Common Impressions

I made it back to my room with no questions asked and without being followed, I forgot to be cautious when I got to the room and nearly screamed when  I saw Trey standing at my door. "Miss me gorgeous?" 

"I saw you an hour ago," I state as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "That didn't answer my question." 

"Again, since when did we become friends?" I ask in annoyance with the sneaking suspicion it won't be the last time I ask him that. "I don't call just any girl gorgeous." 

I rolled my eyes at the pathetic attempt at flirting whilst he carried his stupid grin like it were a badge of honour, "You think way too highly of yourself, you know that right? I'd hate to think I was the first person who told you that."

"Being a first for me is a bad thing?" he questioned, completely changing what I said which ended with me continuing to roll my eyes with more emphasis. Then it dawned on me that this wasn't a planned meeting, "Why are you hear Crossfire?" 

"Well, I've heard the idea that the Nephilim are here to protect mundanes but-"

"Not here as in here..." I say whilst gesturing to the entire room, "I mean what are you doing in my room?"

"It's really rude to cut someone off mid-sentence you know?" 

"It's really rude to enter someone's room unannounced," I state as I realise he's no longer stood at the door, but sat on my bed. "Mr Lightwood was worried about you after you left the training room." 

"And he sent you to come and check up on me?" I ask in confusion. "Technically no but I overheard him talking with Jace Herondale and decided to come myself." 

"So not only were you eavesdropping but you were being intrusive too? Can't say I'm surprised." I say and laugh slightly as he motions a stab to his chest, he was about to start talking, again, before I interrupted his thought. "What were they saying about me?" 

"Oh so now who's being intrusive?" he says mocking my previous comment, "Shut up and tell me what they said before I find a way to lock you out of this room," I said to which he continuously grinned. he shrugged unenthusiastically before speaking, "Something about a scar, Lightwood seems to think you're cutting yourself." 

'Great they think I'm crazy.' 

I refrained from any sort of response in case he was being set up to be here and pretended that I hadn't heard him, inevitably making him more inquisitive. "Do you? I mean I wouldn't tell if you did, I know what the Clave would do if they found out but I don't have to say anyth-" 

"I'm not." was all I said and I saw the first real expression cross his face, relief? "You're not? Then how did you get the scar?" 

I breathed in heavily and considered my options, before deciding against any further conversation, "You can tell Mr Lightwood I'm perfectly fine, I'm not unwell and I certainly am fit for my duty to the Clave." when Trey didn't move from where he currently resided on my bed I let my eyes signal him to the door whilst being my most suggestive self, "You can deliver that message can't you?" And for the first time, he seemed to understand me and he slowly exited the room, leaving me all alone with my thoughts. I decided a short sleep would help me focus. 

When I woke up I reached for my phone and nearly fell out of bed at the realisation it wasn't there and instead in the hands of Isabelle Lightwood. I fixed my bed hair and clearly tired body before attempting to figure out why people find the need to invite themselves into my room when I'm alone. "Isabelle?" I ask to be sure I was looking at the right person with my exhausted eyes. "So it is you?" She responded, "Jordyn Reid. The party girl of Paris." I was shocked when I heard her laugh considering I wasn't exactly the poster girl for duty, but more for the fact I hadn't been called that since the accident. It was what my brother liked to call me.