The Workaholic Wife ✅

By gopikah

A workaholic doctor never thought about marriage a day in her life until she woke up to find a man in her bed... More

Sleep comes first!
Meeting family
'Saving lives is a full time job'
'You looked like a racoon the day I met you'
Secrets and confessions
"Mother Knows best"
Weird Relatives
Hugs, Kisses and Chocolate.
Burning Jealousy
Young and old
A touch of hope
Fighting for an heir
Fainting from a kiss
Warming up
Getting over the worst
Fighter Woman
Tears of the night
Forgiving and Forgetting
Curious Cat
Two Mama Bears
To Love Or Not To Love
Bittersweet
Shadow of Death
Escaped Zoo Animals
Killer Kisses
Revealing Insecurities
Bloody Possessive
Plainly Pain
Demanding Dreams
Firing Complaints
Love Confessions
The Weirdest of Reunions
War Zone
Necessary Skills in Life
The Hopeless and the Orphaned
Convincing stories
Tarzan and Time Travellers
Domineeringly polite
The Pun in Punishments
A Man's Intuition
New Endearments and Old Relationships
Story Time
Swimming Against the Tide
Facing the Stars
The Yellow Brick Road
The Goody Two-Shoes Wife
Fengshui in the Family
A Makeover with Aphrodite and Barbie
Probing His Head
The Theory of the Alternate Universe
Cricket-Obsessed Rats
The Aspiring Perfectionist
Jumping to Conclusions
The Vanilla and Chocolate Deviation
The Trust Displacement
The Return of the Workaholic
The Choosing Ceremony
The Chameleon(s)
Hardcore Manipulation
The Registration Provocation
Scarred Silence
Murderers in the House
The Partition
The Interval
The Journey to the City of Love
The Heart Wants What It Wants
Clueless Culprits
Turbulence
Her Howling Heart

Book Worms and Gossip Girls

4K 226 10
By gopikah

Aniket's eyes stray to where I was gazing with a horrified expression. He purses his lips, and leans towards me, laughing right in front of my face.

"They're our bodyguards." He mocks, laughing at my expression at the revelation. I pound him on his chest in anger.

He yells out a 'ouch' whereas I'm accusing him of being a horrible person.

"You could have told me that before I almost died in shock." I growl at him, walking away in anger after I ran out of breath. He grins, striding after me.

Aniket turns me around to face him, and I do, albeit, unwillingly. "What do you want now?" I shriek, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

"I want many things, m'lady. But I only need you." He smiles at his own heartwarming comment, before walking away from me.

How could I be mad at him after he says something like that?

"Damn, Aniket." I say, running after him. He laughs at my sudden choice of words.

I think for a moment, wanting to divert the current topic and distract him and myself from my recent embarrassment. "Where do you shop for casual clothes?" I ask him, falling into step with him.

"I don't. My assistant does it for me." He responds, facing ahead.

I sneer, turning my head away. "I don't know where to get clothes. My mother does the shopping in our house." I say, scratching my neck.

"I know. You told me" He pauses. "I shopped this dress for you though. It was a store nearby. Do you want to go there?"

"Do they have men's wear?" I ask enthusiastically, and he nods.

"Alright then! Lead the way." I exclaim, extending my hands, and signaling him to move.

He interlocks our fingers tightly, kissing the top of my hands, and sending chills throughout my arm. I gulp at the sexual tension between us, and turn my head away from his heated gaze. I blush, brushing my hands through my hair for some comfort.

We stay silent as we walk, hand in hand, observing our surroundings. I bite my lower lip nervously, chewing on it and finally stopping when I draw blood and a slight pain envelops the spot. I slurp the blood off my lips, tilting my head at the weird craving to taste more of the blood.

Am I a vampire?

My inner self laughs at the thought, and I pout at her on the outside, earning a raised eyebrow from Aniket.

"What is going on in that head of yours? I saw like fifty expressions cross on your face in a single second." He chuckles when I widen my eyes at the news.

"Sorry, I'm expressive." I reason.

"I know. It's one of the reasons you can't be a actress, or a very good liar. You express your thoughts on your face." He removes his fingers from our adjoined hands, and snakes his hand around my waist, pulling me in closer. I lean into the embrace, resting my head on his shoulder as we walked. I stumble like a drunk at first, but eventually get used to walking in the intimate position. Not even the cheapest kind of paper could get in between us.

"Huh." I huff. "I never thought about it in that perspective."

"It also means you could never betray anyone." He kisses the top of my head as he puts distance between us. "This is the shop." He sighs, pulling me by the wrist, as he opens the door.

We both enter the extravagant shop, and walk around for a while, not really in the mood for shopping. "I really hate shopping."

"You have a good sense of style Krithi. You just don't want to be seen more feminine." He mumbles, picking out dark blue jeans for himself and waving it in front of me to get my attention.

I scrunch my face in disgust and pick out a lighter shade. Aniket shrugs at the clothing, quietly asking me to decide.

I pick out another piece of clothing for him, and he nods excitedly at the light blue pair of ripped jeans.

I smile at the choice he made, and bring it to the counter. The woman at the counter smiles at us professionally, but a moment later, surprise fills her face. "You were here a few days ago, buying dresses." She cheers, pointing at Aniket. "Is she your wife?" She asks, looking at my manglasutra.

Aniket nods politely, pulling me in closer. The woman looks at Aniket with narrowed eyes, as if she had trouble deciphering whether he is a human or a alien in disguise. "You're Aniket Pandya of the Pandyan corporations! You're all over the magazines!" She bounces on her feet, forgetting to scan the jeans we picked out.

"You are?" I ask, craning my head towards Aniket.

Aniket bites his lips, slightly lifting the corner of his mouth. "Oh yes! He was titled the most eligible bachelor in so many magazines. You're very lucky to have him as your husband." She squeals, facing me with a wide grin.

How come I never knew?

Aniket leans in to me, breathing on my ear. "If you read any magazines, you would know. I'm sure you'd rather have your pretty little nose in books related to surgery and medicine than have your mind swirling around recent gossip."

I shrug, pursing my lips at the scene playing out in front of me.

"Are you calling me a book worm?" I whisper, turning my head towards Aniket.

"Yes, Mrs. Pandya. I am calling you a book worm. You are also a workaholic, a terrible wife, a foodie, a great kisser and a horrible beautician." He rants.

By the time he's finishes, I don't know whether I should be mad at him or if I should kiss him. On one side, he's observed and understood so much about me. On the other hand, he degraded me in front of a shop worker.

I know he's just playing around, so I let it go; but not before I note the experience in the evil side of my brain, and remind myself to give him punishment afterwards.

The young girl behind the counter grins at our weird conversation, while I'm trying not to stab myself in shame. I clear my throat, bringing the girl back from her thoughts. She sighs longingly, and bills the jeans, ripping out a receipt after Aniket pays with his debit card.

"Do you have a fitting room?" I ask the girl while eyeing the blue pants on Aniket.

"Oh, yes yes! We do! Just go straight and turn left. It's at the end of this section." She says, placing an otherworldly grin on her face, stretching her muscles like a maniac.

"Alright." I say curtly, while Aniket politely thanks the girl for the directions. She hands the jeans to him, and he smiles at her genuinely.

Aniket follows me into the fitting room, chuckling at my temper. I close the door after he enters, motioning him to take off his pants. He complies, ruffling his hair in that beckoning way of his, slowly torturing me as he removes his pants.

His wrinkled shirt hides his thighs, for which I was grateful for. I hand him the pants, gazing at him through my lashes as he stands over me, only two centimeters away. My breath hitches as he bites his bottom lip, warming the core of my stomach.

Sighing in relief as he buttons up his pants, I almost lean on the walls of the fitting room. Aniket uses the opportunity to push me against the wall, claiming my lips. His soft lips move against mine in a fast rhythm, impatient, and demanding.

He takes a step back, out of breath. "God, I wanted to do that." He says, still gasping for air with me. "Why are you so addicting?"

I chuckle. "I'm your chocolate." He laughs, placing his lips on mine once again.

I tug his wrinkled white shirt up, trying to have skin to skin contact. I can feel the goosebumps on our skins, waking the tiny hairs on every inch of our bodies. Aniket forces his tongue into my mouth, groaning into the kiss. He moves onto my jaw next, peppering short kisses everywhere. I giggle, something I am not accustomed to, frightening me at the pace we're going in a fitting room of all places.

"Krithi!" Aniket groans in pleasure, griping my peach dress.

My heart wants to continue our little escapade, but my brain is warming me of five different dangerous paths this pleasure could lead us to.

Overall, this was a bad idea. We could get caught.

Nonetheless, we both choose to continue our make out session, unable to pull away and control ourselves. "Aniket!" I moan, gripping his shirt tightly as he bites my neck.

I'm pretty sure he left his mark.

"We have to stop." I say, waiting for his lips to find his route to my own.

All of a sudden, I see a shadow pass our stall. "Aniket!" I push him away, my senses reincarnating. "Someone's outside!"

******************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 13.4K 51
For Samayra, being a successful veterinary doctor was enough. For her parents, It wasn't. They say, For those, who fail to find love, there's always...
Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

8.4K 528 11
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...
469K 15.9K 42
The insecure on relationships, American-Indian woman, gets to be the CEO's secretary on temporary but she had no clue that her life would be tied for...