The Girl of the Dragon: Zuko...

By Taysumi_Chan

Legend says that under the sign of the dragon a girl shall be born into the fire nation. The girl shall be th... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Zuko x reader Chapter2
A/N
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
not an update!!
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9 ¡WARNING!
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

11.4K 308 274
By Taysumi_Chan

(Y/N) sat in the back corner of her cell staring at the moon through the small window. It was pretty late and the temperature was steadily decreasing by the minute. She had no blanket to warm her body, she resorted to hold her knees against her chest to conserve what little heat she had left. She began to feel fatigued and started to fall asleep. Then she heard footsteps coming towards her.

“Well, you look like you're freezing.” It was Commander Zhao. “I've brought you a blanket so you don't die from hypothermia.” (Y/N) raised from her spot and made her was towards the cell's bars. She reached out her hand in between the bars and grabbed the blanket.

“Thank you Commander for being so gracious.” She grumbled as she wrapped the coarsely blanket around herself, but it was warm.

“Now I was wondering why a lady such as yourself would lie about finding the Avatar?” he smirked at the young girl

“I don't have to tell you anything!” (Y/N) barked.

“If you don't want to talk about the Avatar; I'm not interested. You know there's something that General Iroh said earlier that's been eating at me.” He grabbed a chair and sat right in front of (Y/N)’s cell door.

“What's that?” She sat down pulling the blanket tighter around herself.

“He said that you are from noble blood.” He stared at you. “I knew your parents.” (Y/N)’s body stiffened at the mention of her parents. She tried asking Iroh to talk about her parents but all he ever told her was minor stuff that happened before (Y/N) was borne. “I knew that your father came from a merchant family. So it must come from your mother's side. Tell me what do you know about your family?”

“There's not much that I know of them.” Her eyes gazed to the far left of her cell. “You are right my father did come from a merchant family. He enlisted into the Fire Nation’s army at a young age, and was hand picked to become General Iroh's right hand. During his time in the war he impressed General Iroh, his brother, and Fire Lord Azulon; they gave him the rank of commander. He also become their friends,and then he married my mother. That's all I know. I barely remember them when they were alive.”

“I see,” Zhao was sure she was lying “did you know that your mother wasn't born in the Fire Nation?”

“No, I didn't. Why would that matter?” she stated “there are some people in the colonies that are part of the Fire Nation without being borne to the mainland.”

“That is true only because the colonies are parts of the Fire Nation.” He smirked. “Your mother on the other hand wasn't from either the Fire Nation nor its colonies.”

“ok, I'm still not seeing the point to any of this” (Y/N) said while showing her annoyance.

 “The marriage between a Fire Nation citizen and an outsider was illegal at the time.” he leaned closer towards the cell

“There is no trace of your mother's name before her marriage to your father. It's as if she appeared from thin air. I grew quite curious about the matter. I looked into every single census even those of the

Fire Nation Colonies. There was nothing with her name with it. I knew your mother could predict the future and commune with the spirits.”

“Why are you tell me this?”

“I wanted to know exactly what you knew about your parents.” he leans back into the chair. “I hope for your sake that there's is really noble blood in you.”

“Why would you hope for that.” his statement through (Y/N) off.

“If you indeed have noble blood that means that you possibly could marry Prince Zuko. If you don't have noble blood you might have to settle with someone with lesser titles like a general or commander at best. But that'll break your heart. Wouldn't it?” (Y/N) grew quiet. “I know that Zuko holds a special place in your heart. I'm sure that you would do anything to be with him. Or is it that you are drawn to his title?” He teased only making (Y/N)’s blood boil. Not cause he was trying to make her angry but the was right about her liking the prince.

“Don't be making wild assumptions Commander” She barked as she spat at his face. “It might get you killed one of these days.”

“What makes you think that?” He laughed at her statement as he cleaned his face with a handkerchief.

“You're arrogant. You see yourself above everyone else and it is you that seeks power.” She glared at him. The commander was confused about the way her (e/c) eyes glowed almost as if they were on fire. “Only know that if you achieve absolute power it will also be your downfall.”

“hmm,” the commander shifted in his seat “You know, your mother also gave me the same prediction. But alas I don't believe in mere predictions.”

“I'm sorry. That wasn't a prediction that you have the ability to change the outcome. It will happen because men like you can never change.”

“I can only see myself succeeding I have no room for failure.” he rose from his seat. “Zuko has challenged me to an Agni Kai tomorrow at sunset. He has no chance of winning.”

“You shouldn't underestimate Prince Zuko. He has more strength than anyone I've known even yourself, commander.” (Y/N) spoke trying to knock a dent into the commander's confidence. “I'm sure he'll win tomorrow Zhao.”

“You think so?.

“No matter what happens tomorrow you cannot change your fate for everything has been set in motion against you, Zhao.” an eerie voice lightly echoed as the room grew colder.

“What?” Zhao jumped petrified by the voice.

“For everything has been set in motion against you.” the voice repeated but much clearer enough. Zhao knew it was a female's voice, (Y/N) was the only female in the room but it wasn't her voice. It seemed older. “Against you, Zhao.”

“Who's there?” Zhao roared thinking there was a spy hiding amongst the shadows. “Come out coward!”

“What are you going on about” (Y/N) looked around. “It's only us commander.”

“Did you hear a woman's voice a minute ago?”

“I didn't hear anything but you commander.” (Y/N) looked at him confused by his actions. He stood there baffled trying to figure out if (Y/N) was lying or not.

“It's nothing. I'll see you tomorrow when I face Zuko.” Zhao spoke after he gained his composure and left (Y/N) alone.

The Next Day

Zuko's POV

Uncle has been preparing me for the Agni Kai. We've been meditating for most of the day. Well mostly, uncle took breaks to drink some tea.

“Zuko are you ready to face Zhao?” Uncle broke me from my meditation.

“I'm ready.” I rose from the floor. I wasn't scared of losing but I was afraid that if I lose Zhao might keep (Y/N) as his prisoner.

Uncle and I were LED through me Naval Base towards the combat Arena where Zhao awaited. We made it through the gate. Off to the far side of the arena I could see (Y/N) and the proud commander stood. I held my composure until we grew closer. I could see that (Y/N) had her hands bound with shackles behind her back.

“Unbound her Zhao!” I roared with anger.

“I don't think so.” Zhao announced. “At least not yet.”

“You said that she'd be free to go!” Iroh said with anger on his tongue.

“I've come to like her feistiness.” He walked towards her. He grabbed her hair pulling her closer. “ You don't mind if I keep her as my maid do you.” He glared at me.

My fear was confirmed as I watched(Y/N) fighting through her way out. I could see the pain on her face as Zhao pulled her hair tighter.

“LET HER GO!” I yelled.

“Ok,” Zhao threw (Y/N) into the ground. She tried to get up but her with her hands bound it was difficult for her. “new deal. If I win I keep you young friend here if you win she goes with you. And I'll give you 2 weeks head start on finding the Avatar.” A guard took pity on (Y/N) and helped her up.

“Zuko will win!” (Y/N) spoke as blood dripped from her lower lip. “I'm fine Zuko nothing I can't handle.” she said to me. She knew I was worried for her safety.

“Deal!” Uncle said braking my gaze.

“Hmm.” Zhao took off his shirt. “alright let's get this over with.

“Gladly!” I took my shirt off as well. I looked at (Y/N) one last time. She was blushing and trying to avoid my gaze. I dismissed it as I readied myself to fight.

“Remember your fire bending Basics Prince Zuko they are your greatest weapon.” Uncle gave me the advice. I knew he was just as angry as I was if not more. I knew the he loved (Y/N) as a daughter and it would probably kill him to lose another child.

“I refuse to let him win.” I told him.

Zhao and I got into our fighting stances. The guard ring the gong let us know it was time to begin our duel. I conjured a light fire as I took a deep breath, bring my hands down and up again. I balled my left fist punching the air to release a shot of fire from my fist.

Zhao smiled as he sidestepped to avoid my fire. I shot a few more from a distance also sidestepping with him hoping that one of my fire shots would give me enough time for an opening. I shot off another this time Zhao stood his ground crossing his arms over his torso to block my attack.

My fire shots weren't giving me enough time for an opening. I kick fire from my left leg, only to have Zhao to form a shield of fire in order to break my flames that were coming for him. I tried another kick, Zhao shot fire on the ground from his figure tips to break the flames. I could feel by body burning with fatigue.

“Basics Zuko,” Uncle shouted from the side lines “Break his roots.” I regained my composure. ‘thanks uncle’ I thought to myself.

Zhao punched a couple of fire shots but I managed to split them with my arms. Each step he punched a shot each time I blocked them. The last shot was powerful enough to throw me off my feet. I tried to get up only to see Zhao leaping through the Air towards me. When he landed we was ready to throw another fire shot.

‘Break his roots!’ I remember uncle yelling those words. I kicked my legs up before the fire reached them. I brought my legs down in order to sweep the commander's legs out from underneath him. It worked! I was pumped now. The commander managed to get off the ground. He tried to regain his stance. Now was my opening. I shot off fire from my heel as I slid it forward. This action was enough for the commander to step backwards trying not to get his feet burnt. I continued with this action. I drew enough power to kick an enormous flame that caused Zhao to fall backwards. I rushed towards him. I was in a stance ready to fire if he tried to get up again.

“Do it!” Zhao yelled expecting me to shot fire at his face. The way my father did to me. I yelled and shot fire at the ground next to the commander's head leaving a scorch mark.

That's it? your father raise a coward.” Zhao said in disgust that I couldn't finish the job.

“Next time you get in my way or try to harm those I care about. I promise that I won't hold back.” I began to walk towards (Y/N) to help her out of her restraints. I was too focused I'm trying to help her that I didn't know that Commander Zhao was trying to land a sneak attack behind me. When I looked behind me I could see that uncle was there blocking Zhao's foot. Uncle pushed Zhao’s foot back causing Zhao to slide on the floor. I tried to fight Zhao again only to have Uncle blocking my way.

“Prince Zuko don't taint your victory” Uncle spoke to me. “so this is how the great Commander Zhao acts in defeat? Disgraceful” He spoke to the fallen commander “Even in exile my nephew has more honorable than you. We will be leaving now. Zuko go help (Y/N).” I didn't need to be told because I was already helping her when he told me to do so.But the next time you try to harm my daughter I WILL END YOU!” uncle said with such malice in his voice. “ Also thanks again for the tea. It was delicious.” it was scary to see Uncle Act savagely one second in to see him being the kind Uncle another. The guards carried the sore loser known as Commander Zhao out of the arena.

“Are you alright?” I asked (Y/N)

“No I'm not alright.” she quipped “I've been freezing my ads off and dumb duck didn't give me any food. And proceeded to cuff my hands behind my back and throw me like a rag doll.” I could tell she was angry but her little outburst made me laugh. “It's not funny!”

“ok.” I stopped laughing and only smiled. “Can you walk?” she looked at me and shrugged. She tried to walk only to fall and wince in pain. “You sprained your ankle when he threw you huh?” she didn't say anything. “Do you need me to carry you?” she ignored my request to carry her. She tried to walk again but it didn't work. I grew tired of watching her causing more pain to herself. I walked up to her and picked her up off the ground and carried her in my arms.

“Put me down I can walk.” she squirmed try to get down.

“Would you stop fighting me. You can't walk plus I want to get away from this place as fast as possible.” I held her as tight as I could.

“Alright I'll stop.” she smiled up at me. “Thanks Zuko.” she drifted off to sleep as we made our into the ship. It wasn't long until we reached her quarters. I softly laid her into her bed.

“Prince Zuko?” I could hear my uncle at (Y/N)’'s door. “May I speak with you?” I nodded trying not to say anything afraid of waking (Y/N) up. We made our way to my quarters.

“Close the door nephew.” I did as I was told.

“What is it uncle?” I sat on my my bed staring at my uncle.

“I'm worried about (Y/N)’'s safety.” his face was worried.

“I am too uncle.”

“From now on we're going to take extra precautions when it comes to (Y/N) safety.” he paced across the room.

What do have in mind uncle?

“We're going to train her as much as possible starting tomorrow.”

“Uncle we can't!” I rose from my bed “She has a sprained ankle!”

“She will train tomorrow she must endure the pain in order to protect herself.” he roared. “I don't ever want to see her as someone's prisoner ever again especially to that despicable Commander Zhao.”

“Uncle just give her time to heal!” I barked.

“ I don't need time to heal Zuko!” (Y/N)’s voice could be heard outside of my room. I walked towards the door to open it. “I can speak for myself my Prince. I appreciate your help and your concern Zuko.” (Y/N) limped inside my room and fell.

“(Y/N)!” I raced towards her trying to help her up. She swatted me away.

“I need to get stronger so that I won't need to rely on you constantly helping me!” she yelled, but not at me but at herself. “I am ready no matter how much pain I'm in.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok this chapter took longer than I expected it would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4.3K 23
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
117K 4K 42
" 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗁 ? 𝖮𝗁𝗁 𝗎 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗂𝗇 𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍 𝖺𝗌𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 " . 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗋𝖾𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽...
214K 10.7K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
49.2K 2.8K 66
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...