Devastating Love [Vrene story]

بواسطة winters_rain10

"If that's the only way that I could have her, I would lock her inside forever." "Our love is devastating all... المزيد

Foreword
Chapter 1 - Burying our real feelings
Chapter 2 - Their very first meeting
Chapter 3 - An Offer
Chapter 4 - The contract
Chapter 6 - The first outburst
Chapter 7 - The Inevitable Wedding
Chapter 8 - Love Letter
Chapter 9 - A Step into the Past
Chapter 10 - A Step into Your Past
Chapter 11 - A Step Into the Magic Shop
Chapter 12 - A Step into your heart
Chapter 13 - It's only a fake love
Chapter 14 - The heartbreaking pasts
Chapter 15 - Memory Lane
Chapter 16 - Calm before the storm
Chapter 17 - Vulnerable Us
Chapter 18 - A Closure
Chapter 19 - The Truth
Chapter 20 - Ephemeral Separation

Chapter 5 - When our heart first beat for one another

881 45 2
بواسطة winters_rain10

Joohyun wasn't sure how long Taehyung had been kissing her but she knew his blazer would be wrinkled by now as she was clenching on it the minute he claimed her lips. The kiss was soft but it turned intense when she did not deny him. Taehyung has no intention of halting what he's doing not until the familiar voice resounded the room again.

"Well, I don't mean to interrupt," Jungkook left the door opened with a small gap, "but I'm having a conference call, real soon."

He pulled away from her lips but still holding firmly on her nape, forehead resting on hers. His breath was heavy, "Ten minutes."

"Okie..." the lawyer closed the door.

Taehyung was trying best to breathe normally, he disliked how this woman before him impinged on him. It was not the first time she made him lose self-control. His eyes were staring right into hers but she was avoiding his dark hard stare.

"Ten minutes will be up soon," Joohyun was trying hard to catch her breath.

He released her, "sign it." His voice was firm and it made her feel agonizing. She never like this tone of voice, even back in school days she hated this tone of his as she knew he wasn't pleased with whatever he is facing now.

Flipping over to the signing page, she dropped her signature on her column before pushing the document to the man beside her. He took hold of it and signed on the line above his name and before he could say something, he heard her stomach growling sound. When he turned to her he could see her lowered head, feeling embarrassed.

Checking on his watch, he asked "you haven't take your lunch yet, it's already 3."

She looked away and said "I was running some errands before coming here."

"Let's go, we'll go for some light food."

She grabbed hold on his arm instantly, "I'm good. You don't have to do this, I know you are busy and I shouldn't affect your schedule."

"Do you need me to remind you on clause 6," he raised the document on his free hand, "my decision is final."

When he turned around to leave, she grasped on his arm making him turned to her again. "What happens if I violate any of the conditions in this agreement?"

"I can destroy your father's company with one phone call," he intimidated.

She immediately released his arm and trailed behind him exiting the room.

Passing the document back to Jungkook, the older man scowled "never expect you are this terrible in convincing people."

"Look at the terms in it, who would sign without thinking?" Jungkook was offended as he hit Taehyung with the document. "Besides, if I was good, you wouldn't have the chance to eat her up there and then."

"Shut up," Taehyung's large hand hit on Jungkook's stomach before walking up to Joohyun who was waiting at the reception area. "Let's go," he beckoned, making his way towards the elevator.

Within ten minutes' drive, they have arrived at a fine dining restaurant. When they were seated at one of the table at a secluded corner, Joohyun noticed the restaurant was void of people, they were the only patron. She wasn't sure if it was pre-arranged or it was a norm for him to dine with such privacy but it was uncomfortable for her.

Joohyun held on the menu but it was taken away by Taehyung. "I've ordered. No prize for guessing it right, you would order the cheapest food from the menu." Returning the menu to the waiter, he said "get her an orange juice and I would like an iced tea."

When her food was served, she got to know that he had had his lunch. He had ordered spaghetti for her, one of her favorite food which he still remember. It was quiet during her lunch, neither one of them has break the silence. Joohyun would stole glances of him from time to time and he noticed it.

"If you could stop what you are doing, I believe you can finish your food faster."

"I'm sorry," she gobbled up the remaining of her spaghetti and choked a little when she slurped it too fast.

Taehyung sighed looking at her lips that was stained with the red sauce, "that doesn't mean you need to eat it hurriedly," he reached his hand to her lips and gently wiping it with the napkin. She looked up at him in surprise and once again they were caught in each other eyes with a longing emotion.

"I'll do it," she grabbed on the napkin making sure not to have their hands brush one another.

"Are you done?"

Biting her lower lip, she had been holding back since the ride here. She just can't find the courage to voice out her request "you know Baekhyun oppa well, I don't think I can convince him to allow me to move out in such a short time. May I ask for 2 weeks, I'll definitely move in in 2 weeks."

Crossing his arms while leaning his back on the seat, "My decision is final, you don't need me to keep reminding you this. I want to see you in my penthouse when your 1-week time frame comes to an end." He got up from his seat and held on her hand making his way towards the door. She looked up at him in fear, she was afraid others would see them.

"No one is around."

Taehyung has insisted to send her to the hospital and when the driver pulled to a stop, he slipped a card into her hand.

"This is the door card key of the penthouse. I would let you know the password once you move in, meanwhile use this card," his eyes were on his phone.

"Alright..."

Just when she wanted to exit the car, she felt his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him over her shoulder. "Call me once you decided when to move in and if you can't get me, contact Jimin."

Taehyung watched her nodded her head and stepped out from the car heading towards the hospital entrance. His eyes were still glued at the same place even after Joohyun had disappeared from his sight.

"Young master Taehyung," the driver's voice diverted his attention, "your next destination..."

"Back to my penthouse," he said in a low voice before closing his weary eyes. "Kim Taehyung, it's only the second meeting, can you really handle it?" he murmured.

-

Looking at the calendar on her phone, Joohyun cannot accept how fast time past. The past events that happened in the short span of two weeks made her felt as though she was on a horrible rollercoaster ride. From her father admitted into the hospital to Taehyung given her an offer and now to move out from the place she had stayed since day 1, it was horrendous. The one-week time limit given to her was passing in a jiffy and within two days she has to move into the place Taehyung provided her. She wrapped her arms around herself an effort to stop the tremble upon recalling how Baekhyun reacted to her revelation on rejecting Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) and signed on with Yoon Hwa Orchestra. And it was as if one news is not surprising enough, she has to throw in another bombshell informing him that she is moving out in a week's time. Of course, the protective brother disagreed to her decision and opposed it strongly. If it was not Taeyeon who held Baekhyun back, he would have called BSO.

Joohyun had been travelling from the hospital and Yoon Hwa Orchestra more often over the week. She would visit her auntie in the morning making sure everything is fine before dropping by at her father's ward to accompany him for breakfast while anticipating for the doctor's first visit of the day. Before lunch, she would return to the school for practice with an unknown company beside her room which she was oblivious of. After her practice she would make a trip to the hospital again for Mr. Bae's physiology session. Mr. Bae's condition was improving, at the very least he could feel his lower limbs now. Meanwhile, Taehyung kept his promise as Baekhyun was busy working on the merger of SH Enterprise and H&H, a well-established organization in the States. The crisis that SH Enterprise faced was temporarily resolved. Mrs. Bae knew well Joohyun had given Kim Taehyung something to get his assistance in return.

"Kim Taehyung!" a fury man stormed into his office in rage only to meet a nonchalant figure who was focusing on the computer screen. "Are you not going to look at me at all?"

"Director Kim," a pint-sized lady tried to hold back the raging man. "I've told you VP Kim is busy right now."

"It's alright Rose, you may carry on with your work," Taehyung finally stopped working on the keyboard and dismissed his secretary. Turning to his uncle, he knew what he is up to. "I would appreciate if you could address me in a proper way during office hours, samchon." He stood up from his seat, hands in his pants pocket, his voice was cold yet laced with fierce "You may not respect me but please respect this seat that I'm sitting on, Director Kim."

Kim Youngcul was clenching his fists, on a verge of losing his cool further. "Why did you reject my proposal? Why on earth are we still using SH Enterprise and who is this H&H?"

"That is why you should listen to Jimin and not always disregard him," he sauntered towards his mini counter and poured two glasses of water. Placing it before the older man, he continued "I'm sure he had informed and explained to you on our plan. Since SH Enterprise have compensated on our losses and could give us a better offer, I don't see why we should risk ourselves to sign on with a new party. Besides, if you have gone through the report from Seoul Investment Bank which I believe you didn't, the merger of SH Enterprise and H&H would only benefit us."

"Are you behind all this, you helped them, didn't you?"

Taehyung snorted at his uncle "well I have to admit that I'm surprised how Bae Baekhyun worked wonder in such a short period of time." Stopping right by Kim Youngchul's side, he spoke in a low and threatening voice, "I don't care what are the personal benefits you gained from the company but do not lay a finger on them anymore. You wouldn't want a direct warning from the President, do you?"

"You punk!"

"Yah..." Jimin came in in time to pulled Kim Youngchul away. His fist was so near to punch on his nephew's face. "Control yourself! This would get messy if the people outside find out."

Kim Youngchul swung off Jimin's strong arms before tidying his blazer, "I'll remember this VP KIM." He left the room fuming with anger.

Taehyung snorted and shook his head, "He's childish, isn't he?" he leaned on his desk before turning to his friend.

Jimin sighed, "must you provoke him that way? If I was only a few seconds late, I would have been welcomed by bloodshed here."

The taller man chuckled, "It's only two of us, how would it turn into bloodshed."

"Looks like the things that you have planned are in place now," Jimin commented.

"Yes," Taehyung folded his arms in a serious manner, "we'll work it out after the wedding."

"Just make sure you don't hurt the innocent."

"When there's war, there will be casualty. The innocents are bound to sacrifice."

-

Joohyun was arranging the fresh flowers on the adjustable table in front of Yoonhwa's bed and every few seconds, she would look up at her aunt covertly. She knew by now Mrs. Hwang would have informed her aunt about the permanent contract she has signed with Yoon Hwa Orchestra instead of accepting Boston Symphony Orchestra's offer. It made her feel more anxious not knowing what her aunt would comment on her decision.

"Is there something you would like to say, Joohyun?"

"Eemo..." Joohyun pouted her lips; she knew her aunt was teasing her. "Don't you have something you want to ask?"

Yoonhwa chortled at her niece's expression, "I thought you have something that you wanted to tell me." Closing the novel she was reading and placed it on the side table, the pale woman turned her attention to the young lady, gesturing her to take a seat beside her. "The options are yours and it's only fair if you decide it yourself. I trust you have considered the pros and cons before coming to this decision."

"It would be good if everyone view it this way," Joohyun sighed while playing with her fingers mindlessly.

Reaching over to the violinist small hands, she said "Who would think you will choose my orchestra over an international orchestra and you are only doing this after so many years past when you could have done it earlier."

Joohyun had wanted to join Aunt Yoonhwa's orchestra since young but because her mother is not on good terms with her aunt hence she put on hold on that decision and auditioned for BSO. She never thought things would turn out this way. From dawn till dusk she hoped that her father's incident was only a horrid dream, the fact that the guy named Kim Taehyung is back in her life again was a nightmare and when she awakes, everything will return to the origin but it did not.

"Joohyun-ah, for every decision made," her voice was soft and comforting "there will be a consequence that you need to bear and all I wish is that you would never regret the decision made now."

Wrapping her arms around Aunt Yoonhwa, a tear escaped from her eye "Eemo..." there were so much bottled feelings inside Joohyun that she wanted to pour it out to her aunt but she knew she cannot let anyone know. She has to endure this misery and let it consume her.

"Silly girl, you'll be fine," she patted on her silky hair. "But how are you going to explain to your senior? He somehow paved the road for you."

"Believe me, he would not hang up the phone after hours of nagging. I'll be broke cause of the long distance call charges." Joohyun pouted. "I'll wait for his call."

"He had waited for you long enough; don't you think it's about time for you to tell him your answer?"

"Eemo...what are you talking about?"

"Stop avoiding it, if he's not the right one, be frank with him. Don't complicate a simple relationship."

"Aigoo...he's a oppa okay..."

Yoonhwa shook her head, "during your school days you're admired by many boys, why are you still single? You're getting old; you have to find a partner."

"Sheesh...are you going to start complaining on this already?"

"Get out from that bad experience, not every guy is that bad. After all, that was only a puppy love. You shouldn't lock yourself in that nightmare."

"Eemo, I'm already this busy now, if I am to start a relationship, I would have lesser time to spend with you."

"I just want you to have happiness, Joohyun." Yoonhwa knew the time bomb in her is ticking fast; it may explode any time. "I hope to see you find your happiness while I still can, Joohyun." This was the unsound message kept in her heart since the first day she met her in this world.

-

Back at Mr. Bae's ward, Baekhyun and Taeyeon have arrived as well. Joohyun attempted to break the ice between her and Baekhyun but the older man was still ignoring her. He was still angry that Joohyun had made an important decision without discussing with him. Mr. Bae laughed silently watching the cold war between the siblings. Suddenly, an unexpected intrusion frightened them as a familiar man barged into the ward; it was his buddy, Kim Youngjae.

"Seunghoon-ah..." Kim Youngjae walked up to Mr. Bae.

"Eo...Youngjae-ah," Bae Seunghoon sat upright from his sleeping position. "Why would you be here?" Joohyun immediately took the remote control to adjust her father's bed.

"Yah, how could you not tell me what you are going through?" Youngjae complained. "And this unfilial son of mine is hiding this from me. Do you even treat me as a friend?"

"Uncle Kim, calm down," Joohyun looked at him with worried eyes. "You might affect your heart rate."

"Youngjae-ah, you shouldn't blame Taehyung. You yourself is in a bad condition, you're definitely not in a place that can worry about others."

"But still..."

Kim Youngjae was cut off by Baekhyun when he pushed a chair to him, "take a seat, calm down and we talk. Taehyung had been a big help for us." Baekhyun patted on Taehyung's back which made him jolted a little.

Finally taking in Taehyung's presence, Joohyun was uncomfortable when her eyes were caught by his cold and dark stare. She volunteered to cut some fruits for them while they can talk.

"He didn't even tell me about the crisis SH Enterprise is facing," Youngjae flashed a hard glare at his son.

Rubbing his nape uneasily, he excused "I'll help Joohyun with the fruits."

"See, he's running away. He knew that he's wrong."

"At the rate you are throwing temper at him, you're really expecting another round of 'heart attack'?"

"Yah...is this how you greet your friend with a curse?"

"I want you to slow down. Baekhyun told me about it, given his position it would not look good for him to help us as it was our fault. But yet, he helped us out in a different way. Taehyung is way too capable for his age."

"Yes Uncle Kim, we are merging with H&H. Things are fine now, we are no longer in crisis anymore." Baekhyun assured.

Youngjae sighed "at least you are back to help your appa, I guess this is the silver lining amidst the storm."

-

"Your deadline is near, are you moving in tomorrow?"

"Ahh..." Joohyun shouted and turned around with the knife still in her hand pointing it at the person who had frightened her from behind.

The water from her wet hand and knife splashed on invader and caused one of his eyes closed. "You intend to kill me?" Taehyung held on the knife and placed it on the sink.

"I'm sorry, you scared me," she quickly pulled some tissues and passed to him to wipe his face.

"So, have you spoken to your family?" Taehyung closed in to Joohyun, eyes fixated on her; she could feel his hot breath fanning on her cheek. She immediately stepped back and continued cutting on the apple, pretended not hearing his query.

Displeased with her action, he paced towards the door and closed it before walking back to her. He stood behind her while placing both his arms by her sides on the pantry counter, caging her from behind.

"Taehyung-shi, we are in the hospital people can see" her heart raced upon feeling his dominating body from her back.

"I've locked the door," he whispered. Tilting his head and closing in to her side profile, he held on her chin turning her to face him. "I don't like how you move away from me. You won't want to violate the terms before even starting it, do you?"

"I'm sor..." her remaining word was muffled by his lips as it was sealed with a passionate kiss. She could feel his tongue swirling inside her, demandingly. Minutes later, he broke away. His thumb was brushing the corner of her lips, "be sure that I'll see you at home tomorrow."

When they returned to the ward with the cut fruits, the two buddies were still chatting happily while Baekhyun and Taeyeon were listening to their conversation earnestly.

"They are back," Bae Seunghoon smiled.

"Were you guys talking about us?" Taehyung closed the door behind him after Joohyun entered the ward.

"I was suggesting to Uncle Bae to have Joohyun perform during your wedding."

The plate Joohyun was holding almost slipped off her hands upon hearing Kim Youngjae's suggestion. Fortunately Taehyung noticed and was fast to grab it, putting it on the table. He was looking down at her flustered face.

"That's a good idea."

Joohyun knew he was trying to make her feel uncomfortable. By him agreeing to his father's proposal, it meant she has no room to escape but to attend their wedding.

Lowering her head, she said "then you have to decide on the song or music that you and future Mrs. Kim want, I would need to practice."

Taehyung was clenching his fists so hard that his knuckles were turning white, "anything that relates to everlasting love would be fine for me."

"This would be so interesting," Youngjae was already very excited. "Joohyun-ah, Uncle Kim missed your music so much."

"Taehyung-ah, are you free to have a drink?" Baekhyun held on his shoulder.

"Sure."

"We'll excuse ourselves too," Taeyeon bowed before beckoning Joohyun to join her.

-

"Here," Baekhyun placed a cup of tea on the table. "Before I buy you a decent meal, please have this drink first."

"What's this for?" Taehyung was curious.

"H&H..."

A knowing smile was displayed on Taehyung's face, he sipped his tea.

"I knew you were the one who recommended us to them."

"I didn't do much, SH Enterprise had been the greatest player in the industry, they would have approach you sooner or later."

"They were finding the best time to venture into Korea and to co-operate with YJ Group, I'm glad we were good enough and the fact that you have accepted our proposal, how can you still say you've not help much."

"How's the merger going?"

"Tremendously well, I never expect things can be done so fast. Have you seen the owner before?"

Taehyung paused for a moment, "he's a humble man, someone who doesn't like to get involved personally but he's the mastermind. All the works are carried out by his spokesperson."

"I wonder what H&H stands for," Baekhyun leaned against the chair comfortably. "Anyway, I owe you a lot, without you we wouldn't have resolved all the problems. Thank you so much."

Taehyung looked away guiltily while listening to his senior's words.

"The only issue here is that, Joohyun had given up her dream. I failed so much as a brother, because I didn't protect our family well, she has to forsake her dream of joining BSO. She's telling me that she's moving out."

"Maybe it's time for you to let her learn to be independent. For how long are you going to protect her, hyung? She somehow needs to face the world herself." Taehyung said.

"Perhaps..." Baekhyun sighed. "Your father is here, I'll send you all off at the drop-off area."

At the garden area, Baekhyun saw his wife was having a serene conversation.

"Please talk things through," Taeyeon whispered to her husband while holding on his arm. "Don't raise your voice."

Baekhyun nodded his head before walking up to Joohyun and took a seat beside her.

"So, you have made up your mind on moving out?" Baekhyun started, "like for real? No regret?"

"I'm sorry oppa," Joohyun's head was hung low.

Pulling the fragile lady into his embrace, Baekhyun rested his chin on her head. "I'm the one who should say sorry. If I have taken up the responsibilities earlier, all this may not have happened. You might have been to Boston already. Oppa didn't protect you well."

"It's not necessary for you to move out..."

"But the hostel is nearer," she lied, choking with her sobs.

Baekhyun sighed, "Guess I really need to let my baby girl go this time. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

Joohyun looked into her brother's eyes intently; tears were flowing down her face. "Oppa, do you know what others said?"

"What?" he was wiping off her tears with his thumb.

"I'd stayed too long in a glass castle, oblivious with what's happening outside."

"Who is that? How dare he!"

"Oppa, I'll be fine. No matter what I've done, it was for the best for all of us."

-

To avoid having her family suspect her, Joohyun insisted on moving into her hostel herself. She brought all her belongings to the practice room and collected her hostel keys from Mrs. Hwang in the morning. She continued with her usual practice until late evening. When the hour hand stopped at 7pm, the heavy feelings inside halted her from playing.

Joohyun sighed, "It's about time to go..." she grabbed her phone and sent a text message.

[Taehyung-shi, I'll be at your house before 8pm.]

-Taehyung-ie

Meanwhile, Taehyung who was watching from the private room stopped his works upon receiving a text message. His brows were knitted upon reading it. He already finds it strange to see the luggage in Joohyun's room when he arrived earlier. After Joohyun left, he immediately speed home. He cannot comprehend why Bae Joohyun would still be so stubborn after so many years.

"Ahjussi, I really am not a sasaeng nor am I a reporter," Joohyun tried to explain to the security for the tenth time for the past 20 minutes. "Can you please check with the owner? Block E, the highest floor unit."

"Mr. Kim did not inform us that he is expecting a guest today." The man in his late forty eyed at Joohyun from head to toe, finding her suspicious. "It's too peculiar to have a lady come up herself especially at this hour, this usually don't happen. Mr. Kim would at least be with you if you're really his guest."

"Dang," Joohyun was losing her cool. "Ajussi, I have a door card okay. Why do you sound like I came here to spy on him?" just when she was about to get her phone to call Taehyung, a car screeching sound halted her as a dark grey Maserati stopped right beside her.

The car window was scrolled down and Joohyun noticed who the driver was. "Ajussi...she's my guest. I didn't get to inform you earlier today. Sorry about that." Turning to her, he hissed "get in!"

"Hmph..." Joohyun walked to passenger seat side from behind of the car.

The security felt bad for his earlier rudeness to the fair lady. When Joohyun got into the car, she was welcomed by a fiery looking Taehyung.

He rested his arm on the steering wheel before turning to her, "don't you know it's dangerous to walk from behind of a car? If the driver don't see you and reverse the car you would be deadmeat."

"But your car headlight would make my skirt see through," Joohyun retorted. Her mood was already affected by the rude security and it doesn't help with Taehyung throwing her his usual brat temper.

"Then don't wear such thin material dress in future," he yanked on the hem of her dress before speeding towards Block E direction.

Pulling to a sudden stop at the parking lot, Taehyung exited the car and closed the door with great strength causing it shook. Joohyun's brow knitted as she unbuckled her seatbelt before trailing behind the angry man.

"I don't want this from you again," he pointed at Joohyun, eyes were blazing. "When I asked you to call me first, you do it. If you weren't that stubborn and call me before you came, you could have save yourself from the earlier commotion."

"Are all the owners and securities here this rude?" she pressed on the arrow up button of the elevator.

Taehyung eyed hardly at her while pressing on the left side elevator button, it surprised her when the doors opened within a few seconds. He pulled her into the elevator and spun her around leaning her against the elevator wall before cupping on her face with his manly hand.

"Do not defy my order! You won't want me to keep reminding you on the terms in the agreement."

When the elevator doors opened, it saves Joohyun from his piercing glare. Taehyung released her and walked towards the only door to the only unit of that floor. She wasn't sure what she did so wrong that caused him become so angry. As she stepped into the penthouse apartment, the place was huge; it was not an ordinary penthouse. She is not poor but definitely not as rich as the Kims. Looking at the gloomy sky from the glassed wall of the luxurious penthouse, she could see her own reflection, a pathetic mirroring.

"This place is too big for me; I don't need such big place." Joohyun pulled on his shirt slightly from the back stopping him from walking away after changing his shoes. "I can stay in the hostel."

Gently brushing off her fringe from her eyes, Taehyung said "Item 6, my decision is final and you have no right to object." Taking hold on her hand, he pulled her towards the right side of the house, first stop the kitchen "I don't really cook so you won't get much fresh items in the fridge but you can replenish the stock, if you want," he handed her a platinum card, "use this, don't worry about the limit."

She pulled on his shirt again, but his sleeve this time "this is your home?"

"What's the problem?" his brow raised questioningly. When he received no respond, he continued walking down to the hallway, "the first door is the game room, second door TV room and the last 2; you are not allowed to enter."

Walking away towards the left side, he carried on "there are three guest rooms here, I have converted one of it to be your study room the one on the left, the opposite one is mine and our room is the last one at the corner." Looking at the fragile lady over his shoulder, his tone softened "I'll have my shower first, you can use the bathroom next to your study room. Come to our room once you are done."

"Looks like I don't even have time to unpack my things," she pouted.

Twenty minutes later, Joohyun dreaded to step her foot into the room that they would be sharing for the coming two years. Braving herself, she held on the door handle and pulled it downwards. Taehyung was already all done, comfortably resting on the bed reading a book.

"Done?" his voice woke her up from the puddled thoughts. "Let's sleep," he dimed the lights.

"You don't need me to...serve you?"

Taehyung sighed, "I'm not a sex maniac for your info." He pulled the duvet over and patted on the vacant space next to him, "you have upset me enough for today, let's just sleep."

Joohyun got on the bed and held on the duvet tightly when he covered both of them with it, she's still not used to having someone sharing the same bed. "Good night..." she turned to her side and gently closed her eyes.

Minutes later, she flinched upon feeling his arm around her stomach. He was pulling her closer to him with his chest against her back. "Do you remember clause 2?" he whispered into her ear, his hand was slowly making its way up to her chest. "Why is your heart beating this fast?"

She shut her eyes tightly while biting her lower lip, "likewise, what about you?" she could feel his rapid heartbeats on her back.

"Do you still remember how your heart beats when we first met at the rooftop?"

-Spring 2010-

"Look at her, she has been studying since lunch time till now," Jimin said.

"Yah Joohyun-ah, take it easy okay, I'm really not going to compete with you this time. I've slack a lot lately," Namjoon pinched on Joohyun's cheek, trying to get her attention.

Pushing his hand away, Joohyun looked up at her two classmates "you know that number one spot is not what I'm eyeing at, I need a full scholarship in order to get into Julliard Music School."

"Don't overwork yourself, Seulgi is worried sick of you," Jimin went back to his seat.

"And you are concern because she's worrying too much," Joohyun remarked.

"Lovebirds," Namjoon shook his head before taking the seat in front of Joohyun.

"We shall start our class," Mr. Leeteuk stepped into the classroom.

"Psst...are you really not going to get Taehyung attend today's classes?" Namjoon whispered over his shoulder. "He had missed the first half of the day."

"My responsibility is only to tutor him and not babysitting, there's nothing I can do if he wishes to skip the class," Joohyun muttered.

"Bae Joohyun, if his attendance doesn't enable him to sit for the examination, the fault is still on you," Mr. Leeteuk appeared next to Joohyun suddenly.

"Gosh, you scared me," Namjoon jolted.

"Fine!" Joohyun got up angrily and made her way towards the door. "Idiot"

"Joohyun-ah, check at the basketball court or the infirmary room." Jimin shouted, hoping that Joohyun could hear him.

"What happened to Taehyung, he doesn't look good today," Namjoon asked.

"As usual, his father compared him with his brother again. The harshest line was 'you tainted Kim Family name.'" Jimin sighed.

-

"Dang, where the heck could he be?" Joohyun came out from the infirmary room, sweat was apparent on her forehead. She had searched both the indoor and outdoor basketball courts but to no avail, there was no sighting of Kim Taehyung. She knew he would be a troublemaker the moment she saw him again in the school. "Right...the restricted rooftop."

She guessed it correctly; he was really hiding at the rooftop. Taehyung was sleeping on the bench, his tie and blazer on the floor.

"Yah Kim Taehyung wake up and get back to the class," she grabbed hold on his wrist and pulled him up.

"Go away, will you" his eyes were still closed, irritated. "Just leave me alone, I won't attend the classes."

Joohyun frowned upon seeing the cigarette buds on the floor, "Did you smoke?"

All of sudden, Taehyung pulled her down, seated next to him and closed in their distance. His lips were only an inch apart from hers. "Can you sense any cigarette smell?"

She was taken aback by his sudden action and immediately move backward to widen their gap but she was clumsy and almost fall but he caught her, his arm was wrapped around her slender waist.

"Let go of me," her hands were on his chest, pushing him away.

"You should thank me," he yawned before stretching on his arms.

Rolling her eyes annoyedly, she queried "do you always mess around with girls this way? I seriously have no interest with it, so please save it for other girls."

"Is this one of your many ways in tempting your fanboys?" he caressed on her soft cheek. "Chasing after me all around the school is useless, you won't get to make me sit in the class."

"Heol, so you were at the basketball court just now? You ran away from me?"

"You were too short to notice that I was there."

"What do I need to do to get your co-operation?"

Joohyun gasped when he locked both her wrists above her head, pushing her beneath him with his bigger frame. He leaned in and whispered into her ear "Bae Joohyun-shi, do you know how dangerous it is to ask that question? Could you even handle the consequences?"

"W-wha-t do you w-an-t?" she stammered.

Taehyung purposely brushed his lips on her ear, down to her chin very softly. He was just trying to scare her; his lips were merely touching her skin. When he loosened her tie and undid the first two buttons of her shirt, he could feel her shuddered.

"Why is your heart beating this fast, Ms. Tutor? Falling for me already?" his hand stopped on her chest. Taehyung grinned when he felt her hands trembled, "Okay, we shall call it a day. Let's go back to the class," he released her.

Joohyun got up, she was panting heavily. "Finally satisfied? We can go back now?"

"You looked cute with this blushing face."

She pushed his hand away before he could reach his hand to her face. As they were walking past the lockers hallway, the final bell rang.

Joohyun checked on her watch and finally understand why he would agree to leave the rooftop. She turned to the taller man with her fury eyes, "you knew it?"

He closed in their gap making sure there are a foot apart, he said "Even if you are to sleep with me, it's not going to change anything. I won't co-operate with you. Stay away from me as you can't handle the aftermath."

She clenched her fists while watching him walking away from her towards his locker. When she unlocked her locker, there were dozens of letters fell out from it. "Damn it!"

"Woah, watch your language," Seulgi said from behind. "What happened to you?" she was eyeing on her messed-up tie and undone buttons.

Joohyun remained silent and squatted down to gather all the letters with Seulgi's help.

"Just how many letters do you get from the fanboys a day?" Jimin got down on one knee and helped the girls with the letters.

"Do you think I still have time to count it with that friend of yours around?"

Jimin was stunned by her fierce glare before turning to Taehyung who was few meters away from them, hanging his blazer in the locker. He got the message right away, something has happened between them.

"At this rate, I doubt I can even graduate smoothly."

"Leave before she explodes," Seulgi whispered to her boyfriend.

"Bye Joohyun..." Jimin waved before joining Taehyung and Namjoon. "Dude, what did you do to her just now? The last time I see her this mad was when her locker got destroyed by one of the bimbos because she was jealous with the fact her crush likes Joohyun."

"What's with those letters?" Taehyung queried.

"Love letters from the fanboys," Jimin was disgusted with how the boys would write cheesy confession on letters. "answer my question, oh please, her tie and the buttons..." he pointed at his hand, "your great work?"

"Come on, you don't pick on girls in the past, what's this?" Namjoon held firmly on Taehyung's shoulder.

Scratching on his head, he was annoyed with his friends continuous bugging. He looked away and noticed a few familiar faces who were eyeing at him.

Turning back to his two friends, "Since the both of you cares about her so much, tell her stop trying." He swung his bad to the back and stated "if she continues, she would only get herself in trouble."

- Autumn 2018-

Turning her over to face him, they looked into one another's eyes. They both knew they were reminiscing the same old memory they shared seven years ago, when their heart first beat for one another. He held on the back of her head and pulled her closer to him. They gradually drifted to sleep with each other's soothing breathing resonated in their ears. The next morning, Taehyung found an empty space beside him again and his face darkened instantly.

Walking out from his room, he heard noises from the kitchen and saw Joohyun busied hands at the island table. "It's only your first day here and you've upset me, it's an unwise thing to do."

She looked up to him and his face expression made her remembered his reminder. "I'm sorry, I got up early and thought of preparing breakfast."

He did not say much and returned to the room. After taking a shower, he stepped into the walk-in closet and noticed his suit with matching tie was placed neatly on the bench in the middle of the closet. A smile crept on his face without him realizing it.

"You don't have to prepare the suit for me, it's not necessary," Taehyung made his way towards the kitchen.

"I just thought I needed to do something," she lowered her head. Picking up the set of sandwiches, she passed it to him. "You can have it on your way to office."

"I don't take breakfast."

"Taehyung-shi, I'll be going to visit my father and aunt in the morning and have practice in Yoon Hwa Orchestra till late noon." Joohyun informed. "But today eemo would be receiving new treatment, I would be staying till after dinner time just to monitor her condition." She added.

He nodded and walked away.

"Taehyung-shi..." he turned to her over his shoulder. "Goodbye, have a safe trip..."

"Have fun on your first day as an official violinist..." he replied.

-

"Park Sooyoung, I told you that I need to be back in Korea urgently, how could you make me work for another 7 days in Boston?"

"You were the one who promised Mr. Robson, how could you blame me now?" Sooyoung retorted.

"Jin hyung!"

Both Sooyoung and Seokjin turned towards deep manly voice direction. Seokjin walked up to the man and had a brotherly hug.

"Yah Kim Namjoon, you've grown into a man!" he patted on the tall man's back.

"You have finally returned, took you almost 8 years to come back," Namjoon complained.

"The way you said is as though I didn't come back to Korea at all for the past 8 years," Seokjin smiled.

"You did come back but only went to meet that one person," Sooyoung murmured.

"I beg your pardon," Namjoon did not catch what she said.

"Tch...don't mind her, she's a little problem here," Seokjin tapped his index finger on his temple.

"Yah Kim Seokjin!"

Seokjin laughed, "let me introduce to you, she's my assistant, Park Sooyoung and this handsome man here is my junior, Kim Namjoon."

"Nice to meet you Ms. Park," Namjoon extended his hand courteously.

Sooyoung shook his hand "call me Sooyoung will do."

"Where's Min Yoongi? I thought he would be welcoming me with placard." Seokjin wrapped his arm around Namjoon's shoulder.

"Yoongi hyung has to attend an urgent meeting that's why he sent me here. He just gotten a promotion, he's rather busy."

"Well, I guess I can't really rely on that idiot," Seokjin joked. "Alright, first drop this woman at the hotel then send me to Yoon Hwa Orchestra."

"Shouldn't you be seeing your parents first?" Namjoon elbowed the older man.

"I just met them few weeks ago, they can wait."

-

Seokjin had a hard time in locating the orchestra practice rooms, after all it had been quite a long time since he last visited this place. As he walked further down, the sweet and soothing melody that filled the hallway made his smile widened. He was sure the player behind this closed door was the person he was looking for.

Turning the doorknob, he gradually opened the door to meet the familiar woman he had missed a lot. "Hyun-ah..."

Joohyun stopped playing the moment she heard the familiar voice. Putting her violin down on the table before turning to the owner of that calm voice, a wide smile plastered on her face when their eyes met.

"Jin oppa..."

Seokjin stood still with open arms, "long time no see, Hyun..."

She ran into his arms excitedly while he welcomed her into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her waist and turned her in circle.

"I miss you so much Jin oppa, when did you came back?"

"Just arrived."

"Why did you come back?"

"Since you are not coming to Boston, then I would need to come back to you," a teasing smile was displayed on Seokjin's face. Looking at the familiar crimsoned face, he can't help but to pecked on her cherry lips, gently.

Joohyun was startled as she stepped back and covered her lips with her clenched fist. "Oppa...what was that for?"

"You gave me a goodbye kiss when I left," he crouched to her eye level, "it's only right for you to welcome me back with a kiss, a welcome kiss." He pouted his lips teasingly.

Little did they know, there was someone seated next door watching each and every move of theirs, listening to everything they said. Taehyung tightened his fist upon seeing the cheery wide smile on Joohyun's face.

"I didn't give you, you were the one who took it without my permission," she hit on his long arms that was resting on her small shoulders.

'BANG'

A sudden loud door banged sound frightened them.

"That's loud," Seokjin eyes widened, "I pity that door."

"Probably is our sponsor," Joohyun walked out to check on the room next to hers. The door was locked and when she looked around, she saw a man's back view rushing down the stairs. Before she could reenter her room, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

[Be home early tonight]

-Taehyung-ie

Presented by winter's rain

//Devastating Love//

180421

-----

First of all thanks a lot to all the new subscribers and readers who have commented and of course for those who are still reading this fic ^^

Joohyun finally have moved into Taehyung's apartment, Jin is back!!! Anyone curious with what Namjoon does?

Didn't have the time to edit this chapter, think there'll be loads of spelling error and grammar mistake...english is not my main language so hope you can bear with me.

Do tell me what you think about this chapter and the flow of the storyline, the characters...

It's really late here and will be knock out soon, will come back to edit this chapter tomorrow...hope to see you guys in the comment box...bye for now ^^

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

206 80 15
"I'll be willing to break myself just to see you happy." - Kim Taehyung "Love is Selfish" - Par...
12.7K 342 68
what would i have done if i didn't know you? i'll just laugh over this sad feeling. i'm so happy that i can share this happiness with you. your sweet...
23.1K 1K 51
Taehyung watched the love of his life fell for another man. What they had. What you had with her. Knowing she would torturing herself to see him hurt...
177K 8.5K 21
[Not edited] [A story from second lead's pov] || completed. "Can't you the see the love that I have for you in my eyes?", she thought as she stared...