Just Like This

JORDYN'S POV

I woke up with more happiness than I'd had in a long time, I wasn't regretful of my actions from the previous night and I felt somewhat relieved of the pressure I'd suffered my entire life. And I knew it came down to one simple thing as cheesy as it sounds. The love I had for the man laying beside me. 

I looked up from the solid chest my head was lying against and watched Trey sleeping peacefully, his stunning face showing that same relief and happiness. Is this what love is? Is this how it feels at long last? His eyes were tightly shut and his soft snores were more of a soothing harmony than that of an annoyance, I'd fell asleep to that sound and I found a great comfort from waking up to hearing it. 

Last night was what I needed. For so long I ached for an end to the loneliness that followed me like a shadow my whole life. Trey had removed that shadow with force and I doubt I've ever loved someone more in that moment. I love him. I'll shout it from the rooftops and wake Magnus and Alec with my screaming if he so wished it. I watched his eyes flutter and averted my own to not seem obsessive. Though I could watch him for years. 

"Morning." I said as I nestled back into his chest, his arm around me tightened as he held me close, "I just want to know you're real." he muttered as he kissed the top of my head lightly and I responded in staying silent, absorbing his words and allowing him to have a moment of peace. I eventually turned around to face him and softly kissed his cheek, "I'm real Trey. I'm real and I love you." 

"Even hearing those words escape your mouth now feels like a dream, I never believed you'd say them never the less to me." 

I tapped his shoulder in offence and he smiled his beautiful smile as wide as the oceans, "I. Love. You." I said once more and kissed his soft lips. "Again." He said as he placed a kiss on my own cheek, I laughed. "I love you." 

"Again." he said as he kissed my jawline. 

"I love you." 

"I didn't hear you that time." He kissed my neck, I shivered under his light touch and could barely comprehend my emotions, "I love you Trey." I said as I pulled him towards me, kissing his lips in urgency. He moved away for a split second and you could've sensed my disappointment from a mile away. 

"Good, because I love you too." was all he said before last night repeated itself tenfold. Every touch and embrace fueled by pure emotion and passion shared between us, holding us to our every movement. This is what love feels like. 

We finally got out of bed and made our way to the living room to find a tired looking Magnus and Alec, we sat at the table once grabbing our coffee and joined them in conversation. "Long night?" Trey joked whilst, unknown to Magnus or Alec, had his hand moving back and to along my thigh. Magnus smiled and Alec went an unknown shade of red, "Probably as long as your own." I spat out my coffee and Trey simply laughed to a point of tears alongside Magnus whilst they continued to make jokes. 

Both Alec and I watched our lovers in annoyance and then met eachothers eyes, silently plotting to end this conversation. I turned to face Trey and ended his teasing with the placement of my hand on top of his own, moving it higher and higher up my leg until he silenced, to which I then got up from my seat and headed to my room to get changed. I could hear Alec and Magnus' mockery as I no doubt left Trey dumbfounded. I laughed to myself when he returned to the room. 

"You really shouldn't have done that babe." 

"Well what is a girlfriend if not a permanent tormenter?" I joked and watched as his face scrunched up in confusion, "Girlfriend?"

I crossed my arms and stared directly into his hazel brown eyes, "I should hope so, I don't tell just anyone that I love them." I smiled and he joined behind me, hooking his arms around my waist. "I bet you don't let your friends do this either do you?" he said as he ran his index finger up and down my side whilst placing a trace of kisses along my neck. "No that honour is reserved just for you babe."