A Walk Through on: The Goddess of Death Hadelies

The abandoned building I waited in  with Melia was quite dark...  It used to be a mansion, or so I suspected, the place was huge. And the main entrance hall must have been beautiful back in the day.

But I cared not about that at the moment.  I had Melia in Scythe Form.. resting on my shoulder as I waited, already dressed in my combat uniform.

For a moment there was only silence.. then, the door opened, creaking slowly as Slater stepped in. He was in his human form.. and he eyed me, smirking, as if surprised I actually showed up.

"You must be naive beyond measure.. to invite me here just to finish things.. Mira Franklin." said Slater. "Are you that anxious to die? Where is Vel Rider?"

"I gave her the slip.. she didn't want me to come here." I said quietly. "Me and Melia like to settle things on our own terms.."

"That's right.." said Melia.  "We're taking you down here.. today! Slater!"

"hahahaha!" Slater laughed and his laugh had a Daemon's edge to it.. causing the building to rumble slightly.. as a horrifying dread seemed to fill my very bones.

"You know that I was barely using my full power when we last fought.. and the fact you managed to stay alive so long was mere luck during our fight.."

"I am aware of that." I said.. nerves streaking through me, as I prayed to God Almighty above that this plan worked... and that I lived to tell about it..

Slater smirked as flames gushed from his hands.. "I know your fighting style now.. how you fight.. how you move.. I need not use my full power against you girl.. "

I twirled my scythe around .. the blade flashing red in the dim light of the building. "If you think you can win, then you should have no problem just attacking already... Come on... BRING it.. "

Slater continued to smirk as he stepped forward.. and flames began to envelope his hands.. not enough... I needed him to come at me full strength in full on Daemon form if this trap was going to work..

"Do you know about the History of Daemons..?" asked Slater.

Well, maybe buying time for a fighting strategy check was also good. I bit into that opportunity like a double cheeseburger with Chipotle Mayo.

"Not really.." I said. "They were offspring of Paz... the God of Chaos right?"

"A fledgling god compared to you when you were still Hadelies.." said Slater. "Young.. and inexperienced in the art of 'creation'.  As such, his Daemons were not as fine tuned as his father the god of Hell's... Horgoth.  He created us Elder Daemons as a trial and error to create a son..  you could say we were prototype gods.. because Horgoth was unable to conceive offspring due to his chaotic nature overriding his procreation abilities as a god.  But together with his wife, he completed his research and created Paz.. the Ultimate Daemon God.. superior to me in every way.. but younger than me by far... "

"Your point?" I asked.

"My point is... that the Elder Daemons have been there since Horgoth was Ruler of Hell.. before even Paz took over.. before YOU even became the Goddess of Death.. back when Hades, your father ruled.  I am older.. though there are far older things than me down in the Deep.. and that means I know everything about you.. at a time when you have no memory of yourself.. the muscle memory of how you fight with your Kaiju.. is so familiar to me, that I practically have it memorized... and yet you still think you can fight me?"

I stared in silence, not responding.

"You still fight like the goddess of Death.. your Kaiju holds the memory of the skill you once held as goddess." said Slater.  "You may only be relearning the basics.. but even I can see her unique flare in your movements.. you who were famously the most deadly and graceful fighter of the gods.. with the exception of the Goddess of War Durgavan of course.  And I know every move.. "