Readjustment

JORDYN'S POV 

It's only temporary... it has to be. 

It's been three days since I woke up. I remember no more than what's been told to me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of the possibility of having to start over, new memories, new thoughts, new feelings... No. 

Trey's been patient, I can't thank him more for that, but I can't help but notice the overwhelming sadness on his face when he tries to get me to remember something. He hasn't given up though. And for that alone I owe him all the love in the world. It feels as though my heart is aching for him, to be close to him, to love him, but my brain is creating a block that I can't seem to break down even with an iron fist. 

He's been sleeping in the guest room for the past few days, or in the twins' room on the chair. It's a comfy chair, but he doesn't deserve to be forced to hide away in his own loft after all, as far as Alec and Izzy have told me, I bought the place for both of us. I'll make sure he knows that. 

I crept my way into the twins' room as not to wake them, or their exhausted father, up. They were perfectly healthy and my heart swelled every time one of them looked at me. They have Lightwood eyes, I smiled to myself as I watched Trey stir in his sleep. The two angels were beginning to wake up as their father settled, deeper than I thought possible, into the armchair. Carefully, I picked them up, one on each shoulder, and slowly exited the room. 'He can have another hour' I thought to myself, they kept him awake all night.

I settled down on the couch with my son and daughter and watched as they made small noises towards each other, already communicating as if they were in sync. Keeping an open and eager eye on them both, I poured myself a cup of coffee and rested myself next to them, they'd fallen back asleep and I was intent on letting them stay like that. I hadn't noticed I'd fell asleep until I felt the soft kiss land on my forehead. 

TREY'S POV 

I woke up to absolute silence. Strange. Usually Dawson and Isabella are my alarm clock in the morning, it had been that way since we brought them home. I loved them both with my whole heart but the early morning get ups at 3AM I was less appreciative. 

I got up and headed towards the bedroom to grab a shirt when I noticed that it too was silent. No adorable snores from Jordyn anywhere to be heard, she really is like her brother in that trait. I didn't know what to think. The panic in my throat was at bay when I heard the harmonious sound of Jordyn singing, I entered the living room to find the twins and Jordyn sleeping soundly, her singing seemed to send her into a slumber as well. I looked at the three most important people in my life, my family, and I knew there and then just how much I'd do to keep them safe.

I grabbed the leftover coffee that Jordyn had left in the pot and started making breakfast, knowing that Jordyn would always wake up hungry, memory or no memory. I was careful not to wake her as I grabbed the plates and began dishing everything up. I laid them down on the breakfast bar and slowly paced over towards my sleeping angel, placing a soft kiss on her forehead to wake her up. "Good Morning Gorgeous." 

Her eyelids fluttered open, adjusting to the morning light, "I didn't realise I fell asleep." she murmured quietly. "Don't worry about it, you must've been tired." 

She got up cautiously as not to wake the twins up, wiping her eyes as she did, "I tried to remember something last night. I was up all night going through my phone, my camera roll, my call records, text messages. You'd be surprised how many photos I take of you when you're being... well... you." she said as she laughed lightly. I cocked my brow in attempt to falsify annoyance, she saw straight past it. "I didn't get anywhere, just figured out I should really answer my phone more often, the amount of angry texts Jace has left me is comical."