《 Every face wears a mask 》

By white_17_rabbit

We all wear a mask. We all pretend. It's like each one of us is playing a role in a play. It's an endless cyc... More

♧ Chapter 1: Nightmares Are Real ♧
♧ Chapter 2: First Encounter ♧
♧ Chapter 3: The Bullies Are Back ♧
♧ Chapter 4: Naruto's Past ♧
♧ Chapter 5: I'll Be Your Friend ♧
♧ Chapter 6: Relapse ♧
♧ Chapter 7: The Sleepover ♧
♧ Chapter 8: Broken♧
^^
♧ Chapter 9: Let the game begin ♧
♧ Chapter 10: Fucked up ♧
♧ Chapter 11: Clowns And Not ♧
♧ Chapter 12: Endless Cycle ♧
♧ Chapter 13: The Pain Is Just Too Real
♧ Chapter 14: Fight ♧
♧ Chapter 15: Kawaii Idiots ♧
♧ Chapter 16: Frustration♧
♧ Chapter 18: Beaten Up ♧
♧ Chapter 19: You Matter More ♧
♧ Chapter 20: 'Cuz Everybody's On Drugs♧
♧ Chapter 21 ♧ Gaara's Good-Bye
♧ Chapter 22: Kankuro's Resolution♧
♧ Chapter 23: Used, Hurt, Hit & Cursed♧
♧ Chapter 24: I...I like you ♧
♧ Chapter 25: You Are Worth It ♧
♧ Chapter 26: Can I play with madness? ♧
♧ Chapter 27: Psycho ♧
♧ Chapter 28: All apologies ♧
♧ Chapter 29: "With the lights out it's less dangerous" ♧
♧Chapter 30: Mending what's broken. ♧
♧ Chapter 31: I'm sure I love him ♧
♧Chapter 32: That smile♧
♧Chapter 33: Danger Danger Danger♧
♧Chapter 34: Bitter-Sweet Revenge♧
♧Chapter 35: Gone Away♧
♧Chapter 36: Welcome Home ♧
♧Chapter 37: Inner Demons♧
♧Chapter38:I Love You, My Dobe♧
♧Alternative Ending♧
A/N
~𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 ℍ𝕚𝕤~

♧ Chapter 17:A Razor, A Joint, A Cigarette Or A Bottle Of Vodka♧

1.7K 72 38
By white_17_rabbit

I have to let him know.

.........................................

Sasuke POV:

After we got home I immediately went to my room. I am not hungry and thankfully Itachi didn't force me to eat this time. When I entered my room I was hit by a strange feeling. I didn't bother to turn on the lights. I just sank to the floor with my back against the door. Here I was alone again. I can't help thinking about Naruto. I promised him that nothing would happen to him and now he is in the hospital. I said I willl protect him, but here I am not strong enough again, just like the incident with my parents. Yes, I know that Naruto is fine but all kind of scenarios cross my mind. What if it ended worse. Alone the thought of losing him sends shivers down my spine. I should have talked with my brother sooner. I am such a bad friend.

After an hour of staring into nothingness I found myself longing for my dear old friend, the razor blade. I can't relapse, no not at this point. I stand up and make my way downstairs to look for onii-san. I found him cuddling with Deidara on the couch while watching a movie. I hesitate at first and recall the times when I used to hate Deidera. Foolish me, I had no idea of love and was afraid that he'd steel my brother away from me. Before I could rethink my decision and go back to my room Itachi noticed me.

"Is there anything you need, Sasuke?"

"Um...I want to talk to you about something, but it can wait."

"No, that's alright." he stood up and came to me. Deidera looked at me confused and concerned. I give him a small reassuring smile that everything is fine. He nods and turns his attention back to the movie while Itachi ruffles my hair.

"What's wrong, Sasuke?"

We go into the spacious kitchen and take a sit. I start looking for my words while Itachi gives me a worried look.

"Is it about Naruto?"

"Yeah."

"Sasuke, it's not your fault. Don't worry he will be okay. I will talk to the principle and this Sakura will be punished if she is indeed at fault."

"What if you won't find evidence? What if it will get worse and I won't be enough to protect Naruto? He's been through so much already, I don't want him to keep suffering."

"I understand you're worry, but you have to have faith. It's going to be okay."

"If you really understand then why don't you do fucking something." I accidentally yell at my brother.

"I'm sorry onii-san, I didn't mean to yell at you."

He gently smiles and gives me a hug. I hug him back and start calming down.

"Are your urges coming back?" I look ashamed at the floor.

"Yeah. A razor, a joint, a cigarette or a bottle of vodka would be perfect right now."

"Sasuke, you are stranger than them. I am so proud of you that you came and talked with me about it. " he says softly

"I am thinking about telling Naruto about my past with Kiba. He should know, but I am scared of his reaction, what if he'll hate me?"

"You won't know until you tell him. I don't think that Naruto would react like that. I can tell how important you are to him and it's better if he hears it from you and not from someone else."

"Yeah, you're right." I hesitate asking my next question. (You can start playing the video above here)

"Itachi-nii?"

"Hm?"

"What is a soulmate?" He's eyes widen a little in shock but then they become soft.

"My, my. How should I put this. It's like a best friend but more. It's the one person who knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person. Actually they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted youand believed in you before anyone else did,or when no one else would.And no matter what happens, they'll always love you.Nothing can ever change that."

(Note: this is a famous quote from Dawson's Creek)

I looked at my brother confused and surprised.

"I see, but onii-san...how can it be forever if forever is an illusion."

"One day you will understand, Sasuke." he said and ruffled my hair while smiling at me. I smiled back. Talking to my brother really did make me feel better.

"Thank you, onii-san."

"Are you sure that you are better? Do you wanna watch a movie with Dei and me?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I am okay now. No, thanks I don't want to come between you and your soulmate. Really nice way of describing Deidara, btw." I tease my brother who starts blushing a little. After that I go back to my room. I find myself thinking about what my brother said and Naruto. I know that I love him, but I don't know if I love him more than just a best friend. Who knows maybe we are soulmates even if I don't believe in such stuff. I start smiling when I think about the blonde and his beautiful ocean eyes. Suddenly I am pulled out of my trance by a notification. I take my phone out and go to my messages. One is from Shikamaru apparently from 6 hours ago.

Yo. I shut the page down and tried to trace the IP address and find out the user. They are not stupid and know what they are doing. They used a public computer to create it and of course fake accounts with no real information. I am sorry, Sasuke. This is all I can do for now.

I sight annoyed then reply.

Thanks, Shika. Damn those guys. I didn't expect them to do that. Kiba doesn't have the brains for that. It must have been either Sai's or Neji's idea. Either way I talked with my brother and we are currently looking for a solution since things got more complicated.

After that I check the other message. It's from an unknown number.

Sasuke, it's Gaara, do you have time to meet right now?

Yeah sure. When, where and why?

In 40 minutes in the park nearby the school. I'll tell you the details later.

K

Even though I consider Gaara a friend as well I don't fully trust him, yet. He might be on Kiba's side, who knows? Better safe than sorry.

......

After I arrived in the park I noticed Gaara on one of the swings. He looks so lonely and broken, just like Naru and me. I walk up to him and sit on the swing next to him.

"Yo." I greet. He looks at me and greets back.

"So, what's up? I doubt that you asked me to come here just cuz you missed me." I say jokingly. He doesn't seem to be in the mood for it.

"You were right. It was Sakura's doing, I overheard them. She was telling the others how she did it so she can get rid of Naruto and have you stay over for dinner. She also seems unaware of Naruto's state. She thinks it didn't work."

I stand up angry.

"That fucking bitch. I knew that we couldn't trust her. Did you record her or anything?"

"No, I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to. When I started recording they already changed the subject."

"Damn it."

"But I can be a witness. Naruto doesn't deserve this. He is the first person who was nice to me and didn't fear me. There has to be something that we can do."

"Having you as a witness can sure help us. You could come with us to the principle on Monday."

He nodded.

"If you hear anything else please tell me."

He nodded again. Suddenly I notice some bruises on his face. I am sure that does weren't there before.

"What happened to you?"

He looks surprised when I ask that and starts looking at the floor attempting to hid it.

"Don't worry about it."

"Who did this? Was it Kiba because you overheard them?"

"That dog-breath means no threat to me. If he pisses me off I'll kill him, before he has the chance to lay a finger on me."

I also notice that he has a hard time breathing. He tries to stand up.

Keyword: tries

But he falls right back on the swing.

"Gaara, what happened with you?"

I notice his eyes getting teary, I soften my voice.

"You don't have to tell me but if you have worse wounds on your body we have to take care of them or they might get infected. At least let me help you.I can bring you home."

"No" he yells a little terrified.

"Then, let's go to my place. Naruto wouldn't forgive me if I would just let you out here like this."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why would you care?"

"You're Naruto's friend but you're also my friend. "

I put one of his arms around my shoulder. I call a cab and after we get home I help Gaara into one of the guest rooms downstairs. I doubt that climbing the stairs in his condition will be easy. I put him on the bed and go get a first aid kit. Good that Deidera and Itachi went to bed.

"Take of your shirt" I demand. Gaara glares at me.

"Chill dude. I won't rape you." Then I realize that this isn't the reason he's hesitating. What's behind his cloths must be really bad.

"I won't judge you. Just trust me I am trying to help you." After thinking a little, he attempts taking his shirt of but he winces in pain. He's shirt already has blood on it so I ask him if he's fine with me cutting the shirt. He nodes and I get rid of his shirt. As soon as I do that my eyes widen. First he had cuts and scars on his arms. His left arm was particularly bad. Two of his wounds opened and there was a visible trace left from a foot which means that somebody pressed his food over his left wrist. I immediately start cleaning the blood and bandage his arm. Next there were bruises all over his body and it reminded me of Naruto's, but these were mostly fresh. He also had burning marks from a cigarette. I notice that someone must have thrown a glass bottle at him and it shattered when it hit his back, cutting it. I cleaned and bandaged all of them while Gaara was trying he's best not to scream in pain.

"You have to endure it a little longer. I'm sorry" I was trying to clean his wounds as gentle as possible. Finally at last I attended the wounds on his face.

"There. All done."

After saying that I went to my room and grabbed something for him to wear.

"Here you can put this on.'' I turned around so he doesn't have to go to the bathroom to change. I went and got something to eat, drink and a painkiller.

"Here. Eat this first before taking the pill."

"I'm not hungry." It took me a little to persuade him but finally I managed. He's more stubborn than me. I didn't think that it was possible. Then I took a sit next to him.

"Who did this to you, Gaara?"

Gaara's Flashback

I was walking to my room after overhearing the others. As I was about to walk into my room somebody pushed me in and locked the door. I fell on the floor and was kicked as soon as that happened. When I looked up I noticed my father with a bottle of vodka in his hand. He's drunk again.

"You piece of shit don't you even dare look at me"

For the past 3 months every time he got drunk and was home, thankfully not so often, he would come into my room and beat me to a pulp. That's the reason why I only came to school on Friday. He calls me all kind of names and lets all his anger and frustration out on me. Kankuro and Temari have no idea of what a monster our father is. He always treats them so nice but me I'm just a nuisance to him.

"You fucking monster. You are the reason why your mom is dead. You killed her."

Tears start rolling down my face.

"Please dad I'm sorry. Please stop."

"Stop? The show has just begun." Right after saying that he drinks the last bit of vodka and then throws the bottle at me. I instinctively turn around and it hits my back, shattering. After that my so called father starts kicking me. Then he stomps over my left wrist. I try my best to stop my scream because I know it will get worse if I let it out. Blood starts dripping from my wrist. Fuck my wounds must have opened. Next he slaps me hard across my face.

"You are a disgrace to this family. You should just die. If I could, I would kill you."

After saying that he punched me once more in the stomach before exiting the room.

"Don't you dare move."

As soon as he left I knew that I had to get out of here before he kills me. I gathered all my strength and stood up. Without caring I opened the door and quickly made my way out of here. While I was making my way out Neji exited the bathroom and we met. He looked at me shocked.

"Don't you dare say anything to anyone" I threaten and make my way out the front door. The truth is that I have had a crush on him for a year now. He's one of my siblings friends, but I know that I have no chance with him. I don't even know why I like him. Then I made my way to the park nearby school where I was supposed to meet Sasuke. Let's hope that he won't notice anything.

End Flashback

Gaara seems to be unwillingly to speak up.

"My father did this to me." My eyes widen while tears start rolling down his face. He starts telling me what happened when his phone suddenly rings. I can only hear parts of the conversation.

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT. WHERE ARE YOU....MONSTER....JUST YOU WAIT..."

Gaara ends the phone call and breaks down in tears. That must have been his father. I hug him trying to comfort him. He is really surprised but hugs back. He starts crying uncontrollably.

"Gaara, what your father does is called abuse. you can't go on like this. You have to report him or else who knows what he will do."

He quickly pulled away.

"No, Sasuke. You can't. Temari and Kankuro will hate me more. He is all they have after my mother's death."

"But Gaara...he might actually kill you."

"SASUKE. I am serious. NO."

"Look just think about it, for now you can stay here as long as you want. My room is upstairs, so if you need anything call me. Also, don't worry. You are safe here."

"Fine."

I was about to leave when Gaara called my name.

"Sasuke?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

"Hn. No prob. Good night."

"Good night."

I went to bed and closed my eyes. I feel exhausted. I can't wait for tomorrow, to see Naruto.

First of all I would like to say sorrrry Gaara. It's for the sake of the fanfic, I still love you.

Naruto: Did my man just hug another man?

Me: Shh Naruto. You're not suppose to know about it.

Shikamaru: You're sadistic af woman.

Me: Comee on guyss

Sasuke: Hn You really are sadistic. Why would you do that to Gaara?

Naruto: So you are trying to say that you love Gaara, teme?

Sasuke: What no ,dobe. I was talking and thinking about you all the time...sheesh

NAruto: Oh so now you insinuate that I am overreacting or what?

SaSuke: Hn

Gaara: sights. It's all your fault.

Me: I am sorry and also thanks for reading and voting and supporting :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 77 10
Eren was rejected by his first love... what will happen once they meet again?
536K 8.3K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
117K 3.2K 6
Eren hasn't been eating, nor has been sleeping as much, and Levi can't stop worrying about him. He has asked the teen what was wrong so many times, y...
1.1M 36.1K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...