A Walk Through On: Why you really shouldn't drink.

Aren't Fantasy Science Fiction type worlds great? While you're in an ordinary Fantasy World, you know what to expect.. dragons.. knights... wizards.. etc. 

The same goes for SciFi worlds.. you know to expect like robots.. maybe a flying car depending on how far in the future the world is.. the technology varying in advancements from Sword Art Online "Near Future" level to  Star Wars and Star Trek "SUPER DISTANT FUTURE" level.

But when you merge the two genres.. there's no telling how they will coexist. Sort of like this extremely awesome anime I watched called A Certain Magical Index (which I highly recommend to those who haven't watched it.. even if you're NOT an anime fan).  Where you have magi fighting scientifically created psychic powered people.   You don't know what direction a merged genre like that will take.

This the same case when I first got a glimpse of Formond City.

After I came out of Uten Forest after around 10 days of riding, stopping at towns, rest stops.. fast food diners (McDragons is more or less McDonalds with a dragon for a mascot instead of a clown.. glad to know cheeseburgers exist in this world), and the like, I rode through rolling grassy green hills and blue skies for a few days.. until finally I stopped over the crest of a hill and got my first look..

It was a MASSIVE sparkling city in the distance.. shining in the middle of the vast grassy plains filled with scattered trees... it sat in the middle of a huge shimmering lake, with various bridges going out from it's edges a bit like New York City..

The city's buildings looked like the modern buildings from our world.. with glass panel windows or concrete, etc.. only there was more of an aesthetic beauty to them.. Their edges and corners were more rounded and sleek than the typical straight up rectangular shape of our modern buildings..  the architecture giving an impression that they had JUST started making the scifi level advancements.. but hadn't quite reached it yet..

But not ALL of the city was on the ground..  While the larger portion of the city was on the island in the lake's center.. there were various crescent moons shaped floating islands, the crescent shapes making them sort of  look like disconnected puzzle pieces from the main island, rotating around the  the main island.. floating above the lake..  the undersides of the islands looking like pointed jagged rocks, the type you'd expect to see if somebody ripped an island out of the ground of course..

On top of those crescent surrounding islands were even MORE buildings.. looking quite similar to their brethren on the main island..

Finally, there was one large circular island floating RIGHT on top of the main center of the city.. floating higher than all the other islands.. on that central island sat a sparkling castle made of pure silver and crystals.. shimmering as it reflected the light.. it's architecture so intricate.. I could see the complexity even from miles away as I approached it..

"Whoooooaaa" I murmured as I began zooming closer to the city.

"Do you think they have that thing called Shopping Malls that you always tell me about!?" said Melia.

"why would you want to go to the mall?" I muttered.

"To accessorize! Teehee.. get maybe a bow.. some glitter.. a flower hair clip I can put on my blade.. people don't look at me like I'm feminine and it's kind of annoying.. I want something that says.. HEY this giant battle axe.. she's definitely a lady!"

I tried to imagine Melia wearing a girly accessory like a pink large bow... it just didn't fit with her demonic super weapon look.. but of course I wasn't going to tell her that.  We're all free to dream, who am I to take that away from somebody?