Story of Us • Completed

By raisinggays

There are many things to hate when you're a student. 1. Teachers 2. Classmates 3. School 4. Studying itself ... More

Disclaimer
Welcome To New York
Bad Blood
I Knew You Were Trouble
Blank Space
Look What You Made Me Do
Shake It Off
Red
How You Get The Girl
Sparks Fly
New Romantics
Jump Then Fall
Don't Blame Me
22
Everything Has Changed
Enchanted
You Belong With Me
The Story of Us
Gorgeous
Speak Now
Dress
Wildest Dreams
Fearless
Our Song
Mean
Forever and Always
Getaway Car
Ours
Love Story
Mine
Fifteen
Style
Hey Stephen
Back to December
note

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

3.2K 232 49
By raisinggays

Kongpob's

Before I came back to my apartment from school, I went to the nearest shop where I could buy pink milk and bought two for P'Arthit and one for me.

When I arrive at my apartment floor earlier, he's already waiting for me while leaning on my door.

When he sees me, he skips in front of me and gets the cups from my hands.

He has his eyes widened and he has a wide smile. "You bought me 3?"

"No. The other's mine."

"But I thought you said you don't like sweet drinks?"

Did I say that to him?

"I liked it yesterday and I just want to drink it again."

"Are you sure it's not because you like me and want to know the taste of my lips?"

"No."

"Okay. Whatever you say."

I turn the doorknob and opened my door when I saw him about to enter, I stop him. "Where are you going?"

"What? I'm going to your room."

"Why?"

He crosses his arms. "Why? Do you want me to be in my room and play music instead? You pick."

I roll my eyes and open the door wide for him. "Come inside but don't you dare disturb me later on while I review."

"I can't promise that."

At the present, I'm happy to say that I can finally review without P'Arthit disturbing me since he has stopped blasting Taylor's songs for today.

The reason?

He's literally beside me at the moment, his head leaning on my shoulder while he drinks his second pink milk for the day but I paid him no mind. I reckon, if he's going to stay quiet, I can review quietly. It's a win-win. Plus, I kind of... maybe... like him plastered by my side. He's just warm and I need warmth. I mean, everyone needs warmth, right?

"You look so handsome when you're serious Kong."

I look at him. He's smiling at me. Damn it. He's done drinking his pink milk. I should've bought him a bottomless glass of pink milk.

I turn the page of my book and continue answering the given problem. "Stop talking. I'm reviewing."

"But it's just so quiet here!" He whines as he leans on me more, putting more weight on me.

I slightly shove him away from me but he doesn't budge one bit. "I didn't invite you here."

"Okay then I'm going back to my room and turn on my speaker instead, you want that?"

He stands up but I pull him back beside me again. He smiles and leans on me again.

"Okay... just stay here."

"Can I play music then?"

"No."

He puts his chin on my shoulder and from the corner of my eye, I can see him pouting. He wraps his hands around my arm and shakes me very hard. "But Kong! Please? The silence is making me deaf, please Kong? Please? I need Tay's voice. I'm going crazy."

What does he mean by going crazy? He's already crazy!

"No."

"Please? I'm going to cry if you won't let me listen to her."

"Be my guest."

He inhales and, "Kong!" He's obviously faking his cry by obnoxiously wailing beside me. Fuck.

I cover my ears. He's breaking my eardrums. "Shit shit. Okay okay, just go play your music but lower it down. I'm studying here."

"Oh thank you."

He pulls out his phone and starts his music then he puts it on the table.

It was so nice throwing big parties
Jumping to the pool from the balcony
Everyone swimming in a champagne sea

"I know that song, it's her new song, right?"

"Oh you know it. Are you secretly a fan, Kong?"

"No. I just listened to it from my sister."

"Your sister and I have to meet."

I groan. Just the thought of them together brings a searing pain to my head. "Please no. You two will be so unbearable."

His eyes sparkle in glee. "Ooh I like that more."

"You really love tormenting me."

He nods his head. "This is why we can't have nice things, honey. Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me? This is why we can't have nice things... Fake friends can go to hell."

So this time, it's his friends he's singing a song about.

"Your song's about friends who betrayed you. Is that what you feel today?"

"You are quick to catch on my mood. Nice."

"Is it about P'Namtan, maybe?"

He rolls his eyes. "Kind of yeah, actually her boyfriend Jay is my best friend. The three of us, are best friends. When we were in college-"

"What do you mean were? You are still in college, right?"

He ignores me. Really, this guy is mysterious. "Anyway, when we were in college, I asked Jay to help me get Namtan and he said yes. He fucking said yes but you know, I shouldn't have trusted him. Because the next thing I knew, Jay went behind my back and they became together. They betrayed me. I trusted them."

"What I said yesterday is wrong. They probably really love each other, stop squeezing yourself in their relationship."

He scoffs. "What do you know about your relationships? You're too young."

"Too young? I'm probably just 2 years younger than you are. I know everything about relationships, okay? Because I've been into one."

"Yeah? And how did it go? Ugly, I'm sure."

And therein lies the issue
Friends don't try to trick you
Get you on the phone and mind-twist you

"No. We separated without bad blood between us. Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about your issues in my life. Now I know the root of your heartbreaks, I'm willing to help you out just so you can stop listening to Taylor Swift." I did say from the second day that I'd do everything to know the reason and now I know the reason, I'll stop this shit once and for all.

"She isn't the reason why I listen to Tay."

Right. I won't believe any of his lies again.

"When you confronted P'Jay, what did he say?"

"He said it's because I really don't like Namtan, that's probably true but I was the first one to confess to Namtan."

"Being the first one to confess doesn't mean you'll get her. And she's already in a relationship. You said you hate cheaters right? So I think you should just move on, I read somewhere that in order to move on, you should list down all the things you hate about that particular person then you'll realize they're not worthy of your time," Again, I'm making this up. "So come on, say it to me, the things you hate about her."

He looks at me, raising his eyebrow probably seeing my bullshit and I thought he's not going to do it but then he did.

"I hate that she hates Tay. Everytime I try listening to Tay, she wants it off."

"What? That's the first thing you thought of? Do you hate people who hate Taylor Swift?"

"Well yeah, they shouldn't be trusted."

"So you hate me?"

"Why? Do you hate Tay?"

"No." It's true I don't hate her. It's P'Arthit I hate.

"Then I don't hate you Kong, oh and one more thing I hate that Namtan's so picky in everything, it's irritating."

"Everyone-"

"I also hate it when she laughs because it's obviously a fake laugh and she sounds like a dying whale."

I can't believe he said that.

"I-"

"I also hate it when she sings because she's so not a singer, her voice is so ugly you know? She is trying so hard to do a falsetto. She can dance though but then she will look like a dancing skeleton."

Okay. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Okay I get-"

"And she's so irritating, I mean, I have to teach her for so many times and she still doesn't get it. My baby cousin is probably smarter than she is. Worse, she always blames me when she fails. It's not my fault she's stupid!"

"Stop-"

"I hate it when she whines and acts like a baby around us. She wants to be in command in everything, she probably thinks that because she's a woman she gets to be followed in everything even if she knows it will harm us. She thinks she's so cute so she gets to have things but it doesn't work on me. But honestly, I'm cuter than she will ever be."

I shouldn't have asked him to say the things he hates about her in the first place.

"She's acting like she's entitled. She wants to have everything and everything about her is so fake. You don't know how many girls she's slandered behind their backs."

"Stop P'Arthit! Is there anything you like about her? Because it looks to me you don't like anything about her at all."

He thinks hard. "She's beautiful, I guess?"

That's good. At least he has one thing he likes about her.

"Anything than that?"

"But still, I'm more beautiful than her."

Honestly?

"What the hell P'?"

"It's true. There are times she looks very ugly."

Wow. I really can't believe him. He's unbelievable.

"And you said you like her."

"I don't like her."

"You are chasing after her!"

"Yeah, there's a difference of me liking her and me chasing after her."

"Your logic eludes me."

"I'm just chasing after her because Mae said it's not a good thing to be alone. I may hate a lot of things about her but she has helped me back in college, she's my only friend I can think of to be with in the future or I'll be alone forever."

"That's not how a relationship works P'."

"I just don't want to be alone Kong."

"You can meet other people. Leave them be P', your friends are happy now. P'Jay's right. You don't like her. It will be unfair to all three of you if you continued to be after her."

He snorts. "Who says I'm after her?"

"But you are broken-hearted."

"I'm not."

"You listen to Taylor Swift's heartbreak songs."

"Yeah, so?"

Why is that everything we talk about is always vague? "Then why are we talking about this in the first place?"

"It's you who opened up the topic in the first place."

"Because I am actually helping you to move on."

"It's not my fault you want to be my hero."

"I just want you to stop annoying me. I thought you were broken-hearted because of her that's why you listen to Taylor Swift."

"I already stopped annoying you. I'm not using my speaker anymore, right?"

I sigh. "I know, but you are here beside me, using me as your bed and SHIT-" I realized I stopped answering the calculus problems. "I wasted my time on you again."

He pats my cheek. "Continue reviewing then."

"I will if you stop your music."

He plays the song again.

Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have nice things, darling
(And here's to my real friends)
Because you break them, I want to take them
And here's to my baby

"But I need my music."

"Put my earphones on."

"No. I need it like that"

"I swear, you just want to torment me."

"Maybe," He wraps his hands around my waist and lays his forehead on my shoulder. Again. He really loves doing that. "Kong, your answer's wrong. It should be 5 here not 1."

"What?"

He points at my answer. "This is wrong."

I check it and he's right. How the fuck does he do that?

"You really are good at Calculus, huh?"

"Hm." He hums. I look at him and he's already had his eyes closed and his breathing starts to become slow.

"Hey," I move my shoulder but he just hums. "What are you doing?"

"Let me sleep here, please? I'm so sleepy and you are just so warm." Told you everyone needs warmth.

I may hate him some times but I'm not evil. I don't have the heart to push him away from me, I know he needs this sleep. He looks really tired from the past few days so I let him be. I'm just trying to be a good citizen of Thailand after all.

I fix his head on my shoulder because I don't want him to blame me when he gets a stiff neck later on.

In the midst of me fixing his head, I get a glimpse of his sleeping face and good gods, he's really fucking handsome it's not even normal anymore. He really is more beautiful than P'Namtan. He looks even better when his face is peaceful like this, free from stresses because I know even if he doesn't say it, something's bothering him.

I remove some of the strands of his hair that cover his eyes and I almost curse at his face. You all will probably say I'm exaggerating but he fucking looks like an actual angel, what the hell is this? It's unbelievable it's blowing my mind up.

I can't believe life. This guy, who looks like an actual angel is the one annoying me. Looks can really be deceiving.

"Stop staring at me Kong."

He's still awake?

I instantly remove my hands from his face and busy myself with the Calculus problems laid out in front of me that I have ignored again because of P'Arthit.

"I'm not."

"I can see you Kong."

I'm right then. He really is a devil disguised as an angel.

Hey Stephen, I know looks can be deceiving
But I know I saw a light in you

Really Taylor Swift? Stop echoing my sentiments.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 696 17
မြတ်နိုးရပါ​သော အချစ်က သူ့အတွက် ဟုတ်မ​နေခဲ့ဘူး♤
1.1M 25.1K 34
Harper has waited five years to meet the man of her dreams and when she finally does, it doesn't go according to plan. The more she tries to get him...
14.7K 520 25
Starlee Hedeman is the daughter of former bull rider Tuff Hedeman. She is a 21 time champion, but she has had a rough go at love and never expects or...
9.2K 78 10
"Semantic Error" tells the story of a campus romance between the inflexible SangWoo (played by DONGKIZ's Park JaeChan) and his encounter with the cam...