I Am Your Teacher (Severus Sn...

By DorothyGale12

#1 Severussnape March 17th 2019 #1 HarryPotter January 5th 2020 "Because what I want to do is wrong... and I... More

Let me Explain
William Potter
Professor Snape
A Happy Yellow
Romantic
Knock It Off
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Perfect Dress
Finding A Date
Harry
The Ball
Malfoy's Words
Cold Rays of Moonlight
It Doesn't Matter
The Black Envelope
Classrooms
Is This What You Want?
Invasive
You Little...
Jealous, Potter?
Civil
I'll See you Tomorrow
Professor
Packing
Just Two Weeks
The Twins
It's Pretty
What Does Gold Mean?
Christmas Morning
Fredrick Weasley
Respect
The Truth
Draco's Questions
Extremely Inappropriate
A Surprise
Potter
Noon
The Latte Boy
A Secluded Place
Quarters
What's Wrong?
My Now, REAL Date
Should I Go?
You're Okay
Severus?
I Love You
Superior
Expelled?
No Matter What
Graduation Plans
Now We're Even
You're Not Alone
I'm Happy For Him
Always
Contest
I'm Here For You (Draco)
Look At Me (Draco)
Breaking (Draco)
Not Now... (Draco)
Mr. Malfoy (Draco)
"Nothing" (Draco)
It's Nice to Hear From You (Draco)
Now or Never (Draco)
How About This? (Draco)
Daisies (Draco)
Breakfast in Bed (Draco)
Cleansweep (Fred)
You Hungry? (Fred)
Spaghetti (Fred)
Hermione (Fred)
A Common Slu- (Fred)
Moving On (Fred)
His Red Sweater (Fred)
Ronald (Fred)
I Am Thankful (Fred)
I'll Try (Fred)
Steam (Fred)
I'm Gonna Need That In Writing (Fred)

I Understand

8K 316 145
By DorothyGale12

Severus and I sat around for a while in this weird building that he had taken me into. He kissed me for quite some time, but before things got too heated, we stopped, and then we just talked. I'm pretty sure we have been standing here talking for about an hour now. Since Harry got in trouble though, it's not like I had any place I needed to be. I could spend the whole day with Severus if I wanted to... and I do want to. I couldn't help myself from asking questions. I feel like I know very little about him, but I guess today was going to change that. I made sure our conversation mostly settled around him.

I had learned that he wanted to be the defense against the dark arts teacher and that, that was his main goal in his career, perhaps the headmasters' position in the far future if the opportunity ever presented itself. Though these were goals of his future, he made his love of potions very clear to me. I could tell he really loved the subject. I also learned that his favorite color wasn't black, it was buttercup yellow. For some reason, I couldn't picture that in my mind, but he insisted he was telling the truth.

I'll make sure to wear yellow whenever I can now. He had brought to my attention that he didn't really enjoy Malfoy, he thinks he's whiny and can't handle anything by himself. I laughed at his remark, I mean he wasn't wrong. He confessed that he even had dreams about kicking him across the quidditch field. We both died laughing when he told me this story, but I did bring to his attention that Draco was my friend. That seemed to annoy him slightly, but he didn't protest my decisions.

Snape and I began talking for what felt like hours, he practically told me his whole life experience, every secret, every lie it felt like. I was shocked by how easily he opened up to me. He had told me how when he was a student he had dabbled in the dark arts. He seemed nervous to tell me, but I think he wanted me to know him for who he really is. I think his goal was to practically lay his life on the table and see if I still wanted to be with him.

Which I respected, but as he spoke it almost felt like he was trying to tell me the worst things about himself to scare me off. The thing is, none of it bothered me. I was actually impressed and wanted to know more. He had created his own spells and potions. He even has one of his old journals filled with his practicings. He said I could read it if I really wanted to. He confessed that he wasn't the most liked kid growing up and he was bullied quite frequently. Again, I couldn't imagine anyone hurting him, he was so on guard all of the time...

But I guess maybe that's the reason he is that way now. Severus also informed me that he had the talent of legilimency. Which meant he was able to read and interpret people's memories. He promised he never has done it to me, but for some reason, I feel like he was lying. After getting to know him better, he grew silent and just stared at me. Was he expecting me to leave?

"You know you're never going to scare me off right?" I spoke as I stood on my tiptoes to place my lips against his cheek. He smiled down at me, looking rather relieved.

"Let's go somewhere, this place isn't proper." He said holding out his arm to me. Without thinking I wrapped my arm around his. Unexpectedly, it felt as though the world had turned upside down. He could apparate...My stomach twisted as I looked up at him shocked at what had just occurred.

"The last secret, I promise." He chuckled as he looked down at me. In the blink of an eye, we were gone from the dusty old house and now in a forest. It was beautiful. The first snowfall of the season came down from the sky in big fluffs of white. It dusted the forest floor in a chilled blanket of ice. The sun shimmered off of the frozen crystals where the light was peeking through the trees. I felt him slip his fingers in between my own, holding my hand. I felt my body tense at the thought of someone seeing us. He seemed to notice the change in my posture immediately.

"Don't worry. No one comes out here." His voice was low as he spoke to me. I thought for a moment, why would no one come here? Almost like the thought was pushed into my head, I realize that he had taken me to the forbidden forest. Students weren't allowed here... and teachers rarely visited the place. It didn't seem dangerous though? It was actually quite beautiful.

"(Y/n)?" I heard his voice speak barely above a whisper. I hummed in reply.

"Please, tell me more about you. I wish to know everything." He scuffed his feet through the snow as we walked together. He seemed shy, like he was nervous to ask me. I smiled. I didn't know what to say...

"There's not much to tell really..." He just looked at me in disbelief.

"Well, do you have any hobbies?" I thought for a moment about his question. Do I?

"I sing a little...before I found out I was a witch, my dream was to be a singer..." My words were soft. I haven't really talked about myself like this to anyone before. I could barely hear my own words.

"Child's dream obviously, I was only eleven." I chuckled dryly, attempting to lighten my mood.

"You didn't know you were a witch until you were eleven? I thought you said you were a pureblood. Surely your parents raised you like one" His eyes where now lingering over me. I felt so uncomfortable in this situation. I was afraid of being judged, but I don't think I have to worry about that with him... Most of my friends just knew... I never really talked about the subject much. I didn't like to. I cleared my throat trying to ease the tension that was swarming my senses.

"I was raised in foster. I looked up my parent's when I was fifteen. I'm a pureblood... just a muggle raised pureblood." It was quiet for a moment after I spoke. I wasn't enjoying this.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. When I came to Hogwarts and finally made some friends, I was rarely ever there anyway. And now that I'm eighteen, I'm on my own, so good riddance." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood that was around us. I hated thinking about the foster home... it wasn't a home, more like a prison. I hated knowing I left a few of my friends behind in those conditions... it wasn't right and I could do nothing to help them...

"Where do you go for the holiday break?" Severus asked randomly.

"I've been going to the Weasley's since first year." I smiled at the fun memories, letting the ones about my childhood fade away. The Weasley's had welcomed me like family. So did the Potter's, but ever since I had a feeling that Harry and William liked me in a different way, It wasn't always the most welcoming. I mean of course there was Fred that acted a bit odd around me, but he didn't show it that often.

"Would you like to spend the holidays with me?" He blurted out. My heart fluttered by his offer, but I couldn't do that to Ronald and his family. They've gotten so used to me coming every year, I'd feel awful if I just bailed randomly without an excuse.

"I would love too... but I can't do that to them..."

"I understand." He smiled as he wrapped his arm around me.

"We'll have our own Christmas some other time." I laughed as he squeezed my shoulders into him.

"Sorry that my life isn't as interesting as yours." I laughed as I patted his chest.

"I'm sure there is more..." He persisted. I pondered for a moment.

"You want to know more about me?" I asked. He just simply nodded with a small smile as we continued to aimlessly walk around the forest.

"Well, I like to be positive. I care for others probably more than I should at times. I forgive easily and I tend to get taken advantage of if I'm not careful... White is my favorite color... because of the snow actually... I love the winter, it's my favorite season.-"

"You would look breathtaking in white..." He spoke without thinking. I let a light blush dust my cheeks. Did he...reference marriage? I thought, before shaking the idea out of my mind. He couldn't have meant it like that. I desperately tried to think of anything that I could tell him about myself so that the heat at my cheeks would finally settle.

"I'm studying to be a healer..." I spoke, trying to change the subject again, I really didn't want to over think about his previous statement.

"That suits you..." He said as he stopped in his tracks to look down at me.

"We are complete opposites (Y/n)..." Severus was close to me again.

"But I love everything about you." The word love rung in my ears longer than the rest. He placed a soft kiss to my lips as I felt the tip of his cold nose press into my cheek. He held my hands as he took in every detail of my face.

"Where will you go after you're finished with Hogwarts?" I never thought about this before. I was too old to return to foster... I didn't have anywhere to go, and I never really concerned myself with the idea. Except for my jokes with Hermione about living in walking distance from one another. Though I will be graduating before I know it, and I guess I will need a plan before I do.

"I'm a big girl, I'll figure it out." I took in a deep breath as I showed him a reassuring smile. His eyes were staring at mine, but he seemed to have been lost in thought.

What was he thinking?

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

I'm still not sure how long this story is gonna be. I have so many great ideas for it so I am trying my best to not rush but I'm just so excited! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :)

ps. My Severusnape tag dropped to #13... I'm so upset!! :'( lol

Vote, Comment and Follow me, please! I appreciate your reads! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 815 25
Cover done by @Khloeshades Y/N, a hogwarts student in her 7th was always a quiet girl, and nobody truly understood her until a certain professor und...
75.3K 1.9K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...
286K 8.8K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...
54K 2.1K 42
Can anyone say enemies to lovers?? In this story, YOU are the main character. You have a large number of friends and are quote "the rebel" of Hogwart...