Flat Lines

I was so ready to confess everything, to finally relieve myself the burden of lying to the one guy I promised myself I'd never lie to. He was watching me intently as I'd somehow stood up and began pacing, holding the thin sheet of my bed close to my bare chest. I was trying to think of an approach, how do you tell someone you love you've been carrying his child for the past five months and never said a word? Exactly.

I held my head in my hands and sat back down on the edge of the bed, "You're going to hate me Trey. And I wanted to tell you I just didn't know how, and now I left it too long and you're going to be upset and hate me and you're going to leave again an-" Trey kissed me. I didn't even see him move before his lips were on mine and offering me the comfort that they possessed so greedily. I will always feel safe in his arms. 

"Trey... I'm-"

"IN TROUBLE!" I heard Clary scream before realising what she'd interrupted, she'd somehow portalled in during my mini breakdown and she looked out of breath, I snapped out of my own confession and used her as an excuse to postpone the conversation. "What's wrong Clary? What do you mean I'm in trouble?" 

Clary coughed awkwardly and I then realised I was wearing nothing but a thin sheet, I laughed and threw on Trey's shirt that had eventually found itself scattered on the bedroom floor. "Right..." She continued, "Chase came back into the Institute today and caused problems with Jace."

"Why am I in trouble then? I've been here all night." 

"I could see that.." Clary trailed off and watched innocently as I sent a glare her way, "Anyway, Chase has sort of, kind of, maybe... gone looking for Trey to tell him about the whole 'Your girlfriend murdered my sister thing'. He thought Jace was Trey."

"That's so messed up he knows I didn't kill her!" 

"And I look nothing like Jace!" Trey chimed in and both Clary and I shot him a look, he shrug, "I am not that blonde!" he continued to justify his argument whilst I just rolled my eyes, mixed in alongside a small laugh. Trey seemed to then come to realisation of the more important details, "Wait... You killed this guy's sister?! Wait... You mean Chase?!" 

I nodded as he started putting pieces together, Trey had only ever met him once and I knew they hated eachother, that was only further confirmed when I heard a scowl of disapproval. Clary looked at me whilst he was distracted, she sent me a look that asked the question I really didn't want to answer. She wanted to know why I hadn't told him. I just shook my head. Now isn't the right time, not after this. 

"I thought he fucked off back to wherever he's from after the funeral, why's he back here." 

"Well remember how he mentioned anti depressants?" Clary asked, I nodded, "Well he neglected to mention the therapy sessions as well, the Clave have an entire dossier on him, in the past few months he hasn't been taking the pills and he's been avoiding therapy at all costs."

"So he's gone full psychopath on Jordyn because he thinks he's responsible for Amber's death?" 

"You remember Amber?" I asked in confusion. 

"You'd be surprised what you say in your sleep." he said as he hooked his arms around my lower abdomen, hugging my glamoured baby bump tightly, I nestled my head back into his chest and just listened to his breathing. Clary brought me out of my daydream, "Jordyn can I speak to you for a moment please? Do you mind Trey?"

"Promise you'll bring her back to me?" he said whilst holding onto me tightly, Clary smiled and nodded her head before I felt Trey's arms release me from my own safe haven. Once I'd changed, she lead me outside and we walked around uptown New York for a small amount of time. Then she hit me with the questions.