Chapter 10

WARNING PHYSICAL ABUSE

The roar of the Fire Nation’s machinery echoed throughout the  ship. The metal vibrated with every explosion. (Y/N) knew that the invasion of The Northern Water Tribe had begun. (Y/N) desperately tried to break from the chains that confined her. She kicked on the bed that belonged to the disgusting Admiral Zhao. She eventually Kicked one of the window panels . She didn’t care if she pissed him off, all she cared about was her freedom. 

A few hours had passed and the sun began to set and the roaring of the machinery ceased. The calming ocean waves began to lull (Y/N) to sleep. She tried to stay awake to keep her guard up; for who knew what the admiral might do to her if he found her asleep in his bed. 
The large metal door for the room she now resided in had slowly creaked open. The noise of the metal hinges awoken her from her light sleep. A man appeared in the room. She could not tell whom it was as the room was too dark to illuminate his face. The man grew closer. (Y/N) prayed it wasn’t Zhao coming to defile her in the dead of the night. The pale blue light from the moon lit the man’s face. She thanked the gods that it was just a meek foot soldier. He hoisted her up with some difficulties. ‘If I wasn’t bound I could easily take him and run away.’ (Y/N) sighed. The foot soldier stood behind her while shoving her through the door into the ship’s corridors. She knew that he was leading her to Zhao. 

The walk towards the observation deck was deadly quiet between you and the foot soldier. With every step you could feel the icy air grow more and more intense until you reached the deck. There at the end of the observation deck you could see both Zhao and Iroh staring out at the icy fortress of the Northern Water Tribe. 

“Admiral.” The footman stood with a salute waiting to be dismissed.
“Ah my guest of honour has arrived.” Zhao turned smirking at her as he waved the soldier off. 

“Zhao!” Iroh gasped “What is the meaning of this.” 

“(Y/N) attacked me in my quarters earlier today.” Zhao explained. “She seems so hell-bent to make sure that this invasion fails.” He walked towards (Y/N). He lightly grasped a handful of your hair. “To make sure she didn’t do anything else I had her restrained.” 

“(Y/N)? Is that true?” Iroh asked. She flashed him a look at him and at Zhao and back to him. She gave him a nod confirming Zhao’s story. Iroh gave her a reassuring look. Zhao was oblivious to their notions. 

“So (Y/N)  are you ready to change your mind in joining my side?” Zhao whispered into her ear. His voice made her want to vomit right then and there.

“My mind hasn’t changed Zhao.” she yanked away from him. He aggressively yanked her back towards him. 

“Are you sure that we can’t come to an agreement” 

“Well actually there is.” (Y/N) saw Zhao’s face light up with malicious hope. “YOU. CAN. GO. TO. HELL.” She drew out every word slowly and clearly for Zhao. He detested (Y/N)’s answer. He landed a blow into her abdomen. She doubled over in pain.

“ZHAO!” Iroh spoke sternly at the admiral. “That is enough.” anger began to leak from his voice. Iroh made his way towards Zhao to grant him no mercy.

“DON’T!” (Y/N) winced loudly, stopping Iroh in his tracks. (Y/N) struggled to rise to her feet, stumbling along the way. “I am fine. I can handle this.” (Y/N) spoke proudly as she caught her breath.

“Take her below to the brig.” Zhao grumbled towards the soldier “And escort General Iroh to his room.” He walked towards the entrance of the ship. “I’ll see you two in a few hours. I still have few preparations to do for the invasion.” And with that he left. 

*HOURS LATER*

Almost a whole day had passed. (Y/N) had been placed in a small cell in the brig. The cell just had a metal door and no windows. She was kneeling on her knees as her hands were suspended barely over her head by shackles attached to the ceiling. She had spent her day staring at the light that showed through the bottom of the door. She couldn't sleep, though she had tried but with her arms chained to the ceiling it made it difficult to sleep. She just sat there waiting, watching the shadows of people who had walked past her cell door throughout the day. 

A light pitter could be heard echoing down the metal corridor, (Y/N) knew someone was making their way down towards her cell. She thought that they were going to pass like the others, until a large shadow came to a full stop in front of her door. The rattle of keys chimed against another when the person began to unlock the door. The door made a high pitched screech as it was being pushed open. The light blinded (Y/N) for a quick second.

“How was your day in the brig my dear.”A smug deep voice spoke softly but yet echoed in her cell. Even though she may have been blinded by the corridor's light she knew that it was the disgusting Zhao.

“Honestly,” She squinted to make eye contact while trying to adjust to the light. “I was having a delighting time in here until you showed up.” She spoke with as much venom as a viper threatening to strike. 

“My, my.” He knelt in front of you grasping your chin “so vissious for a delicate creature.” You jerked your head at his hand that held your chin and bit his thumb in the process. He yelped in pain like a scoundrel that he is and slapped you away with his other hand. You lagged in pain cause you knew that Zhao wasn’t expecting that.

“Careful Zhao, even a “delicate creature’’ can become deadly when cornered.” Iroh made his way inside the cell. 

"You may be right." Zhao growled. He unlocked (Y/N)'s wrists from the chains. Her. “If you are willing to join us without any trouble." He paused as he pulled another pair of shackles from behind his back. "I wouldn't need to use these.” He stared (Y/N) down waiting for her answer. 

"Fine." She huffed "I will not cause any trouble." She said through gritted teeth.

"Excellent." Zhao laughed as he slammed the chain on her anyways. 

“ZHAO!” Iroh roared “you said that you wouldn’t shackel her.” Zhao ignored Iroh and pulled (Y/N) out of her cell by the shackle’s chain. (Y/N) glanced at Iroh signaling him not to do anything. She saw Iroh’s anger kept rising but to those who didn’t know him; he looked calm.

“Come along Iroh.” Zhao called back to Iroh as he continued to walk down the corridor. “We’re going fishing.” Iroh wasn’t sure why Zhao chose to say that phrase.

*************

Sorry I thought I uploaded 2 weeks ago but I accidentally left it in the drafts.