Ineffable, ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴋᴀᴠɪɴsᴋʏ (ed...

De itsvikie

Right from the start, from that eventful day at the coffee shop, Rita of Lancaster and Peter Kavinsky felt li... Mai multe

I N E F F A B L E
C A S T
IT'S DESTINY
REMINISCING
PETER KAVINSKY
FALLING
THE THEATRE CLUB
LITTLE WHITE LIES
CONFRONTATION
REALITY vs PRETEND
FINALLY SATURDAY
ROAD TRIP
REALITY SLAP
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
FALLING DEEPER
BLOOD TIES
LACROSSE BOYS
HEALING
TIME JUMP
BIRTHDAY GIFS
REWRITING THE STARS
SURPRISES
IT'S NOT COMPLICATED
THE PARTY
DRUNK IN LOVE?
AFTER PARTY
JEALOUSY
TROUBLE
THE BEGINNING OF THE END
FALLING BACK
REALISATION
OVER
ASSASINS
INSIDE THE CLOSET
DENIAL
RESCUE
THREE, TWO, ONE - ACTION
ALMOST DONE
MOTHER'S LOVE
GIVING IN
F O U R T Y
Final considerations

GREASE IS THE WORD

605 19 6
De itsvikie

  ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌   

G R E A S E   I S   T H E   W O R D 

''You're great Lancaster.'' 

''Well, you're meh.'  

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

''What?'' Peter shouted loudly enough to be heard over the public's cheerful and anxious chatting, making heads turn towards the stage. The two quickly shut the curtains and stepped back. They completely ignored Janet screaming at them there were only five minutes left. ''Your mom is here?''

Rita nodded cupping her own face. Her mind flooding with a hundred questions. She mostly wondered if she was imagining it all. 

''I think she is.'' She whispered, nodding reluctantly.

''Love! That's amazing!'' Peter opened his arms to hug her. His face abundant in excitement. 

Rita was unable to move, she was shocked for the most part so she didn't hug Peter back. 

''I'm so confused. She said she wasn't coming-'' Rita vocalized her thoughts. Peter's hands rested on each side of her neck and he leaned down so their eyes were straight across each other's. 

''She is tough.'' He kissed her forehead. ''She's going to see it!'' 

''For the love of God!'' Janet's arm suddenly dawned between them, startling both as they weren't even paying the slight attention to their surroundings anymore. ''You two save that for your characters!'' 

Rita would normally feel her cheeks burn, turn red in embarrassment as It was something that happened whenever anyone else acknowledged their affection. However, her mind was busy focusing only on the fact her mother was behind the curtains, ready to clap and shout her name once they'd open. 

Six months ago, that's when they last saw each other. Rita couldn't wrap her mind around the fact life was being so good to her, but she for sure was going to enjoy it. 

''Let's do this!'' She clapped and Peter shouted an obnoxious yeah into the air. 

Even tough her heart could jump out her thorax at any moment she was the happiest she'd ever been.  There was not the slightest hint of negativity in Rita's mind in the moment the curtains opened and she was greeted with deafening clapping and the brightest lights. 

If there were any, it wouldn't matter. From the moment the initial music started to echoed trough the auditorium and Peter's hands wrapped around her waist to begin the first scene, she shut off her own feelings to give space to her character's. 

Whereas they were similar towards the boy who's eyes she was looking deeply at. 

''I'm going back to Australia. I won't see you again.'' Rita whined, looking at her feet. 

In the background of the two, who were posing together rather dramatically, stood a sunset, painted on a white sheet that spreaded out across the entire stage. Sounds of waves crashing on rock filled the ,now, silent room. There were two single towels stretched on the floor.

''Don't talk that way  Sandy.'' Peter took his finger to raise Rita's chin to his face. He brushed their noses together. 

''But it's true.'' Rita said turning her back on Peter. ''I've had the best summer of my life and now I have to go away. It isn't fair.'' Ceased the talking she felt Peter's hands wrap around her waist. 

They had gone over that same scene hundreds of times and still, Rita felt as if it was the first time. Her stomach filled with butterflies that hungrily awaited for more of his touch. 

''I know, but listen it's not the end.'' He smirked once he, himself turned Rita to him. His hands cupping her face. 

''It's not?'' She looked hopeful. 

''No. This is only the beginning.'' 

Peter said that and the curtains started to close once again, people clapped loudly and she could perfectly distinguish the noise the lacrosse team was sending their way from everyone else. Her heart could explode from happiness. 

 The two ran out of the stage as soon as the two curtains meet at the middle and the crew rushed to construct as fast as possible the next scenario in stage. It was more complex than before.

The next scenario consisted of two large styrofoam doors with a banner above that read ''Rydell High School welcomes the new Year.''  Two garden bench stood across from each other ahead of it. A card board tree stood in the corner. 

The voice of a radio host spoke to fill the empty. 

''This is the main brain Vince Fontaine, beginning your day the only way. 

Music, music and music! 

Get out of bed, first day of school. 

Don't be a slob, don't get a job.

 Go back to class, you can pass. 

To start the day off, nice and fine. Here's a new old favorite of mine.'' 

Music started playing. 

''One well done. Seventy scenes to go.'' Janet greeted the two immediately as they appeared back stage. ''Peter here!'' She said handing him the T-birds classic leather jacket. 

''Seventy to go.'' He winked at Rita and ran to his mark on the stage as the music was coming to an end. 

Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion. Grease is the way we are feelin'. Grease is the word.

As the music faded Rita ran to the side of the stage. Peter was with his back turned to the audience as he leaned against the door, a girl under his shadow.  She leaned forward to cheek if her mother was in sigh but she couldn't see the first row without being seen herself. She had to wait. 

Lucas who played Kenickie stood resting his foot on a bench, a wiped cigarette between his lips, James, Edward and Will started as they played the rest of the T-Birds. 

Isa aka Rizzo, Adelaine who played Frenchy, Eva aka Jan and Lucy aka Marty, were by her side. Rita laughed as they started talking and so did the rest of the girls who played the Pink Lady gang. 

Rita's eyes drifted from the four boys interacting to Peter, who was doing his part and appearing to flirt with this girl that was wrapping her hair around a pencil. Her books against her chest. 

Rita knew she didn't need to act. She was enchanted by Peter because who wasn't? 

''Hey, there's Danny.'' James shouted pointing towards the door. ''Danny, Danny!'' 

Upon being called Peter turned around. A light shone only on him and his beautiful smirk as he looked first towards the crows, who cheered loudly, and then to his friends. The girl walked of stage and went to the wardrobes. 

Given the classic greetings boys perform with each others they started to speak again. 

''Peter looks so hot, doesn't he?'' Eva said elbowing Rita who simply nodded, not wanting to acknowledge it out loud. 

''He doesn't even have to act. This is is life.'' Isa laughed. 

''You seen any new broads there?'' Was all Rita heard with attention before Janet came grabbing her by the yellow jacket. She needed to go grab her prop books herself because she and Adelaine (Frenchy) were to enter next. 

She wanted all the rush of a backstage to be her work place for the rest of her life for sure. She was thriving. 

The sound of a bell ringing was her sign to jump on stage with Adelaine. The boys exited from the between of the doors and the girls entered from the side, they were previously watching from. She heard Lara Jean shout her name and she wanted to smile but she couldn't. 

''Do I look Ok, Frenchy?'' She looked towards her friend as they slowly walked across the bench aiming to the door. Hugging the books tighter to her chest. 

She wanted to see her mother from the corner of her eyes but the light shinning directly to her was blinding her peripheral vision completely.

''Sure you look good.'' Ad assured, with a sweet voice. 

''I'm really nervous.'' Rita stopped walking. 

''You look terrific.'' Ad smiled and caressed Rita's hair. Rita smiled back and the two turned their backs on the audience and glanced at the door. 

''So this is Rydell?'' Rita wondered. The microphone against her cheek tickling slightly. 

''Yep. You'll love it.'' Ad placed a hand on  Rita's back and they started to walk towards the fake door. 

''I loved the last school I was at! I wish I was there right now. Still I'm no stranger to heartbreak.'' Rita's voice lowered with sadness. 

''Why? You got psoriasis?'' Was the last thing Frenchie spoke before they walked into the door chuckling, and out the stage. 

They heard the rest of the pink ladies walk on stage and act their part. 

Rita was greeted by a smiling Peter who raised his hand for her to slap. 

''You're great Lancaster.'' He said genuinely.

''Well, you're meh.'' She waved her hand and Peter clenched his chest as if he had been shot. 

In the blink of an eye Rita was walking to stage again. 

This time it was divided in two. On the side she walked in, the only side lit up by the lights stood a lunch table with the pink ladies sitting across it. One the other, dark side, stood a tall but miniature bleacher.  She could see Peter's shadow sitting above it. 

''This here is Sandy girls!'' Ad introduced Rita, who acted shy. ''That's Jan, Marty and this's Rizzo.'' Rita smiled to them as if she didn't know them. 

''She just moved her from Sydney, Australia!'' Ad said as the two sat down. 

''How are things down under?'' Isa smirked at Rita and she felt the urge to laugh.

''Fine thanks.''

''How d'you like school, Sandy?'' Eva asked this time. 

''It's different.'' Rita shrugged. 

As Rita stood up to speak about cheer leading try outs to the girl acting as Patty Simcox the scene on the table continued. 

''You guys, how do you like Sandy?'' Ad asked lowly.  Rita was pretending to speak on the background. '''Do you think we can let her in the Pink Ladies?''

''She looks too pure to be pink.'' Isa snorted and their side of the stage went dark.   Rita sat down once again and readied herself to see Peter act again, brushing her feelings under her character's who didn't knew Danny Zuko was there. 

''Hey, I wanna hear about what Danny did at the beach!'' 

''It was nothing.'' Peter stared at the audience, straightening the collar of his jacket. 

''Sure, nothing, Zuko? Right.'' Lucas scoffed and Peter rolled his eyes. 

Rita laughed silently. 

''You got in her drawers right?'' Will said punching Peter's chest repeatedly.  ''Come on tell us.'' He tried again after Peter denied but the light went dark on their side again. 

Rita almost forgot she was next. She was loosing herself on Peter. 

''What did you do this summer Sandy?'' Isa asked, sipping her boxed juice which in reality had no juice inside. 

''I spent most of it at the beach. I me a boy there.'' She said with a wide smile and then she was able to glance at the audience. Her mother was truly there and when their eyes met and she sent her two thumbs up Rita could cry. 

''You hauled your cookies to the beach for a guy?'' Eva laughed and brought Rita's attention back to the stage. 

''He was sorta special.''

''There ain't no such thing.'' Isa retorted. 

''It was really romantic. Everything about it.'' Rita stood up. Peter's side of the stage lit up as well and the whole stage was visible. 

''You don't want to hear the horny details.'' Peter smirked to the side and stood up as well. ''Alright I'll tell you.'' 

Music started playing and they were it for lip syncing. 

''It turned colder. That's where it ends.'' Rita softly sang behind her mic that was turned off. She was now so close to the audience she wanted to jump to her mother's arms. 

''So I told her we'd still be friends.'' Peter was beside her, but they couldn't interact. It was like they couldn't see each other.

''Then we made our true love vow.'' Rita turned her back to Peter and Peter did the same. Their backs touching. 

''Wonder what she's doing now.''

''Summer dreams, ripped at he seams, but oh.'' They sighed. The audience glared at them with widened and excited eyes. 

''Those summer nights.'' They finished singing and the stage went completely black.

Peter's hands wrapped immediately around her waist, pulled her to his lap. He was so excited it was heart warming. 

''Yeah!'' He shouted as he ran with Rita still in his arms to the back of the stage. 

''Peter let me down!'' She laughed. 

''You saw that Janet? We were great!'' He shouted dropping Rita carefully on the floor.  

''The greatest's!'' Janet clapped, pride all over her eyes. 

Everything was working perfectly as the scenes moved. Janet couldn't dream of a better debut and she was almost crying on the side of the stage by the time Rita walked to the front of the stage for her solo lip syncing. The bed that made the sleeping party scenario went out of vision as lights faded above it. Peter and the boys took the car out of the stage with them as they left. 

Rita was past the nervousism. She was in her alma mater.

Hopelessly devoted to you started to echo trough the entire auditorium.

''Guess mine is not the first heart broken.'' She whispered, her head leaned against the swing that hang from the ceiling. ''My eyes are not the first to cry.'' She continued and sat on the sing, crossing her ankles. ''I'm not the first to know, there's just no getting over you.'' Rita glanced to the side of the stage. 

Peter was there, of course he was. He was smiling. Rita smiled back even tough she wasn't supposed to. She was supposed to be heartbroken. 

''You know I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around and wait for you.'' She turned her attention back to the audience. Her mother was cupping her own face, she had tears in her eyes. 

''But baby can't you see? There's nothing else for me to do.'' She looked at Alec, noticing him for the first time all night. She winked at him and he smiled straightening himself on his chair. ''I'm hopelessly devoted to you.''

Rita stood up to anticipate the next line of the song but there wasn't one playing anymore. Her heart sunk immediately as she realized that the play's first mishap was on her solo. 

Janet disappeared from the side of the stage.

Rita scanned the audience, they were as confused as she was, although they weren't as terrified. 

Lara Jean was on the edge of her seat, she was carving her finger nails deep into Isaac's arm. Alec was whispering something to Isaac. Her mother was furrowing her eyebrows looking around and her uncle and aunt were doing the same. Amor looked normal but she didn't understand what was going on. 

Rita's throat was dry and the music wasn't coming back any time soon for what she could tell because the curtains were closing. Janet was frantically motioning for her to leave the stage.

That couldn't happen. This was her audition for UCLA and it had to be perfect. It was her entire future. 

She looked to the other side. Peter was showing profound distress and she knew he wanted to fix it but couldn't. 

 She took a deep breath. There was only one thing she could do. 

''But now...'' Swells of power rose up in her throat as her voice sounded loud across the room.  ''There's nowhere to hide.'' The curtains stopped right when they were about to fully close and retrieved their way and by the looks on everyone's faces no one was expecting it. Not even her co-actors who's mouths were dropped to the floor. 

''Since you pushed my love aside, I'm out of my head.'' She continued, she didn't need a microphone to be heard but the team turned it on anyway. She was glad. 

''Hopelessly devoted to you.'' 

Her voice was smooth, clear and quite yet it was powerful. She never thought she could sing but at that moment Rita realized, along with everyone else she could. 

The entire audience stood up when she finished, clapping and cheering as if of a famous singer it were. If there was anything that could top what she was feeling at that moment she was yet to found out what. 

The stage went dark and she hopped out the stage. 

From that moment on she didn't understand what happened but a sea of people flooded her vision as well as her personal space, congratulating her and showing their disbelief. 

''Let me pass. Move!'' Janet shouted as she tried to pierce trough the mass around Rita who was honestly getting dizzy. ''Are you kidding me?'' She dropped her arms by her sides when she successfully reached Rita. ''You could sing, like that? All along?'' Rita shrugged between laughs. 

''Hey.'' She heard behind her once the commotion calmed. 

''Hey!'' She laughed turning to great Peter. 

''You really are perfect. Aren't you Lancaster?'' 

  ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

V

this chapter is more to show how the play goes rather than the story between Peter and Rita but that's coming I promise ehehe

Do you guys know GREASE? If you don't please go watch it. You're missing out!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

51.8K 703 30
"Steve, I'm scared. I'm terrified something will happen to you." I cupped Steve's cheeks, making him look down at me. "I'm just gonna dive down and...
69.3K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
683K 15.6K 67
when "platonic" doesn't go to plan. t.chalamet | socialmedia started | december first, 2020 finished | december eighteen, 2021 highest ranking !! :) ...
672K 15K 26
Undercover cop, Brian O'Conner is finally given a chance to fulfill his dream of becoming a detective. He's so close he can almost taste it. All he h...