The Ultimate Gamer's Guide To...

By M_M_Yoshida

(Now available as a Paperback and Kindle Version on Amazon) Shut in Gamer Steven Matthews was a lonely slacke... More

A Walk Through On: Waking up in Another World as A Girl.
A Walk Through On: How To Live At A Dragon Ranch
A Walkthrough On: How To Wield Death Itself
A Walk Through On: How To Set a Life Goal
A Walk Through On: Handling Racist Jerks
A Walk Through On: Making A Walk Through For Almost Dead Adventurers.
A Walk Through On: Why you really shouldn't drink.
A Walk Through On: Surviving A Knight Academy
A Walkthrough On: Fighting Dirty.
A Walk Through On: Getting Kidnapped By Some Guy.
A Walkthrough on: Girl Stuff and Bully Stuff
A Walk Through on: Fairy Mischief.
A Walk Through On: Being a Defective Detective
A Walk Through On: Demon Wrestling
A Walk Through on: Forcing Me to Get a New Mom
A Walk Through On: Learning The Tragedy of a Thousand Cherry Blossoms.
A Walk Through On: Hopelessness
New Playable Character: Melia
A Walk Through On: Getting the Living Crap Beaten Out of Us.
A Walk Through on: Meeting an Old Friend
A Walk Through on: The Goddess of Death Hadelies
A Walk Through On: How to Make a Walk Through

Epilogue

397 15 4
By M_M_Yoshida

Medi stepped through the large halls of the top floors of the Knight Academy.. it was here on the topmost floors.. on the topmost towers of the massive building that floated above the city, as a symbol to all of Varismalia, that the King ruled from supreme..

The King, the most powerful Kaiju Wielder on the planet some said.. though there were rumors that he even could match the gods..

Rumors and heresay... that was how he felt anyways..

Next to him, walked his Superiors, Vanza and Solomon, carrying their own Kaiju with them..

"Calling a meeting at a time like this.." grumbled Medi as he stopped at the giant golden doors that led to the throne room.. "Honestly.."

"But it is smart at the same time.. what with Mira's sudden growth and with one of the Pseudo Gods being revealed to the public at large.. we need to discuss a strategy don't we!? Haha!" Hellbi exclaimed, exuberant as ever.

"Indeed." Vanza murmured. "It was surprising that she was able to unlock her power as a Pseudo God so soon.. though granted, she still lacks the ability to even control it.. and probably will for a while.. "

"Our main goal was to ensure that more Pseudo Gods wouldn't arise.. we knew that one of them would arrive in the form of one of Freyalvia's victims.. but.. " Solomon shook his head. "We could not predict that this would happen..  Cults will reform... new religions might be created.. chaos will ensue.."

"Does Mira perhaps know she never will regain her godhood?" Leonidal, Vanza's weapon asked.

"I doubt she even wants it back." said Medi. "She has none of Hadelies's memories.. and of course it's not uncommon for gods to be jealous of the fleeting nature of mortals.. it grants life purpose.  I think she's fine with what she has.."

"Even so.. she is powerful.. too powerful for her own good.." Vanza muttered as Solomon prepared to use the large dragon shaped knocker on the golden door.

After making several large echoing knocks, a voice was heard echoing from within. "Enter."

The great golden doors creaked open to reveal a massive cathedral-like throne room.. arches filled the ceiling, and between them, murals and frescoes of immense beauty..

The frescoes depicted pictures of massive beasts, larger than buildings, crushing ancient civilizations..

Not many knew about Kaiju's true forms. Many believed the name Kaiju came from the fact that those who wielded them fought like monsters, but this wasn't true.  The tale went that inside every single person, they possessed their own inner beast.. their anger and thirst for destruction.. that was the nature of intelligence.. of emotion.. there was always a darkness there... and when given form through mana.. they emerged.. and craved destruction.

Long ago, the gods were the first to discover this darkness. An unknown entity, with origins separate from the gods, used magic to give form to the darkness of the gods that ruled this sphere.

And form they gained... the gods transformed into tremendous terrible monsters.. the strongest of these were Freyalvia,  Hadelies, and Horgoth..

Freyalvia became plant-like beast whose roots reached deep into the earth, creating earth quakes.. wrenching the world up into turmoil.. bringing boiling magma to half the planet's surface..

Horgoth became a giant Daemon of hardened red scales, and massive brutish arms, crushing all in it's path.. flames trailing wherever it walked.

And Hadelies became a massive black dragon of malice.  Her wings were hurricanes, her breath was darkness.. and she soared above the planet and blackened the skies, covering the world in eternal night.

But then, a wise god learned to subdue his inner beast.. separating it into a seal on his body.. which became the first Kaiju..

That was the birth of the monsters of the inner darkness.. born as powerful weapons. The Kaiju.

And this room told the tale.. this ancient throne room..  from which the king ruled.

Speaking of the king

There he sat on a massive throne of gold.. a man in golden armor with a blue cape edged with white fur.. a gold crown on his brown haired head.   His face was young and handsome.. the youngest king in history, after his father died of sickness a few years back..

The 20 year old king's ears were pointed and longer than most elves, giving away that he was in fact one of the High Elves.. capable of reading the hearts of others.. though his talent, rumor had it, was never as smooth as Vel's when it came to that ability, so he avoided using it unless it involved some rather nasty politics.

Sheathed at his side was the Great Gold Kaiju, Voight.  A powerful double edged sword with a golden blade and a ruby encrusted hilt.  It was an Elder Kaiju, formerly of a god who no longer lived among the plane of immortals or mortals.  It was one of the few Kaiju in history that ever deigned to reforge a mental bond with those who inherited it as a royal birthright..  going through the ritual to bond it's mental and physical body with new wielders.  The Kaiju of the King.

In some legends it was known by other names. Ascalon, Excalibur, Durandall.. but Voight was it's true name.  In the Ancient language, it meant "void".. void mainly because that's how massive it's power was in comparison to those that stood against it.

Voight never spoke.. it was a Kaiju that had taken an oath of silence.. it's king spoke for it.. and it only spoke when the king wished it.

And whoever wielded it was the most dangerous person on Earth..

King Verum stood from his throne, a hand on the pommel of his sheathed blade as his gold armored boots made echoes on the marble floor.  "Approach.."

"My lord.." said Solomon, bowing first, as Medi and Vanza did so as well.

"Solomon... tell me.. what were my orders.. the last time you all set foot in this room?" said the king with a smile.. a smile that held no warmth whatsoever..

"To keep an eye on Mira Franklin and her Kaiju.." said Solomon.

"I recall it was something a little more than that.. " said Verum, raising an eyebrow.. " I believe it was something a little more specific.."

Verum looked at Medi. "Speak up... what were my orders Imp?"

"You wished for me to seduce Mira.. " Medi growled, clenching his fists in an attempt to control his anger. "But with all due respect your majesty-."

"Somehow I feel like whenever somebody says 'all due respect' I will get neither the respect nor the amount that is due.." said Verum coldly.

Vanza gave Medi a warning glance, but Medi continued.

"You can't just expect seduction to happen like that!" Medi growled. "It's not like love is something ya make on demand.. or attraction!! Ya can't just order me to make her fall for me and expect it to just happen! She was spending time as a guy anyways, she's not used to being attracted to males.. "

"Hmph.. perhaps there is a point in that." said Verum, smirking. "But I do hear that some students say she seems to be showing signs of liking you a bit.. "

Medi remained silent.

"And.. from what I hear... hmmm.. are you attracted to her?" Verum asked.

"What kind of question is that?" Medi said.

"Answer my question.. are you attracted to her..?" said Verum.

Medi looked away, but Verum could read his face like a book.

"HA! Then there should be no problem... Sleep if her if you want to.. heck, even marry her.. as long as she eats out of the palm of your hand.. and therefore out of the palm of MY hand.." said Verum. "Either Gods die.. or they work for me.. that is how it works.."

Verum sighed. "The Pseudo Gods are too dangerous to be left uncontrolled on the mortal plane.. the only way we can keep this world safe.. to keep MY world safe.. is to either make them our assets.. or eliminate them.. you understand this..? Solomon.."

"Yes your majesty." said Solomon.

"The only god allowed to exist free.. lording over this land.. is the god who sits on my throne.." said Verum. "I.. Verum Reginald Vexum...  am the only god here.. do you all understand?"

"Yes... we do." said Solomon.

"Then.." said Verum, his eyes blazing with a golden aura. "Bring her under control.. or.. eliminate her. Hadelies is either my property... or trash."

End of Epilogue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6 2 2
What would you do if you reincarnated in another world? If you weren't a human anymore? If you were really weak? What if you had to fight a dragon th...
166 10 9
What would you do if you were given another chance to live? Most people would take the blade to become the hero or an adventurer. Some want power...
1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...
5.1K 448 62
Book 1 of RoDM series. The black-robed man gave me an indifferent look, and I saw a twisted smile forming on his lips. "All your positive emotions an...