I Am Your Teacher (Severus Sn...

By DorothyGale12

#1 Severussnape March 17th 2019 #1 HarryPotter January 5th 2020 "Because what I want to do is wrong... and I... More

Let me Explain
William Potter
A Happy Yellow
Romantic
Knock It Off
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Perfect Dress
Finding A Date
Harry
The Ball
Malfoy's Words
Cold Rays of Moonlight
It Doesn't Matter
The Black Envelope
Classrooms
Is This What You Want?
Invasive
You Little...
Jealous, Potter?
I Understand
Civil
I'll See you Tomorrow
Professor
Packing
Just Two Weeks
The Twins
It's Pretty
What Does Gold Mean?
Christmas Morning
Fredrick Weasley
Respect
The Truth
Draco's Questions
Extremely Inappropriate
A Surprise
Potter
Noon
The Latte Boy
A Secluded Place
Quarters
What's Wrong?
My Now, REAL Date
Should I Go?
You're Okay
Severus?
I Love You
Superior
Expelled?
No Matter What
Graduation Plans
Now We're Even
You're Not Alone
I'm Happy For Him
Always
Contest
I'm Here For You (Draco)
Look At Me (Draco)
Breaking (Draco)
Not Now... (Draco)
Mr. Malfoy (Draco)
"Nothing" (Draco)
It's Nice to Hear From You (Draco)
Now or Never (Draco)
How About This? (Draco)
Daisies (Draco)
Breakfast in Bed (Draco)
Cleansweep (Fred)
You Hungry? (Fred)
Spaghetti (Fred)
Hermione (Fred)
A Common Slu- (Fred)
Moving On (Fred)
His Red Sweater (Fred)
Ronald (Fred)
I Am Thankful (Fred)
I'll Try (Fred)
Steam (Fred)
I'm Gonna Need That In Writing (Fred)

Professor Snape

12.6K 469 378
By DorothyGale12

We were all sitting at the dining hall, the first years just got sorted into their houses and dinner had just appeared across all of the tables. A loud thundering clap took all of our attention back to the front of the room. I was sitting on the edge of the Gryffindor table, close to the teachers and the wall. Professor Dumbledore took pride in the settling of the room as he opened his mouth to speak.

"As you all know! Professor Slughorn has retired! We bid him a well deserved retirement. However! We have a new teacher, here at Hogwarts. Professor Snape. He will be taking over Mr. Slughorn's position as Potions master AND head of the Slytherin house. I will take note that you all give him a warm welcome to Hogwarts." A small round of applause erupted into the room as Dumbledore gestured to a dark figure that was standing at the end of the Professors dining table. He was parallel to me.

He was tall, I could tell even from the distance I was at now. His hair was a dark midnight black, I couldn't make out his features from where I was, but he was definitely the kind of man to stand out in a room. For a moment, I thought maybe he had caught my gaze, but I ignored it. Shaking my thoughts as I began finishing my plate of food that sat before me.

Later that night in the common room I noticed William surrounded by a group of friends on one of the couches. His eyes caught mine and I sent him a bit of a smile.

"Hey William, I wanted to thank you for the gift you gave me earlier today. That was very thoughtful of you." He didn't reply back to me. Instead, he just stared in awe, surprised I even acknowledge him at all. The rest of his friends stayed quiet as well, just gawking at me. I decided to give the little squirt a boost of confidence and leaned down to peck his cheek. When I pulled away his face was as red as a cherry and all the boys started freaking out with "Oh my god" and " She just kissed you!!" It was absolutely adorable. I walked away heading to the girl's dormitories and noticed Hermione grinning at me.

"Did you know you are the sweetest?" She asked hooking her arm into my own.

"I try" I smiled as we made our way to bed.

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

Well, so far I have made it through my first day as a seventh year! Just one more class, Advanced potions with that new Professor. Hopefully, he's just as nice as Professor Slughorn. In my previous years I loved potions, it was my favorite subject besides DADA. I was one of the lucky ones to be at the top of the class. Often, I would go to the Professors gatherings he held for his students. His retirement just finally sunk in, I was really going to miss him.

I walked into the class making my way to my usual front seat. I like to pay attention in class and whenever I sit in the back I tend to get distracted. I looked to my left to see Harry had sat beside me. He was the only other Gryffindor that took advanced Potions in the late class, so it seemed fitting that we sat next to each other. I heard a loud thud from the door shutting, then the bustling and soft talking died down almost immediately. Not even a whole day in, and this new teacher had a bad rap going around the entire school! It didn't seem like the students liked him to much. A black cloaked man walked in at fast-paced practically floating to the front of the room. Stopping right in front of mine and Harry's table, I took in his features, he was so young. His midnight hair rested against his shoulder as his black orbs scanned the room silently. His face was as perfect as porcelain and just as pale too. He was slender, and like I noticed yesterday he was tall. His eyes flicked to mine before scanning the room again.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of Potion making-" His voice was just above a whisper but I caught every word. The tension in the room rose.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe it's magic. I don't expect you will really understand the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind and ensnare the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as you look." His voice was soft, he spoke in rapid moments and the would let his tone fall slow at the end. He paced as he spoke, his graceful footing allowing his robes to fan out as if he was the sole embodiment of magic. I could understand why so many people already disliked him, but discarding his words and just taking a peak at him, he looked like a mythical figure. He looked perfect. Was it just me who thought this? I looked around the room to see bored expressions, tired looks and fear. Hermione already told me how much she hated him... but she never mentioned how striking he was. Perhaps I'm delusional.

"How old is this guy huh? He looks like he could be sitting next to us." Harry elbowed my arm drawing my attention to him. Harry just read my mind.

"Yeah, but he seems quite rude too.-" I was cut off.

"(L/n)!" His voice sounded like a gunshot in the already silent room.

"You shall not speak.... unless, spoken... To" He spoke agonizingly slow. My heart rate quicken, I have never had a teacher yell so loudly at me before. Theres no way that he could have heard me... right?

"5 points from Gryffindor" He exclaimed.

"What? Sir, I don't believe I did anything wrong just now." His dark eyes glared at me, piercing my skin. He slowly walked closer to me, looking over his downturned nose.

"That's.......detention..." He enunciated his last word through seethed teeth. I quickly shut my mouth and began to panic. I've never gotten detention before, and on the first day even? Oh my god. I cannot believe this! For the rest of the class, I just sat in silence until the final bell rang signalling dinner. I grabbed my stuff to leave while groaning, knowing I'd have to come right back here after I ate.

"You'll have dinner here, Ms. (L/n)." I internally face palmed as Harry gave me a sympathetic look before walking out the door. I stayed seated, once all the students had filed out Professor Snape dragged a chair in front of his desk.

"Sit." He pointed before taking a seat. I gulped, making my way to the dreaded chair. Alright (Y/n), don't be so nervous. I didn't do anything wrong! He's just being a prick is all. He's just trying to scare the students so that it's easier to control us. I sat down making sure to lock my eyes with his. I wasn't backing down from this fight. I may have been embarrassed earlier, but now I'm just mad. I didn't deserve detention. I folded my hands, resting my elbows on his desk. His brows knitted together while he looked at me. I let a small smirk play through my lips, that's right (Y/n). Make the most out of your last year here, and tell this Professor off. He had no right to treat me, or anyone else like this. I cleared my throat.

"You know, potions is my favorite subject."

"Is that so..." He looked at me confused.

"I don't think it is anymore," I said, looking into the deep obis of is irises.

"Just because you are being punished?" He asked, now folding his arms, leaning back in his chair. I could tell he was intrigued by me. I hummed in agreement.

"I can tell you, Professor Snape, out of my seven years of attending this school, I have never once got detention. And I don't believe I deserve to be here now." I searched his eyes, not backing down my previous statement.

"You were disrespecting your Professor."

"I was not!"

"You are right now!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes and leaning back in my chair. 'You're barely old enough to teach...' I mumbled.

"If you are going to insult me, I suggest you say it louder." He leaned across his desk, attempting to intimidate me. So I leaned in just as close and repeated myself.

"You look barely over the age of 20. You could learn from me." He looks insulted, but then I thought, by the look on his face, he looked interested. Curious...

"How so?"

"Well, I could teach you some manners, that's for sure." I retorted and he chuckled. Whoa, what? His face broke into laughter, but it quickly disappeared.

"You can leave." He cleared his throat as he stood up. What? I thought to myself.

"What? I just had to make you laugh and I'm free to go?" He tried hard to keep his face serious but failed, cracking a small smile.

"Go, before I change my mind." I grabbed my things and went to the door. I turned around to notice he was still watching me. His smile dropped, when he realized I caught him staring. I smirked at him sending him a wink. I waited until I saw his small smile appear back onto his lips before I left. Then I made my way to the dining hall.

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

Let me know your thoughts on my story so far! I'd really appreciate it!!

Vote, Follow and Comment Pleaseee!!! I appreciate your reads!!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 7.1K 53
β€’ ad infinitum β€’ (adv.) again and again in the same way; forever β€’ β€’β€’β€’ "You touch your eyebrow when you're thinking," I said. "And you chew on your l...
2.9M 87.2K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...
2.6K 161 24
Shortly after Theda Desmond replaces Professor Binns as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher, she learns that she possesses a rare talent known on...
262K 8.1K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...