City of Enlightening

JORDYN'S POV

I stood up almost as if to reflect my agreement and made a phone call. When I entered the room again Alec sighed almost as in relief, I laughed, "Did you really think I was gonna make a great escape whilst you were waiting in the next room?"

"I was waiting for the text, something along the lines of 'I love all of you but fuck you'." I cocked my head and waited for him to keep talking, when he didn't I spoke up, "I don't like goodbyes."

"No. You wanted to put enough distance between us before you even told us you've left." Alec says knowingly and I roll my eyes, why the hell did he have to know my mind as if it were his own? "I needed to leave Alec."

"Why? What was so bad that you couldn't stay?"

I contemplated telling him a lie, but he's already proved he knows my mind perfectly so I didn't see the point, "I'm more than aware you know about the crash thanks to Magnus' joy ride in my memories, but he didn't see that the another reason I came to New York, besides to find my real family of course, was to avenge my dead one."

"And by avenge you mean-" Alec started talking in a suggestive tone, I cut him off, "Kill the person responsible."

"Jordyn.."

"I know what you're going to say Lightwood. I can't do that without being deruned."

"Actually before you so rudely cut me off I was going to suggest you hand them over to the Clave, then request to be the one to execute them." Alec says and I watch his eyes follow my hand, which hand conveniently found itself to clutching my holster. "That's why you carry that? And the gauzes in your back pocket?"

"I couldn't rely on my stele four years ago, I'll be damned if I let myself be that vunerable again."

We sat in silence for a short period of time before a knock sounded on the front door. I greeted our guest and made my way back to Alec. When Alec realised who I was stood with his confusion was more hilarious than surprising, "Magnus what the-?"

"What a lovely greeting Alexander, at least 'southern hospitality' hasn't completely vanished." Magnus said with a small smirk, earning a scowl from Alec, I began to explain as not to get Magnus into too much trouble with his boyfriend, "No. Magnus didn't know where I was so get that look off of your face." I say whilst gesturing to Alec's charming annoyance, "I brought him here because unlike any other warlock I know, I figured you'd tell him everything anyway." I say bluntly and both Magnus and Alec suddenly became very pink around the cheeks, I laughed.

Then it seemed to dawn on Alec, "Wait, What do you mean? I'm not telling anyone else?"

"Alec you do understand right that I'm only telling you because you wanted to know enough to come and find me, I'm no Angel, Lightwood. So I'd prefer if what's said stays between us for a while at least?" Alec nodded in assurance. "Where are we heading then Barbie?" Magnus asked and I could've sworn I heard Alec laugh. "What did you just call me?"

"Barbie. I nearly said Blondie but Jace took that one."

"I have a name you know?" I said with only slight amusement. "Yes," Magnus said, "And I have hair but that doesn't mean I'm going to ask you to brush it."

"I don't even have blue eyes, call Alec Barbie." I retort and watch Alec's expression change to that of offence, "Barbie? Absolutely not."

Me and Magnus were nearly in stitches from the laughter in the room, I had forgotten exactly why we were here to begin with, Alec took pleasure in reminding me. "Where are we going then Jordyn?"