Limelight

By seventhirty3pm

Limelight parts 1,2, will all be included in this book. Part 3 will be separate. All her life Delilah Smith... More

Dear Reader
Cast
Fame
The Bronx
The Limelight
My Crème De La Crème
Whip Appeal
Breaking News
People Make The World Go Round
The Joneses' Boy
Encounters
Addition To Part One Cast
Adventures In The Bronx
The Show
The Papers, The Beginning
Daddy's Word
Exhibit A. Coming Out
There But For The Grace Of God Go I
Arosing Conflicts
Home
When Fate Calls
Road To Glory
Road To Glory Part 2
Destiny
Next Big Thing
The Bad, The Ugly
Brewing Plans
A Different Route
Killa's Kill
Something Like Resolutions
California Dreaming
Solo Jackson
Reunited
With Ruin Comes Hope
The Closer We Get
With Hope Comes Ruin
There's A Candle For The Darkness
About-Faces
Pleasure & Pain
Portrait Of Havoc
Shades Of Gray
Voyage To Hollywood
Dear Reader
Cast
Legally Misguided
Talking Business
Chasing Inspiration
The Start Of The Beginning
He's The Greatest Dancer
Lights, Camera, Action
Time Is Of The Essence
Hollywood Swinging
Boogie Oogie Oogie
The Thrill Of It All
Addition To Part Two Cast
There's A Key For Locked Doors
'Tis The Season
Business Vs Pleasure
Never Can Say Goodbye
Time Waits For No One
Life In Oz
Bees, Buzz, And Honey
City Of Angels, Land Of Demons
Upside Down
All Is Fair In Love And War

A Night To Remember

560 27 118
By seventhirty3pm

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK . If you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

Manhattan, July 12th
1977

" Welcomeee Earth, Wind and Fire." the announcer roared throughout the place.

The stage lights flashed and the music sounded throughout the venue.

Delilah, Valentina, and Alyssa all dressed in red dresses moved in sync with each other— snapping their fingers and rocking their hips side to side.

" Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed.

" Midnight creeps so slowly into hearts of men who need more than they get
Daylight deals a bad hand to a woman who has laid too many bets
The mirror stares you in the face and says, Baby, uh, uh, it don't work."

" You say your prayers though you don't care." the girls shook their shoulders and leaned towards their mics.

The past year had been a roller coaster. First the music video for Ain't No Stopping Us Now debuted making it the song of last summer. Then the day after they shot the video, they performed the first show of LLR's tour in Brooklyn.

During the tour, multiple doors opened for the Soul Madonna's — Earth, Wind, and Fire took interest in them along with other major names in the industry. The Soul Madonna's weren't just the ladies singing backup for McFadden and Whitehead, they were the vocalist that many yearned to work with.

" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland."

Delilah felt a sudden heat as she strutted forward and sang. " love in the world can't be gone
All the need to be loved can't be wrong
All the records are playing and my heart keeps saying
boogie wonderland, wonderland." she stepped back to join them again.

" Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed.

Delilah strutted forward again" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland."

" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland. Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed. " Dance, boogie wonderland."

Delilah and Alyssa smiled at each other as the breakdown began and the stage lights swirled around. Delilah loved this specific part when Maurice, the lead, would come and egg her to dance with him.

It was a simple reminder each time that she used to sit in one of Barbra's styling chairs watching their faces on a small screen and now she was here living it.

Delilah laughed as he bumped hips with her and she knew that it was a sign that her cue was coming. Tonight they wanted to try something new for the last song and performance of this tour.

She danced along with him as he dipped and twirled her every which way before she was being lifted in the air by two hands. Her mic remained in her hand as they slowly turned her around.  She was in Larry's grasps – the tallest in the large group. 

"All the love in the world can't be gone
All the need to be loved can't be wrong
All the records are playing and my heart keeps saying
boogie wonderland, wonderland."

She seemed closer to the bright stage lights but Delilah still kept a smile once noticing the sea of people in the audience for a brief moment before she felt her feet touching the stage again and she strutted forward.

" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland
I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland."

" Dance, boogie wonderland
Dance, boogie wonderland."

...

The crowd cheered as everyone bowed, closing the curtains to the last performance of Limelight's tour.

Backstage was an entirely different experience in its self. First, there was an expected thrill the audience gave you when the song faded into nothingness. Then came the unexpected, the variety of people clapping and cheering you on as you walked to your dressing room.

Michael waited there with a smile and handed Delilah her favorite roses. " Thank you." she smiled brightly as he kissed her cheek.

" I'll be waiting by my dressing room." he told her before they were being showered with compliments again.

The girls said their thank you's as they walked down the opening the crowd made, most likely for the main event, but it still felt good that they were being acknowledged as well.

" Can you believe we just finished a tour? " Delilah spoke over the loudness around them–tilting her head back in disbelief.

" Girl I've been pinching myself since Brooklyn! " Alyssa laughed as they approached their dressing room.

Robert was there near the door talking to Carlitos along with Bobby and a few others before he spotted them. " Girls, how did this last performance feel? Manhattan has a different ring doesn't it?" he projected his voice once a group walked passed chanting the number fifty-four with Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Delilah laughed before nodding. " Tonight was amazing like all the others Mr. Flack."

He shook his head before placing both of his hands on Delilah's shoulders. " For the last time kid its Robert. " he led them into their dressing room and closed the door. " Bobby was thinking about putting you girls on a record with Curtis Mayfield or Teddy Pendergrass... maybe both." he said causing Alyssa and Delilah to look at each other with the same glint of excitement in their eyes.

Alyssa playfully checked herself out in the mirror. " We're officially high-class major league."

Robert let out a slight laugh causing Alyssa to glance over her shoulder and wink his way.

This encounter was brief yet Delilah always seemed to catch on to subliminal messages like this.

Her right brow lifted as she peered Robert's way and he cleared his throat. " So, You girls going to the after-party or what?"

" Hells yeah." Alyssa picked her fro. " Where at?"

He slowly walked towards her seat and tapped his fingers against it, knowing that she was anxious for his response. " Ever heard of the new club Studio 54?"

" Oh shit ... everybody that's somebody be in that joint!" Alyssa nudged the stunned Delilah.

Robert nodded and began to walk backwards towards the door. " Well, I'll work out the age situation. I'm sure getting the Soul Madonnas in won't be too hard just let me do the talking." He winked earning a crooked smirk from Alyssa.

Valentina sighed quietly yet it was still loud enough to get their attention " Count this Soul Madonna out, I'm calling it a night." Valentina said completely unenthused as she packed her makeup – feeling everyone's eyes on her, Alyssa's specifically.

" Jewelz? You fucking kidding right?" Alyssa frowned.

" Um." Robert paused. " I'll give you girls some time, the party starts at nine...by the way, so I left a little something back at the hotel for the occasion." he placed his finger over his lips.

Alyssa waited for the door to close then cut her eyes at Valentina. " Yo, What's up with you – you never turn down a party—"

" Lyssa come on you know... you know." Delilah butted in but Alyssa's harsh tone didn't change.

" And?... He's gone yeah but you know the saying if you live by the gun you die by it... Troy chose the path he went down."

Valentina shook her head and gave her a small laugh although she wasn't amused. " Don't judge him — you didn't even know him like I did."

A laugh emitted from Alyssa this time as she paused from applying her lipstick. " Save that shit. When he was alive you treated him like a dog like you did all the others and if his ass was still alive guess what - you'd still treat him like shit." she gave her a quick once over- ignoring the way Valentina trembled at the impact of her words.

Valentina zipped her clutch with force before turning to look at Alyssa with tear-filled eyes. " You know you really been smelling yourself ever since you gave it up."

They stared at each other. " Well, at least I gave it up to a real man instead of a dumb ass boy who I never claimed and who wasn't smart enough to stay alive-"

" Alyssa! " Delilah exclaimed as she watched Valentina storm towards the door.

She yanked the door open and peered at Alyssa who was staring back at her with a smug smirk. " I can see right through your ass. You wanna judge every fucking body but this time I'm reading you like a fucking book and your chapters tell me that you ain't really happy with your so-called man."

" Oh really?"

" Yes really bitch because if you were you wouldn't be fucking Robert! " Valentina hollered leaving the room echoing with her words and the sounds coming from behind the door.

Delilah sat there watching her sister's face intently until the sound of Valentina slamming the door on her way out caused her to flinch.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and turned back to her reflection. " Bitch just mad she ain't get it first." she mumbled under her breath.

...

Michael had been sitting in his dressing room for a while now, under the impression that he was alone.

In his hand was a small box– a ring that he had been staring at contemplating but also planning his night little by little.

" Just ask her." he mumbled to himself and rubbed his hands over his face. He wanted to make what they had official, but over the year he thought it was too soon every time he'd attempt.

His mother always said rushing a relationship led down a hole of confusion and heartbreak once you discover who they really are, but Michael remained conflicted because he felt like he knew her at 'Hello'.

" Damn I need my best man suit already?" Marlon spoke up from behind him.

Michael rolled his eyes with a slight grin and shook his head. " I should've known I wasn't alone."

" Yeah well, you better hide that because the rest of them coming in about three, two-"

The door burst open and in came Tito then Jackie laughing about the scene in the hall. " Hell this backstage party is already blazing just imagine how it's gonna be at fifty-four." Jackie downed his glass of champagne before flopping on the couch.

Michael smiled a bit and discreetly slid the box in his pocket.

He was in the eye of the storm when it came to the situation with his brothers, a gray area.

Since "Destiny" was their first platinum record since platinums became a thing earlier last year — the buzz about his solo career simmered down. He was relieved that things were finally getting back to what he accepted as normal, him, his brothers, the Jacksons.

Michael was willing to bear with the void inside him for the sake of his family being content.

Tito grabbed his jacket and let out a breath. " Since Mike is gonna take forever to leave this damn dressing room I'm heading out." he turned to leave just when the door sprung open - bringing the loudness of backstage into the room before Bobby closed the door.

" Great show boys - you really outdid yourselves with this last performance."

" Well you know they say go out with a bang." Jackie popped his collar.

Bobby smirked his way. " You boys went out with a boom which is why I planned this party to let you guys let loose, relax those tense shoulders we had a long year, but before you leave we have a few things to talk about." he took his time sitting down on the stool close by.

Michael watched him through the mirror and sat back in his seat when hearing Bobby's infamous sigh fill the room.

" Now the Jacksons gave me my first platinum record - which makes you boys the hottest on Limelight records." he paused and Michael found himself waiting for the but.
" However, this industry moves fast, a platinum album won't hold as much value as it would in a month or two. I've been talking to a few of my connects and they have a song for you."

" That's good." Marlon perked up. " Just give us the when."

" Tonight."

" Tonight?" they stared at him with the same bulging eyes.

" Look I knew you wouldn't want to mix your night with business and pleasure, but that's the life of a superstar."

The life of a superstar, Michael had never been irritated by those words a day in his life until now.

In his mind, he'd dance the night away with Delilah until their knees gave out. Then he'd take her out to dinner- at a fancy place downtown where it'd be the perfect opportunity to ask her to be his girl.

Michael rolled his eyes as he clenched the jewelry box in his jacket. " So this will just be a random single to keep the momentum up?"

" Exactly the first song on the Jacksons' next album... Goin' Places."

" Hold on, already?" Marlon spun around in his seat. " 'Destiny' only been out for like a year and multiple songs from it are still circulating on the radio - everywhere we go."

Bobby stood from the stool and gave them a slight smile. " The decision is final so be ready to make an early dismissal tonight... I'm sorry but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to ... go places." He left out leaving them in silence until Jackie smacked his teeth.

" After a year straight of working our ass off, all the studio sessions, all the interviews, all the shows."

" Only to do it all over again." Marlon shook his head.

" I guess that's what we asked for... we had a long enough break when we went off the charts. I think he knows that we gotta push ourselves to get back to where we used to be." Michael removed his shirt before sitting back in his seat.

Delilah, on the other hand, shifted in hers." Lyssa, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you really sleeping with him?"

" Girl ain't shit wrong with me and it ain't none of yo damn business. I'm tired of her ungrateful ass mopping around like we're not blessed to be traveling around the goddamn country."

" Since when did mourning have a time limit, huh? Troy's mistakes weren't worth his life how can you be so selfish?"

" Who you calling selfish?"

" You! "

" You calling me selfish after I put my life on hold to go on this tour for you because you're too scared to do anything without me holding your hand like you're a damn baby. Grow the hell up you're about to be eighteen."

Delilah's jaw clenched as she eyed her side profile for only a moment before she was storming out this time in search of Valentina.

Michael was in the middle of discussing things with his brothers and Bobby outside of his dressing room until he saw her rushing. " Ugh one moment." he pointed before jogging her way.

" Delilah wait slow down girl! " Michael laughed a bit, gently grabbing her by the arm. " You leaving me? I was wondering if we could maybe go out to eat before this long night. Parties like this can last forever sometime trust me." Michael smirked not realizing her wandering eyes until now.

He let go of her and placed his hands in his pockets. " So what about it?"

" About what?"

" Dinner– are you alright?"

" Oh." Delilah sighed and pressed her temples. " Look I'd love to but right now ain't a good time... but later we can."

Michael managed to hide his slight disappointment. " Ugh later isn't good – unfortunately Bobby's pushing us to start the next album." he said causing her to mumble a quiet 'oh' and he replied with a quiet ' yeah'.

" Well, at least we can spend some time tonight."

" Save me a dance?"

" Yeah, I'm sure you'll have me dancing all night." Delilah smiled before he was left to watch her.

" Tough break kid...maybe next time." Marlon gripped his shoulder, earning a playful glare from Michael as they shoved each other back to the rest of them.

...

Carlitos drove her back to the hotel and when she finally got in the darkness of their room she called out Valentina's name and felt around for the light.

She walked straight passed the lounge room on the left and the bedroom door on the right.

The first place she thought to look was the bathroom straight ahead where light seeped through the cracks of the door.

" Tina come on I know you in there. Can I please come in?"

Silence followed after her and she sighed – resting her head on the door to listen to the soft sobs.

" Please open the door, I don't want you in here all alone."

Valentina shook her head. She never let anyone see her cry – she did too much of that as a child and it was weak to her...Weak was the last thing she wanted anyone to think she was.

Her first time crying in front of Delilah was the day she found out that Troy died and now she was seconds away from letting Delilah see her cry again. She wanted to scream for her to leave her alone so badly but she knew Delilah wouldn't leave her crying to her self all night.

Valentina loved and hated that about her best friend. Delilah was such a caring person but at the same time, Delilah could be demanding without even knowing it.

Reluctantly she reached her hand up for the knob and without a doubt, Delilah came through the door at the sound of it unlocking.

Valentina sat wrapped in Delilah's arms for a while without saying a word - it just felt good to be held like a mother would hold a daughter in times like this.

" Alyssa may have been a bitch about it but she was right about me. I was gonna drop his ass as soon as I saw him again. I was so blind to how much he cared for me until it was too late." Valentina glanced up at the ceiling to avoid any tears. " But hey what's done is done right - can't change the past right so I might as well move the fuck on and stop crying like a little bitch."

" What – Wait, Tina." Delilah followed her out of the large bathroom and through the double doors of their bedroom. " I know what you doing you tryna avoid your emotions."

" I'm not avoiding shit. Look around why am I mopping around when life is like this."

" Because mourning don't gotta time limit."

Valentina paused for a moment and pressed the dress to her body. " How you feeling this dress Robert got for me?"

Delilah stared at her blankly for she hated how Valentina was so quick to change the subject when points were made. " I wish you would just open up to me for once–"

" And I wish you'd fucking drop the conversation!" Valentina snapped and to her surprise Delilah did what she asked, snatching her clothes for the night before she let her be.

Once the door closed Valentina let out a breath and peered into the mirror across from her pondering her final decision.

...

" On two-fifty-four West fifty fourth street, between Eighth Avenue and Broadway is the newest and hottest nightspot in Manhattan, New York – Studio 54. In celebration of Limelight record's tour, owner Bobby Coleman is throwing what is already being deemed the hottest party of the decade. I, RadioRic, unfortunately, couldn't make an appearance but I advise you not to be like me and scurry midtown before it's too late."

Bill turned the radio down and smiled as Jackie and Marlon poked at him through the partition. " Aye man what you all jazzed up for? Ready to meet some birds tonight?"

" A little fly dove for big guy?" They snickered at the suit that matched his light complexion. Bill simply shook his head and smiled upon them arriving to the scene.

Already the place was packed with those important enough to get past the velvet rope and those who wished they were.

Bill followed the directions and came to a stop in front of the entrance where the semi-long red carpet led to the vibrant flashing lights on the inside.

A tall somewhat corpulent Hispanic bodyguard opened the limo door and in reaction, the people in the line screamed messages of admiration their way in a delirious manner.

Michael waved politely to them while his brothers entertained them just to get a quick kick out of the girls that swooned over them.

" Jackson's looking good fellas... Congrats on the album by the way." Steve Rubell, the co-owner of Studio 54, smiled and handed Jackie a service bell. " Mr. Coleman is waiting for you in section B and like I told him ring twice for pharmaceuticals, three for secret... services." he winked their way, but instead of joking around like his brothers Michael walked through the beads draping down the entrance.

The hypnotic rhythm of Heatwave's Boogie Nights was midway towards its end as the dance floor reigned with liveliness.

Boogie nights
Feels so right when you got the feeling
Boogie nights
Hold it tight get to keep on dealing
Dance with the boogie get high
'Cause boogie nights are always the best in town

This was Michael's first experience here since it became a nightclub and within seconds he couldn't decide where to look. Marlon read up about the club in a magazine back at the hotel that stated that its capacity was no more than a thousand, yet the place was flooded with people at every corner.

Bill led them to section B where most of the artists from the label remained talking among themselves or posing for the photographer's pictures.

" Jacksons this way! " another cameraman blurted from beside them. The flash nearly blinded him, but he still managed to smile with his brothers.

" Man this is crazy, Randy's insane for missing out on this." Marlon practically screamed over the loudness surrounding them. " Just look at the women here."

Michael nodded although it was dismissive more than anything. His eyes continued to scope their section yet there wasn't a sign of McFadden nor Whitehead, Robert nor Carlitos and more specifically - the Soul Madonnas.

He checked his watch knowing that his time there was limited and his eyes began to wander again.

Bobby called out to him. "Ay! Mike you made it come have a seat next to me superstar." he patted hastily, placing his arm around Michael once he did so. " I have someone to introduce." Bobby pointed as Michael eyed the young man sitting on the other side of Bobby.

His complexion brown, eyes covered with dark shades, and head slightly tilted up while he sat there bobbing his head - seeming to be in his own world.

" This is my newest prodigy, Stevie Wonder." Bobby tapped Stevie's shoulder.

Michael gave a small smile and waved, yet Stevie still had his head tilted slightly.

" Dammit, I almost forgot– the kid has no sight but has the perfect vision when it comes to music."

" Oh, hey Stevie I'm Michael — Michael Jackson." They shook hands before indulging in brief conversation.

Five minutes had passed of Michael sitting there trying to busy himself with conversation - yet internally he kept wondering where Delilah could be.

Earth, Wind & Fire's Lets Groove sent people running towards the dance floor as the girls walked through the beads behind McFadden, Whitehead, Carlitos, and Robert.

Gonna tell what you can do with my love
Alright
Let you know girl
You're looking good, you're out of sight
Alright
Just move yourself
And glide like a seven-forty-seven
And lose your self in the sky
Among the clouds in the heavens 'cause

" Yo are you seeing what I'm seeing? Check this out! " Valentina let out a slight squeal, watching a train of half-naked women walk pass— holding naked male blow-up dolls with exaggerated genitals.

Delilah's eyes widened at the sight as Robert turned to them. " These parties as you can see can get a little wild–so brace yourselves girls and follow me."

Section B was nearly full of people from the artists, the entourages, producers, and all the tastemakers that Bobby knew.

However, beyond the sea of different faces, Delilah's eyes spotted Michael in the act of his eyes spotting her.

It was almost at an instant, his posture straightened and he wreathed in smiles.

Delilah's lips twisted into a smirk before she unhooked her arms from Valentina and Alyssa, her eyes still fixated on him. " Uh I'll be back."

" Yeah sure you will." Alyssa smirked giving her a dismissive wave.

Michael observed her while she eased passed everyone with polite excuse me's.

She wore a short silver dress designed entirely with large sequin circles. The dress had a v cut low to the beginning of her stomach and in the moment when she turned around to pick up what she dropped — he could see her exposed back.

He was stunned to see her revealed this way — trying to direct his eyes somewhere else for he'd hate to seem rude for staring at her body.

Michael licked his lips as she sat closer to him than he expected causing his mouth to part at her sweet scent. " You look beautiful." he stated, absentmindedly wrapping his arm around her to move her curls to one side.

A chill ran down her back and she smiled to excuse any embarrassment. " Um... you look beautiful too— I mean no not beautiful you look ..." Delilah sighed and bashfully covered her face causing Michael to hide his laugh.

Bobby struggled to stand while he tapped his glass. " Cheers to success and cheers to the dance floor! " he pointed causing nearly everyone to follow in his footsteps.

Delilah and Michael were one of the few that remained and while they were sitting there she couldn't stop stealing glances at him until she felt that it was safe to stare.

She loved how he wore his button-ups with his chest revealed a bit— usually, it was four buttons but tonight she could see that it was five on his black silk shirt as he remained watching everyone party.

Delilah, on the other hand, couldn't keep her eyes off his slim body in all black. She leaned on his arm to get his attention. " I thought you were gonna make me dance the night away with you." 

Michael smirked and shook his head. " See I was trying not to ruin your pretty look but since you insist." he stood then unexpectedly scooped her into his arms earning a loud squeal from her.

Let's Groove was still spinning as he carried her to the dance floor— stopping occasionally when people got in the way or a photographer asked to take their picture.

He placed her down just as the record switched to Foxy's Get Off.

Music may ease and end all discretion
So we can get off
We keep under the sheets with two lovelys
So we can get off
Said I hope that we get the promise, ladies
And make me get off
Take it from girls with our imagination
So we can get off
Call me up at your place, I can love you crazy
In the heat you will understand
Danger and excitement, that's what makes a lady
Find out what she wants in a man

He had her laughing at his silly movements while he forced her to join him by spinning her around.

Their fun seemed endless, they were the soberest in the room yet their high was stronger than everyone surrounding them.

Song after song and hit after hit played before the DJ spoke causing the two to finally control their feet.

" Time to cool down by raising the fire." the DJ spoke threw the loudspeaker before the beginning whispers of Johnny " Guitar " Watson's Superman Lover filled the place.

Is it a bird, is it a plane?
But beyond is lover
Is it a bird, is it a plane?
It's the superman lover

Michael circled her steadily to the beat as she glanced over her shoulders to watch him for she knew that he was up to something by the way he stared her down from head to toe then suddenly he grabbed her hands.

I'm stronger than a locomotive, yeah
That old saying is true
But I can't understand sometimes, babe
Why I'm so weak for you

She laughed while he spun her into him until she realized how close her back was pressed against him as he moved his hips side to side and gently placed his fingertips on her thigh.

His breath softly touched her neck causing her mouth to part before her body began to sway like his although she felt like she'd go numb if he kept it up.

Her eyes were hesitant to glance over her shoulder at him – his playfulness had vanished and now he was focused on her – unapologetically increasing the temperature.

She didn't expect him to act like this with her in public, in her mind everyone was watching but gradually she felt herself not caring.

She swallowed when he moved her hair to the side again and traced the chain of the necklace he bought her.

Delilah closed her eyes as his finger trailed down the center of her back until she felt him move from her causing her eyes to flutter open, seeing his face in front of her now.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her lower back, rubbing his thumb against her revealed skin. " Just follow my motions."

She nodded as she wrapped her arms around his neck following his hip movements. Michael thought that now was the time to reach in his pocket and ask her but his brothers approached them — telling him that his time was up.

" Joseph is parked outside with Bill as we speak to check us out the hotel." Jackie motioned for him to come.

" Can I just have a minute?" Michael gritted before Marlon intervened.

" Jackie back up you heard the man give him a minute." he insisted.

Michael sighed once they left for he didn't know how to conjure the question now and even when he found something to say Delilah spoke before him.

" Don't worry bout me if you need ta go then go I understand."

" No I mean I do have to leave but I—" he began yet was cut off by the screams of people.

" Oh my god, It's Riva Love! "

" What?" Delilah gasped – breaking her focus from him to look as the crowd parted to give the superstar a clear path.

Riva Loves's I Want Your Love replaced Johnny at an instant for the shine was on Riva as she stood and removed her shades.

Do you feel, like you ever want
to try my love and see how well it fits?
Baby, can't you see when you look at me?
I can't kick this feeling when it hits
Oh, all alone, in my bed at night
I grab my pillow and squeeze it tight
I think of you
And I dream of you,
all of the time
What am I gonna do?

Riva mouthed the words and let out a slight laugh at the people praising her for being in their presence.

Delilah wasn't aware that she was only a foot away from her idol until Riva glanced her way and smiled at her stiffness.

" Aren't you just the cutest." Riva touched Delilah's chin and chuckled before proceeding to her section.

Delilah let out a breath of disbelief. " Oh my God, Oh my God— she touched me she spoke to me — Michael—" she began to ramble on but stopped when she saw that he was gone.

...

Back in section b, Bobby had just taken a seat to talk with Don Cornelius. " I'm surprised you showed up."

Don shrugged. " Yeah well, you're the only motherfucker I know to throw a party like this on a Tuesday."

Bobby chuckled.

" So I heard the Jacksons went platinum – I told you that you shouldn't underestimate them."

" Yeah? The only reason is because of Michael... he was the main one staying in the studio hell sometimes he was the only one there. My mind hasn't changed Don... I'm still rushing their next album and I don't care how much you like any song on there... don't play it on the show. And I need you to get in contact with RadioRic, Jazzy Casey, all the stations — tell them that the album is not to be played."

" Are you insane man? You know this affects you and your wallet. You're already blowing too much money now."

Bobby shook his head and peered at the dancing people. " Trust me I've been in the business long enough to know that you need to go for bigger and better by any means... For instance." he pointed. " Riva Love— just left Swiss Records." he glanced over to Don with a sly smirk while Don shook his head and sipped his drink.

...

Delilah and Alyssa were in the middle of talking to Stevie after they recognized him when Robert approached them.

" I think Valentina had a little too much to drink... She's out of her mind." he pointed towards the bar that she remained dancing on, stumbling, and drinking from the bar tender's bottle.

Alyssa's weight shifted to one side. " Yo, you gotta be fucking kidding me. What the hell is this crazy bitch doing?"

They rushed towards her as she began to shout Spanish profanities at the bartender who tried to stop her from removing her dress.

" Tina... Valentina get down!"

She yanked away from Delilah then smiled when she realized it was them. " Awn my g-girls... I love you so much Delilah and you - I'm mad at you bitch but - but I love you foreva too."

Alyssa side-eyed her as she drunk from the bottle again. " Alright... you know what it's time for your ass to get the fuck outta here. Come on get your ass down."

" No - I'm having fun, you want some? You need some." Valentina laughed and gave her the bottle.

Delilah put her hands on her face while they battled back and forth before Delilah finally pulled Valentina down by the arms.

" Damn girl... you're s-strong as hell." she slurred sending Delilah's eyes to the back of her head. " Hey listen I don't wanna leave man- the party just getting started." she tried to dance but again Delilah pulled her away.

" I don't care we're leaving ... now! "

Valentina escaped Delilah's grip and rushed back, but Alyssa was there to grab her. " Get a fucking hold of yourself girl what the fuck." she pushed her through the beads and outside of the club.

" Stop fucking touching me - get o-off me! " Valentina attempted to fight but Delilah grabbed her - pressing her against the bricks of the building.

" Yo what all did she drink- calm her down."

" What the fuck it look like I'm doing Lyssa huh? "

Valentina was acting out in a way the two of them never seen her before. Screaming, cursing, swinging, and crying.

" Jewelz please relax - we can't let you go back in until you relax."

" No fuck that-" Alyssa intervened and roughly shook Valentina's shoulders. " You fucking embarrassing! Get your shit together!" Alyssa let go of her with a hard push.

Valentina's loudness faded into a soft cry as she slid down to the ground causing Alyssa and Delilah to stare at her in disbelief along with the bystanders still waiting to get in the club.

A/n

Risked it all to update - hope you enjoyed it. Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 326 8
|| 2022 MJFAs FINALIST ; BEST SHORT STORY || 𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑬𝑳 𝑱𝑨𝑪𝑲𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝑹𝑶𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑹𝑻 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒓𝒂 **MATURE C...
84.8K 1K 32
"𝙎𝙖𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙, 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖...
18K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...
151K 6.6K 73
⚠️ Copyright © 2018 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...