Imagination is the key (stefa...

By GiBbErZz

Lillie Gilbert-like any given person, didnt believe in the supernatural...Until she found herself home. In My... More

Imagination is the key
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chaoter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chopter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
chapter thirty :)
chapter thirty-one
Chapter Thirty Two
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thrity eight
thirty nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter forty One
Chapter Forty-Two
chapter forty-three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixy-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty Three.
Chapter Sixy-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven.
Chapter Seventy-Eight.
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eight Four.
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six

chapter thirty three

3K 62 13
By GiBbErZz

Thankyou guiessss for all the reads and votes!! Its means soo much to me. I absolutely love writing this story and I have loads and loads of ideas planned out :D cant wait for yoou guiesssss to be able to read itt!!!!

Stefan drove the car around to the front of the house so that Hollee and I didn't have to walk too far in our heels, even though Hollee was far more than capable with walking in heels as was I, It was me that convinced Stefan that parking outside the house would be better and less tiresome for our legs. Even though I tend to wear heels more often than not nowadays (Thanks to Hollee's influence) I still didn't like walking places in them if i didn't have to. So i guess I kind off have to admit that I'm slightly lazy when it comes to walking...Or any other form of excersize.

We pulled up behind a black truck that was parked directly in front of the lockwoods porch. Something about that truck was awfully familiar, but the more I stared at it the harder it seemed to recall where I had seen it before. I noticed Hollee was looking at it as well a smile tugging at her lips.

Stefan stopped the car and the three of us got out. I walked around to the other side to stand next to Stefan and Hollee who was smoothing down the odd crease in her dress. I linked my arm through Hollee's and gave Stefan a smile.

"Thanks for today."

Stefan shook his head from side to side, a smile on his own face. "It wasn't a problem." He then turned to face Hollee. "It was nice to meet you."

Hollee gave him a polite smile. "You too, Stefan."

"I'll see you later" I called over my shoulder as Hollee and I started walking away.

I tightened my arm around Hollee's as we approached the black truck, something about it made me feel funny.Where the hell do I know that truck from?

"What's between you and Stefan?" Hollee's voice asked. I looked over at her and she was already looking at me curious.

I frowned. "What do you mean? Nothing."

Hollee shrugged as if it wasn't important. "It's just th-" Hollee stopped mid sentence and paused for a brief second. "Mason?!" Hollee called excitedly.

"Hollee?" A familiar masculine voice called back.

My head shot up to find where the voice came from and I froze on the spot, pulling Hollee to a hault next to me. Mason Lockwood was standing right in front of me.

My eyes widened in shock and my insides twisted.

Hollee didn't notice my hesitation or if she did she ignored it and greeted Mason with a large grin. She unlinked her arm from mine and moved forward, wrapping her arms around Mason's neck. Mason then locked his arms around her waist, lifting her slightly off of the ground...But his eyes never left mine. He was in as much shock as I was. Although I doubt he was as angry as I was. I could feel it begin to bubble up inside me as flashes of that night appear in my head.

My hands clench together at my side as they break apart.

"How've you been?" Hollee questioned, coming back to my side.

Mason grinned. "I've been great, how've you been? How's London?"

Hollee faultered slightly as the sound of London, but quickly pulled it back together before Mason was able to notice. Her smile was slightly more forced that it had been before but she continues to converse with him normally.

I blocked out most of their conversation, trying to just ignore Mason whole presence -It wasn't working very well. But i was still trying. I let my eyes raked over everyone that was milling around outside.

My gaze lingered on Tyler for a few moments as he stood politely just outside his front door, greeting everyone that turned up. He looked smart in his suit, but that didn't take my attention away from the conflicted emotions that seemed to flicker across his face.  I felt sorrow for Tyler, i knew how he felt...kind off. I mean I alway got along with my father but Tyler didn't. I think it was a rare occasion is they were even civil to each other, but it was still his dad that had died and he'll never be able to get him back.

I let my eye wonder again a little further and inwardly groaned why my eyes connected with the icy blue ones that just had to belong to Damon. He had spotted me before i saw him. His eyes were already firmly watching me.

My body filled with dread at just the thought of having to talk to him at some point today. I was scared. Not because i thought he's hurt me, but because i didn't want to know how much I hurt him.

Damon seemed to watch me with cold, hard eyes. His hands pressed against the wooden ridge along the porch, fingers curling tightly over the wood extremely tightly -I was surprised that he hadn't broken right throught it. His jaw was clenched stiffly as if trying to hold in the words he was dying to spit at me.

I bowed my head ever-so-slightly in his direction, showing him that i was acknowledging that he was there and that I had saw him. He didn't give much response and i would have been shocked if he had, but his eyes did flicker over Hollee and Mason questioningly. 

Hollee shuffled to the side of me and I looked away from Damon and over at her. She threw me a smile and hooked her arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close. She turned her attention back to back. "Mason, this here is l-"

"Lillie." Mason stated simply cutting her off. His eyes brushed over me, from head to toe and I immediatly began to feel uncomfortable. "You looked great." He complimented.

I forced a smile, even thought it felt more like a grimace and nodded. "Thank you, Mason."

Hollee frowned next to me, confused at to how I already knew Mason. "How-"

"Mason! Hollee!" Carol's voice called from the front door. All three of our heads turned to face her. She had a pleasent smile on her face, a bit strained but it was pleasent and not completely forced. She turned around and said something to Tyler who nodded and dissapeared inside the house, and then Carol walked down the porch steps over to us.

As soon as Carol had approached us, she immediatly pulled Hollee in for a hug and greeted Mason over Hollee's shoulder with a 'Hello.'

When Carol pulled away she wasn't smiling anymore. In fact she looked rather sad. Maybe it was that she was surrounded with Family again, no matter how distant they are, they've all lost the same person that was something for them.

"What are you doing here, Dear?" Carol asked Hollee.

Holle gave an apologetic smile. "We heard about Richard and I was the only one free. My parents sent me down to represent the family and to give you some moral support while they were unavailiable." She lied smoothly.

It was kind of alarming how good of a liar Hollee was, although I'm sure she would say the same for me.

"You shouldn't have come all this way...But I'm greatful. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you'd like." She offered kindly. She seemed to be thinking something over and then her whole face seemed to just light up. "I think I still have the room you claimed as yours free upstairs, why don't i take you on a tour of the house. I'm positive you haven't seen the new arrangements."

Hollee nodded. "That would be lovely."

Carol's smile reapeared and their was a hint more happiness than there was before. It was amazing what family could do for each other without realising it. It was kind of a beautiful thing, really.

Carol held her arm out for Hollee who grabbed a firm hold. But before Carol and Hollee went off, Carol turned to me. "Elena's inside, I think she was looking for you." 

How did she know I was here already?

"Thank you. I'll just go and find her."

The inside was croweded althought that wasn't surprising considering he was the mayor of the town but it was almost sufforcating. There were people everywhere. Just to get to a certain point in a room I had to squeeze inbetween people...Very closely. I'm convinced i've touch at least 3 people's butts just to get through the hall way.

When I finally managed to force my way into the dining room, I spotted Elena immediatly. I stopped where I was standing just in the door way and watched her back and she looked around the room.

I know i should just get it over and done with but Elena has alway had the tendency to freak out over the smallest of things...And this was pretty freaking huge. I mean I left the country without telling anybody, that sort off thing warrents a huge telling off...and grounding...forever...Never to see the light of day again...Oh god, I've ruined my life! Their never going to let me leave that stupid house again. I'm going to die alone, because of one stupid mistake. I'm going to wither up and die from lack of sunlight...I'm going to-

"Lillie?" 

I snappped back to reality, staring Elena right in the eye. She cocked her head to the side as she watched me.

Something was different about her, the air around her felt different...She didn't look the same either. Her hair was curled instead of the boring straightness that I constantly complain about...And her clothing. I didn't think she owned anything like that, if i was honest. Although it looked good. More than good she looked great.

I was so pre-ocupied with her look that I completely forget that she had said anything.

"Lillie, are you okay?" She asked carefully. Her eyes watched me carefully and there was somthing hidden in her eyes as she looked at me.

I shook my head and took a few steps away from her. I never liked standing close when we were arguing...I liked having room to turn and run away.

I licked over my lips. A nervous habit of mine. "You're not -erm- going to yell at me in front of all these people, are you?"

She seemed taken aback by my question. Confused almost. "Why would I yell at you?"

Now it was my turn to be confused. Has she been in an accident and lost her memory, cause that would be just great. I mean that would be totally awesome and all i'd have to deal with was Jenna...And Damon

"Are you okay?" I let slip out of my mouth.

Elena didn't get to answer as Stefan appeared beside her, looking extremely tense and he was almost angleing his body away from her.

"Elena." Stefan spoke unemotionlessly.

I frowned. "Are you guys okay?"

Elena giggled childishly. "Of course. We're perfect."

Stefan turned to Elena. "Would you like to take a walk with me, Elena." It was almost like he had trouble pronouncing Elena's name and just managed to spit it out.

Elena rolled her eyes, but held out her hand for Stefan to take. He didn't. He gave her a look and walked away, expecting her to follow.

I was beyond confused. I just wanted to blurt out 'What the hell, guys?' but Elena hasn't yelled at me yet so lets keep it that way.

"I hope to see you around, Lillie." Elena said with a wide grin, and then followed off in Stefan's direction.

I was left alone (Metaphorically, considering the mass of people in the room) and felt like i had missed way more than Stefan had informed me off.

I needed to get out of here, it felt like my brain was going to explode with the amount of confusing thoughts that were floating around in my mind. 

Again i pushed my way though the the amount of people. Although i was grateful that it was decreasing. People much have gotten bored and gone home. That was actually something that sounded quite appealing.

I made it to the porch without touching one butt, i was sort off proud of that achievement. Outside was much quieter than the inside. The afternoon had turned chilly, that was most likely why. I looked around and my eyes landed on Damon and... Elena? She was wearing different clothing than before, back to her plain-jane look.

I stayed rooted where I was and listened carefully. I know it was rude but I'd been away for a few days and i was beyond confused, maybe something they'll say will help enlighten me on some things.

"Damon, we have to talk about this." Elena insisted.

"There's nothing to talk about." Damon stated simply. He was lent against the railing looking over the front garden, his gaze never meeting Elena's. 

"Damon." Elena sighed.

Damon's jaw clenched together, agrivated. "I didn't want it to happen, Elena. I didn't want that."

"You think I did?" Elena questioned.

What happened. Some one say it out loud!

"I really don't care what you think right now. You kissed me, Elena."

My breath got caught in my throat at his words and my eyes widened. Oh my god...I take it back! I dont wanna know anymore!

I could feel hurt begining to spread through me slowly. I have no right to feel hurt, there's nothing to feel like that about. There was nothing between Damon and I...

My shoulders sagged as the words kept repeating over and over. 'You kissed me, Elena.' 

I swallowed and my hand lifted up to cover my mouth. I couldn't believe It.

I get that he was hurting when it happened...But he kissed me. 

And now he's kissed Elena as well. That's what had gotten Stefan so tense. His girlfriend and kissed his brother.

"That wasn't me, remember!" She snapped. 

Damon twisted to look at her, his eyes ablazed. He was angry...And sad.

He opened his mouth to say something but someone pushed past me as thet exited the house and shoved me forward. My heels clicking against the wood. Damon's head snaps towards me and his eyes widen slightly. Elena twisted to look at what caught his attention and narrowed her stare when they locked with mine.

I took a few tentive steps toward them both. Not particully wanting to be in either of their presence.

"Hey." I whispered, looking down, my eyes following the curve of my shoes.

"Where have you been?!" Elena asked angrily. She moved so she was right in front of me.

Wait. Why's she angry now, but not earlier? 

I looked up at her, my brows furrowed and my head cocked to the side. "You're angry?"

She looked at me as If i had two head. "Of course I'm angry with you. What would fool you into thinking i wasn't?"

"Well, you didn't yell at me earlier."

She paused. "Earlier? This is the first time i've seen you since you got back."

I shook me head slowly. "Noo, you were talking to me inside, and then you went out on a walk with Stefan."

Elena looked alarmed at my words. "Wait. I went on a walk with Stefan?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Although, if you don't remember it..."I said trailing off at the end.

Elena looked panicked, she twisted her head around, her eyes darting over everything. "I've -erm- got to go and find Stefan."

I didn't even get to say 'goodbye' before she was dissapearing inside...Leaving me alone with Damon. 

I couldn't look at him after what i'd just heard. I mean, it's Damon, should I expect any less?

"You ran out on me." Damon accused. The wood of the railing creaking under Damon's harsh grip. "And then dissapear for three day. Ignored all of my calls. Then phoned my brother."

I looked at him, my eyes narrowed. "You know that me leaving you that night was the best decision. You were hurt and just trying to cope by using me. I wasn't going to let that happen. That's not who I am, Damon."

Damon glared angrily down at me. "I was hurt, yes. Of course I was, but I wasn't using you."

I scoffed. "Yeah, of course you weren't. I mean, you kiss me and then i dissapear and you kiss Elena. That doesn't give off that kind of message at all." I retorted sarcastically. "Look, I'm sorry, if you were worried when i was gone, but I can't deal with this right now. I just want to go home and go to sleep."

I looked away from him and tugged down the sleeves of my jumper, over my hands. I sighed heavily. I knew there was going to be some arguing with Damon and I when i got back but i had hoped that we would have been able to resolve it. 

But the force of the hurt that he's just caused, didn't allow me to be forgiving or to even let him talk.

Damon opened his mouth to snip something back but i shook my head. "Don't." I said. "You've done enough."

I left Damon standing there behind me and i walked down the porch steps. I could feel his eyes burning into my back and i wanted so badly to just turn around, give him a smile and for that to be that but i just couldnt bring my self to do it.

I didn't expect Jenna or anyone else to be home when I arrived and was shocked to see uncle John standing in the middle of the living room, bag thrown over his shoulder, staring at me with wide eyes.

I slammed the front door shut behind me, kicked off my heels and left them lying my the door.

"Leaving already, huh?" I asked.

John shifted from foot to foot. "It seems i've over stayed my welcome."

I walked to the stairs and stood on the first step, peared over the banister at John. "Well don't let the door hit you on the way out."

With that said, i continued my way up the stairs into my room. John sighed heavily behind me, but i ignored it.

I stripped off the jumper as soon as i was in my room, threw it on my bed and wondered into the bathroom.

After a long hot shower, i quickly changed into some light Pj's. I walked into my room, running a comb through my hair and jumped in fright when i noticed Damon perched on the edge of my bed.

I swallowed thickly as i entered further. "What are you doing here, Damon?"

Damon's head popped up from resting in his hands and watched me. His eyes were glassy and bloodshot. He was drunk.

Dread begain to fill me body.

"You didn't let me talk earlier."

"I didn't want to listen to what you had to say." I replied bluntly. Placed the comb on my table.

A gust of cold air enveloped me and then Damon was standing right in front of me. His nose brushing against mine.

My hands shook at my side and i swallowed again, almost as if i could swallow the bad feeling arising inside me.

His hand came up to cup my cheek. "I didn't kiss you that night because I was using you. I kissed you because I wanted to."

I shook my head, disbelieving. "You're just saying things now."

"No, no, no, no." Damon repeated in hushed whisper, his other hand lifting up to cup the other cheek, his thumbs lazily brushed over my cheekbones. "I wanted to kiss you, and when Elena kissed me...I wanted it to be you."

I released a large breath, my shoulder deflating. Elena and him kissed.  That was all i could pick out from what he said.

I grabbed a hold of his hands and bought them away from my face, backing as far away from him as i could. Shaking my head as i went. "I don't believe you, Damon. You're a liar, it's what you do. You decieve people for your own personal gain and don't feel bad about it. I'm not going to be used by you, Damon. You're the kind of person people try their hardest not to be."

Damon's body went ridged and his eyes harded, lips curled back slightly. 

"Hey i-" I turned to see Jeremy and Elena standing in the doorway watching me and Damon.

No one got to say another word before Damon made his move. He was across the room in a flash, hands wrapped around Jeremy's neck. Damon's eyes never left mine. "The one word you really wanted to say was monster...Here you go then."

Snap.

The sound of Jeremy's neck breaking echoed around the room. My breath caught, eyes widened with fear and disbelieve. Damon dropped his hands to his side, letting Jeremy fall to the ground with a thud.

"NO!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 132 45
Nevaeh Gilbert, sister to Elena Gilbert, she is loving and caring Gilbert. Will she fall in love with Stefan or Damon.
332K 7.3K 24
• 2nd book of The Gilbert Sister series • (S2) Torn between whats right and wrong Damons choices might just get some he loves killed. Determined to...
921K 24.1K 45
When Jennifer Fell gets the worst news of her life, she is faced with a decision. Can she stay in Mystic Falls and take over her father's position on...
88.1K 1.2K 191
Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town steeped in rich history and tradition, which is quaint as long as it doesn't point to a tragic and sordid p...