Checkmate - RATED R

By Love_Bri94

She wasn't what he was used to....he had finally met his match. More

Cast
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twentyone
Twentytwo
Twentythree
Twentyfour
Q&A
Twentyfive
Twentysix
Twentyseven
Twentyeight
Twentynine
Thirty
Thirtyone
Thirtytwo
Thirtythree
Thirtyfour
Thirtyfive
Thirtysix
Thirtyseven
Thirtyeight
Thirtynine
Forty
Fortyone
Fortytwo
Fortythree
Fortyfour
Fortyfive
Fortysix
Fortyseven
Fortyeight
Fortynine
Fifty
Fiftyone
Fiftytwo
Fiftythree
Fiftyfour
‼️
Fiftyfive
Fiftysix
Fiftyseven
Fiftyeight
Fiftynine
Sixty
Sixtyone
Sixtytwo
Sixtythree
Sixtyfour
Sixtyfive
Sixtysix
Sixtyseven
Sixtyeight
Sixtynine
Seventy
Seventyone
Seventytwo
Seventythree
Seventyfour
Before It Ends❤️
Seventyfive
Decision Day
🤧
‼️
Sequel
ONE MILLION!!
😤
‼️PSA‼️

Three

41.1K 1.3K 827
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Three
Mya Anderson
Miami, Florida - Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday)

Miami we live baby! The city is beyond crowded. I'm not surprised because it happens every year. So many people in my building were leaving, especially the older ones just to rent out their apartments to the tourists. I should've done that and just stayed at my parents. But then again, people are dirty and might steal some shit causing me to beat some ass. And that's something I don't have time for. So I'll just stay in my own place.

The girls have been here since the night at the bar. They went and got their things. It's cool, I'm always lonely. Maybe that's why I'm always out in the streets or having somebody son with me. I know you're probably wondering why I'm not in a relationship and don't take them seriously well because nowadays nobody takes relationship serious. Being in love is a joke and guys feel like the moment they show a single second of sincerity, they're weak or something.

So I took all of my little feelings and locked them away. Now I'm not just sleeping with random guys but I'm definitely living my life. I don't believe in meeting a dude at a bar and just fucking them. It's too many diseases out here and these niggas are like allergic to the damn doctors.

The guys I deal with are ones that I've known for a while and always had an attraction to and decided to act on it. I'm not going to sit up here and act like I was just in some horrible ass relationship that turned me this way, I'm just going based off what I see and what I see is a bunch of bullshit. Play the game like these niggas and you'll be happy and stress free. I learned this from Kayla, we're basically the same way. We all watched Mariah go through hell with her husband and I think that's why she keeps him away. He basically controls her every move. Relationships aren't a supposed to be like a dictatorship. It's supposed to be about love and compromising.

Anyway, we were all getting ready for this day party. I had just got done getting dressed

There was no make up today and a cap on my head due to my hair not being done. I'm saving all the glam for later on tonight and Sunday. Once everything was to my liking, I went out to the living room. Kayla was sitting on the couch and Asia was in the kitchen. "Where's Mariah?" I asked.

Asia gave me a look before nodding her head towards the back, where my guest rooms were. I sat my purse and phone down and headed back there. The closer I got, I could hear her talking on the phone. She was attempting whisper but failed at that.

"I'll be home when I'm ready to come back.....I needed a fucking break, you don't seem to understand that, I'm with the kids 24/7, I stopped working because you told me you'd take care of us, those were all lies. You did that so I could solely rely on you and it'll be harder for me to leave. I swear once everything is all set down here, I'm coming to get my kids and you'll never have to worry about us. I'm so fucking sick of you, all you do is belittle me, disrespect me, you put your hands on me and I'm 100 percent sure you're still seeing that bitch! Just leave me alone Don. I'll call you when I'm ready to talk." Mariah said. Once I heard the phone smack the bed, I walked into the room. When she saw me she quickly wiped her face. "I'm almost ready, give me five minutes."

"Mariah can we talk?"

"About what?"

"What I just heard....what's really going on? Did you come down here for a job or something else?"

She exhaled. "Mya, I know you're coming from a good place but please just....stay out of it."

"Mariah if you need help, I'll hel-."

"I DON'T NEED HELP! I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute."

"Alright." I walked back out and into the living room."

"Everything good?" Kayla asked.

I shrugged and sat on the couch. "I'm staying out of it."

"And I don't blame you."

It got quiet and we all just focused on our phones until the sound of high heels filled the room. I looked over my shoulder at Mariah. She looked cute. "Ready." She said while smiling as if nothing was wrong. I should tell my momma and daddy what I heard.

"Alright y'all let's go." I got up from the couch and we all headed out. Derrick was at the front desk but instead of his normal greeting he just smirked then went back to his computer. Guess I was just another notch in his belt too.

"Damn Mya you fucked the bellhop?" Mariah said.

I looked at her and turned up my nose. She got some fucking nerve. I would spill all the tea I just heard but I'm not even about to do that. One thing I really dislike about Mariah, when she's upset, she'll take it out on everybody. It's been that way since we were young. But we're grown and I'll gladly beat the attitude out of her.

The ride to the party was quiet but I didn't complain. I know Kayla had some smart remarks rummaging around in her head. Kayla does not play when it comes to me. We'll go to war with anybody for each other and Timothy. Speaking of my brother, I wonder if he's hanging with us today. "Asia, have you talked to my brother?" I asked.

"Yeah, he should be pulling up to the club."

"Okay."

Turning up the radio, Pissed by Saweetie blasted through the speakers. She's so bad.

"Saweetie so monotone, Saweetie look like so and so, Saweetie took my MCM just so he can put her on." Kayla rapped into her phone.

"Bitch that nigga want this, took a shot, didn't miss, tell me how could I resist why you pissed!" Kayla yelled getting into the camera with her.

Finally some liveliness.

I nudged Mariah and told her to lighten up. She looked at me and smirked.

Maybe this good day will go as planned.

Chris Brown
Miami, Florida

My eyes stared out the limo tint windows of our Escalade. Miami Beach, Florida. I got way too many memories here. Some I barely even remember. Keeis posted about us coming down here and my DM's and texts started coming in like crazy. I can't even count how many times I've been here so that means I definitely can't count how many women I've dealt with from here.

Let's just hope that none of the recent ones feel like being petty. Looking over at Ammika, I watched as she scrolled through Instagram. I'm not gone lie ain't no spark here. I keep her around because I know she's going to be there when I want her and not in a ride or die type of way.

I mean she's a sweet girl, I care about her she's been around me for a while. But I'd be lying if I said our feelings were mutual. My trust for women was slim to none. You can blame my ex for that. I've had way too many of these girls trying to come up off my name. Or when shit doesn't go their way they try to tarnish my name.

It's crazy I have yet to come across a chick that doesn't want nothing from me but me. I know that's mainly my fault cause I'm always chasing the same thing. Maybe I just don't how to approach something different. The women I'm used to are always putty in my hands so that's what I'm going for. I ain't trying to put in the hard work.

The truck stopped in front of a tall white building on Collins. I was tired as hell and wanted to lay down. I don't know what everybody else is about to get into and I honestly don't even care. Everybody climbed out and headed inside. Ant went up to the front desk and showed to guy standing there his phone. The guy nodded and went behind him to grab some things. He handed all he had to Ant then Ant walked back over to us. "Alright, it's two apartments in the building that we got. Here you go C. You on the 8th floor, apartment 803."

I nodded and took the keys from him and headed to the elevator. I could hear Ammika trying to keep up with me. The elevator door opened just in time. I held the door back so that she could climb on.

"You're always walking so fast." She laughed.

I gave her a small smile then pulled my phone out my pocket. A few text messages set there. The only one I was worried about were from EJ and Eva.

EJ

Got some outfits for you to try on for tomorrow.
Bought some stuff for girl too.

I shook my head then sent okay. Closing out our thread, I opened my messages with Eva.

Eva

You landed?

Yeah

Location???

6103 Collins Ave Apt. 803

Cool I'm not too far, I'll hit y'all up, I'm sliding
to this day party.

Where?

At a place you don't need to be, BYE. Go hang
with your girl.

Wasn't even about to respond that. Eva ain't got no real reason to not like Mika. Nobody I have around has a real reason. I get it, they just want the best for me, but why be a fucking bully all the time?

Now I'm irritated.

When we got to my floor, I hurried off the elevator and down to where I was staying. When I walked in, I was definitely impressed. This place was clean as hell. The view was dope. Hope Ant ready to look for somebody to clean this place when I leave because it's definitely about to be smoked out.

Walking into the master bedroom, I kicked off my shoes and laid across the bed. Ammika walked in and sat down her bags.

"What you about to do?" I asked her.

She looked at me confused, then shrugged. "I guess go enjoy the view or something."

"Alright, you need anything hit up Ant."

"Okay." She grabbed her phone and walked out of the room. I got up and shut and locked the door. I didn't want to be bothered by nobody. My phone went on silent and I tossed it up on the nightstand. Sleep is something I normally don't do but today, that was out the window. Once I got comfortable, I was knocked the fuck out.

•••

After I woke up after what seemed like a lifetime, everybody convinced me to hit up VLive. Before we went there we passed a few blunts and had a few drinks. Eva was here but she ain't really said shit to me. I'm not sure why she even got a fucking attitude but whatever.

"Alright it's almost 1 in the morning, y'all ready to head out?" Hoody said.

"Let's go." I said.

Everybody got up and headed out the door. As we walked up the hall, another door opened catching my attention. Girls started walking out, all Brown and beautiful. I watched as the last one locked the door. When she flipped her hair over her shoulder and my teeth pierced my bottom lip.

Damn.

Her eyes locked with mine but unlike most, she turned and went about her business. We all just so happened to get to the elevator at the same time. Once the door opened we all piled on. They just stood there looking at how they could fit. 

"Come on y'all squeeze in." Keeis said keeping the door open.

"You know elevators have a weight capacity and this ass weigh just as much as baby girl right here." One of them said while pointing to Ammika.

I shook my head and tucked my lips, trying to hold in my laugh.

"Girl hush." The one I was staring at said. She ended up standing really, REALLY close to me. That damn orange dress she had on was perfect for her. My eyes stayed on her ass, it was practically touching my dick. My tongue ran over my lips because this was a good view.

I felt pair of eyes on me but I didn't look up because I knew who they belonged to. The elevator shook a little bit causing me to grab onto the girl waist. I thought she was about to flip but she just looked down at my hand then back at her phone. Maybe she knew it wasn't intentional.

Once we got to the lobby I silently thanked god.

As soon as we walked out the door, camera flashes came from everywhere. Ugh, I hate these niggas. The yelled out dumb questions that I ignored like always.

"Aye, where y'all headed." Hoody asked our elevator buddies.

"VLive." The other big booty one said.

"Oh word we are too. Maybe y'all can come in our section."

"That's okay, we got our own. Maybe you can come to ours." The sexy said while looking at us and winking.

"Daaaaaamn! Now that's how a boss bitch diss you." Eva said.

A smirk fell on my face. I watched her go around to the drivers side of her E-Class. I bit my lip at her as soon as her eyes fell on me. She laughed then climbed in the car.

Oh okay. She wants to play hard to get.

That's cool.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.5K 19
Finding love when you least expect it.
186K 9.5K 47
"ɪ ᴡᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ. ʏᴏ ʙᴀᴅ."
1.6M 81K 53
The perfect man? Impossible, but what happens when she meets the perfect man? He seems too perfect, sweet, caring, loyal, respectful, the only thing...
158K 4.5K 30
"Carrie were done." Those 3 words broke my heart.