Belonging | Alec Lightwood

By Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
🗝
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(8) Time for Boys
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(13) Alec's answer
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
🗝
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(27) Always goes wrong
(28) I did it
(29) Warnings and intruders
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
🗝
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(54) Hope
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(9) Si bitch, her too

4.8K 130 132
By Itzwhatever

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission." Izzy says chidingly as she teasingly touches the sword collection the institute has locked away in the armoury room.

"I don't approve of this mission." Alec exclaims, whilst marching in.

I immediately roll my eyes, a scoff of annoyance escaping my lips, causing an already aggravated Alec to glare my way.

"I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girls do not leave the premises." He replies, a small distasteful smile on his face as he points his finger directly at me.

I chuckle hollowly before walking forwards, challengingly. "Call me little girl again... and I'll break your 'little' face" I say, my face as innocent as an infant, contradictory to my venomous words. Alec immediately sneers in reply, his mouth opening a millimetre before Jace interrupts.

Alec: 0

Cam: 1 😊

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need." Jace says, his voice slightly exasperated at his brothers' non-stop formalities and rules.

You and me both sis.

"With Valentine's people out there searching for Camilla and Clary, they're not safe outside alone." Jace argues, though his words of wisdom seem to only further anger Alec and before he has another chance to lecture Jace about how 'irresponsible' this is, Izzy also chimes in.

"Jace has a point."

"Et tu, Izzy? "Alec asks rhetorically, his face showing hints of betrayal as Izzy stares sadly at the ground.

"Si bitch, her too" I say smiling sardonically before flipping my hair over my shoulder at a scornful Alec, who looks about ready to strangle me to death. The scene seems to amuse Izzy as she slyly coughs out a laugh before winking suggestively in my direction.

Good god.

Ignoring her, I swiftly turn towards the inner circle (not that circle!) and listen to an aggravated Alec speak. "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" He asks, directing his question at Clary, probably too annoyed to even glance in my direction.

The victory makes me smirk.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint," Clary suggests "and there's this thrift store that she- "

Suddenly, a loud and distressed gasp escapes my mouth as the pendant I hold in my hand lights a bright, mauve flame, pulling me through the depths of my own mind and into another place.

"What's wrong? What is it?" Jace asks, stepping forwards to hold my arm, inspecting me to make sure that I was okay. Blinking, I slowly inhale a deep breath before letting out air shakily, before my eyes finally travel upwards to meet the rest of the concerned group, and I was surprised to see that even Alec had a look of slight worry on his face.

The devil does have a heart after all, who knew.

"I, weirdly, think I know where Dot is." I say, my own voice wavering, showing the clear disbelief I have at the sight I just saw.

"Great. I'll drive." Simon says enthusiastically instantly receiving a look of 'hell no' from all of us. " What? Unless you have, like, a Shadowhunter-mobile or something." He says innocently making me chuckle lightly, glad to know out of all the things that have happened, Simon changing isn't one of them.

"You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me, right?" Simon suddenly asks as he glances downwards at the runes on the floor; his eyes widening in horror. I watch with amusement as Alec smirks devilishly to an unbelieving Jace, who only scoffs in reply.

"Possibly." He replies, walking past an alert Simon whilst tapping his cheek in a mocking manner.

"Wait am I gonna die?"

***

We were all marching hurriedly down the alley way, nearing Pandemonium, my vision from the necklace showing me that that's were Dot was, and I had a feeling if we didn't hurry up and find her, we would be too late.

I sigh aggravatedly as I near a stop, my hand reaches for my violet pendant again and I suddenly feel the warm glow of its energy pulling me through my own mind and showing me a scene; a scene of Dot.

And she's in trouble.

I gasp in fear as I mentally see her writhing fearfully under the aggressive hold of two men; both having the same circle rune burnt into the skin on their necks. I'm quickly pulled out of my trance when I see one of the men pull out a long serph blade, his hand aiming towards a defenceless Dot.

"No! Dot." I quickly rush forwards, my legs fastening in pace as I race towards Pandemonium, leaving the rest of them in my wake.

"Clary! Cam, stop! Where are you going?" Jace yells, and from him shouting Clary's name I can assume she had followed desperately after me too. I slowed to stop at the front of Pandemonium, allowing the others to catch up; in the end I wasn't a trained Shadowhunter, Dot needed them to be saved.

"Two men, Circle members the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom." Clary stated near my side, her own hand clasping her pendant that mom gave her; hers, however, was shining a bright red flame. My eyes flicked to Jace; worry filling him as dread filled me.

"They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" Clary cried out, before any of us had the chance to object she rushed into Pandemonium, tears brimming her eyes as she paced further into the empty and deserted club, the rest of us on her tail.

"No." I whisper faintly, my chest clenching in pain at the fact we were too late. I ran a hand aggravatedly through my hair before walking away to the side, anger and guilt bubbling in me at us failing Dot.

I avoided the pitiful glance of a worried Jace and Izzy, and I didn't even want to see Alec, not wanting to appear so vulnerable in front of him.

"She was just trying to help us. Now, she's gone." Clary sobbed, tears falling from her eyes as she glanced around, everyone was silent, not really knowing what to say.

"Clary, I'm sorry." Simon quietly says, his eyes saddened, since he was the only one who truly understood how important Dot was to us.

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." Clary said, her voice straining as she desperately tries to get her point across, though everyone understood, they also know that there wasn't anything they could do, Dot was gone.

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now." Alec stoically said, his voice and manner as uncaring as always and I had to bite down on my tongue, knowing that my anger would be wrongly placed if I spoke out.

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up?" Clary exasperated at Alec, her voice and expression clearly fuming with rage, since after all we had done surely, we weren't planning on backing away.

Jace sighed frustratedly as I still remained stood far away, silent, as everyone looked around, not really knowing what the next step was, since we were going with the wind with all of our decisions.

"What about our memories? They can't just be gone?" I exclaim, the sound of my voice shocking everyone since it had been my first sentence since we had arrived. My eyes expectantly rose, flicking from Jace to Izzy to Alec, and then back to Jace.

He was the only one who would give me a straight answer anyway.

"There is another option." Jace reluctantly said, his eyes narrowing in on mine as he seemed to question whether or not it was worth it.

"Don't even"

"Absolutely not."

Both Izzy and Alec exclaimed at the same time, making my eyes shoot between them, not grasping what was so horrible that even Izzy didn't want to try.

Alec I could understand. If he could he'd probably lock us away and have us on trial.

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace shrugged hastily, his arms folded over his chest as he bolded out his shoulders, the idgaf persona evident on his face.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary quickly asks, making me nod my head in agreement, wanting to know. "They're Shadowhunter's with superior powers." Jace explained, but from both Izzy's and Alec's expression I could tell this wasn't going to be easy.

"Who possess the ability to recover memories." Izzy said and at hearing that I quickly stepped forwards and moved closer; this was exactly the thing we needed, without our memories we would never find our mother or get back Dot.

"Great, let's go" I nonchalantly express, stepping forwards but the grim expression of my fellow Shadowhunter's stop me feeling hope.

These guys seriously are pessimistic as shit.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec says, his voice and expression as careless as humanly possible as his eyes zoom in on my own, and apparently my disgusted and rather irritated expression doesn't affect him as all he does it shrug in response.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon adds cheekily and if this hadn't been such a serious predicament, I probably would have laughed along and said something equally as sarcastic.

But this, unfortunately, wasn't the time.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it." Alec expressed flamboyantly and I growled lowly under my breath. "Seriously Alec?! Fuck the Clave; my family is missing so if I have to meet some superior and deadly Shadowhunter's in order to solve this shit and move on, I'm going to do it." I seethed out, my expression stoic as I glared unwaveringly in Alec's direction.

"This isn't our choice to make. This is their decision." Jace says, interrupting Alec and I's rather heated and fuming glaring competition, since Alec's such a Clave's boy, me telling them to piss off probably didn't float his boat.

Not that I could care less.

"You can't ask them to do this. They don't know what their facing. Neither of them is prepared." Izzy said, her voice trying hard to reason with us, and despite how anxious I was about possibly dying, since that's not exactly what I wanted for today, I was willing to do whatever it takes to get my family back.

I glance at Clary in questioning, "You already know I'm down" I state with a shrug.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." Clary says, her voice strong and slightly harsh, since she's lost just as much as I have but since she's my twin I can also tell how scared she is.

"That settles it." I mutter lowly, turning on my heels and slowly heading towards the exit, Clary following behind me.

"See? I told you their one of us." Jace mumbled to Alec and Izzy and despite the small smile on Clary's face, I can't seem to feel like that statement applied to me, at all.

Another day, another chapter :)

Hope you guys liked this one; it's shorter but a necessary chapter for the story progression and character story lines, yada yada yada, you know what I mean. 

Vote, comment and share if you enjoyed this chapter.

And I will see you all next chapter xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
1.3M 26.7K 60
❝You know, it's weird. It's like wherever Bella goes, Alec is bound to follow, like magnets.❞ _______ Skinny love/; In which when two people love eac...
81K 1.6K 54
Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she has in life just to make sure the people...
10K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...