Recognise

ALEC'S POV

It's been days. She shouldn't still be out of it. 

Five days ago we operated to remove the remaining shrapnel from Jordyn's body as a result of the accident all those years ago. We saved her life and as a result she's got a beautiful son and daughter waiting for their mommy to wake up. And I know Trey will be waiting there alongside them. 

In the past few days we've helped him out, not that he was the most appreciative, in taking care of the twins whilst he took a moment or two to clear his head. He never wanted to leave them alone, part of him still feels guilty. 

Like clockwork, he'd sit at my sister's bedside and talk to her. Magnus said that people in comas can hear our voices even if they're unresponsive. I, myself, continue to draw comfort from that. Trey's been tearing himself apart and I don't know what to tell him, we can't reassure him since even we don't know what's going on. She should be awake by now. 

The Institute has taken my time too recently. I've had to cover up Chase Jackson's death as a demon attack and the paperwork alone makes me doubt Jordyn's decision to kill him. He was so hell bent on revenge that he went after not just Jordyn, but Isabelle too. To me that is enough conviction to lock him up in the Gard and forget he ever existed, but Jordyn Lightwood makes her own decisions, I know that enough by now. The thought made me smile. I wondered to myself whether one or both of her kids would adapt that stubborn trait, after all, it's a Lightwood speciality. 

The twins are amazing. Trey has kept them close and has mostly been in the infirmary watching over them, I doubt he's been home since they were born. I've ordered the rest of the Shadowhunters in the institute to avoid the room where we're keeping Jordyn, disrupting any of the equipment right now could be fatal and I'll be damned if it happens even if prevention is possible. I will not lose my sister.

Dawson is sleepier than Isabella but he's just as loud that's for sure. For six days old they both have amazing lungs. They remind me of their mother just looking after them, both with the distinguishable blue Lightwood eyes. I suppose that's what Jordyn must have looked like before she was taken, before she was forced to lose everything around her. 

I was heading to my office to discuss the recent Shax demon sightings in Brooklyn when Izzy cornered me in a panic, "Iz what's wrong?!" I matched her worry whilst instantly developing the worst case scenarios in my head. "It's Jordyn! She's awake, but something's wrong." I heard the words escape her lips but took a moment to process, "What do you mean 'wrong'? Is she okay?" 

"You need to see for yourself, Magnus is trying to fix it but Trey's distraught too." 

I entered the room where my sister was being kept and, luckily for my angelic reflexes, caught the random object being tossed at rapid speed towards my head. "Jordyn? What the hell?" I questioned whilst ducking from the following assaults at me, she's a good shot. 

"Who the fuck are you?!" she screamed at me and I suddenly understood what Izzy meant by 'seeing for myself'. She had amnesia. 

I slowly made my way to a chair and signalled for her to sit down too, the hesitant look on her eyes didn't falter, "No one's going to hurt you Jordyn. We're your family."

She shook her head furiously as she sat down, "There was an accident... mom and dad were driving they weren't doing anything wrong but we flipped. There was fire everywhere and Carter... oh my god he's dead isn't he?!" she said in a sudden burst of confusion an panic. I nodded and watched as she sobbed for her adoptive brother. She doesn't know the accident was years ago, she doesn't remember her time in New York at all. 

She looked up amidst her millions of tears, "Dawson. Dawson Crossfire. Oh my God what have I done?! I should've told him to stay home.. I should've forced him out of the car! He's dead too! They're all dead aren't they?!" She screamed as she collapsed to the floor in tears. I wanted so badly to comfort her but Magnus held me back, he whispered into my ear as I went to fight his grip, "She doesn't know who you are Alec. You'll only scare her more." I nodded and rested my head into Magnus' hand on my shoulder. I looked to Trey, who was currently stood in the corner watching the scene unfold in silence. He barely moved a muscle.