(10) Dangerous

Talia's POV

I sat, legs crossed, staring out into space. My mind wandered back to the night before, tormented by the warning my dream had portrayed to me. My home, my kingdom, was in grave danger, and I did not know what to do.

The sound of sheets shifting behind me caught my attention for a moment, but it was not long before I felt my gaze fixate back on the vast space outside the ship.

"Good Morning Talia"

Kylo spoke, his voice deeper than usual

I continued to stare out the window, ignoring Kylo's greeting. I knew Kylo possessed the knowledge of what was taking place on Kaorus. However too nervous to ask him, I kept quiet.

"You are by far, the hardest person to read"

Kylo whispered

I felt myself crane my neck, looking back at him. Raising an eyebrow, I gave him a questioning stare.

"Hardest to read?"

I responded

He nodded, sliding out from under the covers, moving towards me at the end of the bed.

"Have you not figured it out, I can get into people's thoughts? Yet you are the one person I cannot seem to read."

Looking down towards my thumbs, I swirled them around each other, thinking of how to go about bringing up Kaorus.

Kylo slid his hand delicately under my chin, pulling it up to look at him.

"Talia, don't be afraid, tell me what is on your mind."

I pulled myself away from his touch and sighed, sliding off the bed.

"Kylo, I want to go home."

I could sense his body tensing up, as the words escaped my mouth. I knew as well as he did, that there was no way I was going home without proving my alliance to the First Order. However it was impossible to do, knowing the pain they had caused across the galaxy.

Silence filled the room, as I suddenly felt suffocated in it. Turning to meet Kylo's stare, I felt myself frown.

"I need to know that my people are safe..." I pleaded. "Please at least tell me they are being unharmed."

Kylo's eyes soon darted away from mine, as he pulled his black robes on.

"There are traitors on that planet, I cannot guarantee anyone is safe until we can be sure the Resistance are no more on your planet."

I felt my heart drop, as I continued pleading with Kylo.

"There are innocent people on that planet Kylo and you know it."

I felt him tense up more, his eyes burning.

"No one is innocent, we must do what we need, to insure the Resistance is crushed." he hissed

With that, he slid his mask on, glancing in my direction one more time. Then with a few swift movements, he was out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

-------------------------------------

Kylo's POV

I clenched my fists at my sides, storming down the halls of the ship.

How could she not realize her planet was full of Resistance scum. We had been desperately doing search after search for the suspected base on the planet but had come up empty every time. I was running out of time to prove to Snoke that Talia was innocent in all this but she wasn't giving me much to work with.