Uncovered - A Shadowhunters F...

By writesbecs

"I'm a Lightwood. No matter the deception I create." Jordyn Lightwood was collateral damage during the Uprisi... More

Transferred
Common Impressions
Unwanted Blood
Confide
Don't Ask
Suspicions
Breaking
Smoke and Mirrors
Confrontation and Comfort
Walk Away
Cowboy Family
City of Enlightening
Glass Reflections
A Step on the Edge
Lightwood Blues
Melting the Mask
Confirmation
Revelation
Sweet Revenge
Just Like This
Family
Sick
Change My Life
Take Two
Okay
Priorities
Fading Features
Parent hood
Way Back to Eachother
Running Out
Momentary
Flat Lines
Complexities
Unforgivable
Readjustment
Date Night
Perfect Life
Lightwood-Bane
Normality
EPILOGUE

Recognise

609 14 2
By writesbecs

ALEC'S POV

It's been days. She shouldn't still be out of it. 

Five days ago we operated to remove the remaining shrapnel from Jordyn's body as a result of the accident all those years ago. We saved her life and as a result she's got a beautiful son and daughter waiting for their mommy to wake up. And I know Trey will be waiting there alongside them. 

In the past few days we've helped him out, not that he was the most appreciative, in taking care of the twins whilst he took a moment or two to clear his head. He never wanted to leave them alone, part of him still feels guilty. 

Like clockwork, he'd sit at my sister's bedside and talk to her. Magnus said that people in comas can hear our voices even if they're unresponsive. I, myself, continue to draw comfort from that. Trey's been tearing himself apart and I don't know what to tell him, we can't reassure him since even we don't know what's going on. She should be awake by now. 

The Institute has taken my time too recently. I've had to cover up Chase Jackson's death as a demon attack and the paperwork alone makes me doubt Jordyn's decision to kill him. He was so hell bent on revenge that he went after not just Jordyn, but Isabelle too. To me that is enough conviction to lock him up in the Gard and forget he ever existed, but Jordyn Lightwood makes her own decisions, I know that enough by now. The thought made me smile. I wondered to myself whether one or both of her kids would adapt that stubborn trait, after all, it's a Lightwood speciality. 

The twins are amazing. Trey has kept them close and has mostly been in the infirmary watching over them, I doubt he's been home since they were born. I've ordered the rest of the Shadowhunters in the institute to avoid the room where we're keeping Jordyn, disrupting any of the equipment right now could be fatal and I'll be damned if it happens even if prevention is possible. I will not lose my sister.

Dawson is sleepier than Isabella but he's just as loud that's for sure. For six days old they both have amazing lungs. They remind me of their mother just looking after them, both with the distinguishable blue Lightwood eyes. I suppose that's what Jordyn must have looked like before she was taken, before she was forced to lose everything around her. 

I was heading to my office to discuss the recent Shax demon sightings in Brooklyn when Izzy cornered me in a panic, "Iz what's wrong?!" I matched her worry whilst instantly developing the worst case scenarios in my head. "It's Jordyn! She's awake, but something's wrong." I heard the words escape her lips but took a moment to process, "What do you mean 'wrong'? Is she okay?" 

"You need to see for yourself, Magnus is trying to fix it but Trey's distraught too." 

I entered the room where my sister was being kept and, luckily for my angelic reflexes, caught the random object being tossed at rapid speed towards my head. "Jordyn? What the hell?" I questioned whilst ducking from the following assaults at me, she's a good shot. 

"Who the fuck are you?!" she screamed at me and I suddenly understood what Izzy meant by 'seeing for myself'. She had amnesia. 

I slowly made my way to a chair and signalled for her to sit down too, the hesitant look on her eyes didn't falter, "No one's going to hurt you Jordyn. We're your family."

She shook her head furiously as she sat down, "There was an accident... mom and dad were driving they weren't doing anything wrong but we flipped. There was fire everywhere and Carter... oh my god he's dead isn't he?!" she said in a sudden burst of confusion an panic. I nodded and watched as she sobbed for her adoptive brother. She doesn't know the accident was years ago, she doesn't remember her time in New York at all. 

She looked up amidst her millions of tears, "Dawson. Dawson Crossfire. Oh my God what have I done?! I should've told him to stay home.. I should've forced him out of the car! He's dead too! They're all dead aren't they?!" She screamed as she collapsed to the floor in tears. I wanted so badly to comfort her but Magnus held me back, he whispered into my ear as I went to fight his grip, "She doesn't know who you are Alec. You'll only scare her more." I nodded and rested my head into Magnus' hand on my shoulder. I looked to Trey, who was currently stood in the corner watching the scene unfold in silence. He barely moved a muscle. 

"Trey?" Jordyn said as she looked up and followed my line of sight, "Trey? Is that you?" 

Trey looked concerned and cautiously stepped forward, "Yeah... Yeah Jord it's me. I'm sor-" he went to apologise before she jumped up and fell into his arms. "He's gone Trey." she murmured over and over whilst he moved his hand up and down her back to comfort her, "I know Gorgeous I know. I'm so sorry you don't remember." 

Jordyn looked up to him with eyes that looked so broken that I watched Trey's water at the sight of them, "Remember what?" 

Trey held her closely to him and began to try and explain. He didn't mention the past month, he didn't talk about Chase Jackson and he didn't talk about her getting stabbed. Most importantly he didn't say anything about the twins or the fact that they were living together. He was speaking to her like I imagine Trey Crossfire, her friend, would talk to her, rather than the man that loved her more than words themselves. I looked up to Magnus for the comfort I needed, I couldn't imagine a world not loving him. 

TREY'S POV

This week has proven one of the most difficult weeks of my life. I was now sat beside my daughter and son's cribs with their tiny hands clutching onto my finger and I saw the only two things going right in my life right now. 

I'd managed to encourage Jordyn that the Lightwoods were her biological family, and that they weren't going to hurt her. It took some convincing but she eventually settled, and I also settled, finding comfort in the idea that she still knew who I was. She was still my Jordyn at heart I just needed to give her mind time to catch up again, and I would do exactly that. But to say it's been difficult would be a great understatement. Yet again I'd lost her. 

I hadn't eaten in days, and I barely drank the constant cups of coffee being pushed my way by Clary and Izzy, so I was considerably exhausted. But seeing her eyes begin to flutter open filled me with so much hope that I thought finally everything would go back to normal. Unluckily for me however, the universe doesn't like giving me what I want first time around. When she woke up and looked at me so blankly, so without compassion and care, I should've known there was something wrong. The sudden jerking of her hand from my own and the repetitive "Who the fuck are you?!" made everything more obvious. She didn't recognise me. 

I almost jumped when I realised that she was leaning in the doorway. She laughed quietly at the sudden scare and quickly resorted back to her grief, "Alec is it? My twin brother? Anyway, he told me you'd be in here. That you spend every night here?" she asked confused before her eyes fell to the two angels sleeping peacefully beside me. She cleared her throat and looked immediately uncomfortable. "Why didn't you tell me that I have two newborns? With you? Kind of important information don't you think?"

"You don't remember the past year, you were grieving your family and Dawson... I guess I didn't want to add to your upset." 

"Why would I be upset?" she asked intrigued, "I always sort of had a thing for you, you knew that much." 

"And I love you, Jordyn. You told me the same. I didn't want to hear you tell me I was making it all up. I didn't want to accept that things have gone back to how they used to be." 

"And how exactly did they used to be?" she challenged, hesitantly moving closer to me and the twins. 

"One sided. Because you don't remember loving me." 

The silence plagued the room as Isabella started to cry, perfect timing, just like her mother. I looked to Jordyn before picking the baby up and cradling her like she were as fragile as thin glass. I watched as Jordyn walked towards Dawson's crib and she smiled as opened his eyes, most likely disturbed by his sister's cries.

"What's his name?" she asked as she stroked the little boy's tiny chest. I smiled widely and spoke up from over the tiny baby I held close to my heart. "Dawson Alexander Crossfire." I said and watched for her reaction. 

She let a single tear fall and I was so tempted to wipe it away, away with every bad thing that she's had to deal with. "It's beautiful." she said. 

"I'm glad you approve." 

"And the girl?" she asked, now watching me hold Isabella. "Isabella Clarissa Crossfire. She's named after-" 

"Clary and Izzy. I know right now I've only known them an hour but I see why I love them so much." 

I watched her still hesitantly soothing Dawson, who was now wide awake. "You can pick him up you know? He's your son after all." I said and waited for her to show some sign of acknowledgement. She slowly reached down and held him close to her chest, fearing dropping him I presume, she looked up to double check that she was okay and I nodded sweetly at the beautiful sight in front of me. She was a natural, I knew she'd be an amazing mom she just needed a real opportunity. 

"What did Magnus say about your memory?" I asked in genuine curiosity. 

"It's temporary, a result of the deprivation of oxygen whilst I went into the coma. Magnus said it should only last for a few days or even less than that dependant on how much stress I put on my body." 

"That's a relief." I said and let out a large breath I had no idea I was holding. The fear of Jordyn not loving me would tear me apart and I don't think I'd have recovered this time around. 

Jordyn put Dawson back into his crib and I followed her with Isabella, placing the baby girl down so delicately. Jordyn walked towards me and I felt her slender hand wrap around mine. "I don't remember everything we've been through this year, but watching how cautious you are around me makes me understand just how much you do love me Trey. And despite not remembering right now, something in my gut is telling me to kiss you. To allow myself to feel this overwhelming compassion that's building up in my chest. So is that okay?" she asked, her hand holding mine tightly. I lent down to reach her lips and placed a delicate kiss on them as though she would break at my touch. 

"I love you Jordyn Lightwood." I said, smiling amongst my tears.

She smiled back widely and leaned into my chest, I wrapped my arms around her petite frame and held her to me, afraid to let her go ever again. I felt her lips move as she spoke up, "I love you too Trey, I just need to remember it." 

And for the first time that week I returned to the loft, I slept on the couch to allow Jordyn to have her space but I lay happily knowing that she'd be okay. Jordyn was okay. The twins were healthy. 

And I'd never been more relieved in my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 4.9K 16
Doctor Spencer Reid, of the FBI's BAU, has a little secret. "When can I say that I'm taken?" "Later." "Okay."
543K 14.3K 48
"I should tell you, I'm disaster." Lexi Mikaelson had pushed down her fears and regrets for too long. Will they finally come out into the open? Book...
313K 7.6K 56
Skylar Morgenstern is the daughter of Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild. She has lived in The New York Institute keeping her separated from...
308K 5.6K 78
Scott has a twin sister named Loralie, they were born about 20 minuted apart since something dangerously went wrong with Loralie. Loralie likes to b...