Chapter 5

After the ship was recovered from the snow and ice they made their way north towards a Fire Nation Naval Base. Since the encounter with the Avatar Zuko has been on edge, almost to the point of paranoia. He stayed mostly in his chambers; always thinking that someone will betray him. The only ones he could trust was Iroh and (Y/N), but he only confided in Iroh during this time.

The ship was a total wreck. The crew had to go half speed, afraid that the ship would be completely useless if they were to work it any faster. It took almost two weeks to get to the naval base; a trip that should've taken six days. The ship and the crew barely made it to the base. You guys were running low on provisions and fuel.

The ship was porting at the docks. (Y/N) stood on the main deck with Zuko and Iroh. (Y/N) watched Zuko gaze upon the docks that connected the sea to the shoreline of the small island. There stood a familiar figure with an intimidation resonating off of him from .

"Commander Zhao." Zuko spat with disgust and hate pouring off his tongue. Who knew that two words could hold so much hatred from the banished prince. (Y/N) has heard of General Zhao and seen him a few times at the palace growing up. But you never had the pleasure or in Zuko's case the displeasure of knowing the man. "No matter what happens(Y/N), you need to stay close to Uncle Iroh and I. Do not leave our side and don't speak of the encounter with the Avatar." You gave him a nod you could feel the fear from Zuko. If anybody who didn't know Zuko personally wouldn't know that he was afraid. To anyone else he is mostly emotionless with a quick temper. You knew why Zuko was cautious towards the Commander and you were completely on Zuko's side of this dispute. "Uncle I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail." Zuko quietly spoke to his uncle as we slowly walked down towards the dock's platform.

"What a surprise to see the banished prince and the great General Iroh." The tall arrogant towered over the young prince. "The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcomed guests any time." The intimidating man held his hands behind his back. "What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is in need of repairs" Iroh gestured to our ship.

"That's quite a bit of damaged?" Commander raised his brow with suspicion.

"You won't believe what happened" Zuko spoke with fake confidence, but soon panicked. "Uncle tell Commander Zhao what happened."

"It was incredibly!" Iroh spoke with some enthusiasm. "What did we crash or something?" Iroh quietly whispered the last part to Zuko. Zuko began to stutter but you gave him a gentle nudge to come up with a clever story.

"Yes!" Zuko glanced at his uncle from the corner of his eye. "Right into an Earth Kingdom's ship."

"Really, you must Regale me the thrilling details." the commander took a step closer. "Join me for a drink?" Zuko tried to refuse and commanders offer, but Iroh insisted on all of us to have a tea party together as long as there was Ginseng tea. Zuko and (Y/N) both were not pleased with the tea situation with the commander. The commander took the offer and led the group towards his tent. As they were walking Commander Zhao glanced back and stared at (Y/N)'s figure. Nobody seemed to notice but (Y/N) and it gave her the creeps.

"What nice furnishings you have here commander." Iroh spoke to break the tension that was building up between everyone inside the tent.

"Thank you." the commander took a seat at a table that was center of the room in front of a fireplace. "The majority of it was what I brought with me from the Fire Nation; although some of it is what I acquired from some of my conquests in my recent years."

"So you are saying that you stole some of these things from defenseless villages that didn't even stand a chance against you and your shoulders," (Y/N) spoke with disgust in her voice. "AM I wrong, Commander Zhao?" (Y/N) took a seat in between Zuko and Iroh and sat across from the commander.

"You're not wrong," Zhao crossed his and tried to stare (Y/N) down. "but I don't have to answer to a lowly maid like yourself little girl."

"Commander!" Iroh spoke with annoyance "You show (Y/N) some respect. She outranks you commander. She comes from noble bloodlines and she is also my ward whom I've come to acknowledge as my own daughter." he glared at the commander "to disrespect (Y/N) you disrespect me as well."

"I'm terribly sorry General Iroh. I had no idea who she was." Zhao's face showed anger and annoyance "but a lady no matter what should know her place!" It was silent for a moment as a servant came and placed cups and filled them with Ginseng tea and left the teapot.

"Know her place, huh?" Zhao spoke calmly "Would you tell my sister, Princess Azula the same?" commander was thrown off by that statement and refused to answer. "mmhm I thought so," Zuko took a sip of his tea "(Y/N) is freely to speak of she pleases." Silent loomed the air for a few moments everyone just enjoyed the tea.

"So how is your search for the avatar going?" Zhao asked suspiciously with the assumption that he already knew the answer. Unbeknownst to everyone at the table that hadn't noticed Iroh's absence. Boom! The noise caught everyone off guard.

"My fault entirely." Iroh apologised for knocking over the commander's small displayed arsenal, and backed away slowly.

" we haven't found him yet." Zuko answered slightly aggressive to the question as he tried to avoid the Commander's glare.

"Did really expect to?" Zhao commented smugly. "The Avatar died 100 years ago along with the rest of the Airbenders. Unless you found some evidence that the Avatar is still alive." The commander's face changed to smugly to cocky like a Shirshu that has caught the scent of its prey. "The Avatar is the only one that can stop the Fire Nation from winning this war. If you have an ounce of loyalty left? You'll tell me what you have found!" His voice was vicious as he tasked the young prince.

"No!"(Y/N) slammed her hands on site table as she stood up. "We have found anything!" (Y/N) glared to the commander "And to insinuate that Prince Zuko has no loyalty to his nation is an insult to him and to the Fire Lord himself! If Zuko didn't have any loyalty he wouldn't be out here on a wild goose hunt all over creation looking for the Avatar whom may or may not be alive!"

"You know my lady." Commander Zhao rises out of his seat to tower over you. "You have the makings of ruler, but you are a mere woman." (Y/N) knew that he was trying to get her riled up and it was working. "You'll have to settle with becoming a bride for diplomatic but you will lose that authoritative voice of yours." His cocky grin grew. "If you're lucky enough you might even become queen but Zuko will never ascend to the throne." Zhao laughed but there was a something in his words that made (Y/N) angry and extremely suspicious.

"That is enough bickering!" Iroh roared. "We are leaving now! Thank you for the tea it was delicious." Iroh tried to smooth things over. Zuko, Iroh and (Y/N) tried to leave the tent but were blocked but two guards.

"Commander Zhao!" Another man appeared behind the two guards. "We interrogated the crew like you instructed." The man made his way closer towards the commander. "They confirmed that Prince Zuko had the Avatar in custody but let him escape."

"Really?" Zhao made his way closer to the group. "Not only did you lie about the details referring to the damage to your ship; but you also withheld information regarding the Avatar." Zhao's sinister grin was almost hard to bare. "That is a treasonous crime even for a banished Prince no doubt." Zhao withdrew his gaze from Zuko not (Y/N). He grabbed her right forearm and dragged her away from the group. " Until we work out all of the details to decide an appropriate punishment for the Banished Prince; I am going to lock this young maiden away." Zhao began to drag (Y/N) out. (Y/N) tried to fight to escape but Zhao being large in stature as well as strong she couldn't escape. (Y/N) looked back hoping for some back up but noticed both Zuko and Iroh struggling to get to you. They were held back by the guards that held knifes against their jugulars. "I assure you that she will not be harmed and that she will be returned to you in due time." Zuko and Iroh stood there defeated as (Y/N) was dragged away as they heard her call out to be released and calling out their names.

~~~~~~~¿~~~~~~~~~

There is a second part to this but it hasn't been written yet but It should be out in the next few weeks.

Hopefully way before Christmas.