Monsters and Magic

By nekoamamori

You're a vampire who helps the Avengers defeat an evil seethe of vampires. Loki befriends you after you end u... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94

Chapter 21

17.2K 567 188
By nekoamamori

 Loki stood and whirled to turn and face Thor. "No way. I'm not leaving, not when we finally just got Y/N back!" he protested loudly, magic sparking around his fingers in his agitation and distress. He didn't want to leave you when you were finally safe. Especially when they just got you home yesterday.

"It's Father's orders. He sent one of the ravens. We must return home. It will be a short visit only, Brother, just long enough so he can see for himself that you're worthy,"

"How did he find out already?" Loki demanded in a growl.

Thor gave him a look that he was being stupid. "You know I have to send him updates and the ravens check up on us while we're here. So of course I told him. I'm proud of you, Brother, and wished to share your accomplishment with the rest of our family," Thor explained.

"I can't just leave Y/N!" Loki protested again, almost desperately.

"It's alright, Lokes, if you have to go home..." you told him softly. He ran his fingers through your hair.

"I'm not leaving you, kitten," he replied firmly.

"Stubborn, noodle," you replied.

"I just got you back," he told you just as firmly. "I'm not leaving you. Hydra is going to try to get you back," he added. He and Thor seemed to be at an impasse. Thor thought quickly about how to fix it.

"You heal quickly, lady, it's one of the few perks of your affliction," Thor addressed you finally. "I'll stall Father for at least a few days, long enough to you to recover physically from your ordeal with Hydra. Then you can come to Asgard with us," Thor suggested.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Father is never going to willingly allow a Midgardian into Asgard," he told Thor. Odin was notorious about not wanting Midgardians, or mortals in his realm.

"I'll fix it with Father. He'll understand that you would refuse to leave your lady, especially when we borrowed the ravens to help rescue her," Thor replied reasonably.

Loki thought that over, then looked to you. "Darling, would you be alright with coming with us?" he asked. He would agree to this plan without you on board.

"Are you kidding? A chance for a Midgardian to see Asgard!? Of course I want to go!" You bounced up from the couch excitedly and wrapped your arms around Loki's neck while his arm wrapped around you and he chuckled at your excitement. "As long as Odin will actually allow visitors from Midgard," you added that last part, remembering what he said about Odin. You'd also have to hide that you were a vampire from him. You didn't think Odin would approve if he found out.

"I'd love to show you the wonders of home, sweetheart," Loki told you warmly. He looked over your head to Thor. "Very well, convince Father and we'll bring my lady along with us." Thor nodded his understanding and went to write his return letter to Odin. Loki turned his attention to you. "And you, my darling, need to rest and recover from your ordeal so you'll be up to travelling," he told you firmly, but warmly. Damn Trickster was bribing you very well to actually rest, no matter how boring resting was.

"You drive a hard bargain, Trickster," you teased. He laughed and hugged you tighter, sure if you could joke and be your usual ball of sunshine that you'd recover from Hydra.

*

Thor bought you a week, during which you worked with Loki to make sure the trigger words were actually out of your head and started working on Bucky's, but more slowly, since Loki didn't want you using a lot of magic while you were recovering. You also made sure to actually sleep, did some light work in the lab, spent your free time playing board and video games with the boys, and grudgingly accepted a couple of small blood donations from Loki. Very grudgingly and only under threat and hints that he didn't think you were recovering fast enough to risk travelling.

Stupid jerkface danger noodle cornering you into doing what he wanted.

However, you were healed a lot faster than you would have otherwise, so you couldn't complain too much. Though you wanted to, even though the blood donations did Loki absolutely no harm, as he had to remind you every time.

The morning you were to leave, you were in your suite making sure you were prepared to deal with the sun. It was about an hour before dawn. You didn't know how long you were staying and knew you wouldn't be able to stay out of the sun the entire time you were there, so you were packing. There was a soft knock on your suite's door. "Come in!" you called.

"You should be careful inviting people into your room without seeing who they are, kitten. There's rumors there's a vampire around," Loki teased as he came into your suite.

You laughed. "I think I'm safe from the vampire, noodle," you replied as you vanished your parasol and turned to go hug him. "You guys ready to head out?" you asked and stole a kiss. He smirked and kissed you back.

"Very nearly. I came to bring you this," he told you warmly and handed you the bundle of cloth that had been in his arms. You raised an eyebrow as you took it from him. "You can't go to Asgard without Asgardian attire to wear,"

You groaned. That didn't sound pleasant. "Asgardian attire doesn't sound like it includes my jeans or the Black Sabbath shirt I stole from Stark," you informed him with a hint of a whine, glancing at your current outfit, which included the stolen Black Sabbath shirt.

"On that point you would be correct, little one," he smirked and gestured to the bundle of cloth in your arms.

You unfolded it to reveal a black and green dress that was like nothing you ever saw on Earth. "This...is a dress," you grumbled at him, sighing heavily. You were a grease monkey and didn't do dresses unless you had to. Apparently in Asgard you were going to have to.

"True. And it is in my colors," he added with a touch of pride. Or possessiveness, it was hard to tell.

You sighed heavily and rolled your eyes at him. "You're incorrigible," you informed him dryly, but folded the dress over your arm to take it into your bedroom to change once he had left.

"I am courting you, darling. You are my girlfriend, if you prefer the Midgardian term. It's Asgardian custom for the lady to wear her man's colors, especially among the nobility, of which you cannot deny I am a member," he added with a smirk. You rolled your eyes again. He was a prince, of course he was a member of the nobility.

"Fine, fine," you agreed finally and kissed him. "Now shoo so I can change," you teased.

He smirked and offered an overly elegant bow. "As my lady wishes. We'll meet you in the living room when you're ready," he added before he vanishes in a shimmer of green light.

You changed quickly into the black and green dress, the soft leather slippers, and black and green cloak. You used a quick bit of magic to do your hair in a suitably elegant style, and make sure it stayed that way. Once that was done and you were sure your sun gear was hidden in a dimensional pocket as well as a couple books, a toolbox, some other random bits of equipment and odds and ends that might come in handy, you made your way downstairs to the living room where Thor and Loki were both waiting.

"So... how it look?" you asked Loki after you stepped off the elevator and the boys came over to greet you. They were both in Asgardian style clothes as well.

"You look radiant as ever, kitten," Loki told you warmly and kissed you.

"Asgardian dress suits you, Lady Y/N," Thor adds kindly.

With that settled, you said goodbye to Bucky and Nat who were both in the living room to see you off, then went to the circle outside where Thor usually called the Bifrost. There seemed to be a permanent Bifrost circle etched in the ground. Thor raised Mjolnir and Loki wrapped his arm around you, holding you tightly against his side. "Travelling by Bifrost is an experience," he explained when you looked up at him confused. Thor called to Heimdall and the Bifrost opened around you.

You flew up into the sky and held on tightly to Loki shocked and in awe at the rainbow bridge. You stepped into the Bifrost chamber and were faced with a large man with a huge sword. "Welcome back to Asgard, you highnesses, and welcome lady," he bid you all in a deep voice. You dropped your arms from Loki's waist, but took his arm when he offered it to you.

"Thor, Loki, you made it," a woman said as she entered the Bifrost room. Both boys turned to look at her.

"Sif!" Thor greeted her kindly and gave her a hug. Loki walked over to her with you.

"Darling, this is Lady Sif, one of the fiercest warriors in Asgard. Unfortunately also one of Hammer-brain's friends. She however is much more pleasant company than the rest of the oaf's friends. Sif, this is my beloved, Y/N of Midgard," Loki did the introductions. You and Sif exchanged pleasantries.

Sif gave you an appraising look, though. Too appraising. "Um...Loki? Should we be concerned that your little mortal's heart isn't beating?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 6.4K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
43.4K 1.1K 25
Loki x reader (18+). Angst, mature language, smut, violence. ~You swore you wouldn't fall for him, you were sure it wasn't even possible. He's evil p...
2.5M 86.2K 26
Being immortal and an Avenger has it's perks. Although the bullets and stab wounds hurt as much as any normal being, (Y/N) (L/N) could handle anythin...
5.2M 146K 77
You are a healer working with the Avengers when Loki comes to join the team! Previous #1 in Fanfiction