Until My Last Breath

By mmonaa1000

„Do you still hate me?" he asks, making me stop and turn around. „Why do you want to know that so badly?" „B... More

Introduction:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chaptet 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126

Chapter 117

719 30 0
By mmonaa1000

Shawn's POV:
„I don't care if doctor Harrison is not available! Tell him to move his ass up from the break room and f*cking help my girlfriend!" I snap at the nurse, not caring how much of a scene I cause.

"Shawn, calm down. They already try to make her stable." Geoff says while holding me back, trying to reassure me but I rip my arm out of his grip.

"Don't f*cking tell me to calm down! I want to talk to him. All you ever do is give her drip infusions that probably don't even have medications in it! Something needs to be done, she can keep going like this until the birth." I say angrily.

The nurse stares at me with almost fearful eyes as I tower above her. I could care less what all these people in the waiting room think about me. All what matters  is that someone finally does something to help Rose and the baby.

„Did you understand me?" I ask, threateningly and all she does is nod before she disappears around the corner. „She has three minutes." I mumble, shooting the gaping people a glare.

„Don't you have something better to do than stare at others?" I shout. „Shawn, stop this now! I get that you are worried. I am too but you can't scream at other people." Nathan whisper- yells as he grabs me and pulls me over to Mike, Ava, Brian, Geoff and Aaliyah.

Rolling my eyes, I shove his hand off me but remain silent since I've already seen the doctor approaching us.

„Mr. Mendes-."

"Cut the crap. Someone needs to help her. Like now." I say interrupting the middle aged man. Before the doctor could react, Nathan pushes in front of me purposely bumping his shoulder into mine as a warning to keep my mouth shut.

Funny that he thinks I would listen to someone who left his own sister alone out of the blue.

„Mr. Anderson, Mr. Mendes. Please come with me." Doctor Harrison says while eyeing me skeptically. He starts to walk down the hall, us following behind.

"Shawn, get yourself together. Yelling at nurses and doctors to do something, won't help Rose and the Baby at all. Got it?" Nathan questions, preventing me from walking into the office.

My jaw clenches as everything in me tells me to put him in his place but I just mumble a ‚yeah' through gritted teeth. I know that freaking out won't help right now but I just couldn't hold back.

"Take a seat, please." Doctor Harrison points towards two chairs in front of his desk before he sits down behind it.

"Since I already heard from a quite frightened nurse that your nerves are very much on the edge, I'll just tell you what's the problem. Is that good?" he asks, watching me over the top of his glasses. A deep sigh leaves my lips as I try to ignore his comment.

"Yes." I nod, waiting for him to continue. He returns the gesture before he reads something on his clipboard for a few seconds. For the first time since we came here, I notice that my heart is pounding rapidly and my hands are shaking uncontrollably.

I can hear my heartbeat in my head and it's almost so loud that it drowns every other sound but as soon as the doctor opens his mouth, it's gone.

"The case is, to say it in simple words, Rose had a mini heart attack. A thin blood vessel was blocked for a little while which caused the shakiness and all the symptoms she had.

It had nothing to do with her disease but of course, the affects on her body are stronger than the ones a complete healthy person would experience.

Now all she needs is to rest. Luckily, there are no consequences for the baby." He explains and both Nathan and I let out a relieved breath. They are okey.

"There's a ‚but', isn't it?" Nathan questions and due the facial expression of the doctor, my body tenses immediately again.

"There is but you already know about it Mr. Mendes. Like I said, her condition is definitely not getting better and I warned you about what the pregnancy can cause.

The medicine is too light to keep her heart working for much longer. All we can do is hope that there won't be any problems during the birth and then she will hopefully get her heart transplant soon."

Rose's POV:
"I already feel better again. Please don't worry about me." I say, taking his warm hand in mine to make him look at me. Sighing, he rises from his chair and sits onto the edge of the hospital bed, facing me.

"You had a heart attack, Rose." Shawn states, staring at my baby bump as he seems to think about something.

"A mini heart attack. Your really think that would stop me?" I point out, trying to get him to smile but without success. His thumb draws all kinds of shapes on the skin of the back of my hand while he remains silent.

"What's on your pretty little mind?" I ask, just like Shawn always does when I seem thoughtful, holding back a grin. A thin smile appears on his lips as his gaze meets mine.

"Stop making me smile." He mumbles, lifting his hand to stroke back a wisp of hair behind my ear. "I love to see you smile." I reply, leaning into his touch as he cups my cheek...

We stay like this for a little longer, admiring each other lovingly. Until the small smile that was adorning his face, suddenly fades, making me frown.

"What?" I question, gently intertwining our hands. A shaky breath leaves his lips and he looks at the floor a few moments before, his eyes meet mime again.

"I can't loose you, Rose." Shawn whispers, his voice seeming to break any moment.

"Shawn..." I start, trailing off because I don't know what to tell him. I have no clue how long I have the strength to keep going. It could be that I make it until birth but I'm not sure. Things like today can happen anytime.

"No, Rose. You don't understand. I can't loose you. I c-can't." He croaks out, shaking his head in frustration.

"Hey Shawn. Shh." I coo as I notice that his eyes started watering. Carefully I move closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He immediately hugs me back, his head resting on top of mine. Please don't cry because of me." I murmur, raking my fingers through his hair in a soothing manner.

"Are you serious, right now? What-... How do you do that?" Shawn asks, pulling back to look at me as a chocked sob escapes him. "Do what?" I question, frowning.

"You talk and act like it's nothing." Shawn sniffles and I lift our intertwined hands to kiss his knuckles.

"How I am able to talk about it like it's nothing? I know about my disease for so many years and I have a little human inside of me. I can't give in and cry everyday because I might won't survive till I get the heart transplant.

Of course, I'm scared... but I can't just life in fear all the time. I have to try to forget it or else I would probably have ten panic attacks a day." I lightly chuckle, tracing along the decorative carvings on Shawn's ring with my finger.

"Or should I be sad all the time?" I question, looking up to Shawn who stares at me with red, watery eyes. The sight alone tears my heart into pieces.

His eyes seem so broken and he eyes me so helplessly and devastated. I knew this day would come but I just thought it wouldn't be so soon. I hate that I'm the cause of his sadness. He doesn't deserve that.

"Stop." Shawn whispers, causing me to give him a questioning look. "Stop, making yourself feel bad because of your disease. It's not your fault that you mean the world to me, Rose." Shawn adds, a single tear rolling down his rosy cheeks which I wipe away with my thumb.

"I just hate to see you like that."

„And I hate to see you in hospital beds. I already saw that too many times." Shawn mumbles, taking a deep breath afterwards. I can see that he struggles to keep himself together at the moment. That's exactly why I can't give up now.

I'm gonna fight until it's absolutely impossible. It's the least I can do to thank him for saving my life. "Shawn, I need you to promise me something." I say softly, making his gaze meet mine as I gently push up his chin with my fingers.

„I swear that I'll do anything in my might, to hold on until the birth but if I can't.... then you have to promise me to be happy sometime again. Please don't think you will never meet another girl-"

„Rose don't." "Shawn come on, you know that there's the possibility that something happens to me. Please just... I want you to be okey." I sigh, feeling how the tears threaten to fall any moment but I have to stay strong now. It's better for him and for myself.

„I know what you want to say but please don't make me promise something when it's not even sure. I believe in you, love. You can do that.

We can do it together, got it? And as long as I don't have to, I won't think about any other girl because you are all I ever wanted and all I'll ever want." Shawn responds, before carefully pulling onto his lap, hugging me close to him.

Knowing that I can't make him promise me that anyways, I rest my head against his warm chest. His shooting scent filling my nose while he strokes through my hair. I wish moments like this could last forever. Just me, Shawn and our little baby....

Wait, that's it! Suddenly, I get an idea which makes me smile brightly. I pull away from the hug to face Shawn and he watches me confusedly.

„Let's get out of here." I state, attempting to climb off of him but his grip around me only tightens. "What do you mean?" Shawn questions.

„I don't want to be here any longer. Let's get out of here! I want to go somewhere." I reply, grinning at him excitedly. "Wha- wait. I don't get it. Where do you wanna go?"

„I don't know. Somewhere! Away from here, Shawn. I want to get out of this city." I say, giving him puppy eyes. A chuckle leaves my lips as he stares at me completely puzzled, like he just saw a ghost. "You can't fly. It's to stressful."

"Doesn't matter! We can drive. Oh my god, a road trip! Shawn we have to do that!" I chirp, feeling so energetic all of a sudden. "What? Rose, I would do that with you but-"

„But what? You want to make me sit at home all day for two months, so I can wait and see if I survive or not? You want to do that to me?" I ask, quirking a brow.

„No of course not but...Rose, please. We can also do many thing here in Toronto." Shawn suggests, his gaze almost begging me that this is all a joke but why the hell not? I only live once, after all.

„Baby, I'm serious. We can drive to California and go to all the cities. I loved it there as we were in Los Angeles because of tour. Please go on this one last adventure with me." I plead, standing up from his lap and pulling on his hands bit he keeps sitting. Completely overwhelmed with the situation.

„Stop saying that it's the last adventure. It's not. We will have many more." Shawn says, causing me to roll my eyes. "But please go on our possibly last adventure with me doesn't sound so badass." I groan, tugging on his hands once again.

„You are crazy." Shawn breaths out but I could see the little smile on his lips. "Crazy in loooveee." I sing, making him chuckle unwillingly.

„Please Shawn. Do it for me. Let's leave. Just me, you and our little baby."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
203K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
166K 4.4K 38
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...