Life Around Us...(EDITING)

By MShehooo

As the title goes..."life around us.." Fahma and her family have gone through a lot and that's what happens... More

PROLOGUE....
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER9
CHAPTER11
CHAPTER12
CHAPTER13
CHAPTER14
CHAPTER15
CHAPTER16
CHAPTER17
Chapter18
Chapter 19
CHAPTER20
CHAPTER21
CHAPTER22
CHAPTER23
CHAPTER24
CHAPTER25
CHAPTER26
Chapter27
Chapter28
Chapter30
Chapter31
CHAPTER32
CHAPTER33
CHAPTER34
CHAPTER35
Chapter36
Chapter37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter40
Chapter41
Chapter42
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44

Chapter29

53 18 9
By MShehooo

"Refrain from being a source of pain and anguish to people because some hearts are never turned down by Allah and some tears can bring your judgement closer.."
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

The shock of what Ummu Sulaim did still remains in Ummu Maryam's memory. Surely,we should be careful who we associate with. Your best friend today can be your worst enemy tomorrow. All the trust went down the drain. The story of what happened between them has spread all over, all thanks to Latest. Everyone giving his own version of falsehood. Ummu Sulaim bragged of being the one with people to support her and gave them every detail of what has and what will be her next move while Ummu Maryam never gave them a chance to hear a word from her. Gossipers came to her feigning innocence just to hear from her but still she prays for Allah's intervention.

Ummu Sulaim by name Halima Abdullahi is an orphan who lost her father at the age of seven. Originally from Nassarawa state but lived with her family in Portharcourt,Rivers state. Having only one younger sister Sa'adatu who happens to be her step sister. They lived separately after their father's demise as her sister moved to Katsina with her mother while she stayed back with her mother too. A while after,her mother left her all alone with no care or support and moved to Jos where she got married to another man.

That was where her true mystery of life began. Living with her father's best friend wasn't easy,until on a faithful day a woman who was once helped by her father saw her at a wedding two years after her mother left. She asked her of her present condition and without hesitation, she lamented everything to her. That was when she decided to bring her along to Kano where she's currently living.

The woman whom Ummu Sulaim calls Inna took very good care of her. Inna is married to a very nice man but their worry was that they never had any Issue and for that,they resulted to adopting their relatives children whom they picked interest in. He never objected to Ummu Sulaim's stay and he took her as his eldest daughter. Two years after moving to Kano,Inna came in contact with Ummu Sulaim's mother. They spoke at length about all that happened in the past and that she had no reason for leaving her daughter,she just couldn't stand living the rest of her life without a husband and with a daughter,it wasn't going to be easy but she asked Inna to bring Ummu Sulaim over during vacations.

In no time,the school vacations arrived and Ummu Sulaim couldn't hide her happiness because she was meeting her mother again. Since the day she was told about her mother with the reason why she left her excluded,she became very eager for the time to meet her to come but on going there,she found out that her step father didn't consent to her spending the holiday in his house. He asked her mother to send her back to where she came from two days after her arrival and what hurt her the most was her mother did as he said without disagreeing to the fact and that she showed no remorse for what she did. That was the last time she met her then during her wedding. Her God father got married to two women again and they all had the same issue of not giving birth.

They lived peacefully, each of them with one or two children they were adopting and the children's minds blended with one another not until Ummu Sulaim started causing rift between the wives and later the children. Even after knowing who the cause was,he never said a word against her. He always prayed she changes for the better while he tried controlling his house affairs. After she graduated from secondary school, he asked whether she was willing to further her studies but she showed no interest so he decided to marry her off to his friend's son who has been showing interest on her but to his greatest surprise she refused. He was disappointed by her actions but he endured that considering the fact that she was an orphan and she deserved the best.. But her actions grew beyond expectation because she became very disrespectful towards him and her ability to cause problems in his house grew stronger.

He later severed all ties with her because he brought many suitors for her and she kept disgracing and embarrassing him in front of them. Someone he picked from grass and now to grace is the one who doesn't take him as anything. He did many research and consultations to see if she was mentally fit or if she had any spiritual issue but all were negative, it was just sheer insolence and he couldn't take that. He allowed her to live in his house but never to interfere in his personal matters. She poisoned Inna's mind more against her co wives and their kids before she got married to Abu Sulaim(Hamza).

After getting married,after the rift she caused between him and his family,she maltreated her step sister who was born at her mother's second home. Rukayya was mistreated mercilessly by her until when she connived with the neighbor's in the area who helped her to escape back to Nassarawa state where she was living with her mother now because her mother was divorced from the second house and is now married to another man.

Even though Ummu Maryam knew all these about her,some told by her and some by people who knew her so very much. She never disliked her because she believed anyone who grew up in such a condition will do more than that but also she came to understand that betrayal Lives in Ummu Sulaim. It is a very big pillar surrounding her conscience,it penetrated into her heart, it has already settled in the deepest core of the soft flesh which if it is pure, the body gets cleansed along with it and if it rots,the body rots along with it..

Abu Maryam travelled back to work and she's now lonely at home as all the children went to school. Fahma and Amrah for exams while Adnan and the rest were to start theirs in two weeks time. Fahma has only two papers left while Amrah has four.

Fahma was very tired after the exams,so she didn't come out from her room since when she came back home. After Asr prayer,she entered the bathroom to take a cold bath and before undressing she heard Adnan's sobs,she immediately exited the bathroom and made her way to where she heard his voice. She saw him in tears holding the back of his head. Ummu Maryam rushed out too asking of  what happened and he told them that Aslam hit him on the head with a stone and when they checked his head,he was bleeding. There and then Fahma's eyes turned red,her brain registered what only she alone knows and without bothering to pick a veil she walked out of their house barefooted.

Banging the door open, she entered Ummu Sulaim's house,her blood boiling in rage. But when she tried opening their doors, they were all locked. She shouted at the top of her voice her lungs fidgeting from the effect.

"Ummu,why you of all people? I know you're fully aware of what your son did now but please don't let that happen again" she stated with folded palms"I know you're in there. Not opening the door will not solve anything but please warn those kids to stay away from us. Please"she added with tears in her eyes.

Sulaim who was inside too opened the window of their sitting room and threw a stone at her but she dodged on time,her mother came into the house and tried to take her back home but she was too angry to listen to anyone and she dragged the net attached to the window. Their neighbors came in and tried consoling her while others were there to feed their eyes and to their surprise she ripped the net off the wall. They all stood mouth agape while they heard Ummu Sulaim raining curses on her from inside.

"You're a mad girl,you don't respect your mother how do I expect you to respect me. I'll make you pay,you still don't know me" hearing that made Fahma more tensed and she started dragging the burglary proof of the window. By all means,she wanted to jump through the window and when one woman tried holding her back,she pushed her because she was fully aware that she is her ally. She replied Ummu Sulaim back before going out of the house.

"This madness is for the respect I have for my mother. You don't know who a mother is,you never had the love of one,how will you value one. I am sorry to say but you are nothing but a badluck to people".

She tied the scarf on her head tightly on her way back with her mother by her side and she spotted Amrah in the midst of the girls who are their neighbors to the left. It seemed like there was a commotion, so she lifted her gown and ran to them while her mother followed behind calling her back.

" Fahm,they slapped me just because they insulted mother and father and I defended"Amrah complained with no tears.

"What did they say?" Fahma asked with a straight face and hands akimbo.

"That father is a womanizer and mother a prostitute" immediately she knew they had something to do with Ummu Sulaim.

"Is that true" Fahma asked with  furrowed brows but they didn't say a word and gave her a daring look. Two of them were older than Fahma and one amongst is bigger than her while the rest of the two were her mates. She heard her mother say if they don't deal with them then they'll have to face her and they immediately swing to action.

"Slap them on both cheeks each" Fahma instructed Amrah and the girls laughed. Before they knew it,she slapped their elder sister on both before giving them theirs and from then Fahma pushed the biggest one to the floor as she was their only support. Fahma dealt with her before pushing her into the culvert at their frontage,Amrah did the same with those who tried attacking her sister and Fahma joined her to finish the task.

When they finished, they smiled at their mother and she gave them a thumbs up while the neighbors started saying they were wrong, they shouldn't have done that."the deed has been done" Amrah whispered to them before going inside their house. The girls started a small display of being possessed by Jinns but when they heard that Fahma was coming out again they all pretended it didn't happen.

Fahma phoned her father and told him about all she did and accepted her faults and also apologized for breaking her promise. All this while they didn't notice that Adnan was missing until when their mother informed them that the chairman of the community took him for treatment and that the community head was coming to sort issues out. Everyone was surprised to hear that the head who never followed anyone home for any reason but is being followed was coming to their street for this reason and that Abu Maryam was the one who summoned him.

When the community head came Fahma still didn't get to bath,she was the last to appear and his guard tried insulting her but the look she gave him shut him up.

"I never knew that I had hoodlums in my community and as a matter of fact ladies. Most especially in Alhaji Ali Mamman's house. A man who never allowed indiscipline. That's why I want to know what pushed them into losing their patience because everyone has testified that they don't even look at people they don't know arrogantly so tell me what happened" the community head spoke. Before they spoke the other parties started narrating both the truth and lie. What surprised Fahma was that Abu Sulaim was a hypocrite too and that those girls are Ummu Sulaim's ally,for that she accepted all they said both what was true and false. When Amrah tried denying, she barked at her and that proved to everyone that they were well disciplined because none of her siblings spoke when she instructed them not to.

Their mother spoke without anyone of them interfering while the opposing side kept denying everything and implicated themselves. In the end they were asked never to cross any of Fahma's family members paths and to apologize to them while Fahma was asked to apologize to Ummu Sulaim for barging into her house and so she did. Before the community head left he lightened up the mood by saying..

"I think I'm going to recruit new soldiers in my community soon". They laughed at his statement while Ummu Sulaim and the rest said " It has just began" glaring at them. They entered their various homes after Isha' prayer.

Fahma and her siblings kept narrating the missing episodes to each other before they went to bed and their mother blessed them all even though her conscience was disturbing her. Their father was happy too but he wanted them to be flogged so bullying doesn't become their attitude but the community head explained why he didn't do so to him over the phone.

*************
Whoa!!! This chapter is really very long. Not bad I haven't updated a lot this days.

Punching number one down!!!!👊👊👊👊.. Where are the Nigerians??

I know most of you must have heard of the Punch newspapers.. Their news are dropped as a Punch Wollah😂😂😂. That was what happened..

Fahma great puncher well done👍👍👍.. You made momma proud.

I know many will wonder why a mother was happy after such an action from her children but they're conditions that being good never helps. Limits need to be set not because we want to be violent but because we deserve some respect..
Zina is a very great sin and being described as one who does that breaks the heart and snatches away s persons dignity💔💔.

-MShehooo💖💖💝.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.8K 43
"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list of girls to do it for you." I said glarin...
672K 100K 110
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved. FALAK: In a village where every girl must marry at the age of fifteen, a girl finds herself in a challenging s...
195K 8.3K 31
Sometimes the person we love most walk away when we need them next to us. Sometimes things happened that we never expected. Sometimes we expected so...
8.1K 512 61
They say "Blood is thicker than water." but "FAMILY" isn't just about blood, it's about who you love and have faith in and above all who loves you. F...