Zuko x reader Chapter2

Extreme heat that's all you could feel. A raging fire consumed you buy all you saw was darkness. This was very terrifying you could feel it but you could not see. The dark fire burned your body more and more until you do nothing but scream. Screaming for someone to find and rescue you from the invisible flames that continue to destroy you body and soul

You jerked your body awake from your dream and also out of your bed. You body was covered in sweat. You looked around the room. Instead of the royal servant room you had at the palace was replaced by a room made completely out of metal. You could feel the room smoothly rock back and forth.

You slowly reached for the sheets of the bed to help pull yourself off of the floor. When you tried use the muscles in your shoulder. You felt immediate pain. You let out a quiet shriek and released your grip on the sheets of you new bed. You pulled down your sleeve of your black night gown slightly off of your shoulder and saw a bandage. Curiosity got the best of you as you pulled off the bondage your shoulder. You bite your lower lip to quiet down your scream of pain that so desperately wanted to be heard.

You looked carefully at your shoulder and made out a burned hand print. "that bitch!" You said angrily and looked at your other shoulder to find another bandage as well as another burned hand print. "How would I like to kill her!"

Knock knock! You heard the metal door echo throughout your new and unknown room. "yes?" You called to the person on the other side of the metal door.

"(Y/N) are you okay? Can I come in?" You heard Zuko's voice. In a panic you hide your ripped bandages and hide your burns with the sleeves of your night gown.

"Yeah you can come in! You really don't need my permission because you're a prince and all." You mumbled the last part. The metal door squeaked as it was pushed open.

"(Y/N)!" Zuko slight yelled when he saw you on the ground and immediately rushed to help you up. "Why were you on the floor?"

"I'm fine Zuko." You said as calmly as you could hoping he wouldn't see your burns. "I had a nightmare and fell out of the bed."

"No! You are not fine!" Zuko shouted. You started to mentally freak out. "(Y/N) you still have a high fever." He said as he held his smooth cool hand against your forehead. You pushed his hand away from you and blushing but thankfully for you your cheeks were already red from your fever.

"What do you mean I still have a high fever? And who changed my clothes?" You gave Zuko a confused look. You gave Zuko a good look and realized that his left eye was burned. Memories from the fight came pouring in at you drowning your mind and heart for the pain that Zuko must have felt. Tears threatened to stain your feverish cheeks.

"Don't worry yourself its only a burn." Zuko said cocky as he noticed your stare. "To answer your questions. Uncle says you've been unconscious because of your fever for five days, and I am not sure who changed your clothes." Zuko laid your weak body onto the bed. "I've been banished from the fire nation. My own father has sent me away to look for the Avatar." Zuko looked down in defeat "the avatar, who hasn't been seen in the last hundred years. For all I know is that he is dead. I will never bring honor to my family or to the fire nation." Zuko cradled his head in his hands as his elbows rested upon his knee.

You crawled over to him and hugged his shoulders. This movement was extremely painful but you hid it because it was no where as painful as what Zuko is going through. "Zuko," you said softly "I believe in you. Fate would not have put you in this position for a reason. I think it is that you will find the avatar, return to the fire nation and become the next Firelord." Tear rolled off of your cheeks. "I believe that you will be a great and kind ruler."

"Thanks (Y/N). You are a great friend." He removed himself from your comforting arms and laid you back down gently. "You need to rest so you can recover from this dreadful fever. Uncle or I might check on you later." Zuko walked out of your room and as gently as he could he closed the squeaky metal door. Not soon after Zuko left you drifted off to sleep.