

1.1K 36 8
By tiamarulens

Surprise! I'm Back again! Bet you didn't see that coming ;P

                                                                          ***

The trees around me quite vivid around me. I’m not too sure if it’s really bright outside today, or if I lost more blood than I would have really liked.

I mean…My head was a little light. It was as if all worries and thoughts were drifting away, seeking shelter within the strangely bright shadows.

I looked down at my naked feet, the warmth of the sun pelting down on them, giving them the vitamin D they deserved. They rested on velvety green grass, swaying slightly in the light breeze. I sighed in content.

 I was dressed in my flowing white dress that brushed over my knees, and frilled slightly at the edges. The straps of it were nestled sweetly upon my shoulders, and lessened my already idle sense of worry. I was glad that I was wearing this dress. I wasn’t sure when I had changed into it, but it was comfortable, as well as breezy within the summer-like season.

Taking a step forward, my foot crunched on the fresh and crisp grass, tickling the sole of my bare foot. I took another step, keeping my head down, watching the small baby like steps I seemed to waddle.

I smiled as I picked up the pace, feeling as free as a frolicking horse. I felt wonderful .Nothing could dampen my mood at this exact point in time.

That is when I looked up. And in a startled manner, I let out a noiseless scream.

There stood my –deceased? – Parents, smiling in a carefree manner, making me feel delighted and sick to my stomach at the same time.

Mums’ shining brunette hair was lustrous in the fading sunlight, her brown orbs shining with happiness. Dad was standing there, his hands intertwined with mums, and his trademark smirk lifting his right side of his face up. Neither one had a wrinkle displayed, even with dads slightly greying black locks. His blue eyes matched mums happy glimmer, and that’s when I realised the reason of my aforementioned sickness…

Something wasn’t right here.

They were dead.

‘…W-What? W-hy are you here? Mum? Daddy?’ I said in a shrill voice, my previous contentedness and care-free attitude quickly diminishing.

‘What’s wrong Hope? Why did you scream? Aren’t you happy to see us?’ Mum’s voice echoed slightly in my head.

This can’t be real.

I took a step forward, forgetting completely about the tickling feeling the grass had previously provided my feet.

‘Hope, where’s Faye? Why aren’t you taking care of her like you told us you would?’ My dad’s voice boomed disappointedly. My slight grin was wiped form my face…

‘You are dead.’ I gasped. A few breaths of air escaped my throat, and a loud hoarse-ish cough resounded. I choked on my gasps, a sense of darkness and loneliness washed over me.

‘F-Faye?’ My voice wobbled the slightest, still not over the fact that I was talking to my deceased parents.

I had to be dead myself for me to physically be able to talk to them myself.

‘You left her.’ My mum’s voice said distantly. I could feel the withdrawal and disappointment in it.

I blinked, and an unacknowledged tear rolled down from my tear ducts, wetting the side of my face instantly.

‘I had to. I couldn’t stay there any longer!’ I almost screamed. Why was life so cruel?

‘That’s not the point. You left your sister alone, with the traitor who killed us.’ Dad spoke again, an anger building in his tone that I was quite beginning to become afraid of.

I hadn’t heard their voices for years, let alone seen them, and now I was suddenly afraid. Why was that?

‘I didn’t leave her alone! She has a mat-…’ My brain suddenly kicked in at this point, the hysterical side of me settling in to take on the valuable information handed to me.

‘Traitor?’ I whispered hoarsely.

Mum nodded, and a small yet sad smile worked its way to her face.

The darkening forest scenery was beginning to take its toll, not only was I confused as to why I had to talk to my dead parents within it, but the rapidly decreasing light was freaking my out and confusing me more than should be possible.

I looked around wildly, looking for someone to take me away from here, anyone.

I could have had my mate save me from this; he could have protected me from the hurt I was feeling.

I was so stupid! I should have stayed and at least given him a chance!

Now that Faye was gone, I had to have someone to protect and be protected by.

I let out a growl, which progressively turned into a piercing scream. I grabbed fiercely at my tufts of hair, tears streaming down my eyes.

Dropping to my knees, I screamed out more. The once fresh crisp grass had turned into damp and murky mud.

The darkness was a dark fog swarming around me, my parent’s familiar bodies disappearing almost immediately.

My scream went on through the fog, echoing within the lonely forest, echoing my life.

Waking up with a continued scream of my nightmare, I shot up out of the sheets wrapped delicately around my semi-naked body.

I was vaguely aware of a voice trying to hush me, but I couldn’t quite place it. It was familiar though, that was all I could tell.

My senses at the moment were pounding, giving me a splitting head ache.

I could smell disinfectant, painkillers and various soaps and musk scented aromatic candles?

My scream stopped.

I wasn’t being attacked. My parents weren’t in front of me, and there was no dark and solitude forest surrounding me, choking me.

Although…on my right side, sitting on a chair, stroking my arm comfortingly was Duncan.

‘Duncan?’ I managed to rasp out, my voice not quite adjusting yet. It was as if I hadn’t been conscious for a month, my body calling out for water.

Duncan seemed to manage a small smile on his lips, although his eyes were sad. He handed me a cup of what seemed to be water, and I took it greedily, sculling the lot of it.

‘How you feeling Hope?’ He smiled at me sweetly, shifting his chair towards me, leaning closer into my face.

‘I…I don’t really know to be honest. How long have I been out for?’ I asked worriedly, panicked that I had been out for longer than a few days as I had first guessed.

‘Ermm…’ He looked down at the clock beside my left side, sitting on a small white wooden table.

My gaze followed his own; a strain in my neck formed but quickly disappeared as it stretched out.

My hand reached up to the tender spot, Duncan noticing this, he reached over and placed a hand there also.

‘About 36 hours. You’ve been in and out, a bit delirious.’ He looked serious as he spoke of my ailments, and I grimaced slightly.

Then remembered…

‘What happened? How did you find me?’ My words not leaving my mouth quick enough. I wanted to know what had happened and how he found me.

‘Wait! Is Roman here?’ I looked around the room expectantly, but the hut like dwelling contained no one but me and Duncan, according to my superb hearing. I turned back to face Duncan, his eyes slightly glazed over within the dark confines of the candle lit room. The flames shadows flickered across his face lazily, juxtaposing his emotions.

‘No, I saved you this time Hope…’ He trailed off, slowly lowering his gaze and avoiding eye contact with me.

‘My uncle called me up, the rogue one. He told me a young girl was found wandering around outside of our boundaries, and got captured. I knew it was you.‘ I looked at him intensely as he halted into a whisper. I put a hand on his own which was resting on the space near my thigh. I squeezed as much as was physically possible for me, my body still weak form lack of movement and nutrients.

‘I told him to follow you, and wait ‘till I got there. He agreed, and followed you until I got there, Then we fought those absolute spineless dicks off of you. ‘His hand under my own was grasping dangerously to the sheets placed over me.

I nodded silently, forgetting that he wasn’t even looking at me.

‘This is my uncle’s house we are in now.’ He finally removed his eyes from the place he was staring at, and looked at me fully. His eyes shining brightly.

‘Stay here with me Hope.’

                                                                                  ***

Updated again! You proud guys? ;D Haha, not sure when the next one will be because I have exams this week and next week, but my holidays are soon! Hooray!

Anyways...4 Comments+10 Votes+Add to Library= Chapter up sooner!

P.S I need an editor...*Hint Hint* Inbox me, fellow writers if you are interested!

Thanks Heaps! XOX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 13.5K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
104K 3.3K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
8.5M 262K 37
The Runaway Mate Carly Faye isn't your average seventeen year old werewolf, she's anything but actually. Having lost everything that was important to...