A Walk Through On: Hopelessness

Dying sucks.

Yeah just gonna get that part out of the way.. 

Some people might just go and claim. "Naaaaahhh, it depends on how you die.. it's not dying itself that's the sucky part.

Well, maybe they're right, but at the moment, I didn't care.. cause the current situation was that dying sucked to high heaven....

Except I wasn't actually dead.. Just really really hurt..

I woke up in a large soft bed.. the sound of a heart monitor beeping next to me.

For a moment, I thought I must be back in my world.. that maybe everything. Melia, the Knight Academy, Vel Rider... the Fairy... maybe it was all a hallucination induced by a coma I got after getting hit by a bus or something.

But once I turned my head and got a good view of the heart monitor in question, I knew, that wasn't the case.

It was on a mirror screen.. which was hooked to a silvery looking smooth machine inscribed with Magic Runes.

And judging from the thin frame underneath the blankets, I was still a girl.. and I'd probably remain one for the rest of my natural demon life..

Vel was sitting next to my bed, her eyes widening as she smiled with what looked like immense relief. "EVERYONE! She's waking up!"

"EH!!?" Vel's two Kaiju both jumped onto the covers... spraying flames and ice into the air. "We thought she was sure to die!!"

"Don't bet on Master being so weak!" said Melia, who appeared to be leaning on the other side of my bed.. her chains rattling anxiously. "Master... are you okay? Can you move!?"

"No.." I moaned as I tried to move an arm, and only got it an inch in the air before feeling immense pain and forcing myself to lie still.

I appeared to be wearing a hospital gown of some sort.. and there were bandages all over my arms.. and my body underneath the gown.

"H.. how?" I rasped weakly. "My spine.. my lungs.... I ... "

"Don't underestimate the Healers at General Sora's Hospital.." said Vel. "It took some doing, but the magic they used paid off.. you should be able to leave in a few days.. it was a close one though.. you were right on the edge of dying.  Luckily Melia was able to cling to your life force just long enough using her bond with you."

"Th.. the Daemon..?" I muttered.

It's dead.." said Vel. "He managed to take it down before it could get into the city again.. to think it would attack in the precinct of all places.. Eleanor's really upset. "

"He? Guess Grafton must've followed me back.. he seemed worried.." I muttered. "And yeah.. Eleanor would be upset if the Daemon turned out to be the Commissioner.."

Vel blinked at me, Rime and Blaze tilted on their hilts in confusion, and Melia paused for a moment from fussing over me.

"The.. what?" said Vel.

"The Commissioner." I said. "He was the Daemon.. an elder Daemon disguising himself as a human! Right?"

The door to the room suddenly opened, and Medi and my teacher himself, Fabian, entered the room.

Fabian adjusted his glasses and sighed with relief. "My word.. Mira Franklin, you have a tendency to attract trouble don't you.. it was only thanks to this nice man in the police that we were even allowed to see you-.."