Black Feather

By Arkarian2

Arkarian a girl with a dark past that is slowly catching up with her unknowingly her fate is intertwined with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 32

13 1 0
By Arkarian2

I fly after Tristan as fast as I can smiling, dodging trees, branches, small animals, feeling the wind in biting at my face and going under my feathers. 
" Hey, no fair you got a head start!" I called as loud as I can. He slows down so I can catch up to him. " Thanks," I say as we keep flying. Tristan whistles as in saying 'your welcome'. 

" Haha, we should go, I want you to meet my brother," I yell over the wind. He makes a jeering sound. 

" Awww, come on he's not so bad," He whistles. 

" Okay, good, let's go," I say as I angle my wings to turn back, Tristan does the same. After a couple minutes of flying, we're back to where we started. When I could see everyone I started to slow down and silently landed on a nearby branch and Tristan did the same. 

" Let's scare them, what do you say?" I asked him looking at everyone not suspecting anything. He gives a low whistle, 

" Good idea,"  A smile tugging on the edge of my lips. He does a low whistle and I give him one in return, he flys off and comes back two minutes later. 

" This is going to be fun," I say to myself as I rub my hands together. Tristan flies over them with acorns in his talons. He flies over my brother and drops a talon full on his head. Tyler acts fast putting up his hands and turning to acorns into dust before they even hit him. 

" What was that?!" He yells. Everyone stops what they're doing and look at him.  He looks up and see's, Tristan circling back around. 

" Everyone take cover!" He yells not taking his eyes off the blue jay, everyone runs into the trees to hide. I laugh quietly to myself. 

" I was right this is fun," I say gleefully.  Tristan takes a couple more shots at my brother and him turning the acorns to dust before I sigh and fly over to them. 

" Okay Tristan that's enough, we had our fun," He gives me a sad short whistle and flys over to me. 

" Wait, you know this blue jay?" My brother asked me in disbelief.  Landing by him,

" Yeah I do, he's Tristan, my new flying buddy," I say proudly. 

" You do realize he just tried to drop acorns on my head right?" Tristan lands on my shoulder left shoulder. 

" Yeah, because we wanted to have some fun, isn't that right," I say gently petting his feathery breast, he does a high pitch whistle as in saying ' yes', I do a small laugh. 

" What do you mean by ' have some fun'?" He asked. 

" Well, we thought that since you haven't met Tristan here yet we could scare you, and which we did," I say smiling. My brother sighs and calls out saying that everything is fine. 

" So, umm, what's with the bird?" Emily asks walking out of a bush. 

" This is Tristan," I say gesturing to him on my shoulder. 

" I like him," Matthew said walking up behind me. Tristan flys off my shoulder and lands on Matthew's head.  

" Looks like someone likes you," Emily said clearly not talking about Tristan. 

" Well, I'm going to go now, I need to sleep, I'm tired, so, bye," I say slowly taking a step away with each word I say and no one seems to notice because they're so focused on Tristan so I silently fly off. Thanks, Tristan. I think in my head as I fly higher and higher. I fly up into the sky until my lungs are screaming from the lack of oxygen in the air.  I stop going higher and stay where I am feeling the cold air around me seeing my breaths making little puffs of smoke. Feeling the muscles in my wings moving and the heat coming off my wings from working. 

 " This is amazing," I say closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. After an hour I decide to go back to camp. 
" I wonder," I say. I close my wings slightly and nose dive, wanting more speed I close my wings all the way but have them ready to open when needed. The icy air wip around my face and hair. I see the ground approaching fast, I open my wings out at the last second and fall to the ground. 

I slowly sit up rubbing one of my wings, " I regret doing that," I say. Then I notice it. I stand up wings dragging on the ground and I look around. There's no one here. Deserted, no one, not even Tristan. 

" HELLOOOOO??!!! ANYONE THERE!!??" I yell. The only response I get is startled birds flying up out of the trees. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Lost Pendant By T.S

Historical Fiction

86 5 1
This fictional story revolves around three friends and a cursed pendant. Due to a certain circumstance, it forces them to hunt and go behind the pend...
35 8 8
War erupts, reshaping everything and forcing Helu, a ten-year-old Celtic girl, to unearth her hidden strengths and nurture in a group of children cap...
7.3K 229 9
In this world, everyone has a talent that defines them. Whether it's activity you're good at, or a characteristic about you, or a power you possess...
50.9K 6.2K 100
In a world where humans and elves had always lived in harmony, a prophecy was made that an evil power would arise and bring the ruin of the human kin...