(9) Warning

It had been about a week since I had been shot in the leg, and the ships medic finally agreed to let me go back to my room. Time had passed quickly with Kylo checking in on me every day.

Something had defiantly shifted between us since our kiss. While he may have taken everything from me, I could almost feel some remorse deep down inside him. Small sparks of it, deep down. On top of that he was the only person on the ship not out to kill me, so I allowed my guard to finally fall down around him.

I sat on the small bed, my legs dangling over the side of it. My leg was still wrapped up in a bandage, however the stitches were starting to do their work. No more blood had been seeping through, staining the white sheet below me, nor the bandage.

I could hear the doctor ruffling through some papers on his desk, pen scribbling through them as he signed things and checked things off. He looked up to me and gave me a stern gaze.

"Talia you can go back to your own room now, just take it easy on that leg." he nodded and went back to scribbling through his papers.

I nodded towards him and slowly slid off the bed, taking extra caution putting weight on my left leg. I had dressed myself in a long black dress, that ended at my ankles. It made the hassle of changing my bandages, much easier. Shuffling towards the door, I felt pain shoot up my leg and I winced.

I could do it. I could get back to the room unaccompanied. I was determined.

As I shuffled through the hall, many of the stormtroopers stopped and stared at me. I could feel their eyes burning from behind their masks. I knew none of them wanted anything to do with me, after the incident in which I shot eight of them. I wondered how bad their injuries were, if they were all back to work or still in the infirmary.

I rounded a corner, not paying attention, bumping into someone.

"Watch it birdbrain" I barked, turning my head up to whom I had bumped into.

I felt my heart skip a beat, as I stared up at Kylo. His mask once again covering his beautiful eyes.

"Birdbrain? Was it not you who bumped into me?" his metallic voice questioned.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"Maybe I was the one who bumped into you, but you're still a birdbrain." I felt my lips break into a smile.

I watched as he began reaching up to his mask, pulling it off his head. Tucking it under his arm, he let his lips turn up into a smile.

"It is rude to insult people, your heinous."

I let a soft laugh out before continuing to shuffle past him, headed to my room. I could feel Kylo following behind me.

"Are you lost?" I challenged with a grin.

He rolled his eyes in response and leaned in closer to me.

"Shut up."

He softly placed a kiss on the top of my head, his arm tracing shapes down my arm. I felt myself shiver under his touch and could not help but smile. It felt good to smile. It had been too long.

He proceeded to lead me the rest of the way down the hall towards my room.

Slowly we stepped into my room, Kylo closing the door behind us. I looked up at him, smiling.

"No that's okay, please come in" I teased.

Kylo suddenly looked like the awkward kid at a playground, as he set his mask gently down on the bed, obviously unsure of what to do.

"Sorry, you have had a long few days, I will be next door if you need me."

I bit my lip and looked towards my bed. The night we had shared his bed had been the best sleep I had on this ship. I knew I would sleep much better with him here.

"Wait."

He turned to look at me, his hand almost on the door handle.

I smiled

"Please stay..."

He nodded and pulled his hand away from the door.

I don't know what was suddenly going through my head, but without thinking, I hobbled over to him and placed my lips against his.

He instinctively pulled me closer against him, his hand fitting perfectly in the small of my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips harder against his. Our bodies were perfectly fit together and I felt complete bliss.

Kylo slowly pulled away from my lips, letting out a small sigh, giving me one more peck on the lips before moving towards my bed.

I looked towards him, seeing the conflict in his eyes. He turned to face me and gave me a weak smile.

"Sorry, it's been a long week. I'm quite tired."

I gave him a small smile in return and climbed into bed beside him. Climbing under the covers, I felt him pull me into his arms, wrapping them around me. My hands tucked up against his chest. Soon our legs were wrapped around one another and I felt myself slowly slip into a deep sleep. Feeling completely safe in Kylo's arms.

------------------------------------

Wandering through the trees I took in a deep breath, a small breeze dancing around me. I continued through the woods, before I reached a small clearing which overlooked a large village. Stone homes and shops lined the street. There was a large fountain in the centre of it all, a sculpture of a King and Queen, alongside a young girl, maybe six.

Home.

I smiled to myself and began running down the hill towards one of the many small villages on Kaorus, desperately wanting  to find  Ayla. I reached the bottom of the hill and looked around, ready to see the smiling faces of my people. However it was the complete opposite.

People trudged down the streets, heads hung low. To one corner there were children fighting over scraps of food, throwing punches at one another. Turning my head I noticed a few Stormtroopers pushing villagers over, others shouting commands. Buildings looked run down and looted and there were a few small fires around the square.

This was not the Kaorus I remembered.

My eyes shot open, sweat glistening off my neck. I felt my heart beating against my chest and I sat up, trying to calm my breathing. It was dark. I turned my head to my side and noticed Kylo still sleeping next to me. He was so peaceful when he slept. Not as serious as when he was awake.

I rubbed my head, a now pounding headache causing me to wince.

This dream I had just awoken from did not feel like any others I had. It felt similar to the one I had on Kaorus, the night before my coronation. The night before my father was killed and I was taken prisoner aboard this ship.

I gently laid back down, resting my head on Kylo's chest. Listening to his beating heart.

As I tried to fall back asleep, all I could think of was how this bad dream was most likely not just a dream.

It was of things to come.

----------------------------------

Thanks for reading! :)

Vote and comment