A Walk Through On: Learning The Tragedy of a Thousand Cherry Blossoms.

I'd like to say that I acted like an amazing ace detective or something. Solving crimes and making rhymes.. honestly though I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I may had been very good in my fighting classes, but where crime scene investigation was concerned, I was barely passing with a C minus.

Ever since I started playing games like Red Dead Redemption 2, or the Dishonored series, where choices literally affect the game and how it ends up a great deal, I've found that I'm afraid of the WAY I solve a mystery as well as the solving of the mystery itself.

What if I end up looking at this clue the wrong way which ends up offending so and so, which ends up putting nature out of balance, which ends up getting me fried by a lightning bolt!?

Yeah, you can tell I've played Until Dawn too often.. and to those of you who are reading this and going, 'what the hell is Until Dawn?!'.. I'll just tell you this- Fun game play.. terrible replay value- more like a Visual Novel than actually a game..  and some of the choices make the most stupid things happen.... but still worth a look.

Now.. off my gamer brain for a minute and back to the investigation brain..

Oh who am I kidding? I was thinking too much like a gamer investigator and not a real one. Gaming philosophy probably works well when it comes to fighting or strategy or hand eye coordination.. but mystery games always had a way of just handing the answer to you on a silver platter.. after all, its meant to be fun, and it can't be fun if you're too dumb to solve the mystery. I was too used to having the mystery answer handed to me through story text to really think about  what was going on..

Maybe if I was a better investigator.. I would've seen who the culprit was coming.. and maybe then.. maybe.... Oh.. sorry, can't hand out spoilers can I?

Anyways.. yeah, we went through the tunnels to get to the Northern Province.. Me and Grafton, as well as Sever.. who kind of joined us after he saw me and Grafton leave the palace.

"No way.. you're a princess now? Haha! A demon who knows NOTHING about being a demon becomes the Demon to end all Demons!" said Sever, grinning at me as we walked down the stairs of what seemed to be a subway tunnel by all appearances.

"Uh... I guess..?" I said. 

"HAAA! Awesome" said Sever. "Now you have to learn!"

"We're nearing the station point.." said Grafton. "Over there.."

We stopped in front of what appeared to be a massive steaming train sitting on a large set of tracks  that were trailing off into a long circular tunnel... demons of all sorts were boarding the train as a bell rang.

I stared. I had been imagining some sort of dark dungeon or something where we had to do a lot of walking.

"HAHA! Just cause we don't have the best.. doesn't mean we don't have tech.." said Sever, clapping me on the back. "Don't count your own race out yet Mira... you'd be surprised at what demons have managed in secret.. "

"Please let there be Chicken Fries.. please let him mean Chicken Fries!!" squealed Melia.

I couldn't help but agree with her. Chicken Fries, YES please!

The train ride to the Northern Province felt so... NORMAL.. as in my Old World Normal, that I almost forgot I had been transported to a magical universe.  It felt just like a New York Subway... a voice on the intercom announcing different underground stations where Demon Stores and supply Caches were located.. also announcing the "Northern Province Station" in 14 minutes.