Chapter 6

(Y/N) sat in the back corner of her cell staring at the moon through the small window. It was pretty late and the temperature was steadily decreasing by the minute. She had no blanket to warm her body, she resorted to hold her knees against her chest to conserve what little heat she had left. She began to feel fatigued and started to fall asleep. Then she heard footsteps coming towards her.

“Well, you look like you're freezing.” It was Commander Zhao. “I've brought you a blanket so you don't die from hypothermia.” (Y/N) raised from her spot and made her was towards the cell's bars. She reached out her hand in between the bars and grabbed the blanket.

“Thank you Commander for being so gracious.” She grumbled as she wrapped the coarsely blanket around herself, but it was warm.

“Now I was wondering why a lady such as yourself would lie about finding the Avatar?” he smirked at the young girl

“I don't have to tell you anything!” (Y/N) barked.

“If you don't want to talk about the Avatar; I'm not interested. You know there's something that General Iroh said earlier that's been eating at me.” He grabbed a chair and sat right in front of (Y/N)’s cell door.

“What's that?” She sat down pulling the blanket tighter around herself.

“He said that you are from noble blood.” He stared at you. “I knew your parents.” (Y/N)’s body stiffened at the mention of her parents. She tried asking Iroh to talk about her parents but all he ever told her was minor stuff that happened before (Y/N) was borne. “I knew that your father came from a merchant family. So it must come from your mother's side. Tell me what do you know about your family?”

“There's not much that I know of them.” Her eyes gazed to the far left of her cell. “You are right my father did come from a merchant family. He enlisted into the Fire Nation’s army at a young age, and was hand picked to become General Iroh's right hand. During his time in the war he impressed General Iroh, his brother, and Fire Lord Azulon; they gave him the rank of commander. He also become their friends,and then he married my mother. That's all I know. I barely remember them when they were alive.”

“I see,” Zhao was sure she was lying “did you know that your mother wasn't born in the Fire Nation?”

“No, I didn't. Why would that matter?” she stated “there are some people in the colonies that are part of the Fire Nation without being borne to the mainland.”

“That is true only because the colonies are parts of the Fire Nation.” He smirked. “Your mother on the other hand wasn't from either the Fire Nation nor its colonies.”

“ok, I'm still not seeing the point to any of this” (Y/N) said while showing her annoyance.

 “The marriage between a Fire Nation citizen and an outsider was illegal at the time.” he leaned closer towards the cell

“There is no trace of your mother's name before her marriage to your father. It's as if she appeared from thin air. I grew quite curious about the matter. I looked into every single census even those of the

Fire Nation Colonies. There was nothing with her name with it. I knew your mother could predict the future and commune with the spirits.”

“Why are you tell me this?”

“I wanted to know exactly what you knew about your parents.” he leans back into the chair. “I hope for your sake that there's is really noble blood in you.”

“Why would you hope for that.” his statement through (Y/N) off.

“If you indeed have noble blood that means that you possibly could marry Prince Zuko. If you don't have noble blood you might have to settle with someone with lesser titles like a general or commander at best. But that'll break your heart. Wouldn't it?” (Y/N) grew quiet. “I know that Zuko holds a special place in your heart. I'm sure that you would do anything to be with him. Or is it that you are drawn to his title?” He teased only making (Y/N)’s blood boil. Not cause he was trying to make her angry but the was right about her liking the prince.