~Weird~ Connor Murphy x Rea...

By jxllycee

Unlike the majority of weird things that happened to me, I'm glad you happened, because I was able to find so... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
thank you

SIXTY-FIVE

1.9K 58 137
By jxllycee

You

That evening, my father and I were just as jet-lagged as everyone else when we stumbled out of the boarding tunnel. When I found out he flew over for my graduation ceremony, I was ecstatic. I guess I was so caught up in whatever I forgot that people actually knew. And cared.

So he accompanied me on the way back home. Now here I was, sleep deprived, jet-lagged, and loopy at an airport. But I was home.

He assisted me in getting my other items from baggage claim before we headed out of the gate and near the airport entrance. I rubbed my eyes as Dad followed behind me and set some of my items down on the chairs. It didn't take long for my two suitcases to feel like rock-filled sacks.

"I'm gonna use the restroom real quick," I told him.

Dad draped his wrist on the suitcase handle. "Alright," he shrugged, "I'll just go once you come back."

I nodded and went off. Shortly pausing, I nearly scared myself when I looked in the mirror when I went to wash my hands. I'm pretty sure people noticed.

Uneven hair, slight bags under the eyes from the not surprisingly sleepless nights at university-- everything.

Around me, people knew what they were doing. And they probably knew what they were going to do in the near future. I had one of these similar thoughts in my dorm during one of the said sleepless nights.

Once I finished, I returned to the waiting area and Dad was getting ready to head to the restroom himself.

I lazily took out my phone from my bag and hit the power button. Disappointed—but not too surprised—when it didn't turn on, I sighed.

Portable chargers are a thing, goddammit, I cursed at myself.

"Dad, what time is it?" I asked him before he walked off.

He looked around before his eyes landed on something farther away. 

"There's a clock right there," Pointing somewhere with a tilted head, my Dad made his way to the restrooms.
Was he trying to hide some sort of smile? What was it, 4:20?

My thumb and finger went to the bridge of my nose. I tried not to be cranky, but I just got off a tiring flight from another state. I closed my eyes, exhausted while I let out another sharp exhale.

I spun around to where he pointed, muttering to no one in particular, "You could've just told me the--"

A breath caught in my throat when I saw him. Taller, more mature, a new haircut.

No matter what changed, he was still him. He was still Connor Murphy.

"...time," I held my breath when my eyes stopped on him.

It's been a while.

The digital clock hanging above read a quarter after 5. When I saw him, I didn't bother hiding my wide grin. There was no way in hell it'd be possible.

I didn't forget you.

Connor donned his typical black shirt with a rough, unzipped sweater. What caught me a little off-guard was his haircut. Still, he was handsome as ever. Connor Murphy was now an adult, but his eyes lit up like a child's.

To everyone else, I seemed reckless; an impetuous girl who returned from college looking forward to being home. Right there, I told myself that I was allowed to be that girl. It didn't matter if people thought that or not because I ran.

Closer and closer, his beautiful smile was so much more visible it made my cheeks hurt.

No words needed to be said aloud. I nearly knocked him over as I threw my arms around him in a crushing embrace, as if I couldn't hug him enough. I felt more and more warmth as he lovingly pulled me closer.

We gasped and giggled merrily in each other's ear.

I raised my head to take a look at him. "Hello to you too," Connor greeted in a lower voice, resting his forehead against mine.

I let out a soft chuckle before lifting my lips to give him a small peck.

Yea, I was home.

•••

Later that night, I caught up with Connor in the car as he drove. He told me about Jared and Gianna attending the same college, and the latter's new girlfriend. Michael and Jeremy apparently moved in together too. Christine no longer worked at Á La Mode but majored in theater.

I told him about my experiences out of state and the new friends that I made. It then occurred to me that Connor and Tasha would've gotten along pretty well. Her boyfriend, however, was the jealous type. Sweet, but careful.

"We should all hang out sometime," I said, taking in all of his stories about them.

He replied with a half-shrug. "Yea, maybe."

The comfortable atmosphere didn't change. However, the signature smell of weed still lingered. Either way, it felt like time hasn't changed as if we had just made plans after school again. This time, we didn't have to worry about schoolwork.

According to him, he had plans once I returned. I, of course, did not mind. I even managed to rest beforehand, so I was energized and very much looking forward to whatever it was.

"So where are you taking us?" I asked through the loud radio that blasted our favorite songs. My hand rested on Connor's on the gear stick. Bracelets and rings still decorated his wrists and fingers as if he's never taken them off.

"Since you're so impatient," Connor began jokingly, stopping at a red light. "There's a new drive-in theater that opened about a year ago."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. I wasn't skeptical at all, it's just that I didn't expect our small town to build another entertainment place, much less a drive-in.

Once the light went green, he nodded and turned. Sure enough, we were already at our destination. Connor paid for our admission and parked someplace not too far from the gigantic screen.

We hopped out and Connor led me to his trunk, facing the screen. He paused before opening, though. "Okay, don't make fun of me for this or something, but I.. This shouldn't be that embarrassing but like-"

"Is there a dead body in there or something?" I asked him.

Connor responded with a soft but nervous chuckle. "Just look."
And with that, he pushed the button at the back of his car. As the trunk door raised up, my eyes went round.

Two soft pillows were propped up towards the back and blankets were laid down across the bottom. I didn't expect any of it, and while he probably thought it was corny, it was actually the sweetest thing. "Woah," I gasped, speechless. "You didnt.."

"Oh but I did," He replied with a little more confidence. His nervousness hadn't abated, I could tell.

I pointed at him, smiling ear to ear. This boy's gonna make my face ache. "You're so extra, Connor." Before glancing back at him, I took another look at the setup. "Why would you be embarrassed? This is amazing!"

"Well, it's cheesy and stuff," He dropped his arms by his side. "I'm not one for things like that but I thought this would be nice."

I snorted, still internally gushing over his action while fiddling with the corner of a blanket.

"Oh my god, you're totally making fun of me." Connor raised his fingers up to his temples, pressing his lips together.

"Why would I? Connor, this is cheesy as fuck. What do you expect?" Looking down, I said, "Thank you. This is.. I can't form words, dude."

He stuffed his hands in his jean pockets. "It's nothing," When I looked up, his cheeks were tinted pink. "Don't tell anyone about this."

"Oh never," I shook my head. Yea, I won't tell anybody that deep down, my boyfriend is a softie. I understood, though. "My lips are sealed. Hey, I'm gonna get some snacks over at the concession. When does the movie start?"

"In a couple minutes or so." He turned on his phone. "Oh, you know what's cool? They actually charge normally instead of upping the prices like regular movie theaters."

"Wait really?" I looked at the neon menu visible from where we were standing. "Movie theaters should take notes."

"I agree."

I nodded. After Connor gave me his order, I rushed to the food stand before a car pulled into the spot beside us. I examined the line that other people filled up, which wasn't too long.

My phone buzzed violently in my pocket and I rushed to take it out. The majority of the messages were from the group chat that was now revived.

Alana: Hello! How is everyone?

Michael: ELLO

Jeremy: you have caps on, babe

Jeremy: you're already loud enough

Jared: HA THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Michael: GODDAMMIT JARED

Jared: HAHAHAHA

Gianna: who the hell gave him crack

I smiled at the first message. Guilt then ran through me since neither Connor or anyone else mentioned anything about Alana. She probably remained enthusiastic and intelligent as ever, though. I knew she was going somewhere with life.

What I also knew for sure is that the group chat won't be changing for a while.

Me: hey :-D

Jeremy: guyS y/n's alive omg

Eventually, I got to the front of the line, gave the lady my order, and soon walked out with a filled to-go bag and a large bag of popcorn. As Connor said, the prices were actually regular.

I looked around for his car before the popcorn started to cool but abruptly stopped. As I backed away after another passing car honked my stomach started to drop. How long did I stay still and silent there, I don't know. However, when I watched what appeared to be Connor's lips on another's, and just like the ground beneath me, I heard my heart shatter.

A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNNN

hey uh i know you're sick of hearing this but i apologize again for the lack of updates. it's basically been kinda all work and no play for me right now.

if you hadn't heard this yet, don't push yourself too hard. work is important but mental, physical, and emotional health is tooooOOOOOO 

also, this is is like almost ending and i'm like sister shook because of how far this has gone oh my glob.

anyway, hope you enjoyed this :))) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 17 12
TRIGGER WARNING: Suicide Attempt, Self-Harm, Anxiety, Panic Attack, Bipolar Disorder, etc. Connor Murphy was always scared of himself, so to make up...
4K 201 15
You had always been bold. Never afraid of a challenge. Giving zero shits about anything. Your best friend, Evan, on the other hand.. (cover by jeremb...
227K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...
1.3K 49 7
Going on a ski trip with your best friend, Zoe Murphy, seemed like an amazing idea. But what will happen when her and her parents get stuck in a snow...