(14) Contact

Talia's POV

Kylo had kept to his word and I was soon allowed to leave my room for the first time since I had gotten here.

I was sure that Sophia was more than reluctant to allow it but I did not care. After the other night I had spent with Kylo, I was finally feeling better about my chances. No longer did I fear as much that my kingdom and myself would become a lost cause to the First Order.

I finally felt some freedom as I made my way down the white hallways of Queen Sophia's kingdom. Surprisingly the buildings of her kingdom were a lot more brighter than expected, considering this was a loyal First Order kingdom.

There was a small bit of light peeping in through a skylight on the ceiling, indicating that the sun was coming up again. Guards roamed the halls, each giving me a glance as they passed. All seemed, overall, quite peaceful for once.

Making my way further down the hallways, I noticed a door slightly ajar, light pouring out of it. I could hear the faint sound of a transmitter beeping behind the door, catching my attention.

I turned my head to each side, making sure no one was watching me, before peeking my head around the door, pushing it open a slight bit more.

The room inside was completely empty, besides a few chairs and a larger desk. On the desk there sat a smaller black box with wires coming out of different ends. I immediately recognised the device to be a transmitter.

My heartbeat began to pick up as a very risky idea popped into my head. This could be the perfect opportunity to contact someone from Kaorus. Or better yet, even Ayla.

I quickly peeked my head back out into the hallway to make sure that it was clear.

There was no one. The halls were silent as the night. With that, I quickly closed the door as gently as I could and made my way to the transmitter. It would take a few moments for me to get through to Kaorus but I knew it would be worth it. My people needed to finally know that I was safe. After all I had been kidnapped well over a month ago. They probably all presumed I was dead.

My fingers began fiddling around with the wires as I tried to get a signal through. The faint sound of voices over the transmitter made me push even harder, desperately trying to get a signal through.

"This is Princess Talia, can anyone hear me? I repeat this is PrincessTalia."

That's when I heard it. The voice I thought I would never hear again. It almost made me burst into tears.

"Talia? Talia is that you?"

It was Ayla.

"Ayla..." I felt a small laugh bubble to my lips and I felt tears start forming in my eyes.

"Talia!" I could hear her soft sobs make their way through the transmitter and soon I was sobbing.

"It's so good to hear your voice your grace! Are you safe? Have they hurt you? Where are you?" Ayla questioned, not taking a breath in between any of her questions.

I felt myself laugh softly, "Ayla, Ayla please. I'm safe and sound on Nabee right now. I have so much I want to tell you but I don't have much time..."

"How are you still alive? I thought they would have killed you by now?" she continued to sob.

I sighed to myself, "There is a lot more to Kylo than meets the eye. He...he has kept me safe."

There was a pause on the other end and I held my breath for a response.

"Ayla? Are you still there?"