Chapter 7

(FV/FRT)= Favorite Fruit

It's been a few weeks of tedious training with Iroh. (Y/N) has been improving. Or says Iroh. Zuko was helping her in the beginning. (Y/N) noticed something strange about Zuko. He's been on edge as of late as well as sneaking off the ship. The crew thought that he had a secret girl on land. (Y/N) knew better. He had not taken interest in any girls. His only focus was the Avatar.

(Y/N) sat in the corner room of the captain's control room. You watched as Iroh hustled the fellow crew members as Zuko fumed pacing back and forth. A metal screech interrupted everyone's attention.

“What are they doing here.” Zuko huffed.

“Whatever it is it's not great news.” (Y/N) spoke whiling looking at the other ship. Everyone stood there in silence waiting for the other men to deliver their news. The men entered the room making everyone unsettled except Iroh whom didn't care at the moment.

“The the hunt for the Avatar has been given prime importance all information regarding the Avatar must be reported to Admiral Zhao.” the officer spoke towards everyone in the room. Iroh congratulated the fact that Commander Zhao had been promoted to Admiral. In away Iroh was joking about his promotion while he played his game.

“I've got nothing to report to Zhao.” Zuko spoke harshly “now get off my ship and let us pass.” he parked towards the men.

“Admiral Zhao isn't allowing ships to come in or out of this area.” the men spoke to Zuko like a child. “ he would also like a word with (Y/N) over recent actions.”

“Oh isn't that nice,” (Y/N) mocked “you can tell me I'm wrong that I refuse to speak to a bastard like him.” she forced as much hatred into her words to accentuate her refusal.

“Get off my ship” Zuko ordered as he stared the men down. And with his order the men left.

“What should we do?” (Y/N) asked

“I guess we have to wait.” Zuko walked towards the door. “until we can find a course to go around.” he left the room. (Y/N) wasn't sure what Zuko was up to. Usually he would be extremely angry at the situation and would go off to blow off steam. But he was remarkably calm. Something was wrong with him, and you were going to find out. She followed Zuko quietly trying not to alert him.

After awhile he reached his room with (Y/N) a yard or two behind him. She waited outside the door for him. He eventually came out dressed all in black with a bag draped across his shoulder.

“Where are you off to Zuko.” Zuko jumped as (Y/N) stood there with her arms crossed across her chest.

“No where.” Zuko spoke without turning to face her.

“Hog Monkeys!” she spat. “I know that you've been sneaking off the ship every now and then.” (Y/N) walked around his form to look him in the eye. “Don't lie to me Zuko!” She eyed his bag. “What's in the bag.” she managed to yank the bag off his shoulder. He tried to reach for it only to have (Y/N) to move away from him. She peered inside only to find; a blue mask, change of clothes and twin broadswords.

“Give it back.” Zuko barked.

“No!” She replied back. “Not until you tell me what you are doing!” She glared at him with anger. She used to be the person he would tell all his secrets to. But why couldn't he tell her now?

“Ok.” he sighed. “But not here.”  he grabbed (Y/N)’s arm and dragged her into his quarters. He looked around the hallway to see if it was cleared before closing the door.