Story of Us • Completed

By raisinggays

There are many things to hate when you're a student. 1. Teachers 2. Classmates 3. School 4. Studying itself ... More

Disclaimer
Welcome To New York
Bad Blood
Blank Space
Look What You Made Me Do
Shake It Off
Red
How You Get The Girl
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Sparks Fly
New Romantics
Jump Then Fall
Don't Blame Me
22
Everything Has Changed
Enchanted
You Belong With Me
The Story of Us
Gorgeous
Speak Now
Dress
Wildest Dreams
Fearless
Our Song
Mean
Forever and Always
Getaway Car
Ours
Love Story
Mine
Fifteen
Style
Hey Stephen
Back to December
note

I Knew You Were Trouble

4K 248 29
By raisinggays

Kongpob's

Not a day later, I decided to beg my room back from my parents although I didn't crawl. But if they want me to, I will, just for them to take me back. I just want to be out of that hell.

So here I am, standing in front of our door.

I contemplate knocking but I realize this is my house too so I just enter without knocking and I find my parents playing Twister™.

Damn. I can't believe they are my parents.

You don't know how awkward it is to see my Mae bent on top of my Por in an awkward position, it's shocking her bones can still bend in that way.

Besides them, one of my sisters, P'Kik, is laughing when my Por attempts to put his hand on the red part making my Mae fall on the floor with a hard thud.

And they all laugh. All of them. It's a picture-perfect family. Of them laughing.

They still haven't noticed me in front of them.

I scoff. While their son is in agony, they are here, having fun on their own. Wow. I just love my family so much.

I cough. They all look at me. Finally.

"Why are you here?" P'Kik.

Wow. I feel the love. Sometimes I ask, am I really a member of the family?

I sit beside P'Kik. "What? This is my house too."

"Not until you learn the meaning of independence, this isn't your house." Mae.

"P'Kik is older than me but she's still here with you, how is that different with me?"

"I don't waste my money on any collection."

I glare at her. It's not just a collection, it's more than that. It's practically my life.

"I have already learned my lesson. Just take me back."

"Why?" Mae looks at me with a glare, I gulp. "What did you do with the money we gave you? Did you buy it with another Pikachu?"

Great, she trusts me so much and she said this isn't my punishment for that pokemon collection? Right.

"What? Of course not. I've rented an apartment like what you told me but I just can't live there anymore."

"Why not?" Por asks, wiping the sweat on his forehead.

"My neighbor, they are so annoying. They are blasting Taylor Swift songs in the middle of the night every night. I can't focus, I need to review. I might just fail my test if I continue living there, you don't want it, right?"

I see Por deep in thoughts, of course, he doesn't want his favorite son to fail any of his exams. I smirk internally, I just need to pull the right cards.

But before Por can agree with me and let me go back here, P'Kik squeals.

"What? Why do you want to move then? It's Tay, you uncultured swine. I wanna be best friends with them. If I were you, I'd be happy to live there."

I smile at her. "Oh look Mae, P'Kik wants to swap with me. I'll be happy then, you can pack your things now and I'll bring mine later. Go. Bye. Or just drop my thing here, I'll wait."

She slaps me on the head. "I said if I were you but I'm not you."

"But you love that, right? Free Taylor Swift concert every night?"

"But I can have a Free TS concert every night in the comforts of my own room especially now that my annoying brother isn't living beside me and complaining every single time. It's your karma, you always complain about my loud music, now you found the person to deal with."

Oh. She's so evil. I look at Mae and pout. "Mae, please? Have mercy on me, I can't live there for the next days. I'll be crazy."

"That's part of being independent Kong, you should be accountable with all your decision. If you're backing away from this simple decision, you won't learn how to be independent. Don't give up so easily. Look for the silver lining."

I can't even see the bronze lining.

I look at Por. "Por? Please? You can't do this to your favorite son."

I ignore P'Kik's comment of, "You are his only son."

"Sorry Kong, your mother's words are the law."

Tsk. Why is my father so whipped? I can't understand. Is that like a rule when you're in love? Do you have to be the slave of your partner? That's like abuse in a different form.

"Fine. Let me rot in that place then. It's nice to know how much you love me."

Mae scoffs and rolls her eyes at me before she stands before the Twister™ mat with Por beside her. They are in for another round.

"Stop being dramatic. We're doing this because we want you to stop depending on us, we won't be here forever with you Kong, you should learn how to be on your own."

That iconic line.

Whenever she says that I know I can't fight with her anymore, it's useless.

Nothing will go against her. She's the rule here.

"Want to play Twister with us?" Por.

I roll my eyes. I will never play that stupid game. "No. But if you take me back, I will."

"Stop insisting Kong."

/

Since my family's out of the plan, there's only one thing left for me to do. To speak to that person and beg for them to stop their shits and let me rest just. for. once. All I need is a day without Taylor Swift telling me about her exes.

But still, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt-

Once upon time
A few mistakes ago
I was in your sights
You got me alone

Shit.

There they go again.

And it's another heartbreak song I'm assuming.

It's obvious.

And he's long gone
When he's next to me
And I realize the blame is on me.

I don't know who to curse, the person or the ex. I mean come to think of it, if they hadn't broken the person, they wouldn't do these damned things to me.

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in

I snort at the irony. The person is the trouble and I should've known it before I agreed to live here and pay the only money I have. But now I'm here. Not knowing what to do with my life anymore. And our major calculus exam is close to near.

Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

Thank you Taylor Swift for echoing my sentiments.

I pick my earphones from my bedside table and try listening to Beethoven but Taylor Swift's repeated 'trouble' rings in my ears. Fuck this!

I groan. When will my life ever be quiet?

I'm afraid to shout and berate them because the last night that I did, someone from the other side of the room shouted at me. Me. The one who's quiet, annoyed and wanting peace of mind.

Not the person beside me. creating all the noise in this building— speaking of this building, I'm still shocked how the hell am I the only one wanting to break their door, shouldn't there be angry mobs with pitchforks and torches in front of their door?

Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

It's louder than before.

Fuck. I can't take this anymore.

I raise my fist and slam it on the wall, "Shut up!"

No response.

I did it again, harder and continuously until I heard a crack on the wall.

Damn. I think I made a dent there. Ugh. Now, where will I get the money to pay for the wall? Not to mention, now it's dented, the music is louder.

"Shut the fuck up!"

I shout.

Someone knocks on my door. "Be quiet!"

I won't be surprised if it's me who'd be reported.

I'll probably have to play Twister with my parents any time soon.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 32.3K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
9.3K 239 33
Hey new book yay ^_^ Karl's gets sent to a boarding school,but what happens when he finds out his a fairy and there's a whole magical world for him t...
172K 8K 30
Gulf as a arrogant rich spoiled brat who crosses path with gentle polite teaching assistant Mew. Mild and Boat as best friends.. are they really bes...
9.2K 78 10
"Semantic Error" tells the story of a campus romance between the inflexible SangWoo (played by DONGKIZ's Park JaeChan) and his encounter with the cam...