A SALVATORE'S LEGACY (Legacie...

By Ellice_O

What if Alaric officially moved on after Jo and married someone else? Annie Saltzman is Alaric's newly wedde... More

"This Is The Part Where You Run"
"Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn"
"We're Being Punked,Pedro."
"Malivore"
"Mombie Dearest"
"Death Keeps Knocking On My Door"
"Maybe I Should Start From The End"
Filler Chapter #1
Filler Chapter #2
Filler Chapter #3
"What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?"
"There's A World Where Your Dreams Came True"
"We're Gonna Need A Spotlight"
"There's a Mummy on Main Street" PART 1
"There's a Mummy On Main Street" PART 2
"The Boy Who Still Has a Lot of Good to Do"
"Let's Just Finish the Dance"
"I'll Tell You a Story"
"There's Always a Loophole"
New Cover!!!!
LAST BONUS CHAPTER FOR THIS BOOK
SEQUEL !

"Hope Is Not The Goal"

5.8K 123 23
By Ellice_O

Annie's POV

"Given our recent influx of monsters,the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Ric said.

"Like Dr Saltzman was saying,local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party,but this is a first for Sasha." Matt told them.

"Thank you Sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end,it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha have-"

I stopped listening to Ric's speech to the kids,only because I noticed MG and Kaleb whispering to one another which made me curious.

So being the nosy person I,genetically am,I started to listen to their conversation.

"I saw you feed on her." MG said,I felt my head shaking side to side in disappointment.

"Yeah,feed. Not kidnap. MG,I'm telling you vampire to vampire..this ain't on me." Kaleb replied,defending himself and I sighed before turning back to Ric.

"Now I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools,which,unfortunately,is necessary,given recent events."

The next few things he began to announce surprised me to say the least.

"Now,I give you permission to compel them,to gather materials,for locator spells because any information we can get will make all the difference." He said.

"Well,I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day. Because that is what heroes do." Lizzie said which caused me to stare at her with furrowed eyebrows.

Why do I feel like soon she'll have hero hair?

"So I volunteer as tribute."

I tried really hard not to face palm.

I mean don't get me wrong I understand where Lizzie is coming from...I think.

But this is no time for her to suddenly feel heroic.

It was quiet for a quick minute or two but then Kaleb stood up.

"I'm in." He said which caused his best friend,MG to get up as fast as he did.

"I'm in too." MG said.

It took another second when another student stood up.

"I'd like to help." Hope said while standing up.

~

(In the woods with Ric and Matt)

"Jogger called it in." Matt told us as the three of us walked over to the back of a flipped car.

"Yeah,the plates match. It's Dana's car." He said as we walked over to the drivers side and saw a red blood streak on the side.

"I think it's safe to say she's not a run away."

I looked over towards a tree where I smelt and saw more blood.

I began to walk over to it with Ric and Matt following close behind me.

"You said the creatures were after a knife that you had sent far away." Matt said.

"They are. And I did." Ric replied.

"This doesn't make any sense." He added.

I bit my lip while looking at my shoes as we kept walking.

Okay so I may or may not have been able to tell Ric about Kaleb and what he did to Dana.

"Ah,damn it." I heard Matt say.

I looked up from my shoes and saw Dana laying still on the ground.

"Actually,it's starting to make perfect sense." Matt said.

"What is it?" Ric asked.

"A vampire bite."

~

We were currently walking back from the squad car to Dana's body.

And by walking I mean attempting to keep up with Ric who is stomping around like a pouty 4 year old kid.

"They're vampire bites Ric." Matt said to Ric who was currently walking away clearly upset.

I tried my best to keep up with them,the best that I could in the heels in anyway.

"If they said they didn't do it,they didn't do it. End of story." He replied.

"No,actually,it's just the beginning,because now I have to put a 17 year old girl in this body bag,then lie to her parents about what actually killed her. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to be on this side of that conversation."

"It's not about sides." I told Matt.

"Oh yeah? Tell that to Dana."

We all looked down at the spot where she was left only to see that she was gone.

The only thing left of her was her white blood stained jacket.

~

"Hi daddy!" Lizzie asked over the phone,he looked over at me,with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey,I thought I'd call,check in,see how things are going." He told her.

"So good." She said.

Their up to something. I know it,Lizzie's a terrible liar. Takes after her mother.

I walked closer to Ric's side and began to speak.

"Really? Define 'good' Lizzie. Because I don't think that involves us tracking down Dana's body to the glove compartment."

"Listen Dad,Annie,it's fine. We cracked the case. It's a spider. But,like,a big nasty spider. And MG's comic books know how to kill it."

I looked at Ric then at Matt and then at Ric's cell phone.

Was this girl serious?

"Comic books? Really? Lizzie,listen to me,what every you're thinking of doing,don't okay? So just tell me where you are and Matt and Annie and I will be right there. And where is Hope?"

"I'm sorry,dad. You're gonna have to trust me for once." She said and then she hung up.

~

(Back at the Salvatore Boarding School later that night)

I sat on the other side of Josie's bed as we watched Ric scold Lizzie for her actions earlier today.

"I specifically asked you to wait."

"I know but-" He cut her off.

"No buts. There are no buts,Lizzie. Okay,being a hero is not more important than being safe." He told her.

"I'm not a hero,dad. The only reason I was trying to be is because that's how you're always treating Hope. Let's be honest. She's better at it than I'll ever be."

"Hope is not the goal. Hope is a cautionary tale. And the reasons I trust her are the last things I'd ever want the two of you to experience. That's why I founded this school. That's why there are rules."

"Well,the only reason why we're alive today is because we broke the rules. Today Hope did a spell that saved us,a spell that we would have known if the school taught us offensive magic. And then Lizzie almost died yesterday because you didn't tell us to be on the look out for monsters."

"Yesterday was not your fathers fault." I told Josie.

"The past couple of days have proven that you cannot protect us from everything. We have to start learning how to protect ourselves." Josie told him.

I sighed knowing she was right.

The three of us looked up at Ric,waiting for his response.

"This is that moment they talk about when parents lose all control." He said.

"Dad." The twins said in unison.

"Alright. I will take it under consideration. Okay? Now...go to bed."

I got up from Josie's bed as they both began to get ready for bed I walked over to the doorway where Ric stood.

"I love you. Sort of."

I rolled my eyes at his comment before pushing him out the door and closing it behind us.

~

Ric and I were walking down the halls to make sure everyone was in bed when I heard a voice and footsteps.

"Evening,officer. Let me guess,you're here to give me a medal."

Kaleb.

I looked at Ric before walking towards the direction of the voice with him right behind me.

"Actually,I'm here to ask you a few questions." Matt said.

"About what?" Kaleb asked.

"About why half of the Mystic Falls cheerleading squad's wearing scarves around their necks." He replied.

"Walk away Matt. We'll handle this." Ric said as we walked up from behind Kaleb.

"Oh,don't pretend like you two are on my side when your the ones who told him. Question is who told you? Lizzie? MG?"

"Actually,you just did." I told him as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I've had my suspicions,but I could never confirm them." Ric told him.

Kaleb nodded before turning to face Matt again.

"So...What are you gonna do about it? Cause I know you ain't locking me up." He said.

He vamped out in front of Matt and while he was distracted Ric put a syringe in the side of his neck making him fall to the floor,passed out.

"I've been doing this too long,Ric. If your kids are a threat,I'll be coming for them." Matt said.

"If you threaten our kids,Sheriff,we'll be the ones coming for you." I told Matt.

~

BOOM!

THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER FOUR & EPISODE FOUR.

What'd you think?

And be honest. Did it suck?

Was it too long?

Not long enough?

Let me know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 3.7K 111
Two years after the death of her father, Hope Mikaelson continues to search for closure under the alias Hope Marshall. After traveling around the glo...
598K 18.6K 64
Hope Mikaelson is the girl who lost everyone around her. Her world started to crumble starting from the death of her mother and all the way to her fa...
What Now? By Jenn

Fanfiction

63.6K 1.8K 41
Ever wonder what would happen if Klaus came back to life? Hope found a spell to bring him back and he has to readjust to the land of the living. Will...
35.9K 656 24
What happens when a new student arrives at the Salvatore School. A student who has a history with the mikaelson family. Join Ethan Davenport as he ma...