Internal Struggles ~Kylo Ren~

By j4den16

Talia Altair was the heir to the throne on her home planet of Kaorus. A planet which has successfully avoided... More

(1) Coronation
(2) Capture
(3) Weak
(4) Interogation
(5) Escape
(6) A Room
(7) Snoke
(8) Blood
(9) Warning
(11) Departure
(12) Nabee
(13) Abandoned
(14) Contact

(10) Dangerous

38 0 0
By j4den16

Talia's POV

I sat, legs crossed, staring out into space. My mind wandered back to the night before, tormented by the warning my dream had portrayed to me. My home, my kingdom, was in grave danger, and I did not know what to do.

The sound of sheets shifting behind me caught my attention for a moment, but it was not long before I felt my gaze fixate back on the vast space outside the ship.

"Good Morning Talia"

Kylo spoke, his voice deeper than usual

I continued to stare out the window, ignoring Kylo's greeting. I knew Kylo possessed the knowledge of what was taking place on Kaorus. However too nervous to ask him, I kept quiet.

"You are by far, the hardest person to read"

Kylo whispered

I felt myself crane my neck, looking back at him. Raising an eyebrow, I gave him a questioning stare.

"Hardest to read?"

I responded

He nodded, sliding out from under the covers, moving towards me at the end of the bed.

"Have you not figured it out, I can get into people's thoughts? Yet you are the one person I cannot seem to read."

Looking down towards my thumbs, I swirled them around each other, thinking of how to go about bringing up Kaorus.

Kylo slid his hand delicately under my chin, pulling it up to look at him.

"Talia, don't be afraid, tell me what is on your mind."

I pulled myself away from his touch and sighed, sliding off the bed.

"Kylo, I want to go home."

I could sense his body tensing up, as the words escaped my mouth. I knew as well as he did, that there was no way I was going home without proving my alliance to the First Order. However it was impossible to do, knowing the pain they had caused across the galaxy.

Silence filled the room, as I suddenly felt suffocated in it. Turning to meet Kylo's stare, I felt myself frown.

"I need to know that my people are safe..." I pleaded. "Please at least tell me they are being unharmed."

Kylo's eyes soon darted away from mine, as he pulled his black robes on.

"There are traitors on that planet, I cannot guarantee anyone is safe until we can be sure the Resistance are no more on your planet."

I felt my heart drop, as I continued pleading with Kylo.

"There are innocent people on that planet Kylo and you know it."

I felt him tense up more, his eyes burning.

"No one is innocent, we must do what we need, to insure the Resistance is crushed." he hissed

With that, he slid his mask on, glancing in my direction one more time. Then with a few swift movements, he was out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

-------------------------------------

Kylo's POV

I clenched my fists at my sides, storming down the halls of the ship.

How could she not realize her planet was full of Resistance scum. We had been desperately doing search after search for the suspected base on the planet but had come up empty every time. I was running out of time to prove to Snoke that Talia was innocent in all this but she wasn't giving me much to work with.

I made my way to a small room in the centre of the ship. The door opened, parting to reveal a large table, with chairs surrounding it. At the head of the table, stood the repulsive Hux.

Glaring at him through my mask, which went undetected behind my mask, I took a seat.

"What is the report of Kaorus?" I spoke calmly, my voice coming out metallic.

Hux straightened in his chair, rolling his eyes towards me.

"Word has reached to Chyria of the imprisonment of Princess Talia."

I felt my fists clench once again. This would certainly create a problem in us enforcing our rule over Kaorus. As stupid as it would be for King Derin to deploy a rescue team for Talia, I would not put it above him. He too knew Kaorus and Chyria, allied, would be dangerous for the First Order.

"A surface attack occurred early this morning, many of their men wounded, few making it out alive. As well an entire village went up in smoke."

Hux snickered, before continuing.

"My men did an exceptional job, and we will be deploying more in a few hours, leaving nothing to chance."

"Until we can persuade the Princess to pledge Kaorus' loyalty to the First Order, I suggest we move  her to Nabee."

I respond

"I shall inform Supreme Leader Snoke then?"

Hux challenges, his eyes staring me down.

"Do what you must."

I retort, swiftly exiting the room.

As I made my way down the hall, I could feel something in the pit of my stomach. If word had gotten to Chyria of the First Order imprisoning the Princess of Kaorus, there was a high chance they would know what ship she was being held on.

Nabee was a planet completely dedicated to the First Order. Many of the Stormtroopers were hand plucked at a young age, from families on the planet. If there was anywhere that could defend an attack by the Resistance, or from Chyria, it would be Nabee.

Time was running out. Talia would either need to pledge her loyalty to the First Order, or ultimately her planet would need to be destroyed. Or worse. The thought that I had pushed to the far back of my mind. Execution of the Princess of Kaorus.

------------------------------------

Talia's POV

Surprisingly, Kylo held a small selection of books in his room, tucked away under his bedside table. I had spent a few moments trying to pick one out that might be of some interest to me, finally pulling one out.

Kylo had left hastily that morning, and I knew the talk of me going home was a touchy subject. However I longed to go home. To feel the fresh summer breeze on my skin. To feel the long grass of my favourite meadow on my feet.

Settling in on Kylo's bed, I folded up the novel I had picked, creasing the pages back. My eyes scanned the words, feeling myself transformed into the world inside. My worries, for the time being, fading to the back of my mind.

----------------------------------------

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned to hours. Deciding I had enough of the book, I gently set it down beside me.

Reaching my arms above my head, I began stretching them as high as they would go, a small ripple effect of cracks, making their way up my spine. I sighed in relief and leaned back against the headboard.

Soon I could hear the handle of the door twisting, as it was swiftly pushed open. In stormed Kylo, flinging the door shut behind him. He looked just as tense as when he had left earlier that morning. Finally after a few moments, his eyes towards me, noticing I was in his room.

He seemed startled to see me on his bed.

"I did not realise you had let yourself in."

His eyes trailed to the book at my side.

"Well there was nothing to do in my room, so I came searching in yours"

I nodded towards the book, which his eyes seemed to already be on.

He made his way to the other end of the room, setting his mask on a chair, before removing his black robes. All he was left in was his black t-shirt and black pants.

"I can see that."

He spoke almost coldly towards me and I couldn't  help but frown. He had been so comforting the night before, yet now seemed so distant.

"Kylo..." I trailed off looking towards him.

He avoided my gaze, tidying a stack of papers that lay on his dresser. I felt myself move towards him, wanting so bad to feel his arms around me.

Reaching him, I wrapped my arms around his neck, turning his head towards me. His body felt tense as I ran my fingers through his dark hair.

"Kylo, I'm sorry about earlier today...I understand I can't go home. I understand I must pledge my loyalty to the First Order"

I sighed softly. It wasn't a complete lie. I knew I would have to be loyal to the First Order so I could finally return home and help my kingdom get back on its feet. It was something I needed to figure out to lie through my teeth about. My kingdom needed me.

Kylo's head gently leaned against mine.

"I'll make sure you stay safe."

He whispered.

I nodded to him, placing a small kiss on his lips.

I was too faced with an internal struggle. One that was now made even more complicated with these feelings I felt pulling me to Kylo.

Very dangerous feelings indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 1.8K 37
He wants to love. She can teach him how. She needs someone to train her. He must first learn to trust. Both are lost in this crumbling galaxy and a...
674 1 37
Aurora was a Princess, living a life of luxury but never felt like she fit in properly. Her planet was at war with the First Order but she was given...
3.3K 88 42
The year is 30ABY. The First Order led by Snoke has taken over the Galaxy. The old Sith Order has collapsed, but from its ashes rose a new cult of...
41.3K 992 13
Your parents had conditioned you from the very beginning to be happy to marry someone that would bring them wealth and riches. As you grew you realiz...